Author Topic: EP8:The Hidden Immunity Idol  (Read 16173 times)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: EP8:The Hidden Immunity Idol
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 09:17:56 PM »
There is no way Jaime is going to turn on Judd after his comment last week of wanting to take him to F2, but if Danni, Brandon, and BJ (well at least the first two) are smart enough they will pull Gary, Cindy, and Lydia into voting Judd out.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 10:54:21 AM »
Rob and I were talking last night and were thinking it could be a tie breaker this Thursday ..somewhere in an interview with Jim Lynch  he mentioned that the tie breaker was different this time around ..how would he know unless someone had told him in sequester ? This could be why ( I think ) Gary goes ..he loses the tie-breaker to whomever ..just speculating ..

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 12:24:15 PM »
This is sort of more speculation than spoiler, but let's face it, this whole season has lacked a lot of true spoiling.  Anyway, here's how I see a primary breakdown of the players:

Judd         Have already made an agreement to go to final 2
Jamie

Steph
Rafe          Have a pretty well-established alliance
Lydia

BJ                   These two were formerly allied, but after last week’s
Brandon        vote switch by BJ, will Brandon trust him?

Gary – possibly will go back to his old alliance with Steph, Rafe, Lydia

Danni – possibly will go back to her old alliance with BJ

Cindy – unknown

Jamie and BJ do not like each other, therefore it is unlikely they will align.  If Jamie doesn’t align with BJ, will Judd honor his agreement with Jamie and not make any deals with BJ?

Discuss.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 02:03:40 PM »

Gary – possibly will go back to his old alliance with Steph, Rafe, Lydia

My reasoning as to why Judd would want Gary gone..Judd is the King of his Castle amd has no room for Gary .

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 03:55:14 PM »
That's true, that Judd is the King of the Hill - or he thinks he is.  Why would Gary be more of a threat at this point than BJ ?  So, what you are thinking is that Judd, Jamie, Steph, Rafe, Lydia vote together with the possibility of maybe one of the others, or that the five of them vote for Gary and the other five vote for Judd?  Then there is a tie and it's broken somehow? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 04:23:13 PM »
aminkino , I don't know what I'm thinking ..TDT threw me for a loop and am now rethinking my pick

but Brandon makes no sense to me .
I'll let you know if I get any scoop tomorrow  >*& .

BOOT/ Brandon? Gary?
We were initially fairly sure this week's boot would be Gary, but Xbalanque: 's post pointing instead to Brandon gives us pause. In retrospect, we'll admit that a couple of lines of evidence for Gary not making the jury were not as solid as we thought. So let's go through the candidates for the boot:

Gary Brandon
- Strong, immunity threat, leader.
- By all appearances to his ex-tribemates now on Nakum, he sold out Brian and Amy to save himself.
- On the other hand, previously had an alliance with Steph, who is already tiring of Jamie. Logical replacement there. Perhaps with Danni replacing Judd as well?

- Xbalanque: Probably last non-juror.
- Strong, immunity threat.
- Shown (again in web promo) looking concerned as Probst tells Yaxha they're merging after the Ep7 TC.
- He and Bobby Jon are shown desperately looking for the hidden idol, suggesting both are in trouble.
- Shown struggling with decisions in past few episodes. Not good in a potential juror?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 04:26:27 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 08:34:46 PM »
The Castaways Search for a Hidden Immunity Idol on the Next Survivor Episode  11/2/05

THE CASTAWAYS LEARN THAT THERE IS AN IMMUNITY IDOL HIDDEN AT CAMP, ON "SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE," THURSDAY, NOV. 3

"The Hidden Immunity Idol" -- There's a hidden Immunity Idol at camp which, if found, could protect a castaway from being voted out, on SURVIVOR:  GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE, Thursday, Nov. 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The castaways learn that there is a special Immunity Idol hidden in the Guatemalan Jungle...and the hunting begins.  Given the choice to feast or compete in the Immunity Challenge, several castaways choose to enjoy an abundance of food in front of the others who are competing in a grueling endurance challenge. 

Is this a smart move or will their hunger be their demise?

And, the ninth member is voted out of the tribe.
ORIGINAL NAKUM:

Brandon Bellinger, 22, Manhattan, Kan., Farmer/Ranger (Eighth Voted Out)

Danni Boatwright, 30, Tonganozie, Kan., Sports Radio Talk Show Host

Margaret Bobonich, 43, Chardon, Ohio, Family Nurse Practitioner (Sixth Voted Out)

Bobby Jon Drinkard, 27, Troy, Ala., Waiter

Cindy Hall, 31, Naples, Fla., Zookeeper

Jim Lynch, 63, Northglenn, Colo., Retired Fire Captain (First Voted Out)

Judd Sergeant, 35, Ridgefield, N.J., Hotel Doorman

Brooke Struck, 26, Hood River, Ore., Law Student (Fourth Voted Out)

Blake Towsley, 24, Dallas, Commercial Real Estate Broker/Model (Fifth Voted Out)

ORIGINAL YAXHA:

Brian Corridan, 22, New Milford, Conn., Ivy League Student (Seventh Voted Out)

Gary Hogeboom, 47, Grand Haven, Mich., Ex-NFL Quarterback/Real Estate Developer

Rafe Judkins, 22, Pittsburgh, Wilderness Guide

Stephenie LaGrossa, 25, Philadelphia, Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

Morgan McDevitt, 21, Decatur, Ill., Magician's Assistant/Waitress (Second Voted Out)

Lydia Morales, 42, Lakewood, Wash., Fishmonger

Jamie Newton, 24, Douglas, Ga., Water Ski Instructor

Amy O'Hara, 39, Revere, Mass., Police Sergeant

Brianna Varela, 21, Edmonds, Wash., Retail Sales/Make-Up Artist (Third Voted Out)

SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA -- THE MAYA EMPIRE is produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are the executive producers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:39:04 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 08:43:14 PM »
If anyone cares I'm going with Brandon for the boot , not Gary  :<(

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 11:02:04 AM »
Please tell me that's not you in your avatar.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 11:23:42 AM »

It's her twin....Mrs. Paolo
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 12:21:48 PM »
I hope it is not Brandon.  I really like him.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 12:31:37 PM »

It's her twin....Mrs. Paolo
  ^/^ rotflmao

Riverrat

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 12:46:34 PM »
I was and am afraid it is Brandon tonight. That is why I was trying to convince myself it would be Judd.  I saw BJ's head snap around last week when Brandon said what he did about having alliances and then wondering if another person may be more deserving.  I also think Gary will join his old tribe pretty much and take Danni with him. I can't see Judd switching back to Brandon, BJ and Danni at this point. That kind of leaves Brandon and BJ out in the cold. Dang it all.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 12:55:53 PM »
sigh river, i'm with you on this one now. i think gary and danni are a lot more together than we've been shown. maybe that sports thing. bobby jon didn't learn enough from his first go round. he gets immunity and brandon goes this week, he goes next week. off to change my picks, double sigh.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »
I think you have a good idea River...I have Brandon as my pick.  Also that could be why they showed the part of BJ wanting to make jury..he survives this week only to be the first jury member

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2005, 01:32:03 PM »
Good thoughts River ... how sad , like Vernie ..Brandon was one of my favs *sigh* ..all the good players are quickly disappearing  :unde: . This season sucks *Blah*
Looks like BJ next week ..another good player bites the dust  :roll: , noone but Rafe left to root for  =]/ , he maybe boring but he seems like an all around good guy .. I hope he has a part in Judds demise down the road .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »
The reason I thought Brandon would be the logical boot this week is that he has been very good at challenges (there may even be some resentment on Jamie's part for the rope sawing).  The best strategy is to get rid of the potential challenge hogs as quickly as possible, and of all the remaining players, Brandon is it, even more so than Bobby Jon and certainly more so than Gary.

With the Nakum in majority, this week's boot has got to be a Yaxha, and with 4 former Yaxha on Nakum, I think they'd target a former Nakum before Gary.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »
rmax I play another game ..besides Brandon I need 2 other peeps that would get votes . I figure Jamie will get one from BJ but I still need one more person ..any ideas  :yaya:

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2005, 05:44:30 PM »
rmax I play another game ..besides Brandon I need 2 other peeps that would get votes . I figure Jamie will get one from BJ but I still need one more person ..any ideas  :yaya:

hmm, i have brandon, gary and judd for votes in that game if it helps
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2005, 06:06:52 PM »
thanks cinni  {|

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2005, 07:13:12 AM »
sorry I didn't see this until now.  Brandon, Bobby Jon, and Jamie would have been my top choices for votes.  Like a sucker, I thought there might have been a revolt against Jamie, after Rafe's confessional, until he was shown talking with Gary, who was trying to convince him to vote for Jamie, and Rafe started his reply with "But....".  At that point, I knew Brandon was a goner.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2005, 11:57:36 AM »
Its ok rmax ..I had Jamie & BJ and probably scored some points but the game is not scored yet..slow climb upwards  :]