Author Topic: TAR8 Finale: 25 Days,50 Cities,and more than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family..  (Read 39346 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Agreed RJ, I want the game NOW  =]/

Chateau , working on this

1) Linz at the top of the mast with camera looking down at the dock.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
from my sucky cable

2) ditto for Rolly.

3) Overhead shot looking down on the map board at Linz start.
4) ditto for Linz end.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 04:25:42 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
again from my sucky cable

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's no team that I recognize (the foursomes sitting in back, I mean). Since anyone riding would have to sign a silence agreement (and since the boats were probably chartered anyway), that would rule out any tourists. My guesses: production types (&friends&family); or boat company people (&friends&family).

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Thanks Puddin, I will crank on those a little.  I hope to get some time differences.  Maybe time of day.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline NiagaraFalls

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Good finds guys - remember "overweight mother, father, and two daughters" that I saw?  They must have gotten off the boat and ran to the Falls instead of to the Finish line.  That would mean that I saw the Weaver Family's Rear Riders...the ones that came an HOUR after the first TWO families.  The first two teams came to the falls an hour earlier (probably about how much ahead the Bransen/linz teams were)....this makes so much sense now that I am happy I wasnt delusional.  These three "faux teams" all ran a fake last leg.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just confirming that the flag was on Polson pier. Compare the triangles (I think that's an H for helipad, but the resolution isn't good enough). So the spoiler was half-right; I don't know about Union Station, though. And I'm still trying to reconcile some odd bits of info about the Kajama.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
sequesterville ? from Brock's facebook,

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Talladega Superspeedway part of 'Amazing Race'
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2005, 05:32:54 PM »
Talladega Superspeedway part of 'Amazing Race'

Brand integration is nothing new for CBS' Emmy Award-winning Amazing Race. For instance, this past season on the Amazing Race: Family Edition, 10 families of four sprinted across the country in GMC Yukons and logged on to America Online to receive clues from host Phil Keoghan. In previous seasons, teams have toted Travelocity gnomes as part of the competition. So it comes as no surprise that a visit to Talladega Superspeedway and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame afforded the track and its sponsors some valuable prime-time exposure.
Talladega Superspeedway earned the largest share of airtime from the October 18, 2005, broadcast, combining 39 seconds of exposure with 10 mentions to net $625,500 in comparable value. The International Motorsports Hall of Fame also fared well, earning $328,500 through three seconds of on-air time and seven verbal references as the teams searched the museum for a clue.

Some of the track sponsors profiting from the Amazing Race's visit to Talladega were Aaron's ($67,500), Carraway ($54,000), UAW-Ford ($49,500), Nextel ($36,000) and Pepsi ($27,000). Retaining walls were responsible for most of the exposure, visible as the teams pedaled multi-seater "party bikes" for a lap around the track.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5191582?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=167

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Other posters have mentioned that sequesterville might be Panama, and the hill in the background (with the two towers) seems a match for Cerro Ancon.
combining 39 seconds of exposure with 10 mentions to net $625,500 in comparable value
??Huh?? I had to wade through pages like this to get an idea of what the terms meant. I don't even remember Aaron's or Carraway and they probably paid good money for the placements. I tell you, I'm in the wrong business {l{! I could charge people ridiculous amounts for ads and tell them they'll make it all back in "comparable value"! ((^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :yaya: Slowhatch , I guess it was Panama afterall , darn  ..pretty close to Belize though  :giggle:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Good call Slowhatch on The Cerro Ancon in the background.  I think the picture was taken from Las Bovedas in the Casco Viejo district. 

Here are some Google Earth images.  The last one is a tilted view that looks like the Brock picture.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
not sure where to post this

My side of the story from Rebecca Weaver as posted @tarflies