Author Topic: Media Whore  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
Media Whore
« on: September 10, 2003, 10:14:21 PM »
I've created a league for us over at Realiiity.com

http://www.realiiity.com/

http://www.realiiity.com/mediiiawhore/survivor/main.asp

League Name-Reality Fan Forum

Password-banana

Edited to include website....Mama
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 07:54:15 PM by Mamaschatzi »
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:Media Whore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 09:13:34 PM »
Hey Mama, how do you play this game?  Is it hard?

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 09:48:51 PM »
This will be my first season playing this game also.  I think it's just about answering different questions each week.

Here are the rules:

Mediiia Whore Rules

Getting started
Sign up to play, and login. You will be asked several questions about the upcoming episode of Survivor.  Answer the questions correctly to earn Minutes of Fame (points for those not following along). You will be awarded a predefined amount of Minutes of Fame based on your answers.  
You will also be asked to make your very own "Team" of Survivors.  Ideally, you'd pick the Survivors who will score the highest based on the criteria described below.  Each week, the Survivors will be graded by the Surviiivor.com webmasters, and will be awarded Minutes of Fame accordingly.  You will receive Minutes of Fame for the points awarded to your Survivor Team Members each week.

How points are acquired
After each show the Survivors will be awarded points based on the following criteria:

a. The Seven Deadly Survivor Sins (worth between -70 to +70)
This is the subjective portion of the exam. Through hours (ok, minutes) of critical analysis, Mediiia Whore has figured out the Seven Deadly Survivor Sins that will get a contestant booted: Contestants that are Lazy, Dumb, Unpleasant, Weak, Honorable, those who are Takers or who are the Center Of Attention are usually the ones that get booted. Contestants displaying these traits will lose up to -10 points for each sin.

At the other end of the spectrum are the Heavenly Survivor Virtues: Contestants who are Industrious, Smart, Charming, Strong, Devious, Providers that fly Under The Radar seem to last the longest. Survivors displaying these traits will earn up to +10 points for each virtue.

Here are some examples:

1. Lazy/Industrious - Do they work hard to catch pigs like Michael or just decorate the camp like Nick? Do they rub sticks together to start a fire like Keith or do they just look on and pretend to provide inspiration by playing bongos? Do they sleep in all day like the Mallrats of Samburu, or do they run to the watering hole at the crack of dawn like Frank?

2. Dumb/Smart - Dirk and his wondertwin Sean were not quite the braintrust, which didn't help their chances. While Tina, on the other hand, knew just how to mommy her way into Colby's back pocket. Brandon played smart and engineered an opportunity for his tribe to reclaim the advantage after the merge, but then he turned stupid and got himself booted three days later.

3. Unpleasant/Charming - Jerri and Stacey did not make many friends with their attitudes, and even Brandon and Kim P. wanted to ditch Lindsey. On the other hand, Gervase got by on his personality.

4. Center Of Attention/Under The Radar - People who drew attention to themselves, like Kimmi, didn't fare as well as those who hung low like Tina. Linda's "Mother Africa" antics made her a target of the Mallrats.

5. Weak/Strong - Colby long outlasted Mitchell. Kel's weakness was beef jerky. Silas' strength made him an attractive addition to either of the Samburu alliances.

6. Honorable/Devious - Gretchen was honorable and look where it got her. Rich and Tina were both devious and it paid off. Teresa knew when to keep her mouth shut and it got her farther than any other member of her tribe.

7. Taker/Provider - Rich and Mike scored points with the others by providing food, while hours and hours of "fishing" got Dirk and Kel nowhere. A couple of puny fruits weren't enough to save Clarence after Beangate and the double-dipped cherries.

b. Wildcard (-30 to +30)
The webmasters have the discretion to award or penalize a Survivor up to 30 points each week based on entirely subjective criteria.  (Those pissing us off are in trouble, while those making us laugh are in for a treat.) These wildcard points are non-negotiable, and we do not accept bribes.  

c. Reward Challenge (worth +10 to +30)

1. Team Challenges: You get +10 points for each of your team members that are on the tribe that wins the reward challenge.

2. Individual Challenges: You get +30 points if one of your Survivors wins the individual reward challenge.

d. Immunity Challenge (worth +20 to +50)

1. Team Challenges: You get +20 points for each of your team members that are on the tribe that wins the immunity challenge.

2. Individual Challenges: You get +50 points if one of your Survivors wins the immunity challenge.

e. Votes Against (-10)

Your Survivor team members lose -10 points for each vote they receive at Tribal Council.

f. Boot Penalty (-30)

The Survivor being booted will receive a -30 point reduction in their score.

Oh, no! I picked a loser to have on my team! Now I'm screwed.
No worries. When one of your team members is voted off you may choose another one for free. You can change before then if you're desparate, but note that you'll lose points for each change you make.

Are you fickle?
Make a bad decision? Receive some new information? You can change your answers to the questions at any time without being penalized.

I won! I won! I am the spoiler extroidinaire. Now what do I get?
Nothing!! Bwahaha. Nothing that is, except the lovely knowledge that you wasted a lot of time and energy when you should have been working.

My name's Mark Burnett and I live in Montana. Can I play?
Sure, Mark, you can play but you just can't win. No one who works for CBS or Mark Burnett Productions can win. Same goes for present or former Brain Trust members and Surviiivor.com Mods. No prizes for you! Play your heart out though. Plus, you have to be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States to play. Those outside the US may play and have their places noted in the standings, but are not eligible to win any prizes.

But its not faaaaair!
If you think we're biased, elitist, unfair, rude, the spawns of satan, or downright dirty rotten stinking cheaters you don't gotta play. Hey, want your money back? Oh wait, that's right. So play or don't, our lives will go on. By registering to play you agree that you've read and understand all of the above rules and will refrain from complaining and/or whining about them.  

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 03:05:48 PM »
Hey Mama, how do you play this game?  Is it hard?

It's a pretty fun game... However,  the webmasters have a "sense of humor" to their questions quite often and it is very subjective.  There are two parts to it...

Part 1:

Questions asked by the webmaster.  these are usually similar to the type that survivornews asks.

Part 2:

Your "Team"

In this part, you choose a team, starting with 4 players, and then whittling down to 1 at the end.  These players are then rated based on the "7 deadly survivor sins"  This part is very subjective and if the webmaster doesn't like a particular contestant, they may not score very well or cost you points.

All in all, it is a good game and quite fun.

A Sample of the questions last year:

Remember guys teams go down to one this episode

Who is the Ultimate Survivor? (150 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
Who is the runner up? (125 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
Who gets third place? (100 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
Who gets fourth place? (75 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
Who wins the final four immunity challenge? (68 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
Who wins the final three immunity challenge? (68 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matt Rob
What most resembles the final four immunity challenge? (42 Minutes of Fame) Board game Combination of old challenges Endurance: Hand on an Idol/something similar Endurance: Stand on a pole/plank Endurance: Torture device (see: S5) Jury trivia New obstacle course Non-jury trivia Puzzle game Random draw Something not mentioned here Survival skills: fire building/fishing/etc Target shooting Target your enemies (like mask smash)
What most resembles the final three immunity challenge? (42 Minutes of Fame) Board game Combination of old challenges Endurance: Hand on an Idol/something similar Endurance: Stand on a pole/plank Endurance: Torture device (see: S5) Jury trivia New obstacle course Non-jury trivia Puzzle game Random draw Something not mentioned here Survival skills: fire building/fishing/etc Target shooting Target your enemies (like mask smash)
Will we see a tie vote? (42 Minutes of Fame) No Yes
Who makes the final two? (49 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does not make the final two? (49 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Dave vote for to win Survivor? (18 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Deena vote for to win Survivor? (18 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Alex vote for to win Survivor? (18 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Christy vote for to win Survivor? (18 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Heidi vote for to win Survivor? (18 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Butch vote for to win Survivor? (28 Minutes of Fame) Butch is not on the jury Jenna Matthew Rob
Who does Jenna vote for to win Survivor? (28 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna is not on the jury Matthew Rob
Who does Matthew vote for to win Survivor? (28 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew is not on the jury Rob
Who does Rob vote for to win Survivor? (28 Minutes of Fame) Butch Jenna Matthew Rob is not on the jury
Who gives a Sue Hawk-ish angry jury speech? (42 Minutes of Fame) Alex Butch Christy Dave Deena Heidi Jenna Matthew No one (sissies) Rob
Will the final two be asked to pick a number? (27 Minutes of Fame) No Yes
Will Probst plug the location of Survivor 7? (35 Minutes of Fame) No Yes
Who will not get asked a question at the reunion show? (35 Minutes of Fame) Alex Butch Christy Daniel Dave Deena Heidi Janet Jeanne Jenna Joanna Matthew Rob Roger Ryan Shawna
Will we *finally* find out who smuggled the granola bar? (42 Minutes of Fame) It was planted by CBS to cause discord No Yes
Will a Riii mod appear on television? (42 Minutes of Fame) Yes, and they rush the stage Yes, Butterfly Yes, Chrispco Yes, Elgin Yes, Ellipsiiis Yes, Emjaycue Yes, Emptysee Yes, PinkRoziz Yes, RandomGuy Yes, Smonahan Yes, Survivorulez An ex-Riii mod does No

I do not have a sample rating from last year, so I cannot show you what part 2 looks like.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 10:56:35 AM »
This one looks fun...however you can only be in on one team in this game so if you are on other message boards, you must pick one.

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 10:58:11 AM »
This one looks fun...however you can only be in on one team in this game so if you are on other message boards, you must pick one.

Or have 2 different names... (but that is a lot of work... LOL)

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 06:33:37 PM »
Okay, I signed up for Mediiia Whore and Spoiler Island over at blows.  I think that is the max, I can do unless, I find something else, that looks really good.

Now, I have to find the time to research my picks. LOL

Later,
Snickers

P.S. Almost time to watch BB4
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Results Media whore
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 11:37:20 AM »
Here are the results of the Mediia Whore game...I do nto think we have a team rank because we only have 4 players... Does anyone else want to join this game with us?

League Rank --
Average Round Score 489
League Round Rank --
Cumulative Scores

Member Score Rank
TexanSurvivor 1544 1
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 1526 2
weecama 1471 3
Mamaschatzi 1418 4

Round 1 Scores
Member Score Rank
TexanSurvivor 544 1
Snickers_Rise_2_Fame 526 2
weecama 471 3
Mamaschatzi 418 4

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 03:51:04 PM »
I would, texan, however, I'm already a member of a private team, so it gives me this when I try.

You are already a member of a private league, let's not be too ambitious.

Sorry.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 07:11:40 PM »
puddin?  Is that your beautiful cat?  I want to just give him/her a squeeze!