Author Topic: One Man's Story about Yuengling and Survivor  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
One Man's Story about Yuengling and Survivor
« on: September 15, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »
My first Survivor breakdown of the new season.  Enjoy....................

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/54/2/
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: One Man's Story about Yuengling and Survivor
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:41:08 PM »
Awesome Trevor Great read !! Margaret Rocks  .. I already picked her as my fav through bios and articles!!

]:,

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 01:31:39 AM »
gd read.  thanks trevor.  cant wait till the damn series comes 2 Aussie.
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 06:46:47 AM »
Margaret was definitely impressive last night.  I would say that her and Gary Hogeboom have to be considered the favorites right now. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline *D*

• RFF Full Member
  • Reality?...What's reality?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 07:10:41 AM »
I have to admit that I only caught the last 30 minutes of the show. I was really disappointed that I didn't get to see it from the first minute. Anyway, thanks Trevor for your breakdown of the show. I'm not really sure who I'll be pulling for this season yet. I need to watch a few more shows. I remember Steph from last season and I remember that she had a really hard time. She actually had to spend the night by herself because all of her tribe was voted out. That would suck. Anyways, look forward to following along on this board. I'll need something to keep me from going into BB withdrawals. ]][

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 08:01:19 AM »
As usual, the first episode makes it hard to figure out the players.  We're priviliged already to know Steph and Bobby Jon (I like them both and I hope they last a while).  Other standouts include Gary, Margaret, Brandon, and Danni (at least those are the ones I remember).  I cringed when Steph began with "Here's what I learned on Survivor...." as that could get old fast, but apparently she provided some worthwhile advice about handling a canoe and it may have made the difference in winning the Immunity Challenge (that, and the fact that Nakum's men were still suffering from dehydration effects).   Both challenges (if you count the initial trek as a challenge) were very close, so this season is shaping up to be a more even game than Pulau.

One funny thought: even though at Tribal Council, Jeff commented that the ruins were real, it still looked like a set!  Maybe the lighting made the ruins look, uh, less than real.

I felt bad for Jim, but his boot was the obvious one, considering his injury.  Previews for next week make it look not so good for Blake.

Offline *D*

• RFF Full Member
  • Reality?...What's reality?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 09:31:48 AM »
Yeah, I knew when Jim was laying on the ground  at that tree that he going home. He didn't look to be in the best physical shape. Also, I agree that it hurt him when he came to tribal council with a homemade sling. Also, that he went into detail about having a torn bicep. He may have been hoping to go home after finding out how tough it was going to be.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »
Thanks *D*.  Definitely watch Survivor as it should be able to help you through your Big Brother withdrawals.

I agree with you Rmax.  From what I can tell, Blake is a goner.  He's lucky that Jim was in such bad shape yesterday, or else he might have been sent home first.  People always want to avoid conflict if at all possible, and if somebody is obviously hurt, that person always goes home.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 11:21:52 AM »
When I think Survivor I will now think of Febreeze moments  8-)'
this was sweet ..

Offline tenboard

• Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 11:38:24 AM »
you know,  trevor...

I would like to make this yr's survivor a true bonding experience with you all...

I think I shall get me a pizza and beer each survivor night...

I don't think I can do 7 beers in the hr...but I am willing to work on it.... :]
no matter how much you dislike your mother-in-law,  you must never set her on fire..................ernest wilde

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »
Great show last night! Trevor well done! :) I love margaret,and of course Stephanie, bobbi jon  ]:,
Having some Spring Fun

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »
Thank you careybear!!!!!!!  Margaret is going to be a big factor this season.  I moved her up behind Gary Hogeboom in my list of contenders for the title.

Nice Tenboard!  As a message board we could start a Survivor tradition.  I know that I do have my own tradition and that is a medium pepperoni pizza (I do cheat sometimes and go with mushroom) and a twelve pack of Yuengling (finishing the entire twelver is not required).  Yuengling is getting easier to find, it used to only be found in Pennsylvania.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 12:38:49 AM »
Great Breakdown Trevor.  I always enjoy reading your thoughts of the show.  I am pleased that Steph is on the show again as I really liked her last time.  I hope she can last awhile on the show.  Judd and his mudbath on the beach was exactly what I expected of him.  I told the kids that he is the meathead of the show and he should be entertaining to watch.  Brandon also got my interest.  Gary is definitely going to be another one to cheer for.  I can hardly wait for the next one.  :]

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 12:45:18 AM »
One funny thought: even though at Tribal Council, Jeff commented that the ruins were real, it still looked like a set!  Maybe the lighting made the ruins look, uh, less than real.

I know. The set's real, but it doesn't look real when all of the lights are surrounding it. {l{ The Tribal Council set still looks cool. And very ironic...
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 10:49:13 AM »
Thanks bathfizzy!

Judd will definitely be a meathead, reminds me a little of Bubba from Survivor Vanuatu.

The tribal council set definitely looks surreal.  I agree that the lighting they are using on the ruins gives it a really, really cool look.