Author Topic: Survivor Insider: Guatemala Episode 3  (Read 2344 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor Insider: Guatemala Episode 3
« on: September 30, 2005, 09:26:19 PM »
Thanks to DCReads56

Survivor Insider: Guatemala Episode 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Welcome to Survivor Insider!

DC Notes: There's a small batch of clips this week:

Brianna: Final Words - claimed
Brianna: The Day After - in progress
Corn Again

The clip "Crocodiles, Schmocodiles, We're Hot!" has extended footage of the scene where Nakum goes into the water talking about crocodiles, but doesn't really have anything new or interesting worth mentioning.

Special congratulations to mollysgrama, who offered to transcribe Brianna: Final Words - she became a grama again Thursday morning!

----------------
Yaxha Tribal Council
Brianna Voted Out
----------------

Lydia (Votes Briana): This is nothing personal but we need a strong tribe to win these challenges, and we’ll see you back home, homegirl.

Jaime (Votes Brianna): Brianna, you fell off the net in the challenge. You leaned on the pole during the challenge. You were scared to pick up the ball in the challenge. I don’t think you’ve played a contact sport in your entire life. You’re a girly girl and you need to go back to the shopping mall and leave the jungle.

Amy (Votes Brianna): My vote is for Brianna. It’s based on a unified vote. But Brianna, you know as well as I know that we came into this right at the beginning with an alliance, and the fact that I’m voting out someone in my alliance brings me great concerns that there might be holes in our ship.

Rafe (Votes Brianna): You’re a wonderful person, but I think you and I both know that you’re ready to go home.

Stephenie (Votes Brianna): Brianna, you are a sweet, genuine person and I’m so sorry that it’s your time to go. But I have to do what’s right for this tribe right now. We need to win immunities. I can’t be on a losing streak anymore. I really liked getting to know you and hope we can hang on the outside. See ya.

Gary (Votes Breanna): Brianna, you’re a great young girl. I just don’t think this was your style of game. Best wishes.

Brianna (Votes Lydia): Lydia, you have not once looked at me in the eye when I’ve spoken to you, or even attempted at conversing when I start a conversation with you. It’s either you or me tonight. I hope it’s not me.

Brian (Votes Brianna): I’m sure I’m going to have a lot of sarcastic things to say about people throughout this game when I vote them out but you’re a sweet heart, Rinny. You really are, through and through. I’m only voting for you because you are the weakest link on the tribe: you don’t give it your all. Lydia does.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor Insider: Guatemala Episode 3
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:04:40 PM »
Welcome to Survivor Insider!

DC Notes: There's a small batch of clips this week:

The clip "Crocodiles, Schmocodiles, We're Hot!" has extended footage of the scene where Nakum goes into the water talking about crocodiles, but doesn't really have anything new or interesting worth mentioning.

Special congratulations to mollysgrama, who transcribed Brianna: Final Words - she became a grama again Thursday morning!

----------------
Yaxha Tribal Council
Brianna Voted Out
Transcribed by DCReads56
----------------

Lydia (Votes Briana): This is nothing personal but we need a strong tribe to win these challenges, and we’ll see you back home, homegirl.

Jaime (Votes Brianna): Brianna, you fell off the net in the challenge. You leaned on the pole during the challenge. You were scared to pick up the ball in the challenge. I don’t think you’ve played a contact sport in your entire life. You’re a girly girl and you need to go back to the shopping mall and leave the jungle.

Amy (Votes Brianna): My vote is for Brianna. It’s based on a unified vote. But Brianna, you know as well as I know that we came into this right at the beginning with an alliance, and the fact that I’m voting out someone in my alliance brings me great concerns that there might be holes in our ship.

Rafe (Votes Brianna): You’re a wonderful person, but I think you and I both know that you’re ready to go home.

Stephenie (Votes Brianna): Brianna, you are a sweet, genuine person and I’m so sorry that it’s your time to go. But I have to do what’s right for this tribe right now. We need to win immunities. I can’t be on a losing streak anymore. I really liked getting to know you and hope we can hang on the outside. See ya.

Gary (Votes Breanna): Brianna, you’re a great young girl. I just don’t think this was your style of game. Best wishes.

Brianna (Votes Lydia): Lydia, you have not once looked at me in the eye when I’ve spoken to you, or even attempted at conversing when I start a conversation with you. It’s either you or me tonight. I hope it’s not me.

Brian (Votes Brianna): I’m sure I’m going to have a lot of sarcastic things to say about people throughout this game when I vote them out but you’re a sweet heart, Rinny. You really are, through and through. I’m only voting for you because you are the weakest link on the tribe: you don’t give it your all. Lydia does.

----------------
Brianna
Final Words
Transcribed by mollysgrama
----------------

Brianna: Yaxha, I had a great time – you have the strongest bunch of people I’ve ever met in my life – and I know you’re going to kick some Nakum ass. I had a great time - there’s nothing more I can say than I gave it my all, I tried my hardest, I obviously wasn’t strong enough. May the strongest win - you guys are.. you guys rock – good luck.

Cut

It makes me very sad to know that I was voted off. But it is survival of the fittest out there and I was the weakest link. It makes me very sad – I’m sad to go home tonight. Yes.

Cut

I have learned that I am an incredibly strong person – stronger than I thought I was (smiling). And, (pauses,slightly tearing up) I’ve learned not to be so trusting, actually. I’ve grown up to be a very trusting person and I think that was one of my downfalls in this game – I trusted way too early. I don’t feel betrayed at all. No, I know that they’re in this game to win it. Every single one of those players is in this game to win it. And good luck to ‘em.

I will take away an incredible amount of strength, wisdom - about people, about culture and about survival. I think I’ll take away the experience, the experience was amazing - I couldn’t have asked for a better time. I was only here for 8 days, but it was the best 8 days of my life. Hands down – the toughest, but the best.

Cut

I wouldn’t have made any promises to anybody if I were to start over again. I would have worked harder and I would have trained harder before I even came, if I were to play the game again. You’ve got to be athletic to be out here. I am an athlete (cut off…..end of clip).

----------------
Brianna
The Day After
Transcribed by mollysgrama
----------------

Brianna: My Survivor Guatemala experience was absolutely amazing. I couldn’t have asked for more of a culture shock. It’s incredible – there’s no words to describe it but ‘absolutely incredible.’ I think that the most…the most real part of it was when you are sitting there, realizing you are in the middle of the jungle and you’ve got to fend for yourself. It was... I don’t really plan on ever being in that situation again, but just thinking back, at the way I felt at that time, was sooo amazing, it was… it was wonderful.

(Cut)

When I was having my down and out days, I knew I had to keep, in the back of my head, the thought of my family praying for me and knowing that I was going to be fine. And to keep my morale up, I would pray – that’s all I could do sometimes to get me through the day, was just pray. I knew that I would never be given more than I could handle in a day.
My faith is very important to me and that’s what got me through, to be completely honest with you, was my faith that got me through.

(Cut)

The first few days out in the jungle, I barely even thought of my family. I was so focused on winning that 11 ½ mile trek through the jungle. So focused on getting the water, grinding the corn, doing the camp stuff, that I didn’t have time to think about my family. It was the times that we had down time and I knew that I was not going to be talking to my family for 39 days, that it really started to hit me. I broke down a couple times and it was very difficult. I just have to remember - this is what I thought to myself , I thought - I have to remember that, right now, they are probably thinking of me, and to know that someone was rooting for me on the other side that I didn’t even know, brought me comfort. It really helped me get through.

(Cut)

I learned a lot about myself while I was out there. For instance, when I’m faced with a situation, I really learned to step back and look at myself. How is this situation making me react – am I angry, am I sad, am I anxious? And what is the result of that - is someone else making me angry, and why is that person making me angry? I think I just learned to look at situations in life that I really had never before. I mean, there comes a point when you can only hear yourself talk. You’re out in the middle of the jungle and your mind is running a million miles a minute.

(Cut)

I bring a lot of aspects to the game. Let’s be honest, I’m not the most athletic person and that was one of my downfalls. I believe that I could have brought more to the game. Considering the amount of time I was on the tribe, I wasn’t allowed to display what I could bring. I showed as much as I could through camp life, but when it comes down to it, in the immunity challenges and the reward challenges and us losing, It wasn’t cutting it – my athletic ability was not strong enough for the tribe. And that’s what mattered, right then and there, and I didn’t have it.

(Cut)

Getting your torch put out by Jeff Probst is humbling. You’re choking back tears to try to save face and you want to say parting words to your tribe of good luck. (Choking up) But it’s sad, knowing your tribe doesn’t think you can keep going, when you know you can.

(Cut)

I am a (??) girl. I wear makeup, I shop, I like to talk on the phone. I’m a city girl – that’s one side of me. And I was so enthusiastic to show people this other side of me that’s so adventurous and outgoing and tough. I’m a tough girl – I’ve gone through a lot. And for people to see what kind of person I am in addition to the person they already know, I think will...it will muster up a whole buncha newfound respect that I don’t think I once necessarily got - from my co-workers, from friends that I used to have. I know my family loves me regardless, but they’re going to love me even more now. (little giggle)

----------------
Corn Again
----------------

Description: The Survivors are getting pretty tired of corn, corn, corn, and that’s no joke. Cindy stirs the pot for her Nakum tribemates, who aren’t looking forward to the meal. Brandon yearns for potatoes.

(Nakum camp
Cindy appears to be the cook du jour - pouring corn in the pot, adds water, sets on fire. Everyone else is lying on the tarp in the background.)

Margaret voice in background: I’d love a food challenge, oh…

(Shot of Brandon, lying on tarp eating corn nuts out of his hat)

Bobby Jon in background: Probably next reward, I’m thinkin’.
Brandon (to Bobby Jon): What’d they have for your first food challenge?
Woman in background: Beef stew and root beer.
BJ: Yup.

(Shot of Danni & Brandon eating corn nuts, lying on tarp)

Cindy - It’s gettin’ thick. I don’t know how it’s gonna to taste but we’re losin’ water fast (stirring vigorously with stick). There might be a piece of stick in here – I’m apologizin’ in advance.
Judd - Is that like a new recipe type of thing?
Cindy: It soaked for, like, 4 hours last night and it didn’t go anywhere. It just got all swollen up. We smooshed it this morning and we’re just goin’ to cook it like mush.
Judd: So we’re doin’ something a little bit different. Well, it looks more like corn today, though. (Judd stirs)

Judd (Confessional): The food we’re eatin’ out here is just corn. I mean, for anybody to say that it tastes good, they’re full of crap. I mean, it tastes horrible. But you have to eat it because it’s got about 15 percent protein in it so…ya know, that’ll give us a little boost.

Judd: I heard you say last night you guys were tryin’ to make tortillas?
Cindy: We were gonna with that (points at pot) , but it didn’t turn out the way we wanted it. We thought we could smoosh it ‘cuz it was all soaked and water logged but it didn’t smoosh though.

Judd (Confessional): We made corn soup, we made corn oatmeal, we made corn nuts – we made just about anything you can do with corn – we did it. And it all tastes the same.

(Judd and Cindy at fire, Cindy stirring pot)
Judd: Well, you’re doing a heck of a job here (walks away).
Cindy: Thanks. I’m not a chef so, if it’s crap, I can’t do anything about it.

Cindy (Confessional): If you like it, eat it. If you don’t eat it, you’re probably not very hungry. I mean, that’s the way we grew up. Food’s on the table, if you’re hungry, you’ll eat it, if you don’t eat it, then you’re not very hungry. Take it or leave it - this is what you’re getting’ tonight.

(Brooke sitting on tarp, tasting coarse kernelled corn, Blake & BJ lying on tarp in background.)
Cindy: Is that better?
Brooke: Mmm hmmm! More whole kernel.
Margaret (?): How’s it, Brooke?
(Brooke nods.)

Margaret (Confessional): The tribe’s kind of split – half like it one way, half like it another. It’s either corn mush….(cut off, end of clip)