Author Topic: CBS league  (Read 94385 times)

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
CBS league
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:26:15 AM »
 |(
Where is and why hasn't CBS put the league up yet? Did that skirkman guy ruin it for all?
 :prayer:

:<(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:29:31 AM by Rorys clan »
Surviv-a-holic
:)          }*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: CBS league
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 11:05:20 AM »
Rorys clan ,welcome back  {| . The league will open Wendsday night or for sure Thursday . The first week is Null anyway ..no points. At least thats how they usually do it .

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:16:01 AM »
They might be waiting to put up the fantasy website until after it airs on Thursday night because of 2 certain castaways who haven't been announced yet.  Those cBS webmonkeys don't know how to add more survivors after the fact, I'm sure! {l{
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 01:20:09 PM »
you are a smart one Swanee!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 04:03:20 PM »
This is true Swanee , great thinking .. ! I guess CBS thinks the general public is still in secrecy about BJ & Steph  ,where it has been published in just about every article that i have read ^/^

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:48:15 PM »
Yeah, and did you see the commercial showing 2 stand-ins in shadow as the returning castaways?  Who are they trying to fool? (%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 10:09:07 PM »
Yeah Swanee it really does look like Eric & Maggie from BB6

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 03:24:23 PM »
Yeah Swanee it really does look like Eric & Maggie from BB6

Yes...they do look like Eric and Maggie. {l{

If I knew what the age restrictions were, I would join in.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 03:38:31 PM »
Rules from last season Mandy

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/fantasy/rules.php

CBS.COM SURVIVOR: PALAU FANTASY LEAGUE GAME
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PARTICIPATION OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. ONLY, 18 OR OLDER.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS GAME.

Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico), who are 18 years of age or older at time of registration, except employees or agents of Sponsor, General Motors Corp., Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, dealers, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, & members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their households. Void in Puerto Rico & wherever prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state & local laws & regulations. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. U.S. law governs this game.

To Register: You must register to play the Survivor: Palau Fantasy League. The registration process begins on or about Noon Eastern Time ("ET") on 2/14/05 and registration ends at 8:00 PM ET on 5/9/05 or seven days before the final episode is broadcast, whichever comes later; the game ends at 8:00 PM ET on 5/15/05 or with the commencement of the East Coast broadcast of the final episode of Survivor Palau whichever is later ("Promotion Period".) End date is subject to scheduling changes. To register and establish a 'team' visit the CBS.com Web site anytime during the Promotion Period (with exceptions as noted in these rules), click on the Survivor: Palau icon, and complete the Survivor: Palau Fantasy League online registration form. You will be required to pick any four of the available Survivors to be on your Survivor: Palau Fantasy League team. Once you have completed the information requested, click on "submit" to submit your registration and 'team' selection. Registrants must complete entire online registration form and successfully submit same in order to be eligible for prize consideration. During the Promotion Period, registrations will not be accepted commencing at the time the East Coast broadcast of a Survivor: Palau episode begins until 4 hours after the broadcast of the show ends. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THE FINAL WEEK OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD. Broadcasts are subject to preemptions and scheduling changes. If such changes occur they will be posted on the Survivor: Palau Web site. The use of automated or third party software or Web site to register or trade is prohibited. LIMIT ONE TEAM REGISTRATION PER E-MAIL ADDRESS AND A MAXIMUM OF FIVE TEAMS PER REGISTERED PARTICIPANT. Releasees (as defined below) assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate registration information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures unauthorized access of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof. Registrations become the property of the Sponsor. Participants who submit inaccurate registration data and/or exceed the registration/team limits may be excluded from participation at any time during the game. By registering, registrants agree to be bound by these rules & consent to use by Sponsor and its designees of their names &/or photographs for advertising or publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.

Managing Your Team: You may have a maximum of four active Survivors on your team at any time during the Promotion Period. Once you have successfully registered a team you can trade any or all of your Survivor team members as many times as you like during the Promotion Period by deleting a Survivor from your Fantasy League team and replacing him or her with any other Survivor still active in the game. A team roster freeze is in effect commencing at the time the East Coast broadcast of an original Survivor: Palau episode begins until 4 hours after the broadcast of the show ends. During each week of the Promotion Period in which an original episode of Survivor: Palau is broadcast, the number of active Survivors will decrease by one (1) as a Survivor is voted off the show. If a member of your Survivor: Palau Fantasy League team is voted off the Survivor: Palau show, you may replace that expelled member with an active Survivor.

Scoring Points: With the exception of the weekly Trivia Questions Bonus, registered players accrue points when Survivor cast members on a registrants' team are awarded points based on their actions, and outcome of events (e.g., winning immunity) during an episode. Survivor: Palau episode #2 scheduled for broadcast on 2/24/05 will be the first episode used to accrue points to registered players. Team point totals will be updated by 1:00 PM Eastern Time following the night of each new Survivor: Palau broadcast. All decisions regarding scoring in the Survivor: Palau Fantasy League will be made by an "Official Scorer", a CBS.com representative whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to the awarding of points in this game. With the exception of the weekly Trivia Questions Bonus, points in each episode will be awarded ONLY for qualifying activities occurring during new, previously unseen footage. No points will be awarded for events that occur during flashbacks of any sort. Points are awarded solely for material broadcast during the Survivor: Palau television program and by correctly answering the weekly Trivia Questions Bonus.

Following are the categories for which points will be awarded in the Survivor: Palau Fantasy League (categories and corresponding point awards are subject to change at any time at Sponsor's discretion):

Reads Tree Mail: You score 10 points any time one of your Survivors reads aloud any part of the "Tree Mail."

Goes in Ocean: You score 8 points any time one of your Survivors goes into the ocean - except during a challenge. No points are awarded for being in water during challenge. The Survivor must be in the water above their knees.

Chops Coconut with Machete: You score 15 points on every occasion that one of your Survivors uses a machete to chop a coconut. The points are for striking the actual coconut with the blade of the knife. Points are awarded for each coconut the Survivor works on.

Cries: You score 10 points any time one of your Survivors sheds tears.

Immunity Challenge (group): You score 10 points any time one your Survivors is on the Tribe that wins Immunity.

Immunity (individual): You score 25 points any time one your Survivors wins the individual Immunity Challenge.

Reward Challenge (group): You score 10 points any time one your Survivors is on the Tribe that wins a Reward Challenge.

Reward Challenge (individual): You score 20 points any time one your Survivors wins the individual Reward Challenge.

Sits Out Challenge: You lose 12 points any time one of your team does not take part a group challenge - reward or immunity.

Voted Off: You lose 20 points when one of your Survivors gets voted off of the show.

Bonus Points: You are awarded 40 points any time one of your Survivors performs the activity that you have selected for them in the "Bonus Points" area.

Survivor: Palau Fantasy League Trivia Questions Bonus: You can earn up to a maximum of 120 Bonus Points weekly by correctly answering up to three trivia questions specific to each new episode of Survivor: Palau. Registered players will be able to view and answer the questions on their "My Teams" page starting after the show at approximately 3:00 PM ET Fridays until the next Thursday at 8:00 PM ET. If for any reason a registered player was unable to view that weeks Survivor episode, clues to obtain the correct answers for that weeks Trivia Questions Bonus will be available on the "My Teams" page. Limit one weekly Trivia Questions Bonus score per team for entering the correct trivia answers during the eligible weekly time period. If correct answers for the weekly Trivia Questions Bonus are not entered during the eligible time period a registered player may not go back, enter the answers from any previous week, and earn points. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding with respect to whether trivia questions were answered correctly.

Determining Winners: Weekly during the Promotion Period the highest scoring teams will be posted to leader boards located at the Survivor: Palau Web site. Within 48 hours of the final episode of Survivor: Palau the final standings leader board will be posted. The one registrant/team that has accrued the greatest number of points will be declared the potential grand prize winner. In the event there is a tie between the top point totals those tied players will be placed into a random drawing and one (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected. The next 100 highest scoring players will be declared first prize winners with additional random drawings conducted as needed to break any ties. If required the random drawing(s) will take place on or about 5/17/05. Drawing(s) conducted by Marden-Kane Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on matters relating to game. Potential grand prize winner will be required to sign, have notarized & return to Marden-Kane an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability within 10 days of issuance of notification. Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted will result in the disqualification of the potential winner and the next highest scoring player will be contacted. In the event an eligible participant has more than one team in the top 101 highest point total positions, that participant will be awarded a prize for his/her highest scoring team and any of his/her subsequent teams in the top 101 will not be eligible to receive a prize. In such an event, spaces may open in the top 101 and the next highest scoring teams will move up accordingly. No more than one (1) grand and one hundred (100) first prizes will be awarded. Odds of winning a grand or first prize depend upon number of registrants participating and the points each earned during the game.

Prizes: One (1) grand prize: a 2005 Chevrolet SSR. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $44,275. Winner must take delivery of vehicle within 30 days of notice following receipt of fully executed and notarized affidavits. Releasees are not responsible for delays in delivery. Winner is required to personally retrieve vehicle from a local dealership as selected by Sponsor and present adequate personal identification, a valid U.S. driver's license and evidence of legally required insurance. All travel/transportation costs for collecting prize are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for all upgrades/modifications to the vehicle above the specified retail value. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses relating to the use of the vehicle including all taxes, title, license, registration fees and insurance associated with prize. Vehicle shown in advertising may not be the actual vehicle delivered. Vehicle color and equipment will be determined by the winner not to exceed the ARV of the prize. All details of prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Automobile/truck prize is rewarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. In the event the grand prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian on the minor's behalf. In which case the parent or legal guardian will be required to fulfill all requirements imposed on grand prize winner set forth herein. One hundred (100) First Prizes: A Survivor: Palau Cap. ARV: $18 each. Total ARV of all prizes, $46,075. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. All details of prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Limit one prize per person. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All costs and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prize, which are not explicitly listed herein as being awarded, are responsibility of winners. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, General Motors Corp., and their respective parents, affiliates, dealers, subsidiaries, divisions and advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc., and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders & agents (collectively, "Releasees") from any & all claims or liability in connection with participation in this game or acceptance or use of any prize (including any injury or harm resulting from use of the grand prize).

Internet: If for any reason this game is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this game, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the game. Should this game be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect team registrations received as of the action requiring such termination. Releasees are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computation of point totals, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this game or downloading any materials in this game or for any other printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the game, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the game, the tabulation of points, the announcement of prizes or in any game-related materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning team will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of registration. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Who Won?: To obtain the name of the grand prize winner, available after 5/31/05, mail a SASE to: Marden-Kane, 36 Maple Place, Manhasset, NY 11030 Attn: CBS Palau. Requests received after 6/30/05 will not be honored.

Sponsor: CBS Broadcasting Inc., 51 West 52nd Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10019. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 36 Maple Place, Manhasset, NY 11030.

©2005 Marden-Kane, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 09:51:48 PM »
Didn't cbs have it up earlier last season? WHAT THE H@LL! (:;)
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »
cBS webmonkeys......gotta love 'em !  Right Ruday?

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 07:11:04 AM »
PARTICIPATION OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. ONLY, 18 OR OLDER.

I turn 18 next month. Too little, too late. :':') Thanks for the information, puddin.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 10:32:15 AM »
Wow does that ever lQQk like Maggie Loo and Snare-ic Eric. *(^
C'mom CBS move yer butts.... ]t{  )!)
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 02:49:49 AM »
cBS webmonkeys......gotta love 'em ! Right Ruday?
]:,  Oh yeah, Swanee!  ]][  After all the crrrAp from last season....now here I am looking for info about the fantasy game.  And I said I wouldn't bother w/ it again.   ((^ ^/^  Oy.  Me hooked.  Or me love the webmonkeys?  :mad:  Me love giving'em h#ll?   |(  Me like heated challenges?  )<
Is there hope for a game junkie? Hmmm.... :<(   :roll: 

Ruday  :]

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 02:54:20 AM »
OMG...puhleezzz...not Eric/Maggie!! I did not see that likeness at all.  You guys are scaring me!!  C'mon cbs & MB...are you that hard up for twists????????????????  *(^  |( 

Offline Bamboozzzled

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 01:57:54 PM »
It seems like it was up earllier last year, maybe I am wrong, }-}
 but anywho, I am ready to play {**} {**} {**} {**} :cartwheel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 01:59:21 PM »
Bamboozzzled  :<( .. it really doesn't matter I suppose since they dont score the first week anyway  (|

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 02:43:16 PM »
I think that the picture is a decoy,  }}  On the TV guide channel, Jeff said  B:) the two surprises would have an advantage since they have played the game and disadvantage since they played the game. It's gotta be Steph and Bobby jon, unless it's Johnny Rotten  *(^, boy wouldn't that be fun :]
Surviv-a-holic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 03:12:15 PM »
I cant find the picture but in one BB6 episode or commercial they did a thing on pairs in the BB house and I'm sure thats where MB got the idea to use Eric & Maggie for this promo.. wish I could find that picture  *(^

Offline Bamboozzzled

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 04:49:27 PM »
 :<(  Guess your right puddin, just so excited here and ready to watch the show.  I myself would love to see Rupert come out to be one of the surprises, not to win this time, but somehow involved.  He is my most favorite of them all  (/( }* puddin  :cheeky:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 05:31:24 PM »
I *heart* Rupert too Bamboozzzled  {| !! glad to meet you ..I hope you stick around and post with us  |#'

Offline Rorys clan

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 07:25:34 AM »
 *(^ So what's the deal neal? The site is up but the fantasy link is not lit?!?! C'mon get busy, I got some serious pickin to do :t-up:
Surviv-a-holic

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »
Let's hope they run the Fantasy League this season.  But, I don't know if they will.  They're giving away 5 Pontiac Torrents to one person (giving the extra 4 to friends/relatives) in the sweepstakes and that's a lot!

Offline aprilsvagina

• RFF Sr. Member
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 10:03:25 AM »
it would have been so great if they would have had johhny fairplay,and that looneytune that sang that stupid song and got kicked out the first day last year,instead of steph and bobby john(the hardest worker in survivor history)palease,i said he was gonna break down like a cheap kmart tennis shoe,and he did on the first show,lawd

"im gonna go poo,wanna eat breakfast"maggie the er nurse
"sex with some of these women today is like throwing a sausage down a hallway"howie the jedi

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 06:10:45 PM »
Let's hope they run the Fantasy League this season. But, I don't know if they will. They're giving away 5 Pontiac Torrents to one person (giving the extra 4 to friends/relatives) in the sweepstakes and that's a lot!

through my google news alerts

Pontiac Named Only Auto Sponsor on Survivor

September 16, 2005

NEW YORK -- Pontiac is the sole automotive sponsor of Survivor: Guatemala—The Maya Empire on CBS. Besides product placement, backing the launch of its new Pontiac Torrent SUV, the sponsorship will include short features, “Survivor Search in the City,” over the following weeks, in which former survivors from will tour cities in Pontiac Torrents.

The effort, via Leo Burnett Detroit and CBS, has the former Survivors driving new Torrents as they go about their daily life over the coming weeks in their home cities and local regions. Consumers will be asked to find one of them and snap a picture of them with their Torrent on their camera phone. They can immediately transmit the image for a chance to win five, fully-loaded, 2006 Pontiac Torrents, what Pontiac is calling “Torrents for your tribe.” Photos may also be submitted from digital cameras (via e-mail) or by postal mail through Nov. 6.

Per GM research, the Survivor audience is 25% more likely than other prime time shows to talk about the program. “Because we're working with the enhanced enthusiasm of the audience, this promotion becomes naturally viral,” said Mark-Hans Richer, Pontiac marketing director, in a statement.

The ex-Survivors will keep daily blogs about their experiences and whereabouts with their Torrents, which consumers can access at cbs.com. Photos will also likely spread at each Survivor's Web site and fan Web sites.

Fifteen-second TV billboards on Survivor: Guatemala—The Maya Empire will drive consumers to the promotion during each week's broadcast in addition to Web advertising through portals like Yahoo! and AOL.

--Karl Greenberg

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001138392