Author Topic: Amazing Race Wins Again  (Read 5000 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Amazing Race Wins Again
« on: September 18, 2005, 07:48:10 PM »
Once again TAR sweeps away the competition to win the Emmy for best Reality/Competition program. It is getting monotonus, but I wonder if the streak will continue after The Family Edition this year???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race Wins Again
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
 {|

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 11:42:49 PM »
Geez, how did you manage to catch that Puddin?  They let him speak for a whole 12 seconds  |(.  And they didn't even go through the five nominations either.

But still:    |#'
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 01:25:10 AM »
Congratulations to the Amazing Race.  That sure was an interesting way to introduce the category and nominees with the blue man group.  they sure got my attention.  I am glad they used Uchenna and Joyce in the trailers for the show.  Who were all those people that came up to accept the award?  Don't tell me it is all the people that work on the show?  Was Phil there, I coulnd't see his face.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 08:54:14 AM »
Congratulations to the Amazing Race.  That sure was an interesting way to introduce the category and nominees with the blue man group.  they sure got my attention.  I am glad they used Uchenna and Joyce in the trailers for the show.  Who were all those people that came up to accept the award?  Don't tell me it is all the people that work on the show?  Was Phil there, I coulnd't see his face.

Yup, Phi was there (in the right-hand background of one vidcap above).  I believe all those people are/were producers.  I guess it takes a village to produce the show!  I believe it was Bertram Van Munster who gave the acceptance speech.

The previews for Family TAR are looking good, so it may have a shot for next year's Emmies.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 11:13:32 AM »
congrats TAR !!!!!!

Love this ...*SWOON*
( The Girls were from America's top Model )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:43:07 AM »
'Race' officially a reality juggernaut

By JOSEF ADALIAN, Sun., Sep. 18, 2005, 10:24pm PT

Bertram Van Munster and Elise Doganieri accept the reality-competition Emmy for 'The Amazing Race.'

"The Amazing Race" started out as an underdog. Now it's turning into an Emmy dynasty.
The Jerry Bruckheimer/Bert van Munster reality skein won its third consecutive statuette for reality competition programming Sunday. Feat puts "Race" in the august company of such Emmy stalwarts as "The West Wing" and "Frasier."

What's more, the win caps off what's been an amazing year for "Race," which last season finally transformed itself from a ratings also-ran into a full-fledged Tuesday night hit for CBS.

"The audience has finally found us," Bruckheimer said backstage after collecting his award.

According to van Munster, he and his production team "make a specific effort to do something worthwhile" when filming "Race," rather than simply look for the big moments of TV-friendly drama common in most reality skeins. What's more, he said the show's success stems in part from the fact that it is "a true reality show."

"We are just as surprised at the outcome as the audience," van Munster said.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=emmys2005&nav=news&content=article&articleID=VR1117929296

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:49:12 PM »
Third Emmy gong for Kiwi Keoghan
20 September 2005 

KIWI EMMY: New Zealander Phil Keoghan, right, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer hold their Emmy Awards for outstanding reality/competition won for The Amazing Race. The Emmy's are currently being awarded at a star-studded bash in Los Angeles.
Reuters

SYDNEY: Christchurch-born television presenter Phil Keoghan has won another amazing race - a third Emmy for hosting the best reality television show.

The Los Angeles-based Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, picked up the award for a third successive year when the symbols of American television supremacy were handed out in his adopted home town yesterday.

The programme, which follows couples undertaking tasks around the world, saw off challenges from Donald Trump's The Apprentice, Survivor, American Idol and Project Runaway.

Keoghan has fronted the show, now in its sixth series, since its inception.

The Emmys just kept on coming for show, which has a further kiwi connection in the form of Queenstown producer Julian Grimmond and his business partner, Bob Parr.

The Amazing Race team have won the Emmy for outstanding reality programme prime time category for three years running and this year's award was for the race episodes filmed in South Africa and Botswana.

"We're all over the moon. Three in a row is extraordinary, it's just fantastic," Grimmond said from the governor's ball last night.

TV hit show Desperate Housewives cast members Eva Longoria and Teri Hatcher were mingling alongside names such as movie star Christian Slater and Star Trek legend William Shatner.

But asked who he was rubbing shoulders with, Grimmond replied: "My daughter, Bella, sitting here looking absolutely stunning in her vintage honey dew princess-style dress by Dunedin designer Tanya Carlson.

"She's sitting here with a table full of Emmys listening to her favourite band the Black Eyed Peas playing," Grimmond said.

One of just four or five lucky children among the 3000-odd guests at the governor's ball, Bella won over mum Frith O'Hagan for a spot at this year's ceremony. Ms O'Hagan stayed home with baby daughter Lucia.

Grimmond was set to hit the post-Emmys parties last night.

AdvertisementAdvertisement"You can get into any party you want with one of these (an Emmy). We'll probably head to the E (TV channel) party up at the Mondrian up on Sunset Boulevard or the HBO party," he said.

"We're all really excited - we were up against some very good competition and at the end of the day the members of the academy voted for us."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3415706a1860,00.html

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 03:56:12 AM »
 {**}

Congrats TAR on the Emmy win =]/
The tribe has spoken....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 02:12:58 PM »
I made a little Video of Ucheena & Joyce on the red carpet at the Emmys  {|

http://www.jusspress.com/day.php?userid=23832&currentDate=20050922&currentTime=150618

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 02:24:11 PM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:33:15 PM by puddin »

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 03:06:45 PM »
I think Phil shoulda worn his leather pants ;)
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 03:15:58 PM »
So that we could see his MEATBALLS !!! |#'

btw~ Gretchen sends hugs to " the gang " she & Meredith are having a good time traveling China!!
They visited theTerra Cotta Warriors and were recognized !!
:congrats: Gretchen & Meredith for being apart of  Emmy Winning TAR7 :cheer:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 09:51:46 PM »
Van Munster & Doganieri's Amazing Race
Husband-and-wife duo racking up Emmys

By Jim Benson -- Broadcasting & Cable, 9/26/2005

Bertram van Munster's trophy case is getting crowded. The executive producer of CBS' The Amazing Race just collected his third consecutive prime time Emmy, along with partner Jerry Bruckheimer, for Outstanding Reality/Competition Show. He can put it with the seven others the show has collected since 2003, along with a Producers Guild Award it earned earlier this year.

Race, which starts its eighth edition Tuesday, is a runaway hit—which means van Munster can be very selective about the projects he chooses. “Taking on a lot of business is easy, but taking millions of dollars from the networks and failing is not what I want to do,” he says. “If I take their money, I have to be 100% sure that I'll be successful.”

Such caution might sound odd for a guy who has built a show based on risk-taking. But Race is a very personal thing to van Munster and his wife, Elise Doganieri, who have painstakingly built the franchise since they brainstormed the concept four years ago.

Van Munster is, in fact, scouting around for the next reality hit. Although Jonathan Littman, who runs Bruckheimer's production company, says they're not necessarily looking to do more reality, they are eager to work with van Munster again. “If Bert comes to us with something, we'll probably do it,” Littman says.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6260344.html?verticalid=311&industry=People&industryid=1032