Author Topic: TAR8 EP2~"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?"  (Read 34706 times)

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR8 EP2~"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?"
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2005, 11:14:59 AM »
RMAX Spoiler for tonights show in EP 3 title !!

Well, my middle name is actually Walter, so call me "Wal-derr" but what was the spoiler for Ep 2 in Ep 3 title?

Wish I'd changed my MW pick to the Rogers being eliminated.  I had them going in two other polls, just not in the MW game.  Sigh...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2005, 11:41:38 AM »
The spoiler was that we had the promo for EP 3 thanks to banzai at 7:00 or so , the spoiler was that we knew what teams were safe ..the Paolos and Rodgers were almost invisable in the new promo ...I thought for sure the Paolo's would be eliminated but never spotted the Paolo's deep in the back of the bus .. it was too late to change my picks.. ah well its just a game and fun to guess right ot wrong   :nods:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2005, 11:56:25 AM »
Actually the Paolos were saved by the Rogers.  Rogers got to Middleburg, VA first, started the Battlefield challenge and then changed to the oil challenge after only carrying one poor wounded Rebel.  So they put themselves behind by going over and starting all over again with the oil.

So maybe, just maybe, the spoiler leaked by the Blacks in their post-race interview is on the right track. The Blacks said that the bonded best with the Rogers and Aiellos. Probably at the sequestered losers villa since otherwise they would not have much time to bond over the one night camping out in the rain in Philadelphia. So does that mean that Tony and his three son-in-laws are next? CBS promo has the Aiellos spinning their wheels in the mud, but this may be typical CBS Misdirection.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2005, 12:58:45 PM »
Ah, the power of CBS and The Amazing Race.  Hire a full complement of reenactors to put on a show for them in Middleburg just for TAR. But what really shows their power is the ability to always have convenient parking spaces for the nine SUV's whereever they happened to want to stop in Washington, DC.  For anyone who has never been here on a Saturday afternoon at the height of the Tourist Season, this just is an almost impossiblity. Parking spaces are few and far between; and to see the parking lot at the Tidal Basin almost devoid of parked cars is just too much. Ah but you can notice a white sawhorse here and there, a police car conveniently parked here and there and special "no parking today" paper tags on some of the parking meters.

Moreover, they were able to keep their presence in the nation's capital completely hidden from the press. This is a real accomplishment in this town to be able to keep anything quiet and out of the press or off the airways. Just doesn't happen.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2005, 05:24:43 PM »
Actually the Paolos were saved by the Rogers.  Rogers got to Middleburg, VA first, started the Battlefield challenge and then changed to the oil challenge after only carrying one poor wounded Rebel.  So they put themselves behind by going over and starting all over again with the oil.

So maybe, just maybe, the spoiler leaked by the Blacks in their post-race interview is on the right track. The Blacks said that the bonded best with the Rogers and Aiellos. Probably at the sequestered losers villa since otherwise they would not have much time to bond over the one night camping out in the rain in Philadelphia. So does that mean that Tony and his three son-in-laws are next? CBS promo has the Aiellos spinning their wheels in the mud, but this may be typical CBS Misdirection.

No Rogers arrived after the Paolo's and from the looks of it they were dead last.  If you noticed there was no "Look there is the other team" from either the Paolo's or Rogers, so i think Rogers arrived adn everyone was already done with the detour.  I honestly think had this been a race AROUND THE WORLD the Rogers would have done very good becuase most of it would have been cab rides. 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2005, 10:05:04 PM »
Puddin
I just realized CBS changed the promo from " There Are No Pitstops "  to " Every Second Counts "
???That's right! I just checked the storyline at the CBS website:
After finishing their task, Teams would be handed a regimental flag that they had to carry down a winding road to the Pit Stop for this leg of the race.
So was there a midcourse correction, or is it just a case of one CBS cubicle not talking to another?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2005, 12:51:03 AM »
things that make you go hmmmm