Author Topic: NEEDING the Money - Gary's Ska-Rewed!  (Read 6649 times)

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
NEEDING the Money - Gary's Ska-Rewed!
« on: September 30, 2005, 08:50:27 PM »
One reason why Gary is keeping (or trying to keep) his identity under wraps is that he'd be perceived as being set monetarily.  Others would then justify voting him off because "he doesn't need the million dollars."  Allow me to barf.

No one NEEDS a million dollars.  Not even Twila.  Okay, there are exceptions: Family members are held for ransom, bookie is threatening to break your kneecaps because you haven't paid up on that 7-figure bet.  In reality, most everyone NEEDS $100 or $1,000 - maybe $10,000.  In my eyes, the Survivor players are all in the same boat as far as needs are concerned.

The question should be, "Who EARNS it?"  That's based on WANTING, and not NEEDING.  But somehow, I think I'll be disappointed when Gary's little secret is undone because that sports reporter who was maybe in kindergarten in an AFC town when a very-different-looking Gary Hogeboom was playing QB for the Cowboys in an NFC town (sniff, sniff, CONSPIRACY, sniff, HINT, sniff, PLANT INFORMATION TO STIR UP SHOW, sniff, sniff) ratted him out.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: NEEDING the Money - Gary's Ska-Rewed!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:33:12 PM »
Did you see the new Promo !!

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 06:40:39 AM »
Nope.  Didn't see the promo.  Most TV that I watch is pre-recorded on the DVD recorder.  Commercials sort of zip by.  Sometimes I stop to see what the Survivor promos say.  But it's usually pretty useless, like "These people are getting REALLY hungry, and OOH look at how dirty they're getting in the next challenge!"

So, what did I miss?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 08:27:17 AM »
I concur Car84.  I think Danni was told the information before the show started as well.  I've watched on average 15 hours a week of pro and college football since I was five years old, so about 22 years worth.  I can pick obscure athletes out of a crowd with the best of them.  No way would I be able to pick out Gary Hogeboom.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 10:51:03 AM »
It looks like Gary gets called out again ..of course he denies it but ..it sounds like they are onto him.

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 05:21:15 PM »
G-man should of just told them. I think after the challenges it was clear that they need to keep some physical strength and so there was no way that he was getting voted off. Besides, who makes-up such a wierd claim like that. Sooner or later it is going to come out and then you will also have to explain why you lied to your tribe and can't be trusted.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 02:57:40 AM »
I can see it now...

"Uh...I have something to tell you guys."

*tribe gathers*

"I'm an ex-football player. I've played for the NFL."

What would the looks on the tribe's faces be?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 10:48:37 PM »
One thing to keep in mind....athletes did not always make the hight dollars they do now...  Earl Campbell was one of the most memorable Houston player, but he played they made nothing!

I agree who knows who old players are?  My DH is a big football fan and did not know who he was by looking at him

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 03:43:09 PM »
Gary SHOULD get by with denying, denying, denying.  That seems to be his plan.  There is no way anyone could prove he's Gary Hogeboom - except for finger-printing, DNA testing, and other things that our stone-age survivors don't have.  The only danger he faces is in the rather slim form of sports babe Danni, who followed his career closely from the confines of her crib.

I thought it was rather strange that Gary didn't step forward to throw any of those war clubs at the targets.  Maybe he didn't want to show off his arm?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 05:52:58 PM »
or maybe because Danni nailed it  ]*]

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 05:54:23 PM »
He will slip up! Just wait for the fireworks!

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 06:23:42 PM »
Didn't Jeff say he messed up and called Gary by his last name during one of the challenges?
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 12:58:19 PM »
As if "needing" the money ever really mattered.  Lets ask Twila if needing it mattered?????
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 08:44:09 AM »
Oh he'll get caught - I have no doubt whatsoever (unless he only lasts another episode or two).  Problem is that he is not a very convincing liar.  He can lie just about as good as my 3 year olds.  Everytime that someone mentions football he looks as if he is going to wet himself.

I don't blame the guy for trying.  I agree that if anyone else knew that he had played professional ball that he wouldn't be around for much more.  Sure nobody needs it, but would you want to give a million to someone who already has it?  Just look at All-Stars and how long the prior winners stuck around.

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 08:29:18 PM »
Depending on how vulnerable Danni feels (was Billy Bob's (a.k.a. Bobby John) vote revealed?), she may feel a need to cozy up to G'Boom (that would be Gary "Hawkins."  Maybe they'll reach an understanding - a bit of a pact.  She doesn't press the unprovable quarterback assertion, and he doesn't press the goofy kooky silly woman assertion.  They form a strong bond and go into overtime together.

Stranger things have happened.

P.S.: "G'Boom."  You heard it here first (unless someone out there has my imagination, poor soul).

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 08:31:17 PM »
Based on the previews, G'Boom might be in hot water on this.  Here's an idea.  Maybe he'll brush it all off with something like, "Me, a retired NFL quarterback?  Maybe for the Somalian Football League!" 

Seriously, most retired professional athletes pack on the chunks because they aren't burning the calories nearly as quickly as they used to, but the food still tastes as good.  That could be a convincing defense.

I think the preview for next week is misleading.  He's safe.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 11:36:23 PM »
Yep,  Gary's safe for now anyway.  He's needed in the challenges. After the Merge, different story. PapaBear says
Sure nobody needs it, but would you want to give a million to someone who already has it?  Just look at All-Stars and how long the prior winners stuck around.
Nope, I wouldn't...IF I knew for sure he already has it.  We don't really know for sure what his financial status is!  (%#
Heck, he may've had a stroke of hard luck & does actually need the money.
So I'm giving him the beni of the doubt at this point.  :yaya:

Ruday