Author Topic: Survivor: Search in the city contest  (Read 2899 times)

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
Survivor: Search in the city contest
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:33:16 AM »
I found this artical over at

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

Pontiac encourages fans to stalk
cast members as part of its creepy new Survivor promotion.

Pontiac is using Survivor Guatemala to pitch its newest SUV, the Torrent,
by encouraging fans to stalk former cast members and play paparazzi, photographing
them as they drive around various cities. Six former cast members will be consuming
a gallon of unleaded gas for every 18 or 19 city miles they drive in their new SUV,
hoping to attract fans like mosquitoes to an electrified blue light.

Those available for stalking include Rupert Boneham (Illinois and Indiana),
Erin Collins (Texas), Rob Mariano (New England and Florida), Jerri Manthey (California),
Gervase Peterson (New Jersey and Pennsylvania), and Ethan Zohn (New York State).
More details about exactly where they’ll be are included in the cast members’ blogs,
where Gervase already reports being followed for 10 minutes by a woman looking to take his picture.
Are they so desperate to feel like real celebrities that they’re willing to let fans be
encouraged to play paparazzi?

The fan whose photo is selected at random wins not one but five Torrents,
a vehicle that will show up on the show, because “Pontiac is the sole automotive
sponsor of Survivor: Guatemala—The Maya Empire on CBS,” Brandweek reports.

Oh, how this makes one long for the days when Jeff Probst just pimped Doritos and Mountain Dew.

The Official site can be found here. http://www.cbs.com/survivorsearch/
The tribe has spoken....

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
Re: Survivor: Search in the city contest
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 03:39:59 AM »
Another artical about the contest from...

www.brandweek.com

Pontiac Named Only Auto Sponsor on Survivor

September 16, 2005

NEW YORK -- Pontiac is the sole automotive sponsor of Survivor: Guatemala—The Maya Empire on CBS. Besides product placement, backing the launch of its new Pontiac Torrent SUV, the sponsorship will include short features, “Survivor Search in the City,” over the following weeks, in which former survivors from will tour cities in Pontiac Torrents.

The effort, via Leo Burnett Detroit and CBS, has the former Survivors driving new Torrents as they go about their daily life over the coming weeks in their home cities and local regions. Consumers will be asked to find one of them and snap a picture of them with their Torrent on their camera phone. They can immediately transmit the image for a chance to win five, fully-loaded, 2006 Pontiac Torrents, what Pontiac is calling “Torrents for your tribe.” Photos may also be submitted from digital cameras (via e-mail) or by postal mail through Nov. 6.

Per GM research, the Survivor audience is 25% more likely than other prime time shows to talk about the program. “Because we're working with the enhanced enthusiasm of the audience, this promotion becomes naturally viral,” said Mark-Hans Richer, Pontiac marketing director, in a statement.

The ex-Survivors will keep daily blogs about their experiences and whereabouts with their Torrents, which consumers can access at cbs.com. Photos will also likely spread at each Survivor's Web site and fan Web sites.

Fifteen-second TV billboards on Survivor: Guatemala—The Maya Empire will drive consumers to the promotion during each week's broadcast in addition to Web advertising through portals like Yahoo! and AOL.

--Karl Greenberg

Looks like fun but living in Canada keeps me from being able to play  :sad:
The tribe has spoken....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor: Search in the city contest
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:10:51 AM »
No kidding Jason , where I live I don't stand a chance so don't feel so bad .
I could just see the Survivor , whomever , calling their buddies " Hurry get the camara out I'm on my way !"  ,.(