Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 45291 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2005, 03:40:12 PM »
What Gman said Krazi  :t-up: !
I checked campgrounds on that route and actually came up with some historical ones

Theres listings here for Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana ..whatever
http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/Louisiana-campgrounds.htm

( kids gotta use the PC ..brb  :<( )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2005, 07:30:54 PM »
Here is another campsite near Meridian, MS - and I just love the name - TWITLEY BRANCH CAMPGROUND!

Second thought on Sequesterville. Perhaps they did go on to Belize with the Blacks and Rogers so that at least all of the teams had some kind of "foreign" experience on TAR8. Would be a nice if the producers so did.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2005, 07:50:27 PM »
LOL @ Twitley , but not so funny searching the campgrounds only that most are closed due to Storm damage..reality sets in  :unde:.
Gman ..did you hear or read about maybe TAR changing the format for the Family Edition so that the Families won't be stripped of their possesions ..like maybe going back to a time penalty of some sort  . It wa mentioned on another board but I can't find anything in hard copy .
I'm still holding out for the CBS/Newspath release tomorrow for the official word on the eliminated team on the ES on Wendsday ..or not  .
I know its not a "rule' but most NEL's also involve a Fast Forward and we see no sign of that as all teams are accounted for . But then again I'm getting no eliminated team hinkies ..sadly I feel the Paolo's are in trouble ( I like mama and thinks shes what holds them together  ) ..riding off into a storm is not a good sign  :Lat: {}{ .

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2005, 09:22:28 PM »
Is that Mama falling off the bike?

If the Talledega Speedway gig were to lead to the pitstop, I would say that it really looks bad for the Paolos. BUT we still have the ride to Madisonville, the Detour Lumberjack or Blackjack; the ride to New Orleans; a Roadblock in the Big Easy (Gross Food Challenge?) and the race to the pitstop.

It looks like the Bransens and Linzes get to the Fairgrounds first, but do we have an idea of what order they all will complete the tasks? And Where Are The Schroeders? Did they get to go ahead and sleep in their own little ole beds?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
That pic of the Gaghans looks like a pit stop check in.  No?

Where is that?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2005, 10:05:18 PM »
I think thats from the airport last EP Chateau
Found it ...
Oh and Gman  ,I was leaning towards the Schroeders but peeps keep saying that they live in N.O. so how could they get lost ?? but if it comes down to who gets lost and who can read a map or who finishes the Lumberjack/ Blacjack first or last then yes ..it may very well be the Schroeders ..and I'm alright with them leaving  {l{ . I want the Paolo's to stick around a little bit longer ..this seasons comic-relief !

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2005, 10:14:36 PM »
I want the Paolo's to stick around a little bit longer ..this seasons comic-relief !

Isn't it funny. The Paolos are the Meredith and Gretchen of last season. Everyone had them coming in last almost every episode but look how long they made it!

I think TPTB saw how annoying the Paolos came across the first episode so have lightened them up a little.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »
Thanks Puddin!

I'm just wishing they would give us what happens on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain. 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:06 PM »
Oh Meredith & Gretchen..how I LOVE them  {| .Gretchen with the concusion that she hid from her fall iin the cave & Meredith hiding his broken foot , from the elephants ..they are my Hero's !

What was funnier than Gretchen ontop of the elephant on wheels ??  ((^
She said that she wanted to get down but the camara man nodded no ..she thinks they wanted her to stay up their because it made for good tv ..and it did .

Did you all see this ? it starts this Wensday !! Jon the Clown  |#'

Wonder what happens to the Teams after they are eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE? Now’s your chance to find out. Each Wednesday, join hosts Jon Weiss, of THE AMAZING RACE 4 and current host of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, and New York magazine’s Sarah Bernard, for an exclusive interview with Tuesday night’s eliminated Team. Call in with your questions and comments for the family and other special in-studio guests. THE FINISH LINE is webcast on the THE AMAZING RACE home page every Wednesday at 1PM ET/10AM PT.

THE FINISH LINE: THE AMAZING RACE INTERNET TALK SHOW webcast is not viewable on this page. The program can be viewed live for one hour on THE AMAZING RACE home page every Wednesday at 1PM ET/10AM PT.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/finish_line/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2005, 11:01:57 PM »
Thanks Puddin!

I'm just wishing they would give us what happens on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain.

Not even a hint Chateau  :unde: , maybe N.O. is just the pitstop with Phil on the Natchez and the Jazzdude is standing on the deck beside Phil ,as the greeter ?

Also in EP 1 there was no Roadblock..just a detour ..

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/show/ep01/route.shtml

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2005, 12:09:23 AM »
There's a Pit Stop right inside the airport? How is that so...?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2005, 12:27:59 AM »
No the Steamboat Mandy  :yaya:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2005, 08:49:26 AM »
Maybe this is the Episode of Irony.

Weavers have to deal with a raceway...
Schroeders get lost in their home town and are eliminated?

Remember Frank and Margarita thought they'd have it in the bag with the final leg in their hometown of New York.  You just never know what Lady Luck will have in store.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2005, 09:37:03 AM »
FLASH   FLASH   FLASH   FLASH

On the CBS TES they announced that the next family to be cast off tonight will be on TES tomorrow.  So it is now confirmed, tonight we will have the fourth family eliminated from TAR8.

Who?

Weavers
Gaghans
Paolos

or the missing

Schroeders who get eliminated in their own home town. How ironic.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2005, 09:48:12 AM »
Chateau has the four lovely girls crossing Lake Pontchartrain on the causeway before Noon. And it looks like they may be running behind a bunch of others. So that leaves a lot of time to kill in New Orleans.  The teaserflashpix do not always show exactly where a team goes in each city visited but include shots that are typical of that city just to establish its presense. SO, the ROADBLOCK could be there somewhere.

Preservation Jazz Hall to locate a particular musician whose picture they have?

A famous restaurant: Brennans, Court of Two Sisters, Antoine's, Commanders Palace, Arnaud's, Broussard's, etec. for some kind of Gross Food Challenge (four dozen Bananas Foster?)

Final Pit Stop could be in Jackson Square, Bourbon Street or on the Steamboat Nanchez.

Traditionally, the first episode is the only one not to have a Roadblock.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:53:39 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:39 AM »
FLASH   FLASH   FLASH   FLASH

On the CBS TES they announced that the next family to be cast off tonight will be on TES tomorrow.  So it is now confirmed, tonight we will have the fourth family eliminated from TAR8.

Who?

Weavers
Gaghans
Paolos

or the missing

Schroeders who get eliminated in their own home town. How ironic.

I may eat my words tomorrow but I still don't see how the Schroeders will get eliminated unless they just get so far behind they can't catch up. IF they have to drive into downtown New Orleans and IF they aren't spoon fed the directions everyone else might find it difficult to get there. The traffic and one-way narrow streets can be confusing even to those who have been there before.

If someone is going tonight I'd have to go with the Paolos or Gaghans.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »
A famous restaurant: Brennans, Court of Two Sisters, Antoine's, Commanders Palace, Arnaud's, Broussard's, etec. for some kind of Gross Food Challenge (four dozen Bananas Foster?)

Final Pit Stop could be in Jackson Square, Bourbon Street or on the Steamboat Nanchez.

How about a dozen raw oysters at Acme Oyster House? I'd gag. Hopefully they'll skip Bourbon street since it is the family edition.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2005, 10:15:07 AM »
Only a dozen? No sweat! Make it four dozen and we would have a problem such as an ounce of Caviar is no sweat while 24 is a problem!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2005, 10:20:33 AM »
Since the promo shows the Weavers & Godlewski sister Chris crying they will probably not be elimininated . Now the Paolo's are improving and I don't think its their time to go yet ..also we have spoilers that should keep the Linzes & Godlewskis safe ..and of course the Bransens , through time calculations should finish first or the top 2  .. that leaves the Schroeders or the Gaghans.. yes it would be ironic if the Schroeders are eliminated in their home state .. then we have the Gaghans ..sorta ugly editing on the moms behalf .." were going to teach them to race like adults " (something like that ) ..camara pans to two extremely tired Gaghan angels .. </] ,so I 'll go with you guys and say the race to the pitstop comes down to the Gaghans and the Schroeders and for now I'm going with the Schroeders because of a hinky and will hope that the AOL Gods are good to us this week and we get a glimpse of next weeks promo so we can figure out who's not there <cheater cheater >

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2005, 10:20:53 AM »
Okay, so let me get the episode straight (once again, we're covering the course of this leg):

US Space Camp (Leg 3 Pit Stop) to Anniston, Alabama (Office Chair)
Anniston, Alabama to Talladega, Alabama (Talladega Superspeedway)
Talladega, Alabama (camp out? teams stay for night) to Blackjack/Lumberjack Detour
Blackjack/Lumberjack Detour to New Orleans (Before the episode begins, I bet Phil's going to appear on screen and note that teams make it to the Big Easy and after how it was affected by Katrina)
Somewhere in New Orleans: Roadblock? (Preservation Jazz Hall?)
Pit Stop: Steamboat Natchez?

I hope I got this right...
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
Only a dozen? No sweat! Make it four dozen and we would have a problem such as an ounce of Caviar is no sweat while 24 is a problem!

Ouch, just one would be a problem for me. They gross me out plus I'd never eat anything uncooked out of the Gulf. I've seen what goes in the water!  ]:,

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »
Eating oysters in July is not such a good idea!!!

I love 'em myslef....with an ice cold beer!       :]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2005, 11:01:35 AM »
Barf  ]:, , I eat nothing that lives & eats where it poops .

Tv grapevine has a pretty good video from last weeks end of show promo with the Weavers .."Nooo Mommy we Cant " for Media player

http://www.realitytvnet.net/tarpreviewoct18.wmv

to add to what Gman has already posted , if you go to the ES site there is a clip " Coming up " and Renee announces that the next team eliminated will be on the ES tomorrow .
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:16:14 AM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2005, 11:19:57 AM »
Since the promo shows the Weavers & Godlewski sister Chris crying they will probably not be elimininated . Now the Paolo's are improving and I don't think its their time to go yet ..also we have spoilers that should keep the Linzes & Godlewskis safe ..and of course the Bransens , through time calculations should finish first or the top 2  .. that leaves the Schroeders or the Gaghans.. yes it would be ironic if the Schroeders are eliminated in their home state .. then we have the Gaghans ..sorta ugly editing on the moms behalf .." were going to teach them to race like adults " (something like that ) ..camara pans to two extremely tired Gaghan angels .. </] ,so I 'll go with you guys and say the race to the pitstop comes down to the Gaghans and the Schroeders and for now I'm going with the Schroeders because of a hinky and will hope that the AOL Gods are good to us this week and we get a glimpse of next weeks promo so we can figure out who's not there <cheater cheater >

I love hearing all the theories. While it use to be safe to say that a team shown in trouble will probably be safe, the Allieos blew that theory last week.

What happened to "a close race to the pitstop fuels an intense rivalry between two families"? After reading back over everything it does scream the Weavers and Schroeders and although I can't find it anywhere, I read somewhere that two families get over their differences for the sake of the children. So I think the Weavers and Schroeders are close at the pitstop but not the last team. That leaves the Paolos and Gaghans and I'm not leaning either way on those two.