Author Topic: TAR8 Location /Speculation  (Read 62341 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR8 Location /Speculation
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:48:04 AM »
Anything I missed ? Please feel free to help  :hapy:
11,000 miles " TAR Family Vacation"
10 teams
Starting line N.Y Brooklyn Bridge

Thursday July 7 ,
NewYork City
Friday July 8,
Washington's Crossing PA
Saturday July 9,
Lincoln Memorial( does not fit any team descriptions ? maybe the Bransens ? dad 3 daughters ?)There was a man, a woman, and two young girls (caucasian) followed by a cameraman and a sound guy
Sunday July 10th,
Dulles airport (outside Washington D.C.), 
Monday July 11th
Charleston, SC 
Tuesday July 12,
Huntsville

Norfolk International Airport
July 12th
Talladega

Friday July 14?
Belize/Guatemala.
 Sunday July 16 - Panama - Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Don't know if anybody cares, but I just got word from a friend of mine doing field work in Panama that he was accosted by several Americans in white vans, cameras in tow, looking for the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute's boat dock. Evidently, CBS invaded Panama with a vengeance. Also, the person asked him if he spoke English, IN FRENCH, which I find VERY amusing.
 Thursday/Friday July 20-21st Costa Rica I was in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago at San Jose International and saw the host Phil Koeghan with a female companion. I stopped him and spoke with him and took two photos with him and my brother.
He said he was on "vacation" but that was July 20 or 21. I wonder if the race was in Costa Rica? (Phil seemed to be acting gaurded and sly.)

Montana

Montreal on July 30  Toronto
 (arriving at 4:50PM) There are 5 teams of 4 people left. 
Wendsday July 30-
and
posted on July 31 (Team with four girls sighted)
added Queen's Quay , Toronto, Lady with children

August 5th Phil Spottings

Monarch of the Seas, RCCL, sailing out of L.A. to Ensenada
San Francisco
( according to TAR the race lasted 25 days that would be July 31st)

possible other locations

New Orleans and

and Costa Rica  / posted on Aug 2nd,

possable finish line Niagara Falls ? Boston?
(The sign said for them to go to boston)
more on Belize

Production ends around Aug 10th ?

credits Gman /Pedalar/Slowhatch/ Chateau d if
of course Twops  / Sucks / Met forums / Blows/realitytvworld to name a few .
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 12:54:47 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Putting the Spoilers together
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 12:00:23 PM »
My notes show the ten teams leaving Washington DC in the evening of Saturday July 9 and driving to Kitty Hawk, NC (about five hour drive) arriving on Sunday, July 10 between 3 and 6AM. After completing task here, they drive on to Charlesston, SC to complete a task between 11AM and 2PM (possible task sites: Ft. Sumter, Mt. Pleasant, or USS Yorktown - all with historical significance). Two buses then leave for Huntsville, Alabama leaving at 3PM and the second bus at 6PM (about a 9 hour drive)

Monday, July 11 - buses arrive at Huntsville, AL visitors center where teams pick up SUV's to drive to NASA Space and Rocket Center - this is also site of the famous 'SPACE CAMP"  which according to notes opens at 9:00AM (so it looks like all teams will bunch up here waiting for center to open. Teams check in at the PIT STOP  late in the evening.  Report has it that the "Generation Gap team - Grandparents and two grandkits - is eliminated. But this may invalidate all the info because I don't think we have any such team listed iin the team roster.

Further down the road we have sightings in

Belize on July 14

Panama - Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute - Saturday July 16.

Next sightings seem to be In Toronto on July 30

Montreal on July 30 (arriving at 4:50PM) and July 31 (Team with four girls sighted)

This leaves a gap of 14 days after the Panama sighting on July 16 and Montreal/Toronto sighting on July 30.

And this only accounts for a little over 6,000 of the total 30,000 miles the teams are supposed to have travelled "around the world".

So this leads me to believe that after Panama, the remaining teams make a swing around "English-speaking" sites in the Pacific which could include:

Wellington, New Zealand
Sydney, Austrailia
Guam
Saipan
Federated States of Micronesia
Hawaii

To the West Coast (San Francisco or Los Angeles)
Jackson, Wyoming

TVoP poster claims to have spotted Phil and Park Ranger on the mat in Grand Teton National Park (Menor's Ferry) on August 4. This may be questionable since we have pretty solid (Canadian Airline roster) evidence that teams were in Toronto and Montreal on July 30 alnd Phil was on RCCL ship on August 5.

Finish after Montreal (not Niagara Falls) could be in Boston.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 02:18:16 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Putting the Spoilers together
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »
 |#'
from Met ForumsAmazing_Racer
Amazing_Racer
ForumsNet Member
  San Jose, Costa Rica Spoiler
« on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 1:19pm »  Quote  Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I'm in Costa Rica right now, and I learned something from a travel agency. They told me some teams went to that Travel Agency to book a bus into the jungle. I can't exactly say that I saw the TAR 8 teams, but I did learn that they took that bus into the nearby jungle to perform either a detour or roadblock. Hope this helps, and like I said, I can't verify this, but I hope it's true!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR8 Location /Speculation
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 02:27:46 AM »
swiped from and credits to ranethyn @ sucks

Recent projects include the shooting of the season finale for the "Amazing Race" reality television series in Niagara Falls, a one-day effort that netted local production crews and support services a payday topping $250,000.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050829/1055206.asp

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:17:16 PM »
Could be just another misleading decoy event at the Niagara Falls location.  But that seems to be pretty steep price to pay just to setup and film a decoy team.  So, I hate to say it,but it may mean that the sighting of the team at the Niagara Falls location was indeed an actual event. Which means the route marker flags have been changed for TAR8FE as has the opening teaser.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 09:04:22 PM »
I'd like to put some stuff out there for everyone's opinion about what is probably the first stop. Here's the quote that Puddin linked to:
3 families driving down Broadway and stopping outside a place called Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) in Soho, 3 blocks from where he lives. The only other business there is a bank, so he doesn't think they were headed to the bank. There was a cop there who didn't seem to have a problem with them parking on the street.
In addition to EMS and Kenneth Cole (the photo of the Blacks rushing across Broadway), there's the bank the poster mentioned (HSBC), but there's a lot of other businesses besides. Check it out with the street-level photos at A9 maps; here's a link: http://maps.a9.com/?mapMode=m&mapBvr=&ypLoc=591+Broadway%2C+New+York%2C+New+York&mapFrom=&mapTo=
It's also interesting that (if I'm reading it correctly) the poster didn't actually see anybody go inside a building, just park outside EMS.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 11:32:35 PM »
 |#'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
 8-)' something like this .. cripes talk about Family Vacation  |(

#

« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 04:04:05 PM by puddin »

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 11:40:14 AM »
wow and wow! great work everyone. i may actually start to look forward to this version.   {|
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 04:21:51 PM »
Trying like mad to account for the great distance of 11,000 miles, I am pondering the following:

New Yok to Panama City via Huntsville, Alabama and Beliz City, Beliz accounts for only 2252 miles.

Now add on the following:

Panama City to San Francisco 3325 miles

San Frnacisco to Anchorage, Alaska 2010 miles

Anchorage Alaska to Montreal/Toronto via Minneapolis or Chicago 3365 miles

That gives us a total of 10,952 miles!!

I tried to work in Honolulu (just to add  a wee bit of glamour and it is one place they have sky dived before) but the best I could do from Panama City to Honolulu and then back to SFO and on to Montreal/Toronto would end up with a total of 12,500miles so that sort of rules out Hawaii but Alaska is still a possibility.

Adding Alaska to the mix would allow TAR8 to cover North America from the top (Alaska) to the bottom (Panama) and from East (New York or Boston or Both) to the West (San Francisco)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 04:28:24 PM »
I like that route GMan !! Good Job   :<( ! 

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 10:34:24 PM »
Does anyone know what stops they make in Canada?
As a fellow Canadian it would be nice to know.

Its nice to know that Canadians can't play but our
country can... ^/^
The tribe has spoken....

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 11:03:42 PM »
Teams were spotted in Toronto and Montreal on July 30 and 31.  Siightings seem to be valid with four teams accounted for.

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2005, 06:37:52 PM »
Thanks Gman.

I'll be watching the show and waiting to see
the CN Tower on television.  {**}
The tribe has spoken....

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 01:48:37 PM »
Teams were spotted in Toronto and Montreal on July 30 and 31.  Siightings seem to be valid with four teams accounted for.

wow, i lived in toronto for 17 years. will be fun to see where they go. skydome and cn tower seem like good bets. i haven't read the canadian spoilers. do we have any idea which 4 teams?
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 11:41:50 PM »
 cinni .. From RealityTV world/Blows

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »
That's the first time I've seen that spoiler and....I don't know.
They dropped part of their route info and another person picked it up and asked if they needed it. They said they didn't and had a new clue.
??? Susan TAR 7  has already written over at Sucks about decoys in Dallas where the racers "accidentally" dropped some paperwork (quoted here http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=5612.topic&index=44). And there's some insider video from last season in South Africa which describes how meticulous the production staff is--in the middle of this clip
rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/g2demand/entertainment/primetime/amazing_race7/insider//phils_travels/behind/behind705_c.rm
So I have some doubts. Is there a link to the Montreal spoiler as well?

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 10:35:40 AM »
thanks, wow, hadn't seen all that yet. much to ponder....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 10:38:03 AM »
Slowhatch the link above at RealtyTV World have gathered some great info for the Montreal & Toronto Spoilers as well as a new one that I did not know about , Billings Montana.
We knew about the Dalla's decoy run..we had first hand info  ;) .
Also we were told that Gretchen was givin a decoy clue to throw her family off .. it lead them to beleive that she was in the final 3 . Tricky indeed .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »
Montana !!!!

Reality TV races past Fort Benton

By DAN HOLLOW
Tribune Staff Writer

FORT BENTON — The local folks helping out were sworn to secrecy, but by the end of the day Friday, it was no secret what had just come up the Missouri River downstream from Fort Benton.

No, it wasn't another batch of adventurers retracing the steps of Lewis and Clark.

The visitors were a film crew and an undetermined number of teams from the CBS hit reality TV show "The Amazing Race," according to Fort Benton resident Colleen Lulf.

Lulf said the only excitement expected this week was the homecoming football game Friday night between the Longhorns and the Malta Mustangs (final score Fort Benton 14, Malta 20).

But midweek, rumors began to swirl.

At the 7th and 8th grade football games Wednesday night, a woman overheard someone talking in a loud voice about a "big secret" of some "doings on the river."

Then, a local restaurant owner was seen in the grocery store buying vast quantities of food for breakfast burritos, and later, the restaurant owner was heard leaving town to deliver the food in his pickup. It was known for being noisy, Lulf said.

"In a small town, it's hard to totally keep a secret," she said. "People are used to a pattern, a set rhythm of life."

Lulf's first encounter with the buzz came when she was getting dropped off at Coal Banks Landing Thursday. She had ferried a Jeep to Judith Landing at the other end of a popular stretch of canoe trip through the White Cliffs area.

Her husband, John, works for a river tour business in the summer but teaches in the winter so Colleen was helping out with a friend.

As they drove down a hill toward the river, "we were amazed to see a fleet of fast moving boats sweep around the bend and race up the river," she said. Then more boats came by, and then some more.

Lulf's first reaction was there must be some bigwigs afloat because there is a "no wake" rule on the Wild and Scenic stretch in the summer, and upstream motorized travel is not allowed.

But the motorized restrictions, which start the weekend prior to Labor Day, are lifted the weekend following Labor Day.

The next morning, a friend told Lulf of "The Amazing Race" rumor. Some young men about town had been hired to drive, but had been sworn to secrecy and had to sign some kind of agreement not to talk.

"So, that's what it was, my friend and I concluded," Lulf said. "They had filmed part of 'The Amazing Race' downstream from our little, usually quiet town."

According to CBS, "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" features teams of four family members and will first air in a two-hour segment Sept. 27. This is the eighth edition of the two-time Emmy Award-winning show, in which contestants race around the globe, encountering challenges at each local stop, in pursuit of a $1 million prize.

This episode reportedly includes segments filmed on the East Coast, in Central America and at Niagara Falls.

"Even though I've only seen the show in passing a few times, I am excited to see the upcoming segment, whenever it might be on," Lulf said. "After all, I'd been witness to part of the actual race."

Lulf's husband John was not as thrilled.

"You think you'll have a nice, quiet canoe trip and a bunch of motor boats come by," he said.

Colleen Lulf contributed to this story.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050917/NEWS01/509170310/1002
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:58:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:42 PM »
No, it wasn't another batch of adventurers retracing the steps of Lewis and Clark
Maybe not, but since "Americana" seems to be the theme (Washingtons Crossing, Space Center, etc.), maybe they'll be doing a "Lewis and Clark" thing at Fort Benton--see here
http://lewisandclark.state.mt.us/sites.asp?IDNumber=6

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »
Slowhatch you have no idea how much i'm contemplating trying to get in touch with John & Colleen Lulf . I've been googling them on-line and think that I found their phone #  </]
I would love to know how many teams they really did see .And What Day they were there !! Is that bad ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:04:59 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 08:59:47 PM »
TRANSPORTATION AND SHUTTLE SERVICE ALONG THE WILD AND SCENIC UPPER MISSOURI RIVER AND MARIA'S RIVER

Our shuttle service is based in Fort Benton, the Gateway to the Wild & Scenic Upper Missouri River and the Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument.
Why waste a day shuttling vehicles and equipment up to 300 miles, 7 hours,  round trip, from Fort Benton to landings and take out sites along the Missouri River or Maria's River.  Our responsible adult drivers have years of experience on Montana's country roads and will  shuttle your party or your vehicles for you.

http://www.fortbenton.com/johns/index.htm

Montana's
Upper Missouri River Guides
and Canoe Outfitters

http://www.uppermissouri.com/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:03:50 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 09:22:25 PM »
He's probably teaching by now (Ft. Benton Elementary, I can't get the hyperlink working)
so a call to his business number may or may not go through. But the email on his webpage is probably still good.
What's peculiar is that out of all the people in Ft. Benton he would be the one to go to for this kind of task.
It can be tested if anyone talks to him or emails him; if he gets cagey about the details, that's a good sign he signed an NDA.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 09:26:53 PM »
The phone# didn't work but I'm working on a e-mail right now  {l{
How many teams ?
What days ?

Any ideas Slowhatch as to what I should ask ? I really suck at this  (%#

Hi. I am doing some research for my Amazing Race fan site. We saw an article that you did talking about the Amazing Race, and would like you to answer a few questions.

Can you give us an educated guess as to how teams you saw on the Missouri River?

What day were the teams there?

Thanks so much for taking time out and answering these questions.