Author Topic: TAR8 EP3 ~"I Don't Kiss , I Make out "  (Read 38737 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: TAR8 EP3 ~"I Don't Kiss , I Make out "
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2005, 02:41:25 PM »
FOR THE RECORD:

At the Muddy course, NINE Jeeps are lined up at the Start Line.  So the pattern continues:

EP 1 - 11 SUV's in the Brooklyn Bridge Parking Lot

EP 2 - 10 Stretchers and Orderlies lined up on the Battlefield

EP 3 - 9 Jeeps lined up at the Muddy run.

Why?

Some other interesting sights:

The teams on the first Independence Air flight had to check their backpacks (nobody is seen with one on getting on the plane) IAir flies small 50-seat reagional jets.

The teams on the USAir and United Flight carried their gear on board.

Later when teams are running around NASA Space and Rocket Center, all of them are now carrying, in addition to their backpacks, all of their camping gear. I guess the producers shipped it all down for them since they never had any of that gear in Charleston, SC.

All the boarding passes were issued by the SAME machine whether the flights were on IAir, United, or USAirlines.

The closeup of numbers being pulled off at the centrifuge was filmed afterwards with the same hand pulling off each number.(Hiding No. 9??)

Everyone kept the same order after arriving in Huntsville except the Aiellos. They got off the second bus in second place, but ended up getting off the centrifuge in last place. People have been saying (TES, for example) that they lost the leg because of getting stuck in the mud. But they were on equal footing with three other teams on the bus to Huntsville. They lost time getting from the bus to the NASA site and arrived last at the centrifuge.  By the bye, the Centrifuge was the buncher of all bunches.  Everyone finished the race in the same order that they finished the centrifuge.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:44:35 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2005, 03:14:39 PM »
All the boarding passes were issued by the SAME machine whether the flights were on IAir, United, or USAirlines

This is typical TAR.  They often recycle those boarding pass shots w/o regard to which team was getting the passes.

But, keep it up GMan. They may slip up somewhere.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2005, 05:29:45 PM »
I'm still a little pissed about the Aiello's ,they must have known that being last there
was a virtual guarantee to be last at the mat ,I hated how they had to wait to do the G- force ride ..I feel that the bus-herding did them in ..if they had had the option to drive to Huntsville ,it may have turned out different ,I'll miss them  ]**] .
Anyway ...I love the Bransens ,I hope pops can hang in there ..and I must confess that the Paolo's are growing on me  *8/..

G-Man ..keep up the hunting for the mysterious "11th" team  :t-up:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2005, 06:10:14 PM »
The Paolo's talk about the bus-ride
http://cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay.pl?type=wmv&id=16020

they said they had no idea of were they were going because the clue said " a mystery location " they then thought Atlanta but they bus just shot by there , they said it was so hot on the bus they couldn't sleep ..and were hungry . Mom said that they get to the bus at 1:30 pm but couldn't board the bus untill 5:00 pm ..they thought they could go get cleaned up because they were covered in shrimp & mud but didn't , she thought the day was over and they would go to a hotel ....she called it the bus to nowhere ..the last few hours they were all having a ball singing and cutting on each other a " brew -haha" but , they were all hot , tired , hungry and it was almost midnight and some of them were getting ansy because they needed to take medication and they kids were getting cranky .Then they talk about the Weavers breaking down & snapping " they were  bouncing off the walls , they looked like a bunch of crazy people " . Mom Paolo felt bad for them but not the kid ..he says they signed up for it , this is what you get , he told them to shut -up because he was sick of them complaining " it sucks but oh well , get over it "

The Aiello's blame the Mud-Bog on there losss because they missed the 1st bus .. thats what they say did them in .

Oh and as usual Phils Diary wont play for me ..it cuts off to Survivor Guatamala intro  (%#
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 06:13:45 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2005, 03:08:13 PM »

so who annoys her family? Mama Paolo?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »
CBS =BS Hype .. raising  the BS flag banzai .. they never showed who said the title either  )<  , probably bone Linz kissin the shrimp , it would have given us 25 points in the MW game  ]*]

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2005, 06:37:42 PM »
They probably edited something completely out, something they've done in the past (example: although I don't have access to the video, I seem to recall Phil stating that those teams completing the mudbogging would be driven back to Charleston in "monster trucks"), and then didn't co-ordinate with the website folk. Either way, we'll probably never know unless the racers blab.
Misc. trivia: I was curious why they spun the racers around at 3.2G (why not 3 or 4?). It turns out to be the setting used to simulate shuttle launches (here, third paragraph).

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2005, 08:37:30 AM »
My guess was that the title came during the conversation between Rolly and Hunter, it's the sort of thing teenage boys would talk about, and compare.  We saw them talking, but didn't hear much of what they said.

Darn, I would have gotten MW points too, had it been true.  Nothing in the Insider videos, eh?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2005, 10:35:25 AM »
No rmax not a thing in the insider clips as well as nothing about " one racer annoys her family ..."
Such BS !!  )<

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »
They say that recycling is good for the environment. Compare the vidcap of the teams taking off from "Dulles" to the GoogleEarth snapshot of LAX. Any bets on whether MSY (New Orleans) will resemble LAX as well?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »
:gman: Nice Catch Slowhatch!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »
That's funny. I've flown MSY many times so I'll know if it is bogus footage.

Offline KCSandi

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2005, 05:34:06 PM »
Hi Everyone - new here to posting...
I haven't read this entire thread today, but I do recall that one of the Linz brothers spoke the title while he was pulling heads off shrimp.  It was right around the time that he looked like he was going to kiss one - and it grossed his sister out!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »
Hi KC,
That's what I had suspected but I never actually heard him say it.  Do you have an inside source to share?!  (::)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2005, 01:38:35 PM »
welcome to the forum KCSandi  }*