Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 45304 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2005, 02:06:07 PM »
Gather 'round boys and girls, all creatures big and small, lend me your ears for I have a tale to tell:

WHAT DO WE KNOW or more likely WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW about Ep4:

We start on the afternoon of July 12 at the Huntsville Marriott Hotel where the teams have been spending a mandatory 12-hoiur rest stop, eating, sleeping and mingling with the other teams. Starting at about 1:30PM the first four teams prepare to leave on the next leg of the race. We have the Bransen, Linz, Schroeder and Godlewski families all bunched up and leaving withing a few minutes of eachother.

On the road again proceeding to Anniston, AL in search of the world's largest office chair! This trip should take between 1.5 and 2 hours if they follow the map correctly following route 431 which leads direct from Huntsville to Anniston. On the way they most likely are going to run into a late afternoon thunderstorm.

Arriving in Anniston the teams will locate the large chair, climb up to the seat, and find their next clue. We see again the Bransens and Linz at the chair at about the same time.

Meanwhile as the clock nears 4:00Pm the other three families: Weaver, Paolo and Gaghan start out for Anniston (Mama Paolo is seen having trouble locating the place on the map - I hope she is looking at the map of Alabama and not Mississsippi).

The clue at the chair tells the teams to proceed to the International Motor Sports Hall of Fame and Museum in Talladega, AL - a drive of about 30 minutes (or less) down Interstate 20.

At the Museum is the clue box which directs the teams now to the Talladega Motor Speedway (actually just next door and within walking distance). Here they get their next clue to find a funny looking contraption which seats from four to six people who all have to pedal like mad to make the thing go racing around the 2.4mile speedway. One person also has to steer the contraption. The teams enter at the North gate and run through a tunnel to reach the starting spot on the track.

Again we have the Bransens, Linzes, and Godlewski Sisters (they caught up with the B & L group). All three of these teams make it around the track in bright sunlight. The shadows now indicate that it is getting on to be late in the afternoon. The Schoeders may be with them but we have no pix.It is most likely around 5:30 or 6:00PM

Later, before or after another huge thunderstorm sweeps the area we have the Weavers, Paolos and Gaghans arriving at the Museum and Speedway.  It appears that these three teams are still running about two hours behind the leaders. The sun has disappeared and storm clouds hover overhead. Sunset is around 7:35 so we are fast approaching that hour.

After completing the bike race gig, the teams are handed instructions to head toward a stop over at a campsite down Interstate 20/59 between Talladega and Madisonville, LA. A probable stopping spot would be around the town of Meridian, Mississippi which is about half way there.  This takes perhaps 3 hours of driving.  We see that it looks like the Bransens leave first closely followed by the Linz family.  We have scenes of both teams on an Interstate (probably I20/59) in daylight and weakening sunlight perhaps at sunset. But as the Linz siblings come up to pass the Bransens, one of the Bransen girls (the one with green tank top) sticks her butt out the window and moons the boys! (Oh, CBS where are you hiding the original unmangled videotape??) Everyone in the Linz car is hilarious over this turn of events, and their sister gets the biggest laugh of all!

Later the two teams have reached the stopping spot, and probably find a trailer or campsite for the night and receive a card which will have a departure time on it for the following morning. Departure times are probably staggared in two or threes so that the last place team to arrive for the night will only be about one hour behind the first teams.  Nice of TPTB to bunch teams up before the time difference gets any bigger.

We do not see the other teams arrive after Talledega but we do see the Weavers, Paolos and Gaghans on the track. The Weavers are most likely first, the Paolos second, and the Gaghans bringing up the rear. When the Paolos arrive there are two bikes left (the Weavers have left on bike three). During the race we hear the Gaghan mom say "We're closing in on them" showing that they are running behind the Paolos.

Problamatically we have the teams at the night spot in this order and this will be the order they leave in the morning:
Linz
Bransen
Godlewski
Schroeder
Weaver
Paolo
Gaghan.

Starting off early shortly after sunrise, the teams take off on a three hour drive down Interstate 59 to the town of Madisonville, LA and the Fairview Riverside State Park. When they have located the park it is now around 10:00AM and the teams are finally confronted with a difficult DETOUR choice: (1) LUNBERJACK/SAW in which the teams must put on  appropriate llumberjack clothing in a nearby changing tent, and then teams of two person each must using two-handled woodsmen's saws cut a predetermined number of logs into pieces. Or (2)BLACKJACK/DRAW  in which teams must don appropriate clothing and lifevests and then paddle their own canoe (more paddling) across the river to the old riverboat, "Cotton Blossom" and play a predetermined number of hands of 21 or blackjack and win a certain number before they will receive the next clue.

The teams divide the tasks as follows:

BLACKJACK/DRAW -  Bransen, Weaver, Gaghan families

LUMBRJACK/SAW - Linz, Godlewski, Paolo (and most likely the Schroeder) families.

In Blackjack it appears tha the Bransens are way in front of the other two and in fact are seen returning from the changing tent as the Weaver family arrives at least an hour behind.  The Weavers are seen finishing up the blackjack game just as the Gaghan family arrives in the riverboat and we hear Mama Gaghan say that two groups have already finished and they have wasted a lot of time (did they perhaps start the lumberjack and change their minds again?)

In Lumberjack it appears that the Linzes have no trouble. The Godlewski sisters struggle. The Paolos probably complain and struggles also. And who knows about the Schroeders (this week's mystery team)

Completing this task a little before noon we have the girls in their car heading across Lake Pontchatrain on the causeway directly into the Big Easy. The Linz may be ahead of them as we hear the girls talking about doing things faster.

Now we get to the really unknown part of our plot. Wha' hoppens in New Orleans?? We think that the teams must go to a well known landmark, perhaps Jackson Park to get their next clue which should be a ROADBLOCK. What the task is is not known. But New Orleans is known for two things (besides Mardi Gras and we are pretty early for that) which are great food and great jazz. So the DETOUR may be to go to one of the famous New Orleans restaurants: Antoine's, Arnaud's, Brennan's, Broussard's, Commander's Palace, or The Court of Two Sisters and partake in another Gross Food Challenge! (a la St. Petersburg, Budapest, or Mendoza) OR find Preservation Jazz Hall and locate a particular jazz musician and get the final clue from him (sounds too easy).

After completing the ROADBLOCK the teams will proceed to the final pit stop, perhaps on the Rivrship Nanchez (which we have had a intro flash picture of). Hard to judge the pecking order here, but one guess could be:

LINZ
BRANSEN
GODLEWSKI
SCHROEDER
PAOLO
WEAVER

and since this again is an ELIMINATION LEG, we find the Gaghans bringing up the rear. Sorry kids.

BUT we do have an unknown factor: What happened to the Schroeders? Now wouldn't that be a kick to have them eliminated in their own home town! And then they would have to spend the next three weeks not at home but in Sequesterville. But with the known map reading ability of the Paolos, I doubt that they come in last. And the final footrace to the pitstop could be between the Weavers and Gaghans.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2005, 02:13:36 PM »
gman, you are awesome!

thanks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2005, 02:58:13 PM »
wow Gman  {| !! thank you so much !! :thankyou: .This deserves its own thread  =]/

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2005, 03:05:04 PM »
Completing this task a little before noon we have the girls in their car heading across Lake Pontchatrain on the causeway directly into the Big Easy. The Linz may be ahead of them as we hear the girls talking about doing things faster.

Great pre-cap GMan.   :t-up:

Since I am terrible speller I have to share with you something I learned recently.  Prior to TAR8 I had no idea ho to spell Pontchartrain.  I've been there too.  And Katrina too.  No luck.  But Now this is what I do: 

Pont = bridge in some languages
CHAR = racer married to a bear, and from the locale
train = I don't know, it's just a regular word

Put it all together and what do you get:  Pontchartrain, the Lake

But don't ask me to pronounce it!   :cheeky:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »
But don't ask me to pronounce it!   :cheeky:

It's pronounced almost just like it is spelled:  ponch(as in poncho) - a - train

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2005, 03:41:25 PM »
btw supsandalee , i'm now leaning towards the Gaghans getting the boot   :yaya:

CBS inside scoop ~  B:)

AMAZING RACE CASTOFF FAMILY: On this week's Amazing Race: Family Edition, a close race to the pit stop fuels an intense rivalry between two families. We'll talk with the latest family eliminated from The Amazing Race to find out where they went wrong and get their predictions for the rest of the season.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2005, 04:02:24 PM »
btw supsandalee , i'm now leaning towards the Gaghans getting the boot   :yaya:

CBS inside scoop ~  B:)

AMAZING RACE CASTOFF FAMILY: On this week's Amazing Race: Family Edition, a close race to the pit stop fuels an intense rivalry between two families. We'll talk with the latest family eliminated from The Amazing Race to find out where they went wrong and get their predictions for the rest of the season.

Yeah puddin  {**} Ya think the Schroeders and the Weavers are the rivalry's?
Do you remember where it said that two families made peace because of the children? I've read so much I have no idea where I saw it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2005, 04:29:21 PM »
Maybe they made peace because they were all trapped together in Sequesterville  ^/^ ?
INTENSE rivalry is whats getting me ..it would have to be the Weavers and ..?? it still screams Schroeders to me . Unless of course its all BS?  :)*

8:39 SEGMENT NINE- AMAZING RACE CASTOFF FAMILY: On this week's Amazing Race:
Family Edition, a close race to the pit stop fuels an intense rivalry between
two families.  We'll talk with the latest family eliminated from The Amazing
Race to find out where they went wrong and get their predictions for the rest
of the season.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »
hmmmm...could be the gaghan's going home which would not make me unhappy.

fence sitting for the moment while i'm on hold for a conference call to start any minute...
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2005, 04:35:42 PM »
also intense rivalry can also just be the Linzes & Bransens racing for first place ..?
cinni , keeping my fingers crossed for an early promo ..last week it came up around 8:30 and the week before around 7:00  *%# .

mike-s angels  </] </] </] = mike-e  :cheer:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »
In the past we have assumed that a "close race to the pit stop" always referred to the two teams battling to escape elimination. But I now think that the race to the pit stop and rivalry between two families refers to the rivalry beginning between the Linz family and Bransen family. Nicely edited to include the car race to the overnight and the mooning of the Linz by the Bransen girl. And they still seem to be in the lead going to New Orleans so they may race to the finish line. If that is the case and it is a close race, the Linz have an advantage because Papa Bransen is not in the greatest shape to keep up with all the youngens.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2005, 05:13:30 PM »
I changed my game picks to the Linzes coming in first  =]/ ..Gman , maybe someday you'll play the games with us  :cheer: ?? Then we could be Rivals   :yaya:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2005, 07:35:09 PM »
Still wondering if this is the Bransens coming or going while the Linzs are just getting started. Anybody have any ideas after looking at the water? If they are finished with the blackjack task then they are well ahead.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2005, 07:40:26 PM »
That looks like a family COMING IN.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2005, 07:42:18 PM »
I think it is them coming back from the CB.  The arc in the water is their wake.

Go Puddin!  I sure hope you get the preview!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »
I think it is them coming back from the CB.  The arc in the water is their wake.

Go Puddin!  I sure hope you get the preview!

I thought so. So the Bransens make it back just when the Linzs get started.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2005, 07:57:30 PM »
Eh ,I give up on the video   :yaya: . almost show time  |#'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2005, 12:43:46 PM »

Not even a hint Chateau  :unde: , maybe N.O. is just the pitstop with Phil on the Natchez and the Jazzdude is standing on the deck beside Phil ,as the greeter ?

Also in EP 1 there was no Roadblock..just a detour ..

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/show/ep01/route.shtml

Pats herself on the back, not the Natchez but right about the Roadblock    :yaya:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2005, 02:27:30 PM »
Pats herself on the back, not the Natchez but right about the Roadblock

Puddin!

:999:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2005, 07:31:45 PM »
It looks like your time calculations were right on Chateau !!  |#'

http://homepage.mac.com/yakc/tv/tar8.html

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2005, 12:14:18 PM »
My computer crashed yesterday so have not had opportunity to comment on EP4.

Basically we had it down pretty much the way it played out.  But strange routing of the teams all the way to Hattesburg, MS so the teams must have arrived late. We do hear Mama Paolo saying that they had to get to bed since they would be leaving again (7:40AM) in less than five hours.

They instead of going directly on to Madisonville, LA, they head back north on Route 49 almost to Jackson, and then south again on I-55.

Teams should learn that the harder task is always the quicker task. Both the Linz and Weavers started out on Play and then changed again to Work, and still the Linz siblings came in third.  How about them Paolos? Last at the overnight but second at the pit stop.

I wonder what happened to the Godlewski girls since they started out from Huntsville with a good two hour lead over the Weavers, but the Weavers caught up to them at the Talledega Speedway (thte Weavers are starting as the girls finish.)

And we did say it would be ironic if the Schroeders came in last in the very own home town.

And once more looking for the elusive 11th team":

The cars lined up in Huntsville at the NASA facility showed seven cars still lined up when the Bransens left in the first gray car. That's a total of EIGHT CARS.  The Gaghans catch up to the Paolos (what happened to the 20 minute lead?) and when they get to the parking lot there are only two cars left - one gray and one black. Therefore, six cars have already left - but we only have five teams accounted for.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2005, 01:14:35 PM »
Gman I just emailed you  :kuss: , I just knew there was a reason my favorite cookie was not around  ;;)
I was watching the insider clips ( they are awful to watch as they cut out to Survivor scenes , for me anyway ) Alot of the teams had the Colonel chicken place mixed up with KFC . Also Mom Schroeder mentioned that the moblie homes had no bathroom facilities and they could not potty or brush their teeth , also no air conditioning which just added to their miserable day .. they were pulled over by a cop in N.O. but he waved them on ..
I don't know whats going on with the Weavers but again in the eliminated teams interview they were accused of breaking rules & cheating . Mom Schroeder said that Rolly was a bully and was trying to get info from whatshisname her stepson , thats why she tried to pull him away , she said that he bullied other teams too .
Not that it matters but DJ admitted that deep down inside he does love his mom , she just drives him crazy but , if she were ever hurt he would be there for her . They also joke about how they never come in first and about the cool prizes that the other teams have won..they really want a prize to make Mama happy , thats what makes me think that DJ does his Mama proud and takes the plunge to win the Fast Forward .I hope the win something Great !!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »
The cars lined up in Huntsville at the NASA facility showed seven cars still lined up when the Bransens left in the first gray car. That's a total of EIGHT CARS.
Is it possible the producers add extra cars, clues, so that the last group doesn't know they're last?  There were 2 or 3 bikes at the speedway when the last team (Schroeders?  how soon we forget) got there.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »
GMan, Since the route to Hattesburg made no since I still think the mobile home park was a last minute change and that is the only thing they could find for the teams to bunk at. Southern Alabama and Ms. had just evacuated for Hurricane Dennis and if the hotels and camp grounds were all full that was the best they could do.

The race got behind heading into Huntsville so they must have used New Orleans to catch up. It was way too abbreviated. You don't go all the way there just to run to a pitstop. I'm sure there was more planned for the big easy and I would have loved to see it.  :':')