Author Topic: Attempt at a non-spoiler season....  (Read 7622 times)

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV is stressful.
    • ColumbusRacing
Attempt at a non-spoiler season....
« on: September 15, 2005, 06:20:14 PM »
I am tired of trying to keep up with spoilers, so I am going to do this season without them. So if i am on your team in any game, I apologize in advance. :))
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Attempt at a non-spoiler season....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 06:41:38 PM »
good for you tina  {|
It gave me an Idea ..i wonder if we cant start a Spoiler league for MW if its not too late  *(^

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:07:52 AM »
i wish i had known that Tina.  i would have joined the games you are in.  i didnt join any games this year because i decided to do the same as you this year.  i have not read a single spoiler.  Last year i got so tired of trying to keep up with it all that i decided it spoiled the fun of the show for me.  This year i am going spoilerless.  All i have actually read so far is the bios at CBS.  i am going to see if it makes it more fun for me again.  If not i will go back to spoilers next season, lol.  i have not even read any posts here yet.  This was my first one.  Well i have read posts here, i mean just no Survivor or TAR ones.  Going into both of those shows with no spoilers.

Good Luck on the games everyone...

Hugs, t

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:10:12 AM »
Good for you TIna!!

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV is stressful.
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 10:23:37 AM »
I actually found that I am more anxious to watch the show without knowing whats going to happen. I plan on doing the same for TAR too, just don't have the time or sanity to keep up anymore. LOL
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:28:05 AM »
I applaud you guys for going spoiler less this season.  I don't have the will power or whatever you call it.  I have to know in advance, it makes the show more interesting for me.  It's not that I don't like surprises, but I find it fun watching the show and also knowing what could possibly happen (if the spoiler is accurate).  When I go to a concert, I prefer to know the set list ahead of time----I enjoy the concert more plus I will already know if they will be singing my favourite song instead of hoping to hear it.  |#'

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 03:38:28 AM »
I've decided to do the same...I can't enjoy the show knowing whats
going to happen. I'm excited to see TAR start this week  :]
The tribe has spoken....

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »
Given the events of Ep 2, even the spoilers are un-spoiled!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 12:22:36 PM »
Yeah, I love it when spoilers are wrong, and we are shocked, but does anyone really care that Morgan is gone? LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 02:15:07 PM »
Naw she had a rat face  :nods:

I'm not giving up .. I already have some ideas for EP3 and plan on rewatching both EP 1&2 this weekend..  must spoil must spoil </]

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 02:22:57 PM »
Good for you, puddin.  Let me know and good ideas you come up with. ]][
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 04:28:51 PM »
Naw she had a rat face  :nods:

I'm not giving up .. I already have some ideas for EP3 and plan on rewatching both EP 1&2 this weekend..  must spoil must spoil </]
"Never give up, never surrender!" (TM "Galaxy Quest")

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »
 :cheeky:  ^^^^^^^^
I'm thrilled the spoilers were wrong  |#' ...make me work for those points  :tada:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »
Oh yeah and I had Cindy to read Tree-Mail ( first guess which was right ) then changed it to Brook ..for no reason at aLL  (%#

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 05:04:04 PM »
I actually found that I am more anxious to watch the show without knowing whats going to happen. I plan on doing the same for TAR too, just don't have the time or sanity to keep up anymore. LOL

I'm doing the same this season and am enjoying Survivor a lot more. :nods: Gonna do the same for TAR.
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 06:42:28 PM »
 Whats going on ,is this Mersaydeez fault were we over spoiled ?? I feel so lonely in spoilers..guess I'll just try spoil myself   B:)  B:)  :)*.

Spooky  }bH{ I hope you and your loved ones are safe  ]&] _*<

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 02:15:33 AM »
Good for you T, Tina & others for going spoiless.  I've been tempted to do the same for the same reasons...takes too much time reading.  I've been shocked at myself for going w/  the spoilers b/c I love surprises & the unpredictable.  I like trying to reason things out, but of course, I also like seeing big scores!  ((^   Since the season's already begun, I'll stay w/ the spoilers for Survivor.  I'm not playing any TAR games.  Started playing Yahoo's Apprentice game, but not gonna continue with it.  (%#

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »
In my post above, I said "I'll stay w/ the spoilers for Survivor."  But effective THIS week, I am NOT going to wrack my brains out & spend time I don't have reading here  & then end up being wrong. 

The prob: Peeps here say they are going to vote for whoever for whatever reason.  There was a poll for EP 4 in that topic.  I did not vote, but looked at the results.  As of late afternoon last Thurs, only Brian & Margaret had votes.  Blake had none.  Yet, most if not all of those who voted picked Blake in certain games.  In my games, I went by what I read in that topic & picked Brian.  bzzzzt. 

Well anyway, I feel as if outwit/outplay/outlast games are being played right here at RFF...and I just happen to NOT be "in the loop".  I hate being played like a fiddle, and NO, I would NOT make a good Survivor contestant...b/c I'm too honest. 

If I sound pissed...well you're right...I am!  We don't have Snewser to help us & I don't have time to go researching endless sites to get a good sense of who's next to get the boot.  I love to see big scores on my rosters just like everyone else...but it's not happening.  If my scores are gonna be low, then I'd rather they be low NOT b/c I've feel "played", but b/c I'm winging it and NOT cheating.  I dropped Lancer's Pickem game & now in the process of rejoining the RFF tribe as a non cheater.  I'll be the only non cheater, but what the heck...I'll just do it b/c I love Lancer's game.  I'll keep playing the cbs fantasy game & hope for the best.

Ruday

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2005, 06:22:31 PM »
No one has any idea. We haven't had a boot list handed to us this season as we have had in the other seasons.

We don't have the spoilers, so we all have to get over it!

I think that this site is the best for spoilers because we have quite a few people (puddin to be one) discussing the spoilers from everywhere. You just have to read thru the thread. Its much better than going to 50 sites to get the info that you get here. I feel out of the loop too, but that is my fault for not getting right in and discussing the spoilers.

We don't have snewser, we don't have a lot of people, but everyone is working very hard to take over for those people, and trying thier best. No one has the big points on thier games because we haven't had the season handed to us!

Rob

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 07:25:36 PM »
Awww i wish i hadn't read this thread now, i havent seen the show yet and i have been trying so hard not to see the booted persons name.  i have been keeping up with this post though so when i saw it on top i read it... dumb... 

i really have enjoyed the show allot more this season without the spoiling.  i have known one person booted because i am dumb and i come to this board and the name was in the title of the first post and i will know this one but i dont know why or anything.  It has just made the show more like fun for me instead of work.  Makes it more enjoyable and less stressful when i dont have to worry about getting points.

Good luck Rudy with your not spoiling ( and to everyone else playing the games also).

How is the non spoiling working out for the rest of you?

Hugs, t

ps Is there any way that we can have a rule on the non spoiler board about putting the name of the booted person in the name of the post?  i mean on the non spoiler board, if you go to the spoiler board then of course that is your choice and you deserve to see it, lol.  Like maybe on the night of the show when the booted one is announced maybe the title of the post could be like "______ was booted." or "The booted player is....".  i know there are others besides me that dont get to see the show on Thur night and then others like Rudy that dont get to see it for 2 or 3 hrs after the central and eastern people.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 12:05:24 AM »
Ruday , every week i spend my own time  to post the picks from across the boards ? why do I bother if no one reads it ? I guess I'm just wasting my time ,  :roll:

..gee whiz ,using simple logic makes me think Blake was the obvious choice for the boot  ..don't ya think?  call a cop :whatever:

heres what was posted
Sucks picks
rc: yaks
IC naks
boot : BLAKE

MESSHALL
rc Yaks
ic naks
boot Blake

TDT
rc Yaks
IC naks
boot BLAKE

ACME
rc yaks
ic naks
boot BLAKE

Corvis
rc yaks
ic naks
boot BLAKE

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 09:27:49 PM »
But puddin, you aren't wasting your time.  I do read 'em, but I don't recall seeing that one.  I just now looked & no find.  If I had seen it, I would've voted Blake. But when I read the "S11 Ep 5 Boot Poll" topic, only Texan suggested Blake...an injury may cause his boot.   Everyone else who posted there picked Brian or Marg.  Between those two, I picked Brian b/c I knew from what you posted that Yaxha lost the IC. 

BTW, I'm staying with Lancer's game as a spoiler b/c I can't change midstream.  

And I'm not mad at you, sweetie...please know that!  I appreciate you and all your hard work here.  I'm sorry for making you think I was mad at you.  :':')
  }bH{
Ruday