Author Topic: Official Amazing Race Numbers  (Read 8394 times)

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
Official Amazing Race Numbers
« on: October 01, 2005, 03:04:24 PM »
6, 324, 650: # of demeaning comments shouted by the Paolo boys to thier mother.

4, 653: # # of time Phil goofed by saying "you both been eliminated from the race" before realizing that it was a team of four.

9: # of teams humiliated by the 1st place desperate housewives who barely made it through the 1st task after an abbreviated bridge spelling.

3: # of kids who almost became parentless in a freak buggy accident.

2: # of former Tar members reduced to hot dog toting cameos. ( actually...there wasn't even hot dogs!)

1: # of intelligent kids in race who realize that they are useless in challenges and 'better get used to it'.

1: # of tents containing a shot-gun wielding father protecting his 3 single blonde daughters.

1 : # of times Phil cringed when eliminating a family of black people by calling them "Black Family"

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
Re: Official Amazing Race Numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 04:20:50 PM »
 ^/^
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »
 {l{ LOL
1 : # of times Phil cringed when eliminating a family of black people by calling them "Black Family"

Oh this was brutal Phil took it hard ..the Black family was clearly upset and nothing that Phil could say seemed to make them feel better . Phil even said this is hard on all of us too because it was a new experience to them too .  :unde:

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 05:15:07 PM »
What made it even harder was the fact that those two boys were delusional about their capabilities. What was that at the end when he fell down and needed help getting up? Was he afraid that he was going to get dirty.

At least the parents were positive and weren't screaming at them for being weak and unable to paddle a boat.

P.s. Love the spell check...... >*&

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 08:55:10 PM »
At least the parents were positive and weren't screaming at them for being weak and unable to paddle a boat.
or we wern't shown  ]][ ? I was dying when the Black kid was screaming help at the stream ..and the dad lifted him by the back of the shirt .. I wonder how badly he got ragged on at school  :)* ?

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 03:04:21 AM »
6, 324, 650: # of demeaning comments shouted by the Paolo boys to thier mother.

Is that from just the first episode, or does that continue on throughout the season? ^/^
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 11:56:41 AM »
Actually that from just from the first 5 Min. {l{

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
How about Nielsen numbers:

At 9 p.m., the debut of "Commander In Chief," 10.9/16, captured the night's biggest audience. "House," 8.3/12, moved FOX up to second, ahead of the premiere of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" (7.0/10) on CBS. "My Name Is Earl," 7.0/10, had a decent second week for NBC, but "The Office" dropped to 4.8/7, giving the Peacock at 5.9/9 for the hour. "Supernatural" kept The WB in fifth, while the debut of "Sex, Love & Secrets" barely registered for UPN, coming in at 1.0/1.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|97755|1|,00.html

I believe the numbers represent Rating/Share.
Nielsen Television Ratings are reported by ranking the percentage for each show of all viewers watching television at a given time. As of 2004, there are an estimated 109.6 million television households in the USA. A single national ratings point represents 1%, or 1,096,000 households for the 2004-05 season. Share is the percentage of television sets in use tuned to a specific program. These numbers are usually reported as (ratings points/share). For example, Nielsen may report a show as receiving a 9.2/15 during its broadcast, meaning 9.2%, or 10,083,200 households on average were tuned in at any given moment. Additionally, 15% of all televisions in use at the time were tuned into this program. Nielsen re-estimates the number of households each August for the upcoming television season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Ratings

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »
Episode #2

So many you wouldn't believe me if I told you: # of Tar personnel need to come up with the retarded spy vs. spy roadblock.

4, 369: # of times we saw the same exact shot of teams reaching for the clue box.

50: # of briefcase toting extras who will never be real spies.

5: # of skin tight shirts that Phil changes into during each episode.

2: # of modes a team may play in during the race; 'Race mode' & 'Stupid mode'

2: # of hours you walk around a reflecting pool without seeing any other teams before realizing that
   maybe something is wrong.

1: # of fathers who must eat their words after telling millions of people that 'father know best'

1: # of moments of clarity I had during race where I too wanted to scream in Paolo family fashion at mom for
   not being able to shut her trap.

0: # of times we were fooled by the TAR editor's ridiculous editing at the end between Paolo & Rogers teams.

Dear editor's,

We are not idiots.

Love,
   The fans of amazing race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 07:11:47 PM »

I know this isn't the right thread but since rmax did it so can I  >*&

"The Amazing Race" Gains Viewers As the Families Travel From Pennsylvania to Washington, D.C. and Virginia
THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION was second in households (7.2/11), viewers (11.40m), tied for second in adults 25-54 (5.1/11, with NBC), adults 18-34 (3.1/10, with ABC) and third in adults 18-49 (4.2/10) in its highly competitive time period. Compared to last week's 9-10PM portion of the two-hour premiere, THE AMAZING RACE was up +6% in households (from 6.8/10), +5% in viewers (from 10.81m) and retained 98% of the premiere's delivery in both adults 25-54 (from 5.2/11) and adults 18-49 (from 4.3/11) and 89% of adults 18-34 (from 3.5/09).
source ~
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?&id=20051005cbs01

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 07:18:11 PM »
Maybe you could forward those #'s to Rob. He thinks this season is the demise of TAR....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 08:04:32 PM »
Robs a whiner  :violin:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 08:26:13 AM »
thanks, puddin, I like having both the fun numbers and the Nielsen's here. I was wondering how TAR fared against Commander In Chief. I think CIC had the curiosity factor going for it, but people will find TAR reliably entertaining.

oops, just checked the Nielsen Top 10 for the week of 9/26/05-10/02/05, and CIF was 7th, so I guess people did return (but apparently others came back to TAR).

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/ratings/broadcast_programs.html
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:45:18 AM by rmax »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 10:41:50 PM »
"The Amazing Race: Family Edition" Is Up or Even in Key Demographics Week-to-Week  :tada:

THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION (6.9/10, 10.95m) at 9:00 PM was second in adults 25-54 (5.2/11, -0.1 behind NBC), adults 18-34 (3.1/09) and third in adults 18-49 (4.3/10). Compared to last week's broadcast, THE AMAZING RACE retained 100% of its adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 ratings and was up +2% in adults 25-54 (from 5.1/11).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?&id=20051012cbs01

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 04:16:32 PM »
All of them : # of actual prisoners who would trade places with the weaver family in a second for a ride on a air
      conditioned charter bus that periodically stops for IHOP.

$2.2 million : # annual budget of the U.S. Space and Rocket Center's centrifuge vomit patrol.

6, 354 : # of air fresheners needed to offset the shrimp smell on the charter buses.

4 : # of Paolo family members who for a moment had to give up their crowns as the whack job contestants on the race.

2 : # of racers who can't handle racing around while not knowing where they are going despite the fact
   that the premise of the Amazing Race is racing around while not knowing where you are going.

1 : # of moments of shrimp bestiality.

1 : # of teams who wished they had a shotgun to end their misery as the Gaghan family easily raced passed them over
   the mud like Jesus walking on water

1 : # of kids who don't realize that millions of people watch the race including bitchy step-moms.

0 : # of van drivers who weren't black nor members of the black family.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 08:00:01 PM »
LMAO  ((^ thanks silvercrank

My fav..too funny , 1 : # of moments of shrimp bestiality   :)*

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 12:22:19 PM »
What does LMAO mean?

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 01:15:12 PM »
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2005, 04:28:54 PM »
or rotflmao ^/^  = rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »
 *8/

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 10:27:40 AM »
The episode brought to you by the # 1.

1: # of instant pop classics penned during race. "The lucky pen song"

1: # of riverboats shut down for under-age gambling.

1: # of teams that ran a perfect race. And by perfect I mean being in 1st then losing it
   in the home stretch and coming in 2nd.

1: # of dads who was kept awake at night with the hopes that a lot of other crazy stuff happened
   during that leg of the race and editors were forced to cut out the full moon.

1: # of towns that paid a large sum of money to showcase their big chair.

1: # of teams to soon take over world record of largest chair. Coincidentally biggest dork
   title at the same time.

1: # of mediums in race who could see the evil lurking in the fried chicken moguls newest
   business franchise.

1: # of trained female assassins on race who can turn any object into a deadly weapon including
   the thin paper clues.

1: # of BP employees who has never been so popular in his life as that fateful day back in June.
   Sure he was never picked first for dodgeball and always had to warm the bench during
   basketball but he always knew that one day his luck would change. When Bertram walked
   through those double glass doors he knew that his time had come and everyone would
   soon know the name Les. Maybe they didn't have time to stay and chat & only wanted to
   grab some yellow envelope that a lady gave him to hand out, but they would be back. Afterall
   they were so polite and happy and raced in to see him. Even a large Jewish lady in a pink
   blouse gave him a hug. It was only a matter of time before they came back. Right?!

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 10:40:25 AM »
Very very good!  I'd forgotten the Ballad of the Lucky Pen!  I thought for sure that Pa Gaghan's losing it meant their Philimination...

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
I agree. It only takes only small mistake to lose the race.(Or a thirty minute wrong turn in the state that you live in!)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »
too funny  {l{ , thanks for doing this silver . I'll watch the insider clips later and let you know about the Lucky pen  ^/^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 03:46:46 PM »

RECENT PRESS RELEASES
10.25.2005 CBS Winning Streak Extends To Key Demos

Amazing Race 8" Posts Best Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 Numbers of the Season

Buoyed by a record setting performance by NCIS, season best numbers for AMAZING RACE 8 and 60 MINUTES, and strong victories for CSI, CSI: MIAMI, WITHOUT A TRACE and SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA, CBS claimed its fifth consecutive victory in viewers and households, while winning in adults 25-54 for the third consecutive week and in adults 18-49 for the second straight week, in the week ending Oct. 23, the fifth week of the 2005-2006 television season.

THE AMAZING RACE 8 was second in households (7.0/10), viewers (11.11m), adults 25-54 (5.4/12), adults 18-49 (4.5/11) and adults 18-34 (3.1/09). This is the best delivery of this edition of THE AMAZING RACE in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. 

http://viacom.com/view_release.jhtml?inID=1&inReleaseID=26634

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »
Wednesday, November 9, 2005
CBS WINS TUESDAY IN VIEWERS, ADULTS 25-54 AND FINISHES A STRONG SECOND IN ADULTS 18-49
Released by CBS

CBS WINS TUESDAY IN VIEWERS, ADULTS 25-54 AND FINISHES A STRONG SECOND IN ADULTS 18-49

A Two-Hour "The Amazing Race 8" Crossed the Finish Line With Its Best Adult 18-49 Rating of the Season

CBS won Tuesday in viewers, adults 25-54 and placed a strong second in adults 18-49, according to final national Nielsen ratings for Nov. 8.

A two-hour edition of THE AMAZING RACE 8 (6.7/10, 10.84m) was second in adults 25-54 (5.2/12), adults 18-49 (4.6/11) and adults 18-34 (3.5/10). This is THE AMAZING RACE 8's best delivery in adults 18-49 this season, the best adults 18-34 delivery since the season premiere and matches the second best adults 25-54 delivery.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 01:16:57 PM »
CBS won at 8 with "NCIS""NCIS" (4.4/11 in 18-49, 17.9 million viewers overall), which approached series highs and was the night's most-watched program overall. Net was then below average at 9 with "Amazing Race" (3.4/8 in 18-49, 8.9 million viewers overall) and was nothing special at 10 with a special repeat of first-year drama "Criminal Minds" (2.7/7 in 18-49, 8.5 million viewers overall).

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117933735?categoryid=14&cs=1