Author Topic: TAR8 Ep 1 Title " Go Mommy, Go! We can Beat Them "  (Read 24845 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR8 Ep 1 Title " Go Mommy, Go! We can Beat Them "
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 05:35:12 PM »
Rough Roads Ahead
Just because there are kids along doesn't mean The Amazing Race: Family Edition is all child's play.
by Lisa Chambers

The Amazing Race: Family Edition
premiere Tuesday, 9/27, 9 PM/ET, CBS

When you hear that this year's edition of The Amazing Race features families, including kids as young as 9, you might expect a kinder, gentler version of the fast-moving trek around the world. A reality show in which tidy nuclear family units perform simpler challenges in fewer exotic locales. But you would be wrong.
"Families come in many forms in 2005, and we've taken full advantage of that" says excecutive producer Bertram van Munster. The eighth running of the race includes 10 teams of four people related by bloodor marriage, but there are only two teams with small kids. The rest are older teens and adults. And the show, which kicks off in New York this week, will go to more than 50 cities (including stops in two countries the race has never gone to before) over 25 days with the families spending more than 600 hours of quality time together.
Some kid-friendly concessions hae been made, however, including a safety advocate to check that the challenges are suitable for children, and van Munster admits there are some dangerous locations they will avoid. One country they plan to take more advantage of? The U.S.A. As one crew member says: "It's Amazing Race Americana." Let the game begin!

Day 1, Noon
Forty people are lining up beneath the Brooklyn Bridge for the start, and the scene looks familiar-the first season kicked off in New York in 2001, but host Phil Keoghan is struck by the differences, "When we shot Amazing Race 1, the Twin Towers were standing right there." He points to the altered skyline. "The world has changed." And so has the race.
For one thing, the casting calls drew 80,000 people, on a par with last season's turnout, but it was difficult for some auditioners to come up with the required four family members. "There was a new level of excitement," Keoghan says. "By doubling the number of people, we've certainly made it feel as challenging as Season 1." Then there are the kids. Some may fear that bringing them along will slow the race down, but van Munster isn't worried. "Kids can do a lot of things we can't," he says. "They can go throught a crowd faster; they can get away with more things."

12:31 PM
They're off! The teams race to a line of black GMC trucks, but, in a break from tradition, the first destination is a sporting goods store in downtown Manhattan to pick up camping gear. What, no mad dash to the nearest airport? "We're definitely going out of the country," van Munster insists. "I personally don't want to be just here, I want to go other places!"
Other basics of the race aren't changing, adds Elise Doganieri series cocreator, co-executive producer and van Munster's wife. "We still have our Detour, Roadblock, Fast Forward, Yield," she says. But the challenges may vary based on how many people are required to participate.

3:45 PM
The Bransen family dash into Washington Crossing Historic Park in Pennsylvania, the point along the Delaware River where George Washington made his famous crossing. For the first physical challenge, teams must row a boat across the fast-flowing river to pick up a colonial American flag on the other side. The Aiello team, Tony and his three sons-in-law arrive but take a few minutes before shoving off. Grumbles a crew member, "George Washington is giving them too much instruction," referring to a history reenactor, dressed like the father of our country, who'll ride with each team. Finally, they're paddling with the unimpressive George W. manning the bow, hollering, "Stroke! Stroke!"
Says van Munster, "We're using historical sites and moments for humor, drama and visually spectacular locations" And hey, who says TV can't be educational? Still, the challenge is not all smooth sailing: Several racers end up in the river pushing their boats along.

6 PM
As the teams set up their tents in a large field outside Phladelphia under threatening skies, van Munster explains the thought process behind the first leg: "Right now we're in the United States, country of plenty, and we give them as little as possible. The have to sleep in a tent and if they have to use the Porta Potti," he points across the field, "they're about 200 yards away in the rain."
The teams are too busy meeting each other-they're not allowed to talk to one another before the start-to worry about the devious Porta Potti placement. "Where are y'all from?" Renee Rogers, racing with her husband and grown children, asks Linda Weaver, a reent widow competing with her three kids. Weaver's daughter Rebecca groans, "Wouldn't this be lame if it's a trip around the U.S.? I'm ready to get out of here!"
Later, a matchmaking Renee tries to introduce her Brock to Lindsay and Lauren Bransen, but he mumbles and walks away. "He's the Cajun snake," predicts one crew member." He's got some Creole he'll pull out when he gets mad." The Aiello team tries to figure but how all four men will sleep in the small tent. "You can spoon each other," Doganieri suggests.

DAY 2, 10 AM
Spoiler alert!
For the first detour, on a scenic farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, the teams must choose between hauling an Amish buggy along a 16-mile route or assembling a minibarn with a waterwheel. The Weavers arrive and go for the buggies, but later change their minds, the buggies weight 500 pounds. The Aiellos go for the buggies, "Oh, it's brutal" says Matt.
Van Munster wants to observe the buggy race more closely. "I need to know every detail" he says. "I'm going to follow them into the corn," The Gaghans, who have tow small kids, also choose the buggies. Think they can't hack it? (Hint: Even 9-year-old Carissa runs a seven-minute mile) The kids sing a victory song as they barrel past a stronger team, with mom Tammy effortlessly hauling the buggy. "She's an animal!" van Munster shouts. The teams collect their next clue: Off to the Pit Stop.

3 PM
After the teams finish the leg, Keoghan says he realizes another way this may differ from the past: "I expect it will be the most emotional Pit Stops we've ever had. I know that I'm going to be kicking kids off," Coexecutive producer Hayma "Screech" Washington adds, "You don't have to get out of the country to have a great event. That whole Washington Crossing thing? It was good. You feel like you stepped back in history. And we have a lot more of that coming up... but I can't tell you what." Be sure to bring the kids.

thanks to puddin's scan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 06:19:57 PM by banzai »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 05:52:20 PM »
Day One = Thursday July 7, Race starts
Day Two = Friday July 8, 3 pm Leg 1 ends
Day Three = Saturday July 9, 3 am Leg 2 starts

Phil flies out of Dulles Saturday night.

For example buggy rides:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:55:40 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 06:10:31 PM »
nice job Banzai & Chateau

some screengrabs form my photo bucket

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »
Kind of a long shot but I was thinking that "near Philadelphia" is Valley Forge:

Camping is available about 10 minutes away on the grounds of theValley Forge Volunteer Fire Company

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2005, 06:42:58 PM »
New York this week, will go to more than 50 cities (including stops in two countries the race has never gone to before)
Wikipidia says that they have never  been to Central America  before ..

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 06:49:18 PM »
Well, one is Panama.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »
thanks Chateau....and Costa Rica ?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 04:29:03 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 06:53:49 PM »
And the 11,000 mile thing limits the other one to one of these.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »
I believe we had sightings in BELIZ which would be the second country not visited by TAR before.

Article mentions 50 cities; now that is a lot to cover in only 25 days.

If shooting start is July 7 in New York (pretty much confirmed) then the final pit stop would be on July 31. Which is the date the Niagara Falls sighting is supposed to take place.  Or was that still in Montreal?

TVGuide (with the help of the producers) has pretty much given out all the details of the first two-hour program with the first PIT STOP some where in Amish Country (Lancaster) PA. This follows the pattern in most TARs that the first two hour program includes a camp out the first night (a la Iceland and Paraquay)

Now we have a quandry to puzzle over.

According to supposedily good evidence TEN teams arrive in Huntsville on two buses from South Carolina late on Sunday night, July 10 or early Monday morning, July 11 after nine hour bus ride from South Carolina and have to wait until the NASA space center (Space Camp) opens early Monday morning, July 11.

But it now looks like the first elimination takes place in PA at the first pit stop (according to TV Guide)on July 8 Which means only nine teams would continue on through Washington DC; North Carolina; and South Carolina on July 9 and 10 (more camping out on the evening of July 9?) Before arriving at Huntsville, Alabama.  Are the rumors true that TAR8 started with the usual 11 teams, but one team was booted off the show in Beliz? I call upon all RFF sleuths to watch the first two shows closely to see if some strange people can be spotted; the producers are very good at digitally removing crew members and such but they do slip up now and then (for example the camera crew filming the winning couple at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin is seen as Jon and Veronica run up)

And if it is true that they go to Huntsville then on to Beliz and Panama, the remaining teams would still have about 8500 milles to travel to make up the total of 11,000. Going all the way to Alaska then back down through Montana, Wyoming, to Toronto and Montreal could eat up this many miles.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 09:40:17 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005, 12:26:11 PM »
the producers are very good at digitally removing crew members and such but they do slip up now and then

GMan, I believe with all my faith that they never do this.  Never.  It's just an inside feeling of trust.  They will blur some private faces and some product logos.  I have found shots of cameramen, I'm not actually counting, but about a dozen times.  (eg. when Kelly & Jon run through airport exit doors to get their Taxi in Phoenix.)  And there are reflections and shadows of production happening several times per leg.  The Berlin shot of production was used because of the importance of what was taking place between J & V. I think the editors invert, crop, omit footage, and overlay Frankenbitten soundtracks but never photo chop info in or out.  I forgot one thing:  footage of B&G's rollover in Africa was concocted by production in the field (the rollover itself was real).

I can imagine that the report of ten teams at the space center comes from the reporter using information that the Race has ten teams in it.  We should check the actual text to see.  Did they really count ten teams?

If so, then it will be fun to do as you say and hunt for vestiges of the 11th team.  I'll be game for that!.

Here it is:

From the Huntsville Times

Between midnight and 4 a.m., one by one, a fleet of eight to 10 GMC Yukons rolled out of the parking lot and sloshed down Interstate 565, got off at exit 15 and headed toward the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:39:49 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
I quote from the WIKIPEDIA item about TAR Trivia:

Trivia

Teams competing on camel carts from a Roadblock in Season 7Each team is accompanied by a cameraman and soundperson throughout the race. When purchasing tickets, teams must also buy them for their camera crew. On the program, teams are only shown requesting two tickets, so that they don't break the fourth wall.
Also, for similar reasons, the show makes the point of not actually showing the crews to the point where crewmen have actually been digitally removed from the picture in post-production. However, during Jonathan's wife-beating incident in Season 6, a cameraman and soundperson were plainly visible filming the team that had checked-in ahead of them. Additionally, Victoria was shown sitting next to the crew tent. Also, Season 7 featured an incident where Brian and Greg's cameraman was shown lying on the ground after suffering minor injuries in an auto accident.

Nothing is impossible with an excellent digital editor working on the post production

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 05:26:25 PM »
 )-**

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 06:54:30 PM »
Gman I have a request ..can you post the link to the Toronto spoiler with the female team being spotted ? I can't seem to find it ..thanks in advance .

Next sightings seem to be In Toronto on July 30

Montreal on July 30 (arriving at 4:50PM) and July 31 (Team with four girls sighted)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
About the newspaper story Puddin quoted: has anybody seen anything more about Talladega beyond the Huntsville article? I've searched the Daily Home
http://www.dailyhome.com/dh-index.htm
without any luck. If there's an employee newsletter for the Speedway, I haven't found it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »
Slowhatch no luck just this ..who should we call  :cheeky: ?
Administration Team

http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/track/AdminTeam.jsp

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2005, 10:49:54 PM »
No luck on your link, and no luck with the archive of press releases--here
http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/news/index.jsp
They might visit Talladega for something unrelated to the Speedway, but...I doubt it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »
Found what i was looking for ...
check out DeSoto Caverns Park ' Educational '

Aviation Challenge
Talladega
Talladega attractions
Cheaha State Park

At 2,407 feet above sea level, Cheaha Mountain is the highest point in Alabama. This 2,799-acre mountaintop retreat provides breathtaking scenery year-round.

DeSoto Caverns Park

Resting at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, DeSoto Caverns Park offers a unique destination for those seeking a fun and educational experience.

Motor Sports Hall of Fame

One of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame's highlight features is the Motorsports Museum. Spanning three buildings and the enclosed courtyard, this collection of history making vehicles is priceless.

Talladega Superspeedway

Talladega Superspeedway is the biggest, fastest, most competitive motorsports facility in the world. Records for both speed and competition have been established at Talladega.

Talladega Walk of Fame

The Davey Allison Memorial-Walk of Fame is a beautiful landscaped park that covers one full city block downtown Talladega, Alabama. Dedicated during the summer of 1994, the memorial is open 365 days a year with free admission.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:29:33 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2005, 10:00:51 AM »
as it was originally posted ~~

Amazing Race 8 Spotted!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We saw the Amazing Race 8 being filmed yesterday at Washington's Crossing PA! The teams had to compete to take "George Washington" across the Delaware river, pick up a US flag on the New Jersey side of the river and return to get their next clue.

It was awesome to watch! A bit slower than what one sees on TV -- the two teams we watched weren't exactly running to and from their cars. It also appeared like they got a bit more direction than one sees on TV in terms of a safety lesson and tips on how to navigate the river and where to go.

It looked like it was the second leg of the race -- at least we heard from some other folks watching that they started with 10 flags. When we got there there were three flags left and we watched two teams complete the task.

The first team we saw looked like a group of siblings in their 20s. They looked pretty athletic and didn't seem to have too much trouble getting across. The second team looked like an older couple with two teenage sons. The mother looked like her knee was hurting and couldn't really run, but they did all right with the paddling.

The only reason we even heard about it was a total fluke as they were of course trying to keep it under wraps. Apparently one of the earlier teams had trouble navigating the river and got stuck on the Washington's Crossing Bridge and they had to close the bridge to get them off and for the camera men to film them. As I was leaving work the traffic reporter was commenting on the fact that the bridge had just reopened after being closed so camera crews could film the Amazing Race, so of course we rushed right over!

The SUVs they were driving appeared to have Michigan plates, so they may have started there. Somehow two camera men managed to squeeze into the backs of them -- not a very comfortable ride cross country! Rumor has it they were in Trenton and NYC earlier in the day. One observer thought he heard a participant exclaim that the next clue was someplace in New England.

Keep an eye out for them coming your way!

Kathleen

link thanks to Slowhatch
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 11:31:25 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »
Still haven't mastered linking yet  (:;) 
Anyway, google the phrase "The only reason we even heard about it was a total fluke" and it will take you to the original. If everything in the first paragraph is accurate and timely, it would seem to be another confirmation of a 07 Jul start date. Add 25 days to that, and if my counting is correct it means a 31 Jul finish date.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »
Thanks Slowhatch  :hapy:

posted on 07-08

We saw the Amazing Race 8 being filmed yesterday-2005, 09:47 AM .....

http://boards.independenttraveler.com/showthread.php?t=5154

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2005, 08:20:47 PM »
Makes sense the lighter weighted families finish the Buggy Ride first ...not much weight to pull , no wonder why the Ailleos , all big men , couldnt complete the task and opted for the barn thingy building .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2005, 08:41:45 PM »
my thoughts ..

It was awesome to watch! A bit slower than what one sees on TV -- the two teams we watched weren't exactly running to and from their cars. It also appeared like they got a bit more direction than one sees on TV in terms of a safety lesson and tips on how to navigate the river and where to go.
(from the TV guide article )
The Aiello team, Tony and his three sons-in-law arrive but take a few minutes before shoving off. Grumbles a crew member, "George Washington is giving them too much instruction," referring to a history reenactor, dressed like the father of our country, who'll ride with each team. Finally, they're paddling with the unimpressive George W. manning the bow, hollering, "Stroke! Stroke!"

It looked like it was the second leg of the race -- at least we heard from some other folks watching that they started with 10 flags. When we got there there were three flags left and we watched two teams complete the task.

The first team we saw looked like a group of siblings in their 20s. They looked pretty athletic and didn't seem to have too much trouble getting across.
( who fits this description ,the poster doesn't describe males/ females ? The Linz Family ? The Godlewski Family ? 42 yr old sister  could be mistaken for someone young ?)

The second team looked like an older couple with two teenage sons. The mother looked like her knee was hurting and couldn't really run, but they did all right with the paddling.

( the only team with 2 teenage sons ..
The Paolo Family)

The only reason we even heard about it was a total fluke as they were of course trying to keep it under wraps. Apparently one of the earlier teams had trouble navigating the river and got stuck on the Washington's Crossing Bridge and they had to close the bridge to get them off and for the camera men to film them. As I was leaving work the traffic reporter was commenting on the fact that the bridge had just reopened after being closed so camera crews could film the Amazing Race, so of course we rushed right over!

The SUVs they were driving appeared to have Michigan plates, so they may have started there. Somehow two camera men managed to squeeze into the backs of them -- not a very comfortable ride cross country! Rumor has it they were in Trenton and NYC earlier in the day. One observer thought he heard a participant exclaim that the next clue was someplace in New England.( naw we know they are headed south )

I'm reposting this here

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: The Amazing Race   

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

I took the boys up to see where Washington Crossed the Delaware today. I like history, they were just hanging around being bums. Come on, I sad, it will be fun. 

They gave me that look - the one that says sarcasticly - Right. 
Freedom, liberty etc. Get you butts up and put the bikes in the truck it is a 30 minute ride. 

They each brought a walkman so they wouldn’t have to listen to me on the ride. Not a vote of confidence. 

I pulled into the half empty lot and was told I had to park in the full side by some twerp with a radio and an earphone. He didn’t look like a PA start park guy to me. 

Duh there are no spaces in the half that is totally full. The other half was totally empty. I choose to see the lot as half usable not hafl full but the empty side was for a "caravan" coming the geek with an ear piece said. 

Right. 

A caravan. We have them all the time here in PA. 

So I find another lot down the road and parked, get the bikes out of the truck and bike back to the Welcome Center to get a map. It isn’t a very big place but I wanted to know what to see. 

The “Welcome Center” was across from the half empty lot. Ask what is up. Some other geek with a radio and ear piece gives us a lame story about filming an ad for PA & NJ tourism. 

Right. 

PA and NJ share money on a joint ad for tourism. You must be from Mars ‘cause we locals know PA and NJ compete for tourism $ - they don’t get along well enough to film a joint ad. 

I lean my bike against a sign and head in to get a map; some woman comes up bableling and tells me to move my bike, the filming and all. I am losing my Evil Emperor charm and walk in leaving the bike were it was. 

I said I was going in to get a map. While I was in there all the staff were talking in hushed tones all excited. Way too busy to hand me a map. No other tourists around. I mumbled some kind of a comment about geeks with earphones. 

One of the staff ask if they were rude. 

No I said they were just acting like a bunch of Tories. I wondered they were so a twitter they didn't get the insult. 

Connor & Blair notice a thing that looks just like an Amazing Race mail box. Connor jokes about opening it and the “commercial” guy gets real nervous and say Connor can’t touch it and that is how they are making the tourism ad interesting. 

Right. 

We bike a bit but they have part of the path roped off. We go around nice like they ask and come back after a bit, it is a small place and few views of the river outside their ropes. 

So I sit outside the ropes at one of the few places we could see the crossing talking to the boys about how the river doesn't look all that wide but it would suck rowing across in a snow storm. 

Some other geek comes and tells us to move we are in their camera lines. It is a private event and they have a permit. 

You put the ropes up. If we are in the ‘line’ it is ‘cause you put the ropes in the wrong place. Dude we’re here to see the river, we are respecting your ropes but it the history is everyone’s. 

More lame cover storyness. Clearly something ain’t like they said. 

So we move around again and there are guys out in the river and ambulances all over. I am getting tired of getting moved away from the river as Mr. Ambulance guy come over. 

What’s Up with all the equipment I ask. 

It is a Drill, said with no sincerity. 

Right same lack of sincerity. 

I came to see the crossing. 

Well you picked a good day stick around and watch TV in September. 

So we go back to another rope line, (but in the same 'safe' camera line as all the geeks with earpieces.) 

The geeks get all jazzed up, their earpices a buzz “They are coming.” 

A bunch of Suburbans come rolling across the bridge. 

(Why didn’t George et al use the Bridge?) 

Families of 4 (it was the Family edition of Amazing Race – we sent them a tape but didn’t make the cut.) come running out of their Suburbans in the still almost half empty side of the parking lot, check the Connor cant touch it mail box and run to the river where the camera guys tell them to stop and run in in a better formed group on the angle they want. So the families stop and re-run in for the cameras. 

(Next time you see the Amazing Race and they are all running in a group – the camera guy stopped them and told them to.) 

It was a challenge. They had to row a guy dressed in colonial stuff across the river, grab a flag and row back. 

We watched 6 groups do it. Most couldn’t row worth a lick. One almost knocked their George overboard running into a sand bar. The families had to wear life vest. The guys being George Washington had to stand. I hope they had floatation under his heavy colonial costumes but I doubt it, they are extras after all. 

I was talking to a guy whose wife was the contact for the state parks; he drove down form Harrisburg to watch. We had a great time watching them try to row straight across with the river current. 

I made the boys be careful as we rode our bikes back to the truck. The Suburbans left the half empty side of the parking lot without paying much attention. I guess there was no camera man around.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 11:18:49 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2005, 09:02:53 PM »
The SUVs they were driving appeared to have Michigan plates,

My BF works on the PA. Turnpike and says that he sees Michigan plates all the time .
He says normally they are employees of whatever car manufacturer in Michigan that they are working for .
He says that even at the Pocono Raceway here the Nascar drivers almost always have Michigan plates on the cars that they use for getting around here locally , depending on what car manufacturer the drivers have contracts with so that would explain the Michigan plates...easy as that . The SUVs' used  have contracts with TAR production whatever .
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 09:08:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2005, 09:21:46 PM »
We watched 6 groups do it. Most couldn’t row worth a lick. One almost knocked their George overboard running into a sand bar. The families had to wear life vest. The guys being George Washington had to stand. I hope they had floatation under his heavy colonial costumes but I doubt it, they are extras after all. 

this would put 1 team way ahead or somewhere in between  the next group of 2

the Linz Family & the Paolo's  spec by description

1 team behind ??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2005, 09:45:36 PM »
maybe Hunter Shroeder kid ?? Maybe a Paolo kid ? not sure .

The Bransons ~

the Gaghans~
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:22:57 PM by puddin »