Author Topic: RFF Reality TV Radio Episode #12 - 8/24/2005  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
RFF Reality TV Radio Episode #12 - 8/24/2005
« on: August 24, 2005, 08:46:08 PM »
Busy week in the Big Brother House with Kaysar leaving, and Jen leaving; We get off on to Survivor and Ian letting go at the final immunity challenge and then talk about Survivor 1; Does giving up in competitions work?; Kaysar is out of the house again, will he be on Big Brother All Stars; Sites that are trying to make money for Kaysar, they are probably a scam; Who will be leaving the house this week?; Is Rachel going to regret giving HoH to Howie?; Battle of the Reality TV Stars; The Amazing Race teams; Trevor watches "Tommy Lee goes to College"; Trevor answers a question; We BS for a few minutes!!

Link to download show:
http://rffradio.realityfanforum.com.nyud.net:8090/show12.mp3

Use this link ONLY if the one above does not work:
http://rffradio.realityfanforum.com/show12.mp3

Van

Re: RFF Reality TV Radio Episode #12 - 8/24/2005
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:07:05 AM »
I’ve been listening to your show for about 7 episodes and it”s the same goofy Sh*t, one sounds like a nerd that should be on “Beauty and the Geek" and the other sounds like a “wannabe stoner.” If you want to fix your show, “Stop The Act” and talk about all the shows (Reality Kills, Being Bobby Brown, Celebrity Fit Club, etc..) not just two. You mentioned making you show longer, this may help.

P.S.
You mentioned The Britney Spears show sucks, but only one of you saw it and the other just co-signed. Watch the show then give your two cents. I saw it and it did suck, but at least I saw it..

Van

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 12:17:32 PM »
I take offense to the "wannabe stoner".  That's a straight-up, authentic California voice you're hearing right there.  It's weathered both the streets of New York and the surf of Waikiki.

Thanks for criticism, I agree that we should talk a little bit more about a show like Being Bobby Brown.  I think we'll be getting some more variety when the fall season comes out.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Bey

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
Great insight Van... I couldn't agree more!!!  If it is going to be a reality show "recap" it needs to cover most, if not all, of the reality shows on television, not just the ones you guys like (as difficult as that may be).  What about, "Hogan Knows Best," "Blow Out," "Brat Camp," "So You Think You Can Dance"... just to name a few?  If you don't have time to watch them all yourselves, I suggest you get "special correspondents" to write or call in to cover those that you don't watch.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:54:55 PM »
Hey "Van" and "Bey".  Not trying to be d*ck here, but one of the cool features of this board (if you are a moderator) is that in the lower right hand corner it shows the IP address that you are posting from.  For example, you two are both posting from "12.36.93.190". 

Now, it's cool if you want to make some constructive criticism.  I make it all the time, check out my article on Jennifer Vazquez.  Just don't post under different names to get your point across.  That's all I ask.  Scroll up to the top, register a name, and then post "I think Trevor needs to cut the twelve-pack of Yuengling out of his pre-radio routine, he was really slurring his words" or "Instead of going out until two in the morning, Trevor needs to set his TIVO and start watching "So You Think You Can Dance."

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:57:20 PM by Trevor »
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Bey

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 01:00:31 PM »
Van and I are not the same person... we do, however, work for the same company - that would be why we have the same IP address.  Check our e-mail address and you'll see that it is two different e-mail addresses for two different people...  We just happen to both listen to your show and are fans of reality tv.  And my agreeing with him has nothing to do with the fact we work together... 

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 01:05:09 PM »
This is what I wanted to hear. We really have no one else to compare ourself to. If you look hard, there really isn't any other reality TV podcasts out there, so we really don't know what to talk about. Thats why we want comments like this, although, a little more polite would have been nice, but hey, I can't complain too much.

As for the nerd part, YES, I am an nerd, and to be honest, you have to be because of what it takes to do this. It takes hardware, software and a little knowledge about computers to do this. Trevor and I are separated by over 2000 miles. We have never met each other, but somehow, thru the miracle of technology, we come together and bring you the "Nerd and Wanna Be Stoner Show".

For not seeing the Britteny show, I don't get that channel on my satellite dish.

What you hear is really us, I don't put on an "act" because I am a LONG way from an entertainer. We actually do have 9 to 5 jobs and DO NOT make a living from this. Hell, we actually are in the hole from this whole thing because of the equipment we had to buy. We want to do this, and are having fun. I want to do things different, and I am glad that you said something, because we will try to make some changes to the show!

Hope you keep listening to the "Nerd and Wanna Be Stoner Show"!!

Rob