Author Topic: TAR8 Location /Speculation  (Read 62462 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR8 Location /Speculation
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2005, 09:19:34 AM »
From http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/09/30/1242622-sun.html

RACE STOP IN T.O.?: Apparently those feudin' Race families were scrambling all over our fair city last July. A reader says he ran into two groups down by Union station looking for clues from a hot dog vendor which led to the Docks. Keep your eyes peeled for some CN Tower scenery.

Could the hot dog vendor(s) be another former team?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2005, 12:01:49 AM »
just for a reference ..

Phil said 7 Pitstops will be elimination
articles confirm 13 episodes
The show was filmed in July, but the winner will not be revealed until the end of the 13-episode series.
CBS /TAR website shows 11 Episodes?
also the articles state that we will have " Fewer NEL "
Initially, "it was great to see how well these people got along with each other" and offered help, even as they "finessed finding ways to mislead the other teams." Later, as the race got harder, teams became more "bitter" and clearly labeled certain rivals as enemies.

The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes, did require certain concessions: Over the 30-day race, filmed mostly in July, teams traveled 30,000 miles  :roll:, far less than the 72,000 traversed by teams on the sixth season. And more family-friendly, less-crowded locales were chosen.

Sept 27th Week 1 ~Blacks eliminated
October 4th week 2
October 11th week 3
October 18th week 4
October 25th week 5
November1st week 6
November 8th week 7
November 15th week 8
November 22cnd week 9
November 29th week 10
December 5th  week 11
December 12th week 12
December 19th week 13 Finale

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6350.0.htm

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 04:49:13 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »
from a Taiwan fansite
I don't know who took these photos.

edit: found the original photographer at
http://buffalopundit.wnymedia.net/archives/635
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 12:09:16 AM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2005, 03:45:31 PM »
those were the pictures posted by Buffalo NY dude around Niagara Falls area ..

Thanks banzai , I never thought the Taiwan site would update  |#' !!

http://amazingrace.myweb.hinet.net/tar_gallery.htm

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2005, 07:28:11 PM »
Something does not add up right.

First, we now know that the race only covers 11,000  miles not 30,000. And the filming started on July 7 and ended we believe on July 31 which is only 25 days.

Second, Phil says that 7 stops are elimination stops. If there are fewer NELs than normal (three or four) then there can only be one or two NELs. This adds up to only 9 legs or ten legs if the final leg is a double wammy.

Third, this would make the final telecast on November 22 which is during the important Nielson Ratings sweeps month.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2005, 07:32:08 PM »
I know Gman ..all the info is screwy .. first 30,000 miles now 10,000 miles . Then 11 teams now 10 teams . 13 episodes now 11 episodes  |( ! race covers 30 days now 25 days !!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2005, 02:32:10 AM »
Did anyone post this yet? I can't find this article here.
came from http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=TAR5spoilers;action=display;num=1122931186

The Niagara Gazette newspaper

REALITY SHOW RACES THROUGH THE FALLS

"The Amazing Race" makes a stop at Terrapin Point
By: Paul Lane

Brendan Cataldo came to Terrapin Point on Sunday to get his first good look at Niagara Falls. What he also got was a sneak preview of a CBS reality series. "The Amazing Race" came through the Falls filming for the coming season of the reality show. In "Race" teams travel from chec to chec with limited budgets, having to complete challenges and avoid being the last group to arrive at a given destination or else face elimination. Cataldo a Niagara University student returning home to Albany after the summer, was at the park with friend Ian Tweedie about 2:15 pm Sunday. The two were watching over Terrapin Point when they saw a wooden box on a post in the middle of a field. Cataldo was curious about the box but Tweedie's thoughts immediately turned to the reality television show. "We saw the box and we were ...guessing that it was the amazing race" said Tweedie a self professed "Race" fan. The woman standing guard to the box added to the mystery Tweedie said. "She seemed to be protecting the box." Knowledge of the show's filming portions of the upcoming season across the united states added to the speculation Tweedie said. The two continued to watch the box for a while shooting video of the falls when a group of four people --two adults -- two children-- ran down the stairs leading to the box and removed an envelope. All well and good, Cataldo said except for the cameraman following them at full speed. "They ripped it open and read it pretty quick," Tweedie said. "They seemed to be excited about it." In describing a similar race visit in Alabama, The huntsville times reported on July 13, that the upcoming installment of the show its eigth will be a one time family edition with four people per team. The race began in early July with 11 teams in an undisclosed location the newspaper reported. Officials at the Niagara Falls State Park Visitor Center declined to comment. The huntsville times reported that officials in that city were asked to sign $10 million confidentiality agreements but declined. Several internet discussion groups report seeing "Race" families in Toronto on Saturday. The winning team gets $1 million, The next season is expected to air on tuesday nights beginning in the fall.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2005, 09:27:43 AM »
I can't find this article here.
Do you mean the original article? I found the stub here. There's also a reader comment from somebody who claims to have snagged a clue envelope, which seems unlikely.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2005, 11:01:37 AM »
Heres where some of the Niagara Falls stuff is ,I havent read through it in awhile so your info maybe new Banzai  :t-up: There was alot of iffy stuff to the Niagara falls spoiler like maybe decoy teams 
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,5916.45.html

tarflies

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:12 pm

haha I might know those people quoted in the article.

Its definitely true.

The teams? The first two are VERY vague. Just average white american families, I was told...at least four kids, possibly five, and possibly one team with three kids. One of the women was very large...around 6 foot and 250lbs.

The team I SAW was a couple with two kids. Both kids were girls. The dad was rather plain and his older daughter (16?) was much more athletic and pretty with dark hair. The wife was a bit out of shape and looked like a normal american housewife a bit frumpy - no outstanding good or bad features while the other daughter was about 11 or 12 with lighter hair and also a bit out of shape.
This was not a typical Final 3 team.

I saw them carrying one of the Route Info cards (blue in color) and the older daughter was very happy to have read it.

They didnt respond to my "good lucks".

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2005, 11:24:36 AM »
I'm not saying its not possable that the finish line was Niagara Falls I'm just thinking the teams descriptions are so fishy~~

According to an EZBoard poster who alleges to have recorded the last team's arrival at the Terrapin Point clue box, the last family -- which trailed the other two final teams by about an hour -- was a Caucasian family comprised of an "average looking" father who was wearing a shirt stating "Festival Party," his "out of shape, light haired wife," and their two daughters. One of the daughters was described as bring a "fairly good looking" dark haired girl in her late teens while the second daughter was about 12 or 13 years of age and wore eyeglasses. Based on his conversations with other folks at both Terrapin Point and Joseph Davis State Park, both of the other two earlier teams are also said to be comprised of "fairly average" white families with children, with one park ranger telling him that although the two teams were jumbled together when they ran by, one team appeared to comprised of three children and only one parent. ( this could be the Weavers ? maybe the Bransens ?)
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,5916.60.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »
Don't beat me up ..just leaving this here so I don't have to go looking for it later  </]

Amazing Race makes stop in Billings

BILLINGS -- The latest season of one of TV's most popular reality shows begins Tuesday night on KTVQ. And part of this year's "The Amazing Race" will look very familiar to viewers in the Billings area.

Q2 has learned that the contestants and crew of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" stayed in Billings for several days.

CBS won't say where the production crew spent time, or how far along in the series the Billings stop was.

In the Emmy-winning reality show, teams follow clues and race each other around the world on a limited budget.

For the Family Edition, instead of couples, nine families of four are competing for a $1 million grand prize.

The season premiere of "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" airs every Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. on KTVQ.

http://www.kpax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3907496&nav=menu227_2

The Amazing Race: A Rumor
Now that the Amazing Race has started, the rumor mill is grinding. I heard a rumor a month or so ago that the Amazing Race contestants had been in Montana. And in Billings no less. But today I heard another rumor from a pretty reliable source. Not only were the Amazing Race contestants in Montana but the pit stop for that particular point in the race was a ranch not more than 45 miles from where I live! Whether this is all true or not remains to be seen. But this is the way I heard it. The Race leaves Cody, WY and heads for Fishtail, Montana through Red Lodge. They camp at the ranch for their mandatory rest period and then head off to the airport in Billings. Which means they had to pass by the town I live it! This is all too exciting! This is all speculation, however, but it sure makes the race fun to watch.

http://www.terrestrialball.com/offerings/2005/09/the_amazing_rac.html

Cody Wyoming

Red Lodge ,MTWelcome to Red Lodge, Montana - Gateway to Yellowstone Park via the beautiful Beartooth Highway. Come and experience true western hospitality in this quaint, historic, mountain town.
101 Things to do in Red Lodge

from Blows/RealityTV World

POMP'S PILLAR, BILLINGS, MONTANA, USA
By FlamingCactusIT on this page
Time: Unknown

FlamingCactusIT

07-19-05, 00:25 AM (EST)

30. "Don't know how credible..."
I read on a site, don't know where, that there was something about going to Montana for a visit to Pomp's Pillar (The place that Lewis and Clark engraved their signatures on the expedition), that's outside Billings. The C.M. Russell art museum, that's outside Great Falls, and lastly something about purple sidewalk squares. Don't know what's significant about it, or where that is in Montana.

Pomp's Pillar

C.M. Russell art museum

( thanks to Neobie)
Havre MontanaWalking around the streets of Havre one may see a few small grids of purple colored squares on the sidewalk. These are from a sort of underground "mall" built in the city at least a hundred years ago (the squares let in sunlight). 

Start address: Cody, WY 82414
End address: Fishtail, MT 59028
Distance: 93.1 mi (about 2 hours 50 mins)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 02:02:15 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2005, 02:14:33 AM »
maybe something maybe nothing .. relative to Talladega
  09-30-2005, 11:17 AM 
CLCindy 
Registered User   Join Date: Jul 2001

A friend of a friend does freelance filming around town (Birmingham, AL), and a few months ago, he hinted that he did a two-day shoot that was "Amazing," had something to do with a reality show, and that he had to sign something swearing him to secrecy. So maybe they are sticking to the U.S.(I missed the first hour). I can't imagine the logistics of flying those big teams all over the world!

I love this show, and I hope the family aspect doesn't get annoying...it definitely seems like it could be unbalanced at times. 

http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?t=80081

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2005, 12:04:50 PM »
just for a reference ..

Phil said 7 Pitstops will be elimination
articles confirm 13 episodes
The show was filmed in July, but the winner will not be revealed until the end of the 13-episode series.
CBS /TAR website shows 11 Episodes?
also the articles state that we will have " Fewer NEL "
Initially, "it was great to see how well these people got along with each other" and offered help, even as they "finessed finding ways to mislead the other teams." Later, as the race got harder, teams became more "bitter" and clearly labeled certain rivals as enemies.

The kid-friendly contest, which includes fewer non-elimination episodes, did require certain concessions: Over the 30-day race, filmed mostly in July, teams traveled 30,000 miles  :roll:, far less than the 72,000 traversed by teams on the sixth season. And more family-friendly, less-crowded locales were chosen.

Sept 27th Week 1 ~Blacks eliminated
October 4th week 2
October 11th week 3
October 18th week 4
October 25th week 5
November1st week 6
November 8th week 7
November 15th week 8
November 22cnd week 9
November 29th week 10
December 5th  week 11
December 12th week 12
December 20th week 13 Finale ??

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,6350.0.htm

Hasbrouck has 12 episodes listed ~

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:38:57 PM by puddin »

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2005, 01:07:26 PM »
There's a discrepancy in those schedules, Hasbrouk has it ending 12/13, the other 12/19 (which is a Monday).  I would guess the Hasbrouk one is correct as it has a 2 hour finale on 12/13 (still with 13 legs, unless there's a recap thrown in somewhere).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2005, 01:38:32 PM »
There's a discrepancy in those schedules, Hasbrouk has it ending 12/13, the other 12/19 (which is a Monday). I would guess the Hasbrouk one is correct as it has a 2 hour finale on 12/13 (still with 13 legs, unless there's a recap thrown in somewhere).
oops  :)* that was me .. I'll fix it .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2005, 01:59:02 PM »
fwiw~

sk8er982002 
Junior Member   Join Date: Oct Tue 2005

Re: Amazing Race 8 Spotted!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it has been reported from our local news station last week that the amazing race comes to billings, montana for something (im guess they will do something with the Lewis & Clark events that were happening over the summer. We also heard that they will go to seattle from here....

http://boards.independenttraveler.com/showthread.php?t=5154&highlight=amazing+race

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2005, 02:18:35 PM »
http://boards.independenttraveler.com/showthread.php?t=5154&highlight=amazing+race

it has been reported from our local news station last week that the amazing race comes to billings, montana for something (im guess they will do something with the Lewis & Clark events that were happening over the summer. We also heard that they will go to seattle from here....

<-- free cbs spoiler? Seattle, Washington. In that case, we have to take these flash into consideration.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 12:49:47 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2005, 02:30:48 PM »
I agree banzai  |#'

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2005, 10:09:39 PM »
speculation based on the new flash:

Leg 1:
Thurs, July 7: Brooklyn, New York (NY), USA --> SOHO, NY --> Trenton, New Jersey (NJ) --> Philadelphia, NJ
July 8: Philadelphia, NJ --> Mount Joy, Pennsylvania (PA) --> Lancaster, PA

Leg 2:
Sat, July 9: Lancaster, PA --> York, PA --> Washington, D.C. --> Middleburg, Virginia (VA)

Leg 3:
Sun, July 10: Middleburg, VA --> Charleston, South Carolina (SC)
July 11, Huntsville , Alabama (AL)

Leg 4:
Tues, July 12: Huntsville, AL --> Talladega , AL --> Tennessee
July 13: Tennessee --> New Orleans, Louisiana (LA) --> Houston, Texas (TX)

Leg 5:
Thurs, July 14: Houston, Texas, USA --> Belize , Central America
July 15: Belize

Leg 6:
Sat, July 16: Belize --> Panama
July 17: Panama
July 18: Panama

Leg 7:
July 19: Panama --> Costa Rica
July 20-21: Costa Rica

Leg 8:
July 22: Costa Rica --> Dallas, Texas
July 23: Dallas, Texas --> Oklahoma --> New Mexico

Leg 9:
July 24: New Mexico --> Sedona red rock, Arizona
July 25: Arizona --> Nevada --> Park City, Utah

Leg 10:
July 26: Utah --> Grand Teton, Wyoming --> Jackson Hole, Wyoming
July 27: Wyoming --> Yellowstone, Montana

Leg 11 finale:
July 28: Montana --> Seattle, Washington state --> Oregon
July 29-30: Oregon --> Toronto, Canada --> Montreal, Canada
July 31: Montreal, Canada --> New Hampshire, USA -->
Aug. 1: Boston, Massachusett --> Cincinnati, Ohio

credits Gman/Pedaler/Slowhatch/Chateau_d_If/puddin
of course Twops  / Sucks / Met forums / Blows/realitytvworld to name a few.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:30:21 AM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2005, 10:44:36 PM »
 :cheer: Thank you banzai !!! ..and the TV guide article stated 50 cities !!
We need a new map .. whos up for it ??

My lame attempt   8-)'

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2005, 10:55:29 PM »
now that's around USA  ^/^

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2005, 10:58:01 PM »
I think the schedule looks great! I never could see them flying from N.O. to Belize since the flights are horrible. Houston to Belize makes a lot of sense especially with Continentals hub there. What kills me is that I was hanging out in N.O. Friday July 15 for a friends birthday bash. I would have called in sick for work and staked out the place if I would have known my favorite show was filiming a couple days earlier there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2005, 11:30:43 PM »
oops I missed Nevada  ^/^ ..I'll leave it as is and hope that someone else can revise it .

supsandalee ..they were practically in my backyard in Lancaster Pa . ,so I know how you feel ..if only we had a clue ..I'd do anything to meet Phil  {|

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2005, 03:26:06 AM »
 |#' I got it!

In between, these maps were superimposed. I don't know what's going on?

North Carolina
Rhode Island
Vermont
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:20:25 AM by banzai »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2005, 10:37:45 AM »
Not only did you miss Nevada, you also missed Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont and West Virginia.

I do believe the old-style 30s maps (as were found on post cards in the good ole days) is just fancy wall paper and had nothing to do with where the teams are travelling.  And you should notice that the maps are in ALPHABETICAL order and not in any CHRONICALOGICAL order.

Nice maps but I do believe has nothing to do with where they are going.