Author Topic: The Rules??  (Read 3326 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Rules??
« on: October 12, 2005, 10:30:20 AM »
I didn't know where to post these comments and questions so started a new thread. Feel free to move if needed. Here's an obeservation about penalties and a question about roadblocks.

1. In Episode 3 I noticed that the Aeillo's and at least one other team (Weavers or Gaghans) didn't follow directions in Charleston. The clue specifically stated to walk to the visitor's center and they drove. I don't recall anyone getting a penalty as in past episodes.

2. Has anyone heard Phil state that no one can do more than X amount of roadblocks in the race?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: The Rules??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:57 AM »
I think it was just the clue from completing the shrimp task said to walk.

The Muddy Waters task was about 30 miles away so the clue given from there would not have the "by foot" clause.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
Phil explained the Roadbloack rules as changed because sometimes it would take 2 people to do it and sometimes it would take 4 , if someone heard different or more please correct me .

Good thread supsandalee , thanks for starting it . 

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 11:29:16 AM »
I think it was just the clue from completing the shrimp task said to walk.

Well duh to me.  :unde: Maybe I was just trigger happy when I "thought" I saw someone messing up the instructions. It will happen sooner or later -- not that I want anyone to mess up  :)*

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 12:33:19 PM »
Phil explained the Roadbloack rules as changed because sometimes it would take 2 people to do it and sometimes it would take 4 , if someone heard different or more please correct me .

Why would it be a roadblock if all 4 team members are participating?  *(^ I thought that was whole idea behind roadblocks -- otherwise it's just a task, right? I'm confused.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:28:25 PM »

Why would it be a roadblock if all 4 team members are participating?  *(^ I thought that was whole idea behind roadblocks -- otherwise it's just a task, right? I'm confused.

Phil said sometimes a Roadblock would be 1 or 2 people from a team, but not 4.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:00:11 PM »
Yep I should have rewound the tape  :cheeky: or read this , thanks rmax .
from CBS/TAR website
Roadblock
A task in which only one member of the four-person Team may participate; in most cases, the non-participant must wait for the participant to accomplish the goal.
Fast Forward
Two pre-determined legs have one FAST FORWARD, which allows the Team that completes the FAST FORWARD task first to proceed directly to the next PIT STOP without having to do any further tasks, including DETOURs or ROADBLOCKs, on the way. The trick is that only the first Team to find and complete the FAST FORWARD on the leg may use it; any subsequent Team that finds it will have wasted their time and must go back and complete all tasks. In addition, a Team may claim only one FAST FORWARD during the entire race.
Yield

Each leg of the race has a YIELD point. Teams must stop at the YIELD location to do two things before continuing along the course: 1) They must check to see if they have been YIELDed by another team; 2) If no Team has been YIELDed, they must decide whether to use the YIELD or not. If a Team is YIELDed, they must turn over the hourglass and wait until all the sand runs out before they may continue with the race. A Team may use the YIELD to stop another Team only once throughout the entire course of the race. However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams.

Pitstop

The final destination for each leg of a race, at which point a Team must "clock in." The last Team to arrive at most PIT STOPs is eliminated from the race. A Team will leave the PIT STOP 12 hours after they clock in; for instance, a Team that clocks in at 9 am will leave at 9 pm.

Detour

A choice between two different ways to accomplish a goal or reach a destination. On the surface, one may seem easy but involves some sort of twist; the other may seem difficult but in the end may be the quicker choice.