Author Topic: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "  (Read 36564 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP6: "I'm Sick Of Doing Stuff I Can't Do "
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 03:00:40 PM »
In the vidcaps 41 - 46 where we see the YIELD for the first time, only five family pictures are shown (Linz, Paolo, Godlewski, Weaver and Gaghan) a male hand is holding the pix. Could this mean that the BRANSEN family is the family who yields. And who would be most likely to "trash talk" about another family? Weaver? Linz?

The Yield has Weaver written all over it Gman ...either they get yielded or yield another team . The other teams are always trashing the Weavers per inside clips & team eliminated articles .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2005, 03:58:24 PM »
In the vidcaps 41 - 46 where we see the YIELD for the first time, only five family pictures are shown (Linz, Paolo, Godlewski, Weaver and Gaghan) a male hand is holding the pix. Could this mean that the BRANSEN family is the family who yields. And who would be most likely to "trash talk" about another family? Weaver? Linz?

The actual video does flip through all 6 teams. I paused and counted. The Weavers could easily be the Yielders or the Yieldees. I suppose anyone who gets yielded will trash talk the ones who yielded them.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »
The coincidence of the other teams (shown watching) at the Roadblock make me think the Weavers are the sandwatchers.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2005, 04:33:09 PM »
Whoever is yielded I suppose it won't matter ..finding that one bean in the pit will be pure luck ..
Oh I have a sick feeling about the Paolo's ..something about that confessional does not sit well at all  ]:,

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 12:41:31 AM »
??? South of San Jose so?? maybe not ..

Manuel Antonio  suspension

another link

Quepos - Manuel Antonio

Quepos is the seat of the Aguirre canton, it maintains an important relationship with banana production activities in this part of the country. The old Banana Fruit Company structures are still preserved to this day.
http://www.spanishcourses.info/cities/217_quepos_-_manuel_antonio_EN.asp
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:52:42 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 12:55:12 AM »
The particular canopy tour mentioned on the (bearded guy) website is Rainmaker tours--directions here. Some general Costa Rica maps are here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »
Ahh I am not a map person Slowhatch , your pictures are even better , thank you  :cheeky: !! Looks close to our suspension bridge ?? plus nearby Quepos / Manuel Antonio  could be out banana location??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 01:19:28 AM »
one more than nite nite

nearby Quepos / Manuel Antonio 

Braulio Carrillo National Park ... the boundaries of Braulio Carrillo National Park, different sites of interest can be found including the Rain Forest Aerial Tram, Heliconia Farm, Costa Flores, Earth Station, banana and pineapple plantations, among others.

and
Puerto viejo de Sarapiquí
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:25:12 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 01:25:22 AM »
plus nearby Quepos / Manuel Antonio  could be out banana location??
Maybe so; it makes more sense that they would be grown closer to the coast than up in the central valley close to the coffee growers. Unfortunately, without more info in the photos (or more commercials to look at) the banana farm and the streets of San Jose (can anybody read that green sign?) may stay a mystery for a few more days....Nite :)ZZZ:)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2005, 11:21:35 AM »
No do on the sign Slowhatch , what I can use is some help on the voiceovers ..like who says we will not be using the  yield and who talks about the the million dollars getting closer ..etc . Also I cant understand what the Linz boy says about sucking it up for a day and being mean Hahaha

the sign , in the black strip maybe Cev---------- La V----------ti

it looks like a souveiner shop , like a place you would by panama type shirts and hats and maybe surfboards

does the Green part white lettering say DAD ----INOIC ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:33:29 AM by puddin »

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
The green part of the sign says DOS PINOS. It is a very large milk manufacturer, yogurt, those sort of things from COSTA RICA. Maybe they are sponsoring the store, that is why the store has a very small name.  I am pretty sure that the sign says Congelados La Va...... But I will keep looking.

Glad I could help.  :]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:04:34 PM by charlierose »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2005, 01:31:24 PM »
 :nods: Thanks. I could have stared at that thing for a long time and never seen the two trees in the middle.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »
That and the surf board on the car tells me that the shot with the milk sign was taken in Quepos.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »
Progress !! Thank You  |#' and Slowhatch ..I am sorry , this was back on page 2 ..I should have looked back   (^.# *clappyhands*

Finding the suspension bridge may not be easy; it turns out there are lots of companies competing in the "canopy tour" business. A google image search for "canopy bridge costa rica" brings up about 150 hits; this is the closest I've come so far to the stuff pictured in #65-69, but I'm not yet ready to call it a match. Somewhere in here (see "Canopy Tours") might be the answer.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »
What are we hunting  for ??

this is an oxcart used to carry coffeebeans

so the yield is near the Doka Estate ..of course

Would love to find out where this is ??..I see reflections of white vans ...and those pretty hedges ..

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2005, 07:26:32 PM »
Quote from: Slower-than-Slowhatch
Maybe so; it makes more sense that they would be grown closer to the coast than up in the central valley close to the coffee growers.
Shows you how much I know. I found this picture at Webshots with the inscription "Bananna trees are planted amongst the coffee bushes to give them shade."
I should use Webshots more often. I went looking for Doka: I found the oxcart, of course; but I also found the "tourist" drying rack (notice the ramp and yellow railing in the background); and I found a scarlet macaw in a cage (I'm not saying that's the one in the vidcap, but I do think it will make an appearance this episode).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2005, 07:45:10 PM »
Awesome Slowhatch !!

Found a nice picture of the DokaEstates, the fence matches nicely with your find  :t-up:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2005, 09:00:49 PM »
Slowhatch, Can you get a location for the Doka place on a detailed map?  The one from their site is too vague to tie into Google Earth.  It looks like the place may be just a few kilometers outside the high rez shot that they have for San Jose.  But, if it is inside the high rez image we will be able to orient the place and do some sun angle work.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:20 PM »
Notice the topiary?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2005, 09:47:16 PM »
A couple questions and comments. I counted six vans in the pic but not sure. I spot the Linzs, Paolo mom then Gaghan dad and Carissa and "I think" that the Gaghans are standing in front of a white van. I can't tell who is in the distance. If those are right then they are not running to the roadblock. In the roadblock the Linzs arrive after the Gaghans and Bransens. Does it seem peculiar that they took time to back in the vehicles?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:50:44 PM by supsandalee »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2005, 09:53:05 PM »
Just trying to lay out some kind of scenario for San Jose:

We estimate that teams will be leaving the pitstop between 9PM and Midnight the following day (36hour mandatory rest stop??) If the first clue told them to proceed to airport and catch first flight to San Jose (6AM) wouldn't they just hop a cab and get thee to the airport on time? But we have shots of most of the teams wandering around the streets of Panama City at night, so perhaps they have to complete some task or locate a famous statue or whatnot first and then the get clue to go to the airport.

Street scenes in San Jose. Is this just after arrival and they are looking for a route marker or does this come later? Running without backpacks or camping gear so have they already gotten their vans?  And do they have drivers or do they drive them themselves?

Shots of Vans all in a row. Strange. But this is very early in morning from looks of things.  In promo last night a similar scene in closeup shows the Linz getting out of the red van and the othe teams behind them with the Godlewskies way in the back (note the baseball cap with red bill). This shot of Linz getting out of the van is early in the day; a similar shot is later and the van is now parked on a dirt field and sis now has only a white tee shirt on. In the previous shots she is wearing a red windbreaker or sweatshirt.  Scenes of the Linz running 7 and 8 follow the vans in shot 27 and 28. They are dressed the same and it looks misty in the morning.

Looks like from the fact teams start off with long sleeve shirts and long pants that the ROADBLOCK at the coffee plantation comes before the DETOUR which seems to be carry bunches of bananas or carry an idol.

It looks like the YIELD comes before the Roadblock at the coffee plantation.  Strange. Yields have come before Detours in the past.

Most likely this is an ELIMINATION LEG. Five teams left for return to the States.  I think that 36 hour pitstops are the norm in this race and help use up the days we could not account for getting the remaining four teams to Montreal by July 30.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2005, 09:53:44 PM »
You're right, Chateau. When you reconcile the map found by supsandalee with this road map, then the Doka estate would be somewhere between "San Luis" and "San Isidro" on the road map, which would place it 2-3 miles inside the GoogleEarth Fuzzylands.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2005, 10:01:39 PM »
Dang!

the map you found:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08:36 PM »
 I think we have the Van rental ..,my BF confirms they are driving Toyota 's.

http://www.costaricashuttleservice.com/ourfleet.htm

and yeah ..why are the Vans backed in neatly ?? wasnt there a story that the teams ran towards Washington Crossing /Pa. and they were told to go back and redo the run for a better shot  {l{  ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2005, 10:12:41 PM »
More surf boards.