Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 45708 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2005, 07:40:18 PM »
G-Man that is a wonderful analysis and makes things fit together nicely.  |#'

Puddin, the sisters are wearing the bandannas after their detour at Riverside-Fairview Park and on the causeway heading towards New Orleans. You'll notice they are sweaty. The shot in the car without the bandannas have to be in the morning heading towards the park. Also, the eldest sister is saying, "Chris we have to go faster" but Chris isn't driving, Chris is the one that starts crying. I think she was berating her about their performance during the lumberjack task. I think the sisters had a hard time at the task and were passed up by alot of teams.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »
Nicely done as always TAR detectives  |#' , good job thinking of the Schroeder clothes banzai ..
the day they leave Huntsville the Shroeder brat boy is wearing a long sleeve orange shirt and the spoiled Stassi is wearing khaki green or something .
No luck with that trailerpark /whatever Gman, don't beat me up  but do you think this route is possible ?

Start address: Birmingham, AL
End address: Madisonville, LA 70447
Distance: 339 mi (about 6 hours 6 mins)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »
We've gone this way many times from Talladega. Straight down I-20/I-59 down to I-12 then West. You can also take I-65 down to Mobile but the I-59 route is more probable.

Lincoln, Alabama is the exit you take to get to the track so it is the most accurate to use for mileage estimates.

Start address: Lincoln, AL 35096
End address: Madisonville, LA 70447
Distance: 380 mi (about 6 hours 53 mins)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 08:43:55 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »
 :unde: :sad: ]:, *8/ nevermind

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2005, 08:55:06 PM »
:unde: :sad: ]:, *8/ nevermind

No puddin, you got the route right. I don't know why the google map shows those different hwy. numbers because it is all I-59.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2005, 09:33:52 PM »
The I20 to I59 looks like the most direct route if you can read the map correctly, but we know what that is like.

Question:  with all the running around and sleep deprivation do you think that the producers at TPTB or CBS would want the tired teams to drive all the way to Madisonville late at night? No, I think that they have a camp/trailer park picked out for an overnighter.

ADDED:  Promo on 60 Minutes with Harry Smith talking about TES again only mentions Survivor castoff and NO mention of TAR for Wednesday.  NEL?  Kids begging in New Orleans as opposed to Belize?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2005, 10:03:38 PM »
NEL?  Kids begging in New Orleans as opposed to Belize?
|( Good point Gman !

The only site I trust is the newspath after its updated late Tuesday afternoon for the updated Early Show info/promos for Wendsdays as to whether or not the eliminated teams will be on Wendsday morning or not ..

fwiw~TV Guide listings

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2005, 12:21:42 AM »
In this shot Dad Bransen is holding a pen from the Marriott.

And do you see anything wrong with his glasses?

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »
I'm estimating this shot was taken between 11:50 and 12:10.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2005, 01:04:21 AM »
bumped up to go with Chateaus post above  :<(

It looks to me that the Bransens finish their Blackjack detour at about 11:10 am.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:09:06 AM by puddin »

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2005, 09:18:35 AM »
The weather underground site says there is clouds and rain again (in Anniston) at 8:53 pm (sun set at about 8:00 pm).  So the storm when Paolos are there should be this later one.

Another possible sorting mechanism could be the teams performance times on the lap of the race track.  Fastest time gets the earliest departure from the trailers.

I'm not so sure the evening "light rain" (weather underground) is what we see in the Paolo's pics.  That would be a strong Thunderstorm  )<. 

I see it as this order based on weather conditions:

Pre storm based on overcast/cloudy skies ( 8:18am - 12:04pm)
Gaghan/Weaver

Either pre-storm (12:35pm - 12:53pm)/post-storm (2:19pm - 2:53pm) time frame
Paolo

Or if we know the direction we are looking based on the "last" shot of the Paolo's with the flag.  It appears the sun may be shining on the flag, unless it is a light.  The wind speed on that huge Garrison flag would need to be  nearing the 10 mph range to get the flag to move.  If the Paolo's are North of cameraman, then I would venture to say the Paolo's are doing their task in the 2:19 - 2:53 time frame.

Clear Skies with water on the track (3:53pm - 8:15pm)
Bransen
Linz
Godlewski

Chateau can you confirm  or destroy this theory with your shadow analysis on the Bransen/Linz/Godlewski shots ??? =]/

Keep in mind the weather conditions are for Anniston - not Talladega, so adjustments would need to be made for the difference of the two. 

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2005, 09:40:49 AM »
Dad Branson's glasses have been broken for a while! I remember seeing broken glasses a few shows ago!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2005, 10:42:09 AM »
Theory , The Aiellos claimed they ziplined whilie in sequesterville in their TV Guide interview , the first place to come to my mind is Belize
I remember reading something that pmspml5 posted at RealityTVWorld
TVGuide.com: Where'd you go after you were eliminated?Kevin: I can't tell you where, but we went away for a few weeks. CBS took good care of us. We did some hiking, some shopping and we spent a lot of time at the pool. And we did some ziplining. Fun stuff.

just thought it was interesting ..
pmspml5 2657

09-15-05, 10:12 AM (EST)

"Belize Leg"
I just got back from a cruise and one of the ports of call was Belize City.
We went on a "zipline" adventure out in the rain forest which would have been a perfect Detour. There was not a lot of other things in that area to do and finding this place w/o the help of a local would have been very difficult. Some of the guides on this "Lost Canopy Tour" had been teasing one of the guys about being "famous" for being filmed for a TV show. I have no proof that it was TAR could have been anything - but it does fit.

Also, most locals speak Creole and unless they attend high-school past the age of 16 - never learn what we would consider english. So even though it is an english speaking nation - there could be some language barriors.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2005, 10:49:30 AM »
Sorry, Krazy, but I think your times just won't match with what we know for July 12:

Teams leave Huntsville between 2:30PM and 4:00PM, and must drive approximately 2 or 2.5 hours to Anniston and Talledega. So your times for Gaghan and Weaver (8:18AM to 12:04PM) can't be since at that hour they are still sleeping at the Marriott. Same goes for Paolos who won't leave Huntsville until 4:00PM. The clear skies for the Bransens, Linz and Godlewskies does work (3:53 to 8:15PM) Was there a storm late in the day around sunset time?  This would be the time that the Weavers, Gaghans and Paolos arrive at Talledega.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2005, 11:07:24 AM »
Puddin:  I'm guessing that TPTB would not have a sequesterville outside of the US; why bother with all that travel problems. Most likely at a nice resort in Arizona or perpaps up north in Montana.  Just wild guessing.

Were you able to capture any of the TAR promos from the football yesterday?  Seemed to have two good ones.

I'm guessing that the overnight trailer/RV park may be just over the line in Meridian, Mississippi - that is where interstate routes 20 and 59 split and would be a good place for a trailer park to be located.

Looking again at the video promos, it seems that our teams are sticking to the same order that the arrived at the pit stop. And therefore leave in the same order. The only thing that would hinder or change the order is if one team really screwed up and went the wrong way on Interstate 20. They are told to find a chair in Anniston (mama Paolo seems to have trouble even finding it on her map!)

At Talledega Speedway we have the Bransens, Linz, and Godlewskis doing the biking race in sunlight with long shadows. These teams left in 1, 2, and 4 order. The Schroeders left as no. 3 but we do not see them at Talledega (but they must have been through there as we see Dad Schroeder at the trailer park at night.)

The Weavers seem to arrive before the storm, but the skies are very cloudy (storm brewing); The Paolos are caught up in the storm; the Gaghans seem to be there just before or just after the storm (hard to tell and I can't remember whether the track is wet or dry) This follows the scheme since the Weavers left No. 5; the Paolos as No. 6 with the Gaghans bringing up the rear at No. 7.

We have shots of the Linz catching and passing the Bransens on an Interstate while the sun is still shining (pre-rain storm?) The Bransen girl with the green tank top moons the boys! (Sis Linz gets a real laugh out of it). So we can assume perhaps that the Linz arrive first at the overnight with the Bransens coming in second. Hopefully the find the trailer with the earliest departure times. In any case both teams are having a generally great time laughing about the mooning! (And one of the Bransen girls seems to be holding some kind of paper - perhaps a paper with their departure time.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2005, 11:15:34 AM »
Were you able to capture any of the TAR promos from the football yesterday?  Seemed to have two good ones.
I saw nothing new Gman aside from the Bransens running which looks like the first day near Talladega .. I recorded about 5 hours of football and will rewind if need be   :nods: ?
{thanks to Banzai}

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2005, 11:47:59 AM »
Hopefully the find the trailer with the earliest departure times. In any case both teams are having a generally great time laughing about the mooning! (And one of the Bransen girls seems to be holding some kind of paper - perhaps a paper with their departure time.

Gosh, I didn't even notice that. You must have eagle eyes. Sure likes an official clue of some sort in her hands.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »
Gman has Eagle eyes :gman:
I tried zooming in but no luck ,the Linz kid has something too.. its either a flashlight or a piece of paper . I was thinking   :)* maybe the teams don't actually stay in the trailers ..maybe its just the office? no matter its all the same .

Greeters waiting ontop of the chair?and its still wet .

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2005, 12:55:37 PM »
Chateau can you confirm  or destroy this theory with your shadow analysis on the Bransen/Linz/Godlewski shots ???

I think you and GMan already took care of that.  I think the earliest possible USSRC departure time is 1:30 pm due to the shot of the Bransens meandering their way under the Space Shuttle at what looks like 1:10 pm.  That and the travel times put all teams at Talladega after the big storm of July 12th.  Your point that weather in Anniston is not the same as Talladega is very important here too.  So a thunder head in Talladega may not have registered as such over in Anniston.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2005, 12:58:57 PM »
There's the cluebox.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2005, 12:59:18 PM »
Chateau can you confirm  or destroy this theory with your shadow analysis on the Bransen/Linz/Godlewski shots ???
Your point that weather in Anniston is not the same as Talladega is very important here too.  So a thunder head in Talladega may not have registered as such over in Anniston.

If you can find the weather for Lincoln it is the absolute closest city to the track. The city of Talladega is about 15 miles south of the track.

Edit: When I looked up weather for Lincoln it showed Anniston. Guess Lincoln is too small. Anniston and Lincoln are about 20 miles apart.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:02:55 PM by supsandalee »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2005, 01:02:41 PM »
These are the choices:

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2005, 01:02:47 PM »
Sorry, Krazy, but I think your times just won't match with what we know for July 12:

Teams leave Huntsville between 2:30PM and 4:00PM, and must drive approximately 2 or 2.5 hours to Anniston and Talledega. So your times for Gaghan and Weaver (8:18AM to 12:04PM) can't be since at that hour they are still sleeping at the Marriott. Same goes for Paolos who won't leave Huntsville until 4:00PM. The clear skies for the Bransens, Linz and Godlewskies does work (3:53 to 8:15PM) Was there a storm late in the day around sunset time?  This would be the time that the Weavers, Gaghans and Paolos arrive at Talledega.

Don't be sorry gingerman :kuss:  I should be the one apologizing.  I am all new to this and the last thing I want to do is mess anyone up. 

I just have a decent knowledge of weather (micro-meteorology), so I thought I was helping. 

There was just the earlier storm (noon to 2ish,like the one in the Paolo Picture) on the 12th.  Just light rain that evening.  There was another storm the next day on the 13th at 6:53pm that might possibly match.    |(

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KANB/2005/7/13/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I am sorry if I lead anyone astray  :sad:.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2005, 02:52:25 PM »
Hey, Kraziladi, no apolgies needed. We all put out everything we can think of, and gradually through process of elimination we can reach some pretty good conclusions. So the more information we gather the better. And sometimes, just sometimes we get everything right before the program airs.  But TPTB always comes up with wrinkles we never thought of.

Did some checking on campsites between Talladega, AL and Madisonville, LA along Route Interstate 20/59.  Only two campsites are listed: KOA -Meridian East/Toomsuba, MS and KOA- Laurel, MS. Both sites have space for RVs and Trailers along with tent sites. Could TPTB have brought 8 trailers onto the site ahead of time??

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »
Did some checking on campsites between Talladega, AL and Madisonville, LA along Route Interstate 20/59.  Only two campsites are listed: KOA -Meridian East/Toomsuba, MS and KOA- Laurel, MS. Both sites have space for RVs and Trailers along with tent sites. Could TPTB have brought 8 trailers onto the site ahead of time??

There are many more campgrounds in the area but most are probably private and just don't show up in general searches. The trailers may very well be a last minute product of Hurricane Dennis. When the entire gulfshore area evacuates all hotels north of the coastline are fully booked and the campgrounds get full of campers. After Katrina we've seen first hand that hotels do not kick out evacuees and those that had previous reservations are out of luck.