Author Topic: TAR8 Family Edition / Schedule  (Read 26340 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR8 Family Edition / Schedule
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:33:29 PM »
This From CBS Press Release !! .

:bar:

Tuesday Nov 1 st   : EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "
A Close Finish Footrace to the Mat Marks the Next Episode of The Amazing Race 

IN AN EXCITING FOOT RACE TO THE MAT, TEAMS ARE WITHIN SECONDS OF EACH OTHER AS THEY FIGHT EXHAUSTION TO CLAIM FIRST PLACE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, NOV. 1 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do" - - In an exciting foot race to the mat, teams are within seconds of each other as they fight exhaustion to claim first prize, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Nov. 1 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

The families leave Panama and head to San Jose, Costa Rica in search of their next clue.
One team is yielded at a roadblock and passes the time by talking trash about their competition.
 Another family struggles with a seemingly simple task and watches their lead over the others quickly dwindle. Meanwhile, two Racers watch in awe as one member of their family out-muscles them.

EP7 : " You Look Ridiculous; I Don't Roll With The Punches, I Punch"

A Two-Hour Episode Sprints "The Amazing Race 8" Closer to the Finish Line, Nov. 8

Tuesday, Nov. 8
(9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Tensions begin to mount as a rivalry intensifies between two families during a special two-hour edition. Phil Keoghan hosts.

Press Release:
Safety Divers Sent in to Rescue a Racer on the Next Episode of The Amazing Race  11/4/05

THE RACE INTENSIFIES AS SAFETY DIVERS ARE SENT IN TO RESCUE ONE RACER, WHILE ANOTHER RACER LOSES CONTROL OF THEIR CAR DURING A CHALLENGE, ON A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EDITION OF "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, NOV. 8

"You Look Ridiculous" -- Safety divers are forced to rescue one of the racers who's struggling to stay afloat during a challenge, on a special two-hour episode of THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

One family watches as one of their own takes an uncontrollable spin in a car during one of the challenges. Also, racers must leave their fear of heights on the ground as teams endure the flight of a lifetime filled with gravity-defying activities. Meanwhile, the rivalry between two families escalates into a high-speed food fight.

11/8/2005 (tuesday)
9:00 PM - amazing race, the (cbs)
back-to-back new episodes (#808/809)

NO TAR Nov 15th

Tuesday, Nov. 15 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) THE 39TH ANNUAL COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION AWARDS -- It's country music's biggest night with performances from Martina McBride, Sugarland, Gretchen Wilson, Brooks & Dunn, Dierks Bentley, Big & Rich, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, George Straight, Keith Urban, Lee Ann Womack and others. Billy Joel and Shania Twain present the Entertainer of the Year Award in the ceremony live from Madison Square Garden in New York.
Title:

'How's that Face Feel ?'

Tuesday, Nov. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)
THE AMAZING RACE -- Teams are taken to new heights as the racers continue on their way towards the $1 million prize.
Encouraged by his family, one racer tackles his fear of heights 
Teams are shocked when they recieve a clue from a 1,100 pound grizzly bear 
Plunging down a 60-foot ramp, one team member amuses his family with a face plant into the water

Press Release:

Contestants Must Get Their Clue From a Grizzly Bear on the Next Amazing Race  11/14/05

"THE AMAZING RACE" CELEBRATES ITS 100TH EPISODE ON TUESDAY, NOV. 22

THREE EMMY AWARDS, OVER 300,000 MILES TRAVELED, 88 TEAMS AND NEARLY 50 COUNTRIES VISITED HAVE MADE THE FIRST 100 EPISODES OF RACE SIMPLY 'AMAZING'

ONE FAMILY MEMBER AMUSES THE REST OF THE FAMILY WITH A FACE PLANT INTO THE WATER AFTER PLUNGING DOWN A 60 FT. RAMP, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8"

THE AMAZING RACE celebrates its 100th episode on Tuesday, Nov. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Three consecutive Emmy Awards for Outstanding Reality/Competition Program, over 300,000 miles traveled, 88 Teams and nearly 50 countries visited have made the first 100 episodes of Race simply "Amazing." Phil Keoghan is the host of the Award-winning reality series.

During this milestone episode, "How's That Face Feel?," one family member amuses the rest of the family with a face plant into the water after plunging down a 60 ft. ramp on THE AMAZING RACE 8. In addition, teams are shocked to receive a clue from an unlikely messenger, an 1,100-pound grizzly bear. Meanwhile, one racer's motor mouth drives fellow teammates crazy.

11/22/2005 (tuesday)
new episode (#810)

Title:
" Don't Talk to Me like I Was an Animal or Something "

Tuesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Every minute counts as the Race continues towards the $1 million prize and teams are caught off guard by a surprise ending when they arrive at the mat. Phil Keoghan hosts.

Webteasers:
Teams are taken aback by one familys outburst and strange behavior
During a ride in a tranquil hot-air balloon ,the peace is disturbed when two teams collide in mid-air.
At the Mercy of an unpredictable Volcano ,teams are detained on the way to the pitstop.

..press release

Two Teams Collide Midair in a Hot Air Balloon on the Next "Amazing Race"  11/23/05

DURING A TRANQUIL RIDE IN A HOT AIR BALLOON, THE PEACE IS DISTURBED WHEN TWO TEAMS COLLIDE IN THE AIR ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Don't Talk To Me Like I Was An Animal Or Something" -- During a tranquil ride in a hot air balloon, the peace is disturbed when two Teams collide in the air, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

Teams are taken aback by one family's outburst and strange behavior on the race. Another family breezes through an otherwise challenging task while the other teams struggle attempting to control the herd of animals. At the mercy of an unpredictable volcano, teams are detained on their way to the Pit Stop.[/b]

11/29/2005 (tuesday)
new episode (#811)
12/6/2005 (tuesday)
new episode (#812)
Title
" A Famliy Christmas Card"

WebClues:
One Teammate's performance gets their Family out of a Potential Jam  .
On The Way to the Pitstop , one Team Gets Pulled Over by the Police .Will it cost them the Race?
Tensions Rise when one Racer Breaks from the Team to perform a Task on her own .

Press Release

ONE TEAMMATE'S PERFORMANCE OVERWHELMS THE REST OF THE FAMILY AND GETS THEM OUT OF A POTENTIAL JAM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 8," TUESDAY, DEC. 6 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"The Family Christmas Card" -- One teammate's performance overwhelms the rest of the family and gets them out of a potential jam, on THE AMAZING RACE 8, Tuesday, Dec. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

On the way to the Pit Stop, one team gets pulled over by the police and wonders if this will cost them the race. Tensions continue to rise as another racer pulls away from the team to perform a task on her own.

webclues

1)Failing to find an entrance one family desperately tries to run their vehicle through a locked door .

2)One Family member suffers through several futile attempts at a frightening task while enduring constant ribbing from the sidelines .

3)After 600 consecutive hours together as a family , the final teams reach the end city . Who will win The Amazing Race ?

12/13/2005 (tuesday)
8th season finale (#813)

The $1-million prize for "The Amazing Race" contestants is two weeks away. CBS will reveal the winner in a two-hour broadcast Dec. 13 says Lori DelliColli, the publicist for the show.
One team will be eliminated Tuesday, with three advancing to the finale the following week, DelliColli says.
source

source futoncritic

and here
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:40:05 PM by puddin »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: TAR8 Family Edition / Schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »
BOOO Country Music!

A twist at the end? My eyebrows have perked up!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:37:48 PM »
If the finale is Nov 29th ( it actually doesn't tell us Finale ?) then this would be stinky if it were 1hour ..but this is as far as the press release goes so?? but the surprise ending has me wondering ... }}

Tuesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Every minute counts as the Race continues towards the $1 million prize and teams are caught off guard by a surprise ending when they arrive at the mat. Phil Keoghan hosts.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 04:57:10 PM »
It will end in Nov because of Nov. Sweeps for the networks. If they push the finale into December, it means the network doesn't have a lot of confidence in the show, and that isn't good.

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 06:01:29 PM »
You guys are probably right but a 1 hour finale sucks ..Raises my eyebrows too , love surprises ! Probably another team waiting to promote the DVD release or GSN hype  {l{ ..I hope its Romber just to piss you off Rob  ]][

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 07:58:07 PM »
I'll go against the current and stick with my original guess: a 20 Dec finale to coincide with the release of the TAR7 DVD (and the Canadian ice-cream vendors will be a TAR7 team).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 08:53:28 PM »
Tuesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Tensions begin to mount as a rivalry intensifies between two families during a special two-hour edition. Phil Keoghan hosts.

Seems the Weavers are SAFE upcoming EP Nov 1st !!

Tuesday, Nov. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Teams are taken to new heights as the racers continue on their way towards the $1 million prize.

}^{
Maybe the CN Tower in Toronto ?  or

4. Park City, Utah hot-air balloons  (thanks to supsandalee)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:14:18 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 09:35:39 PM »
I'm in favor of a November 29 grand finale.  And the shows could line up like this:

Nov. 1 - EP 6 - Panama/Costa Rica - ELIMINATION - 5 Teams left.

Nov. 8 - EP 7 - Arizona - NON ELIMINATION - 5 Teams left. (First Hour)

Nov. 8 - EP 8 - Utah - ELIMINATION - 4 Teams Left (Second Hour)

Nov. 15 - NO TAR

Nov. 22 - EP 9 - Wyomng/Montana - NON ELIMINATION - 4 Teams Left

Nov. 29 - EP 10 - Toronto/Montreal - ELIMINATION - 3 Teams Left

Nov. 29 - EP 11 - Niagara Falls -FINAL RACE TO THE MAT (This could be a second hour tonight)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:14:16 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 09:49:24 PM »
I was just trying to put this sequnce in the timeline.

But I have it ... not quite the same.

I'm just guessing.  We can try to sort things out as days go by.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 09:57:06 PM »
Looks good Gman !! Sadly I call Paolo's eliminated this upcoming week  :':') ..however they did bond and won that Fantastic trip to Panama ..the resort !! I hope DJ hugss Mama  {|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 12:15:16 AM »
schedule updated !!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 12:25:47 AM »
What about 12/6/2005 (tuesday)?   :unde:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »
apparently CBS has not released that date yet Chateau  {l{ ..keep your eye on the futoncritic ..they get all the good press releases  :t-up:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 11:14:07 AM »
Thanks Puddin.

Here is a bigger version.  Can you figure out where it is?   8-)'

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 01:11:15 PM »
Hey Chateau, I've been there, but I took the cruise at night.  Is your avatar a screen capture from TAR1?   

I bought the DVD and have only two more episodes to go.

P.S.  Don't give away too many of your detective methods.  It's kind of like a magician telling how a trick worked.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 06:43:58 PM »
My visit was not a cruise. :t-up:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 04:21:28 PM »
Tuesday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE -- Every minute counts as the Race continues towards the $1 million prize and teams are caught off guard by a surprise ending when they arrive at the mat.

Phil says "you're still racing" ala Season 7, Ep 7 in India. He's probably been waiting to do his eyebrow thingy again!  |#'

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 08:35:35 AM by supsandalee »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »
My visit was not a cruise.

Even though it is a very touristy thing to do, I first saw your avatar taking a night time cruise on the river.  Many of the great buildings in the city were lit up.  It sure was something to see.

I hope you have a good story once Puddin replies.   >*&

As for me, I hope to pedal up the Monster of the Provence someday.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »
Banks of the Seine   8-)'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 12:49:55 PM »
Boo!!

Good job Puddin (and Pedaler) you got it. 

Puddin, I'm sorry to hijack the thread with this travel goobble-d-gook but ...

There were seven of us and we stayed here.  One of us, upon arrival by her separate taxi asked the driver "Is this a safe area?" She was after all standing in front of an old building that goes back to the 1700's.  The driver said words to the effect:  "Lady, this neighborhood is one the most expensive in Paris."

I loved every minute we were there.  You could not decide whether to stand on the little balcony staring at any of a dozen captivating scenes or events or activities...OR  go out of the apartment to do something Parisian.  As soon as kid's tuitions are paid I'm going back.

Pedaler, are you going to do a bike ride up the Rhone?  I did this trip once but it was a camping version.

Before you get too far try to find this:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 03:09:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing Chateau !!  {| ..would love to see some pictures if you want to share  |#'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 05:21:08 PM »
Can you find the kitty?   :<(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »
I see him Chateau ,is the kitty real ?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 07:35:17 PM »
Black cats on Halloween...seems only natural.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
Oh, Oh!  Puddin, Chateau and Slowhatch are playing old school TAR with you  :nods: