Author Topic: As They Merge ... Any Wild Cards?  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
As They Merge ... Any Wild Cards?
« on: October 30, 2005, 08:51:47 PM »
We know the numbers.  Bobby Jon, Dani, Brandon and Gary are outnumbered by the six members of the tribe they are merging with.  But, on the other hand, there are five original Nakum and five original Yaxha.  This might be interesting if old loyalties or new shifts take place.

As possible wild cards, I'll nominate Cindy and Dani.

From her comments, Cindy has been pretty much what she is in her day job - a zookeeper.  It's almost as though she's apart from these animals, observing and commenting about their behavior.  I really haven't seen her commit to any particular pack.  I predict that she will be a pivotal vote in one of the next two episodes.

Dani has always intrigued me.  She's with Bobby Jon and Brandon, but not really.  I see her pairing with Gary, possibly because she has something on him that might sway one or two jury votes if it was him versus her.  So I predict the two of them will become a block of two votes, which is big at this point in the game.

Any other hunches or ideas out there?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: As They Merge ... Any Wild Cards?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:31:15 AM »
I figure once they merge that Judd will follow Steph, Rafe and Jaime.  I seem to recall that Steph was quite chummy with Gary so maybe he will go with them.  And of course Lydia will stick with Steph. 

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 07:24:03 AM »
I think Cindy, Dani, and Rafe are all people who could be "swing" voters.  Rafe has especially been playing this game well as he is really flying under the radar.
If I had to pick somebody a winner right now, I may choose him.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 02:59:21 PM »
  Rafe has especially been playing this game well as he is really flying under the radar.
If I had to pick somebody a winner right now, I may choose him.

I agree with you about Rafe, Trevor.  So far he's playing an excellent game.

I seem to recall that Steph was quite chummy with Gary so maybe he will go with them. 

Don't forget that Rafe gave Garry immunity at the double TC, so there must be a reason for that.  I think they planned to have Garry re-join their alliance once they merged.

I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »
I believe Rafe and Lydia will go far as long as they continue to go UTR. Plus, they are not a threat.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Charmqn

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 10:10:19 AM »
I have a feeling Danni finds the immunity idol in episode 9.

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 12:58:12 PM »
I was very disappointed with Rafe when he went with the "Axis of Evil" and voted off Brandon.  It was obvious that his conscience was really bothering him.  Jamie is truly obnoxious and I would have voted him off just to be rid of him.

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »
I should have seen that coming - Rafe getting uneasy about being allied with a faction that can't stand being gracious, benevolent executioners.  I was wondering where Jamie's head was.  You don't try to verbally whoop on someone who a) isn't going to be voted off, and b) (as a result) would be on the jury if he got to the final two.  At least Judd knew (or hoped) Margaret was a) gone and b) not on his jury when he teed off on her a few weeks back.

Well, Rafe might jump ship.  But then it's 5 versus 4, with the four being Bobby Jon, Danni, G'Boom, and Rafe.  Would have been better with Jamie gone and 4 versus 5.

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »
Status report on my original predictions:

Wrong:.  Cindy wasn't a pivotal vote.  She's still invisible.  Nice throw, though, in the Reward Challenge!

Pending:  Gary and Danni as an influential block of two.  Still could happen.  It is possible that some of The Six will become complacent and figure 5 versus 2 is still a good deal.  If that happens, the easiest way is for one to find two others of The Six and then get Danni and G'Boom to go along (and avoid a tie).  That would be the absolute BEST scenario for The Two.  It would create a cross-relationship that could have some durability.  The tougher, yet safest, option is to make it a totally internal thing - getting five of their own to vote the remaining one out.  The votes of The Two would be irrelevant.

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 08:32:59 PM »
Okay.  Gary's out.  I'm done as a predictor.  Cindy is influential.  But so is everyone else.

This is a great season.  It looked like Bobby Jon out, Gary out, and Danni out as of the merge.  Now Danni looks to be in the catbird seat, seeing whe was nowhere to be found the first half of the last episode.