Author Topic: I'm disappointed...  (Read 2515 times)

Offline davidinjapan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Be just and do justice
    • My pictures of the Kansai area, Japan
I'm disappointed...
« on: December 16, 2005, 06:23:55 PM »
I haven't yet watched the episode, but I did get spoiled by MSNBC.com - so I know the results.

I am quite disappointed that the person I had been championing, Randall...  said that there should be only one Apprentice - and since he was chosen, that'd be it.  Trump shouldn't have listened to him, this lowly employee of his now, and should have just done what he wanted to do.

If Randall had so much respect for Rebecca, why steal the opportunity away from her, when it was clear that it was what Trump was going to do?

As far as the final task goes, it seems that it did indeed rain for Randall, and his lack of planning - even though Caroyln and George said there were only little hiccups, I'd say not checking the weather and having a backup plan constitutes a big one.  Meanwhile, Rebecca's task went well - except that since Yahoo didn't want to push for donations - they didn't raise a single one.  (Which apparently at the finale, Trump took Yahoo to task, and Yahoo said they'd be donating money to both charities).

Still though....  I'm sorely disappointed in Randall and his sudden ego that popped up.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: I'm disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 11:50:17 PM »
Yes, he has every right to be happy that he was hired, but that doesn't mean he can't recommend Rebecca.   But it does make me mad that DT would put Randal in that kind of position.  Why not just hire her if he feels she would make a good employee as well?  Last I saw, DT was the boss. 

Another thing that bothered me about last night was DT talking about Rebeccas ankle over and over and yet he barely even talked about the passing of Randals grandmother.  With his family in the audience, I think it would have been a nice thing to express his condolences to them in person.

But David, I agree....Randals ego did pop.  :madC:

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 10:31:03 AM »
I really did not think that Randall was the right choice.

Randall had a great education. But Rebbecca demonstrated that she could organize, delegate , coordinate.  Her sense of business was great.

Randall blew it at the end, with his comment that Trump should not hire Rebbecca.  Why? The only logical reason is for me to think that in the end Rebbecca would demonstrate with hard work, that she is better than Randall.

A big dissapointment.  I really hated the outcome.   (:;) :cryC:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 01:55:47 AM »
I was also disappointed in Randall's comment and his ego popped up big time.  Halfway through the series, I had it pegged that this was Randall's job to lose.  He did show all the good skills but I did not enjoy his natterings to Trump that he won 3 tasks as PM and that he had all this education.  Tell me something that I did not know.  I thought that Rebecca outdid him in the task and spoke better during the boardroom sessions both taped and live.  If Trump was smart, he will hire Rebecca anyways because if he doesn't--some other big corporation will hire her.  She has a lot of maturity for someone that is only 23 or 24 and she will go far.   :grinC: :grinC: :thumbC: :thumbC: :thumbC: