Author Topic: Probst may be quitting Survivor  (Read 43027 times)

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
Re: Probst may be quitting Survivor
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 01:05:33 PM »
Just wait until the merge. The show doesn't pick up steam until then.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 01:47:36 PM »
the survivor message boards arent as fun as the bb6 message boards,nobody hardly posts on these
I'm just not loving this cast butcrack ..  :unde: .. there is none that I'm lovin' except of course BobbyJon .. the challenges seem to be the only reason that I'm watching, love -em  ..and then theres Jeff , he draws me in  ;;)

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 02:07:26 PM »
Jiffy will be obn Live with Regis & Kelly tomorrow....Friday...AM and I'm sure he'll talk about this subject.  Tune in  =]/
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline MELLON

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 10:59:35 AM »
If douche bag Boston Rob gets it, I quit!

Rob
  I AGREE  DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SEES IN HIM. HE MAKES ME SICK!!!! :tada: (:;) ]*] _-^ =]/ :] (%# {l{

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 11:27:08 AM »
Jeff said on Regis today that his CONTRACT is due to be renewed after 12 & that's it.  He seemed to indicate that he wouldn't be leaving.

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 01:47:48 PM »
I hope he doesnt leave.  It just wouldnt be the same.  It would be like when they get a standin for the soap operas.  I can just hear it now.  The role of Jeff Probst will be played by. Insert name here.
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2005, 04:42:02 PM »
Hopefully his replacement will settle down a bit during challenges. Jeff during challenges is the equivalent to Ty on the Extreme Home Makeover.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
OMG... get this one ..the Horror's of it all !! Jenna or StephaME *GAG*  :hang:

My Television Is Trying To Kill Me

…… Duh! Now, here’s the news that’s currently floating around the net – Jeff Probst is apparently calling it a day at the end of this season, and may well be replaced by a former female cast member. Hot tips to take on host duties at this point are “Survivor: The Amazon” winner, Jenna Morasca, and current castaway (and “Palau” member) Stephenie LaGrossa. Don’t count out the fellas as yet though, one of the most popular non-winners yet, "Boston" Rob Mariano, has also been floated as a contender.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/the_weeksly_late_edition_14100.html

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2005, 11:48:19 AM »
Those two I'm sure will be on the short list.  However I still think you have to consider Colby or Ethan the favorites.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »
If Jeff does leave, maybe cBS should put on someone new every season. I would mind looking at Steph or Jenna for another season. I'll be sure to have some peanut butter and chocolate.  :nods:

Offline tenboard

• Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 06:45:03 AM »
I loved Steph last season....can't stand her perpetual whining this yr...

jenna or steph as jeff?  not something I would want to see!

andrew...loved andrew....wouldn't mind feasting my eyes on him weekly again....
no matter how much you dislike your mother-in-law,  you must never set her on fire..................ernest wilde

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2005, 08:39:48 PM »
Slightly off-topic ...  But have you ever wondered what CBS's contingency plan is in the event that Jeff pulls up with appendicitis or a particularly bad case of galloping gutwrenchitis or avian flu during the 39-day running of Survivor?  Who was in the wings, ready to do that arm-scissor challenge start signal, or belittle people in challenges, or offer up meaningless food for thought as a tribe leaves tribal council?

I'm thinking they have to have a plan.  It's not like they can suspend taping.  The show must go on.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 02:23:14 AM »
Those two I'm sure will be on the short list. However I still think you have to consider Colby or Ethan the favorites.
Yeah!  Either of them would be great hosts.  But I wonder what are the chances they would want to? 

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 06:58:13 AM »
I have to think both of them would jump at the opportunity.  Colby was recently on Las Vegas so I would assume he would consider Survivor the break of his career.  Ethan, I believe still hosts the Survivor aftershow on CBS.com.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 11:21:16 AM »
Slightly off-topic ...  But have you ever wondered what CBS's contingency plan is in the event that Jeff pulls up with appendicitis or a particularly bad case of galloping gutwrenchitis or avian flu during the 39-day running of Survivor?  Who was in the wings, ready to do that arm-scissor challenge start signal, or belittle people in challenges, or offer up meaningless food for thought as a tribe leaves tribal council?

I'm thinking they have to have a plan.  It's not like they can suspend taping.  The show must go on.

Good point. What happens if Jeffy gets the runs and cannot get away from the bathroom for a few days? LOL

Rob

Offline tenboard

• Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 07:45:46 PM »
that's quite a visual,  rob!    ((^
no matter how much you dislike your mother-in-law,  you must never set her on fire..................ernest wilde

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 09:09:27 PM »
"What happens if Jeffy gets the runs ..."

"Jeffy ready ... GO!"

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2005, 04:08:43 AM »
 ((^   ^/^   OMG, heaven forbid!!!

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
Maybe Jeff wants to play survivor?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2005, 11:10:49 PM »
 ]:,

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2005, 07:27:04 PM »
can't imagine jeff doing survivor.  *(^ itd just be weird. i vote for IAN!! also wouldnt mind having Ethan or Rupert.
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »
Okay my turn to comment on this topic.  I would be sad if Jeff Probst does not continue hosting Survivor after season 12.  He is one of the reasons I enjoy watching the show.  I like it when he gets excited during the challenges and gives a minute by minute play of what is happening.   I just find his comments entertaining and Tribal Council wouldn't be the same if someone else gets to say "....the Tribe Has Spoken".  That is Jeff, when I hear those words, I think of Jeff.  Just like "is that your final answer" is Regis Philbin.  B:) B:)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2005, 09:46:45 PM »
From what we know so far, Jeffy MAY quit.  It's not for sure yet.  I think most of us would love it if he stays until the last season, & I sincerely hope & pray he does!  |#'   Gosh, he's been THE Host of Hosts, so if he leaves, it'll be too sad.  :':')  :':')  It's gonna be very difficult finding someone just as good or better.  I can't think of anyone...Colby or Ethan or Rupert or Jonny Fairplay  B:) B:) B:) who could serve as the Host as well as our Jeffy!  (%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2005, 11:56:16 AM »
source SurvivorFever

'Survivor' Producer Mark Burnett Expects Jeff Probst to Leave Show After Season 12 (10.27.05)
Inside TV (a TV Guide publication) is quoting Survivor producer Mark Burnett as saying he expects next spring's twelfth Survivor edition to be Jeff Probst's last season hosting the popular reality TV show.

Inside TV report reported earlier this month that Probst planned to leave the Survivor, now in it's eleventh season,  after his current contract ends.  According to TV Guide, Mark Burnett was quoted as saying, "I believe in my gut that he will move on [after the next edition]."   He also half-nodded when asked whether Jeff's shoes would likely be filled by a former female Survivor contestant.

From TV Guide

Question: I heard that Jeff Probst may be leaving Survivor. Is there any truth to that?  — Beth

Ausiello: I cornered Mark Burnett earlier this month at TV Guide's full-size mag bash here in New York City and he basically told me that the rumors are true, adding, "I believe in my gut that he will move on [after the next edition]." He also half-nodded when I asked him whether Jeff's shoes would likely be filled by a former female Survivor contestant, so that rumor's apparently true as well. I, for one, hope they go with Deb Eaton. She was a real kick in the pants.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2005, 04:43:34 PM »
Or maybe Maralyn.....she was a hoot!!