Author Topic: Should BB tell?!  (Read 3666 times)

Offline spalgutt

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Should BB tell?!
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:37:50 PM »
Should BB tell the houseguests about Hurricane Katrina?! I mean when BB happened during 9/11, they still told the houseguests about that. This is such a national tragedy, I think it should be told to the houseguests. What do you think?

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Should BB tell?!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:07:04 PM »
YES THEY SHOULD! Especially with Howie innocently using the term Hurricane Howie. It's just not right!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:08:35 PM »
I don't know spalgutt  , some of them might want to leave and also it would take their minds off the game . I don't remember that they told them about 911 but my memory is short  {l{

Offline h

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:12:58 PM »
CBS arent goin to tell them anything since none of the houseguests' families are in danger, one of the producers of the show came on Housecalls the other day and said so, they did tell them about 9/11, bcuz one of the HG's cousin had passed away

Offline spalgutt

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »
Yea, they did. They had newspapers showing images in the diary room. It was filled with clippings. Yes it would take their minds off of things, but they should still know..... Who knows, maybe that'll get I/B/M/A to lose track and they'll all be gone!! Wouldn't that be great!!  |#'

Offline MisBish

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 10:48:02 PM »
I agree about the Hurricaine Howie thing, they should tell them if ONLY to let him know that's a bit of a senstive thing right now really

Joanna

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 11:45:38 PM »
 :<( YES!  I think they should be told!  I think there will be enough culture shock for them to transfer back into the 'regular' world as it is.  I think they should prepare them.  It would also be nice to see that CBS took this matter seriously through the show.

Nuala

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 12:07:08 PM »
Honestly, I think if they told Maggie how desperately her help is needed she would go to the victims and help them since she is a nurse and in the medical field.  I thought about this all weekend on vacation. 

Nuala

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 08:37:37 PM »
I am just sick over the rapes that occurred in the superdome in New Orleans.  What happened down there that no one took control over all the gang members.  I am irrate at how things are being taken care of down there.
But, things are not going to get better.  They are just going to worse as far as natural disasters. 

Offline spalgutt

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 08:42:44 PM »
I am just sick over the rapes that occurred in the superdome in New Orleans.  What happened down there that no one took control over all the gang members.  I am irrate at how things are being taken care of down there.
But, things are not going to get better.  They are just going to worse as far as natural disasters. 

Agree. It's not good there. Well, the trend is declining as far as the severity of natural disasters go, but I don't think we'll see this powerful of a disaster for awhile. The last real big hurricane was Andrew, and that's not even as severe as Katrina. That's why I love it out here in California :)

Offline *D*

• RFF Full Member
  • Reality?...What's reality?
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 08:52:09 PM »

I know. There was a woman they were interviewing , I think it was on Today. She said that an eight yr old was raped and her neck was broken!! I just wonder why some of the peole in the Superdome didn't try to look out for one another. I would think that if they felt helpless enough as things were, that they would at least try to maintain order where they were sheltered. I just wonder if any of these rapes were witnessed by others that didn't step in and try to stop it. With that many people in one place, it would be kinda hard to find a hiding place to do such things. I think that if they knew who was doing the raping, that alot of the men should have jumped on their a**es and beat the sh*t out of them. If it were some of my family I would go apesh*t on somebody. There were no police around and then when the police tried to go in and investigate the reported rapes and violence, they were pushed back out by an angry mob! WTF were those people thinking?!!?