Author Topic: The Accidental Tourist - A possible SMD from SNN  (Read 2715 times)

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
The Accidental Tourist - A possible SMD from SNN
« on: September 04, 2003, 02:00:07 PM »

***Beware... this post contains possible Spoilers of Mass Destruction (SMD's) ... DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THIS KIND OF INFORMATION***

http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=89

The Accidental Tourist
The Man taunted us with promises of an unexpected turn, the twist of all twists. Enough to make our jaws drop. Does he deliver? Exactly whose jaw drops?
SNN
Wednesday, September 3, 2003

By:  The Spykids
Updated version

Despite navigation restrictions and tight security surrounding the filming of "Survivor Pearl Islands",  your Survivor Spy Kids have collected glimpses of events and snippets of conversations very  interesting to our little spoiling world.  Our jaws are about to drop and listen up, because we’re spilling the news.

Go no further if you are afraid of either pirates or of spoiling your viewing pleasure.  Who are we kidding?  If you didn’t want spoilers, you wouldn’t be here reading the reports of the hard working spy team in Spoilerville, would you?  So let's start from the beginning...

SURVIVOR TRAINING

The lucky castaways can thank the "Grupo De Operaciones Especiales" for the best jungle training  Panama has to offer.  Local menu includes  cucarachas , which although more wiggly should be healthier than dead pelican.  

THE MARKET

As we reported earlier Survivor filmed at a Saboga market which was faked up by SEG especially for filming.  Preview clips show the players being made to jump overboard from a ship into the water with only the clothes on their backs, a pair of sneakers for challenges (that Jeff is too good to them) and a pouch containing 100 balboas so they can buy items at a market for their camps.  While CBS wants us to believe that the castaways actually swam all the way to the market, we received reports they were quickly picked up again and brought to Saboga’s shore by boat.  Not much swimming took place.

In addition to the 100 balboas, entrepreneurial castaways creatively bartered bracelets, necklaces and shoes at the market.  No word on the availability of underwear.  Merchants were paid for all the items by Survivor whether the castaways bought them or not.  

THE "PONDEROSA" - A WHOLE NEW LOSER LODGE

In previous articles, we reported that Survivor crew built cabins on a small uncharted island the locals call "isla Perico" to house the booted players.  Those early days at Perico were no picnic for booted castaways.  Their food intake was limited, soft drinks and alcohol were off limits and they were made to exercise their little hearts out.  This is radically different from previous editions when ousted players had a nice loser’s vacation.  The bootees may be out, but the game is clearly still on.  

Reports to date have helped us identify ousted players.  The first to arrive at the Ponderosa is most likely Nicole.  She was followed by a tall, skinny, younger male believed to be produce guy Ryan Shoulders.  The third arrival is also male.  Our information on the early non jury boots also includes an older woman.  

While all booted players were sent to Perico’s cabins, not all of them hung around for the duration of the game.  Reports place some Survivor players at the Gamboa Resort.  Apparently they were moved there from isla Perico after the twist transpires.  Later, the cabins are occupied with jurors.

THE TWIST - RESURRECTION?

Mark Burnett talked about this major twist (you know...the one that will make your jaws drop) in the Variety article.  *Gasp* Our team has pieced together reports and concluded that the prejury boots compete with one another to win the privilege of returning from the dead and reentering the game.  Hold on to your pirate britches, mates - we have a pretty good idea who wins this new twisty contest.

No, it’s not Big Brother 3's Amy.  An older woman wins and returns to the game.  This is the reason for the spare rations and harsh conditions at the Ponderosa.  Once this contest is decided, the double losers finally get a vacation - and presumably better rations - at the Gamboa resort.  

Sources tell us this superwoman goes on to win another challenge right after the first one.  One of the challenges involves an underwater endurance contest where players have to pick up items.  The SurvivorNews spy kids took a vote, and have decided that this is clearly not the surprise of all surprises, since underwater rock carrying is old hat.  

OTHER CHALLENGES

We reported those earlier in our article.  Look for a reward challenge involving an overnight stay at luxurious Hacienda Del Mar.  Sources say the winner is male and allowed to take a guest.  The Family Visit Challenge is also back for a return engagement.  

MERGE

So far, there are no reports of anything dramatic regarding the merge.  A traditional merge takes place and as we reported earlier the merged Tribe's name is Balboa, the color is believed to be black,  and they’ll be situated on Mogo Mogo.  

THE FINALE

Sources have not revealed any dramatic differences in the finale, despite publicity claims to the contrary.  Our information to date indicates the Finale is just a traditional one with the Final 2 being decided by the jury of seven.  What might be different is that for the first time ever, a pre-merge boot will be in the Final 2.  That's right...the older female booted pre-jury who came back from the dead made Final 2.  Two women best a male player to become the final two.

We have identified the Final 3 players and thought it might be more fun to hide the F3 names in another article using invisible ink.

Oh wait, we already did...

For a complete list of spoilers todate, visit the Spoiler Section.  

Press photos of Episode 1 can be found here.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
Re:The Accidental Tourist - A possible SMD from SNN
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 06:14:10 PM »
What a great read!  Thanks for posting it archangelnot 8)Tell me?  What do you think?  Are you going to base your picks on this article?  I can't wait for Survivor to start!  The best birthday present ever!  Other than a ring with diamonds of course ;)  
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 12:06:23 AM »
Wow lots of good interesting information.  And I like that twist with the older woman returning and becoming one of the F2.  I can hardly wait to see how accurate this stuff is.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 09:50:40 AM »
HAve you figured out who the F3 are in hidden text?  I read this article and it will change the way some of the spoilers watch the interview on Early show after they are booted.  

Offline archangelnot

• RFF Sr. Member
  • An Angel that has run amuck!
    • Votedoff.tv
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 10:52:46 AM »
What a great read!  Thanks for posting it archangelnot 8)Tell me?  What do you think?  Are you going to base your picks on this article?  I can't wait for Survivor to start!  The best birthday present ever!  Other than a ring with diamonds of course ;)  

At various times in the preseason, snew has had the following names hidden in articles that were posted.

Discovered by volcanicglass at survivorphoenix hidden in one of the articles at SNN:

Andrew Cripps

Osten Taylor

Darrah Johnson

Michelle Tesauro

Another article had this name hidden:

Trish Dunn

These names are no longer in the articles, they were removed shortly after discovery.

Now, this was pre-announcement of names, so I imagine that you could eliminate any name that is not on the cast... and you might have the F3 the article refers to.

As far as following it... SNN has quite a reputation of being right - not perfect but damn close, so I will be factoring this into any games & thoughts I have.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 10:56:20 AM by archangelnot »