Author Topic: TAR8 EP2~"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?"  (Read 35060 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR8 EP2~"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?"
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2005, 12:11:02 AM »
link
puddin, this CBS promo link doesn't work. Do you have another?

odd it works for me in Realone Banzai ?  *(^ oh well ..
with Realone you have to fiddle with the settings
Tools
Preferences
Network transports
uncheck Manual config settings and Use Specific UDP ports but I have DSL so I don't know if that makes a difference ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2005, 12:43:01 AM »
Before I forget that rewatching the Promo " There Will Be no Pitstops " , all I think it means is that the Linz kid has to peepeepee  {l{

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2005, 12:58:16 AM »
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=5743.topic

according to the Pennsylvania Patriot-News newspaper, they'll go to Gettysburg

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2005, 01:07:14 AM »
Thanks Banzai

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 02:08:09 AM »
Hey I found this site for TV listings ..you have to register but its free. Anyway when you go to say Tuesday Listings for the Amazing race the CBS video promo plays when you mouse on the little camara.
I thought maybe some of you that can't view it on realone or whatever might want to check it out .
http://www.meevee.com/

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 11:02:44 AM »
Looks like CBS's deep pockets paid off to keep the Gettysburg reenacters around for another weekend!

Gettysburg task looks like the DETOUR and how about this for a title: SEARCH OR RESCUE?

Each with its own pros and cons.  In RESCUE teams must locate five wounded soldiers and move them on stretchers to the field hospital.  While there are many wounded soldiers on the field, the task of moving them (distance) to the field hospital will be a very physical task. In SEARCH teams must locate a battle flag which matches the picture they have. While this is not a very physical task, locating the right flag among the hundreds on the field of battle may take a long time!

This task is similar to ones TAR has had before most recently in Iceland (search the ice lagoon or scale the ice wall)

So far we have identified the Bransens, Aiellos, Godlewskis, and Linzes doing the RESCUE task (these are the more physical capable teams).  And we have those teams with the youngest members, the Weavers and Gaghans opting for the less physical SEARCH task.

Meanwhile ther Paolos, Schroeders, and Rogers are MIA.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 03:50:56 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2005, 11:15:38 AM »
SEARCH OR RESCUE
I Love that Gman !!
Friday night probably no new promos but tomorrow and Sunday during the games maybe some PIP's ?
Gman do you think its a extended leg or elimination ? Would they right out tell us " No Pitstops " or do you just think someone has to pee and they have no " pitstops?" which makes no sense because as you know rest areas are not that hard to find unless of course you are stuck in traffic.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2005, 11:32:03 AM »
Hard to tell.  But I think that NO PIT STOPS refers to long car rides with no stops. On some roads reststops may be hard to find, and if they are nearing Washington DC at the time there really is no place to stop.

But if they don't stop at night, this is going to be one long trip between Lancaster PA to Gettysburg to Washington then on the Charlston SC and finally bus to Huntsville, Alabama arriving late Monday night. And if we have a pitstop and elimination then only eight teams would be arriving at NASA. So perhaps Chateau's NEL may be valid (but do we have the kids then begging on the streets of Washington on Sunday morning??????)

It looks like where ever they go they will have SUV's (GM, of course) waiting. Hard to get four people in cabs sometimes and with camera crew that would make six which is impossible. And I note that the Yukons have built-in micro cameras in the headrests which account for some of the distorted shots we have seen of the teams in the middle seat (why not spred out to the third seat?)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2005, 06:23:20 PM »
Does anybody know which Linz this is?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2005, 06:31:44 PM »
 {l{ something is bugging me  (%# What if its not Gettysburg as one some of you have said  afterall.
What if the Shoe clue is " Drive yourselves to Washington .." ( maybe the directions audio get cut off ) and they skip Gettysburg and go too........one of the other battlefields as previously spec ' ed  </]

Weaver kid " Drive yourselves to Washington DC " the words move with his mouth so its not dubbed .See the white fence in the background?

this is the fence surrounding the Haines Shoe

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2005, 06:34:49 PM »
Does anybody know which Linz this is?

They might as well be triplets Chateau  (%#
I'll guess Tommy ?? Nick maybe I think Tommy is driving .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2005, 06:51:04 PM »
( just looking for something ..  *8/ )

July 9-10:  A Soldier’s Life On Campaign – the 141st Anniversary of the Battle of Monocacy
A living history program will feature Union and Confederate soldiers depicting the Confederate attempt to threaten the United States capital, and the Union success in delaying their march.  Discover why this became known as “the battle that saved Washington, D.C.”  Artillery and Infantry demonstrations will illustrate military actions while a Saturday evening campfire will provide a musical look at another side of soldier life.

http://www.nps.gov/mono/index.htm

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2005, 06:52:17 PM »
Thanks Puddin!

It's Alex!

From your post I figured out a way to tell them apart:  Sideburns
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2005, 07:02:03 PM »
I bet you got it! Promos or press has said Gettysburg.  I wonder if they will try a deception and call it Gettysburg when in reality they went to Monocacy, MD.

I'll be looking!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:09:04 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2005, 07:03:13 PM »
Thanks Banzai

I don't trust this news reporter. The reenactment of Gettysburg is huge. The one in the preview is just a small scale.
She probably saw the promo and then guessed it's Gettysburg.

edit: large scale reenactment with a lot of spectators.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:15:35 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2005, 07:25:28 PM »
So I got the Linz brother wrong and the battlefield wrong ( I must need sleep or bi-focals  (::) )
Shame on the writer of the Gettysburg article , how dare he try to fool the TAR detectives  )<

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2005, 07:27:40 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but repeat it here:

The Annual Gettysburg Battle Reenactment was held on July 1 to July 3, 2005. Our teams would be there on July 9. The only Civil War Reenactment listed for July 9 - 10 is the Battle of Rich Mountain in Beverly, West Virginia. An important battle which secured the Shenandoah Valley for the Union.

But the battle area looks like it could be Gettysburg, but did TAR and CBS has enough clout to get all the re-enacters back for another go just for them on the weekend of July8 and 9? Hard to tell.

Nice scenes of my stomping ground in Washington, DC. The National Mall, Lincoln Memorial, Korea War memorial (and I never knew they were here) Is there a pit stop here and do we lose another team before we reach Huntsville, Alabama??
Mr smartypants  ]][

http://www.civilwar-va.com/events/07-05.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2005, 07:51:07 PM »
What does Walder have in his hand?

I thought this is was the Gaghan mom  but now i'm not sure.( in the lower picture , that is her in the top )
also to note the teams have colored bandanas like in TAR7
Linz=Orange
Rodgers = Purple
Godlewski= pink ( of course )

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:38:48 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »
Well, in his right hand is a briefcase!

|#'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2005, 08:26:18 PM »
Here is the Monocacy Battlefiield.

But today a freeway runs through it. 

Grey = Confederates
Blue = Union

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2005, 09:05:26 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2005, 09:37:43 PM »
Well, in his right hand is a briefcase!

|#'
Here is the Monocacy Battlefiield.

But today a freeway runs through it.

Grey = Confederates
Blue = Union

I think we have a match.

OH BOY !!!!!!! You guys ROCK !! {**}

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2005, 09:53:40 PM »
I do think you have found the match, Pud; the picture in the nps Monocacy blurb look very similar (Note mowed field pattern and rail fences).  Sorry, I'm no smarty pants, just damn lucky and unbelieving of CBS's clout to get these reenacters back for a second go at Gettysburg on July 9. And look at map - Monocacy is right on the route (Interstate 270) from York and Gettysburg to Washington, DC.I took another look at all the pictures from the Gettysburg site and I can not find anything nearly matching the field we see in our aerial shot. Pud is right there are a heck of a lot more reenacters at Gettysburg each year as it is probably the biggest Civil War Reenactment event of the year.  Someone is just trying to mislead us; if we hear them say that they are at Gettysburg I will lose faith in CBS; that would be just too big of a stretch even for them.

Note one more thing: I count what looks like seven white stretchers lined up in the upper left corner just waiting for the teams.

That does look like a briefcase in right hand. Chateau, you are our expert on sun time: note that the shadows are directly under the trees on the grounds of the Washington Monument (note slight hill and snow fences which have been around the area for a few months) To me this would put it around 1:00PM EDT. And the pix of the Linz brother with the briefcase in front of the Lincoln Monument has just a small shadow directly under him.  But if it is only a little after noon in Washington, does this give the teams enough time to be at the Shoe House in York first thing in the morning (6:00AM) drive to Monocacy National Battlefield to do the Detour and then drive on to Washington DC arriving at noon to get the clue for the Roadblock at the Capitol. Are we missing something?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 10:22:06 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2005, 10:32:28 AM »
It looks to me that the TAR footage does not take place in the historically accurate location marked above.  I think they had to perform the "rescue" pseudo reenactment at a different but nearby part of Monocacy Park.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2005, 10:34:03 AM »
Here is a close up of that spot. 

The arrow would be the direction that the camera is looking.