Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 45289 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 11:13:08 PM »
No wonder it looks like the Natchez. There are 5 "Cotton Blossom" boats listed, and one registered to a Frank Crain of Madisonville, who bought it from the New Orleans Steamboat Comp., operators of the Natchez.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 12:19:09 AM »
Rob, over in the Ep3 thread:
Why do I think the producers have something to do with this?
BVM has already admitted in interviews that contestants and their histories play a role in race planning.
I just finished watching the CBS promo and Phil's "face their own worst fears" stuff. I'll hold off until I see it next week but right now it looks like really questionable taste.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 12:20:22 AM »
Detour: Lumber Jack or Black Jack

Isn't that the Cotton Blossum in the background?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:25:09 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 12:29:49 AM »
Can anyone enhance and read the highway sign in #36?

No!  Too small.  But I think you are spot on with the location.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 12:31:19 AM »
Upon further review of the river pictures it definately looks like the Tchefuncte River to me. It's a beautiful river with lots of moss-draped trees. And, right there in Madisionville on the Tchefuncte is Fairview-Riverside State Park. Take a look at the boardwalk in the pic. Looks like a match to the one in vid. caps 18-22. If you look closely at pics 29 and 30 you'll see some Louisiana Bald Cypress trees in the water behind the big tree. Oh, and they have tent camping. Could this be a pitstop?

Can anyone enhance and read the highway sign in #36?

I think you nailed it supsandalee !!  |#' Plus its the perfect place for the teams to camp out  ;) , this has to be the Roadblock , right? So Phil is probably around the bend somewhere .
and as far as the sign in #36 all I get is a blurr ..sorry .

Just an obvious observation..the Bransens look like they might come in first , unless of course the Linzes are ahead of them ?? I wish that I could get some better quality vidcaps  :unde:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 02:22:01 AM »
Lumberjack
Linz's( pretty sure anyway)
Godlewskis
Paolo's

Blackjack

Bransens Done ! Gold & Purple blouse .
Weaver kid high fives the Bransens , changing tents in the background?

Weavers .Gold/ Red /Pink blouse

Pretty sure this is the Weavers jumping for joy, red blouse
Gaghans , "they already went through 2 groups , we've wasted so much time here"
Team behind the Gaghans ,  think its the Weavers ..note the color of the blouses

See the Walderr still has his life vest on .
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 08:54:18 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 03:06:03 AM »
This is the Godlewskis crossing Lake Pontchartrain.

... Early in the day, heading into the Big Easy.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 03:31:09 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 03:13:25 AM »
cbs dot com riddles: 

1. "While racing side-by-side on a stretch of highway, one team moons another."

2. "A close race to the Pit Stop fuels an intense rivalry between two families."

3. "The pressure of the Race takes its toll on one family member  who has a breakdown."

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 08:54:49 AM »
Good Job on the Steamboat ! Now we need weather forecasts for Alabama for those dates ! It looks like the Paolos are heading towards thunder .

How about actual weather for Anniston, Alabama!  :nods:

Here it is:

July 12, 2005
http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/KANB/2005/7/12/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
Sun Rise: 5:41am
Sun Set: 7:55pm

July 13, 2005
http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/KANB/2005/7/13/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
Sun Rise: 5:42am
Sun Set: 7:55pm

Now to compare to all those screen caps from the Speedway.  With such changing weather, it may not be too difficult to figure out who got there when.   :t-up:

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 09:22:39 AM »
July 12, 2005 - Anniston, Alabama

Sunrise to 12:04 - Mostly Cloudy or Overcast
12:35 to 2:19 - Thunderstorms  (This is the horrible looking storm in the background of the Paolo's pic #26)
2:19 to 2:53 - Light Rain
3:53 to Sunset - Clear

Paolo's (Pic's #26, #63, #66) are starting their task as the storm is coming in 12:00 -1:00ish?

Linz's (Pic #57) - it has already rained and is clear - so we know it is between 4:00 and 8:00.  Narrowing down, probably between 5:00 and 6:00.

Schroeder's ? (Pic #57) - The shadows look longer than the Linz's and are quite long, so after 6:00, maybe closer to 7:00.

Since I am new at this, I am more than glad for anyone to add, delete or fix anything here. 

Off to look at more.........

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 09:24:30 AM »
This is the Godlewskis crossing Lake Pontchartrain.

... Early in the day, heading into the Big Easy.

Hopefully they are not heading into N.O. If they did they took a wrong turn (or the long way around) to get to Madisonville. They possibly took I-10 at Slidell and went through N.O. instead of going on I-12. That happened to us on senior trip but lack of sleep and booze was involved  {l{ If they did not go I-12 it costs them alot of time. The bridge you see going straight through the Ponchartrain is the causeway. It is a toll bridge, 24 miles long with no turnarounds.

There is a small stretch of I-10 near Biloxi that has nothing but water around. I'm hoping that is the shot. I like the sisters.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 10:03:06 AM »
unknown; long pants; the Schroeders?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:23:24 AM by banzai »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 10:23:40 AM »
The bridge you see going straight through the Ponchartrain is the causeway. It is a toll bridge, 24 miles long with no turnarounds.

Sheesh,  any gas stations or rest stops along the way?   :sad:

But I'm pretty sure about the direction because the sun is shining on the sobbing Godlewski's left arm (and she is on the left side of the SUV behind the driver--no image reversal).  The sunlight seems to be coming from in front of the car as opposed to from behind it.  Given the orientation of the bridge that all adds up to heading south in the first half of the day.

I think we are still looking for a Roadblock task because the Talledega lap was all-team.  Maybe there is more to come in NOLA.

Or maybe, like you say, the Godlewski's made a wrong turn.  That alone would explain all the drama in their car.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »
The bridge you see going straight through the Ponchartrain is the causeway. It is a toll bridge, 24 miles long with no turnarounds.

Sheesh,  any gas stations or rest stops along the way?   :sad:

But I'm pretty sure about the direction because the sun is shining on the sobbing Godlewski's left arm (and she is on the left side of the SUV behind the driver--no image reversal).  The sunlight seems to be coming from in front of the car as opposed to from behind it.  Given the orientation of the bridge that all adds up to heading south in the first half of the day.

I think we are still looking for a Roadblock task because the Talledega lap was all-team.  Maybe there is more to come in NOLA.

Or maybe, like you say, the Godlewski's made a wrong turn.  That alone would explain all the drama in their car.

Nope, no gas stations or rest stops, just emergency vehichle turnaround. The I-10 twin span from Slidell is still heading south into N.O. This bridge is 10 miles with nothing but water around also. It is the one that you've seen destroyed in the Katrina pictures. I just don't think they would head south on the causeway without asking a toll attendant about where they were heading and I don't think they are supposed to head into N.O. YET! -- that should be episide 5. I think the drama is because they shouldn't be on either bridge!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 10:51:55 AM »
Good to know.  We may be able to sort it out by checking the railing design, the columns, and the distance over to the other roadway going north.

We need some outside pix of the structures.  They have been in the news a lot so it should be easy.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2005, 11:04:03 AM »
Do a search for New Orleans Causeway and New Orleans Twin Span on Webshots. There are some very detailed pics of the causeway and it doesn't look like the Godlewski pics. The twin span doesn't look like it either but the pics aren't that detailed.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2005, 11:46:51 AM »
welcome back Krazi !!  {|

CBS Promo [ I left out the double vidcaps that were already posted ]

107. " Chris you have to go faster than this !"
111. <<Gaghans " were closing in on them Billy "
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:55:38 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2005, 12:53:30 PM »
#54, 55, 56 are at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame & Museum

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2005, 01:27:10 PM »
This is dad Gaghan in semi-tux.  And still wearing his Boston Marathon cap.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2005, 01:31:13 PM »
And this looks like Stassi running for the potty at a BP station.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »
So it looks like this so far:

l. Drive from Huntsville to Anniston; find chair.

2. Drive from Anniston to outside Talladega on Route 20 and find the International Motorsports Hall of Fame

3. Drive to Talledega Motor Speedway (Team Roadblock - race around track)

4. Drive to Mandeville, LA (Detour: Blackjack or Lumberjack)

Now the question: Do teams camp out in the park and then start off the next day across Lake Pontchartrain, OR do they continue on across the lake on Wednesday, July 12 and reach a pitstop in New Orleans - Preservation Jazz Hall?

And keep in mind that the teams leave Huntsville after rest period between 2:30 and 4:30PM so they can't do all of this in one day while it is still light out. Here is another possiblity.

After completing tasks in Anniston and Talladega, they then camp out in Mandeville park and start Detour the following morning (July 13) and continue on to New Orleans for a task and then fly on to Beliz where we have them on July 14.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2005, 03:32:14 PM »
bunching at the bungaloo

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2005, 04:35:14 PM »
So it looks like this so far:

l. Drive from Huntsville to Anniston; find chair.
2. Drive from Anniston to outside Talladega on Route 20 and find the International Motorsports Hall of Fame
3. Drive to Talledega Motor Speedway (Team Roadblock - race around track)
4. Drive to Mandeville, LA (Detour: Blackjack or Lumberjack)

Now the question: Do teams camp out in the park and then start off the next day across Lake Pontchartrain, OR do they continue on across the lake on Wednesday, July 12 and reach a pitstop in New Orleans - Preservation Jazz Hall?

And keep in mind that the teams leave Huntsville after rest period between 2:30 and 4:30PM so they can't do all of this in one day while it is still light out. Here is another possiblity.

After completing tasks in Anniston and Talladega, they then camp out in Mandeville park and start Detour the following morning (July 13) and continue on to New Orleans for a task and then fly on to Beliz where we have them on July 14.

The International Motorsports Hall of Fame is located right next door to the Talladega Speedway so they won't have to drive far - they may even run. I estimate the drive from the speedway to Mandeville to be about 6-7 hours depending on how fast you drive. They have to have some kind of equilizer. Aren't the two sets at least 3 hours apart?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2005, 06:34:07 PM »
[ Weaver kid high fives the Bransens , changing tents in the background?

If you can catch the clip a nanosecond before yours you'll see a second tent to the left. Yes, these look like makeshift dressing rooms where they have to get and return the lumberjack or blackjack costumes. The shelters are already there, they just put material around it. This lumberjack pic shows a similar shelter in the background. Also is an actual picture from Fairview-Riverside park.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 07:20:31 PM by supsandalee »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »
I've been looking at the scenes from Talladega Speedway again and it looks to me like it is pretty late in the day. Especially compared to the scenes from the park and lumberjack task.  So I now suspect that after the Talladega Speedway (watch out here comes my man DJ in the Big Brown Truck!!) the teams may camp out somewhere and then drive on to Mandaville, LA early the next day, especially if it takes around 7 or 8 hours to do the drive.  This would put them there around noon time.  Do the shadows seem right for this, Chateau?

And what is the bungaloo??