Author Topic: Martha's cooling down!  (Read 3008 times)

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
Martha's cooling down!
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:08:04 AM »
Though I have enjoyed the boardroom moments of Martha's apprentice, the challenges have been freaking lame. Why does Mark Burnett, the reality TV mogul, think that people around the world want to see a team open a floral shop?! or bake a cake?! What is going to happen next...design a dish towel?!  No wonder the viewers keep dropping.

The thing to watch out for is that if viewers continue to drop I think they will start throwing in the blooper reels of Martha losing it on the contestants.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Martha's cooling down!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »
If I were them I would consider tossing in a highlight of Martha losing it on somebody fairly soon.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »
Things are getting a little edgy around there for sure and that just might happen. Martha doesn't even know how to end her show anymore.
You don't f......goodb......thanks for comi........uh, **** it. Just leave, this is terrible. How did the Donald ever get me into this?!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 08:02:47 PM »
I am actually enjoying Martha's show as I find the tasks interesting.  Last week's salad dressing was a little boring but she is looking for someone to work for her company that has to like doing all those things.  Out of all the tasks she has asked them to perform so far, I have enjoyed the story from a children's fairy tale and making up the hotel suite.  What I can't stand on the show is her sidekick, the guy--can't think of his name.  I cant stand it when they are in the boardroom and he sits there with a ridiculous grin on his face waving his unlit cigar around.  I hope he is not trying to make a statement that smoking a cigar makes you look more important.  Smoking is not good for you as I lost my dad to lung cancer earlier this year.

Offline silvercrank

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Todd from Canada
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 09:51:05 PM »
I don't like her daughter either. It always seems like she has something shoved in her butt. She has nothing on Carolyn.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 03:17:26 AM »
Martha's show doesn't even begin to compare to The Donald's!!  I'm watching both, but quite frankly, not sure I'll keep watching Martha's.  It just seems so humdrum borrring. 

BFizzy, I agree about the guy with the cigar.  What the Heck?  Who's he trying to impress?  Not me for sure.  (Like you, I lost my mother due to cancer at age 62.  She smoked from a teen to the day before she lapsed into a coma.  So I feel your loss deeply  :':') & so very sorry.) 

Looks like E-Ring got moved to the better time slot at 7pm MT, Martha following.  E-Ring certainly deserves that move as it's far more entertaining, IMO.  You know what I wish?  That Judging Amy would move to NBC & replace Martha!!  Yeh, right. It was cancelled by cbs in May.  I miss it sooo much :':') & wish they'd bring her baaak.

As per this week's TVGuide, Martha's Apprentice is TANKING.