Author Topic: Housecalls : AUG 17,2005  (Read 3937 times)

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Housecalls : AUG 17,2005
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:07:44 PM »
anyone can tell me whats going with Housecalls

im sure someone will call them and asking about cheating and do not tell them about rules from pov,  :)*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 12:39:06 PM by carom3d »

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Housecalls
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 12:19:11 PM »
found site from other;

Caller: Wondering about the house exploding, etc. Was wondering exactly what they would do or how far they can push the envelope before BB steps in and what HG can do to get kicked out of the house. Arnold says they have very specific rules about violence and threats of violence. Arnold says there have been pretty caustic fights in the house, etc. Saying there have been no physical fights, etc. Marc asking about the thing with Jan/Beau the other night. Arnold says they were play fighting at first. Says they were stone cold drunk and that will never happen again. He says they were immediately pulled apart when they got serious about it. Gret asking about the alcohol. Arnold says they always control the amount of alcohol but Beau had that left over alcohol and that's partly why it happened. Marc asking about the penalty nominations... Arnold says they have not used that yet even though they have it to use if they want. Gret talking about how someone she met today wanted the whole Friendship up on a pen nom. Arnold repeats that there are always people in the house that others don't like and we all like different people. Says, as long as they play by the rules, they don't interfere.

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 12:23:55 PM »
Arnold talking about Kay and everyone loving him and he being a Muslim, etc. Says it is doing a lot of good that he's on and everyone really likes him. [*sigh* I have a lot of interruptions today so sorry for the lack of details. lawn guy is leaf blowing right in my ear so I can't hear everything being said] They were saying that Kay made a stupid mistake and Arnold points out that Kay had just come back in (hadn't eaten, been to the bathroom, etc.) and you can't fault him for being ethical enough to trust someone...etc.

Caller doesn't like Kaysar. Wants to know if they pick favorites in advance and only edit the show to show them in a good light? Thinks that is what is happening with Kaysar. Arnold says they don't edit favoring everyone... [AGAIN interrupted. Dang it. I really wanted to hear that part.]

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »
Arnold was shocked that Jen has the ability to lie like she has been because he had no indication of that from her interview, etc. He says she has broken no rules and you can personally not like what she's done but no rules have been broken in the game.

Gret wondering what they decide to show on the show since they only have 3 hours. He says the tentpole events of course and the key strategy and what he calls their "lighter" pieces. Arnold thinks the chocolate peepee clips were the funniest 2 minutes they've shown yet this season. Marc saying it was disgusting, etc. Arnold talking about looking for touching stuff too (err, touching as in Jee's tribute to his father, etc.)

Caller: Really enjoying this season. Wants to know before the show, what were they looking for in the couples and the pairs, etc. Also asking about James original partner. Arnold says it wasn't last minute but he did have an original partner who ran into some personal difficulties getting away for 3 months. Says they had met Sarah prior and had really liked her so decided to put her in... What we were looking for, looked for partners who would be loyal to the original person going in... and who was close enough to get along with them. Yet, wanted people who would still be someone they would have picked for the show regardless (in case partners got evicted). Says they saw 5 or 6 people for everyone they wanted to pick.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »
Arnold say there maybe a double eviction there may not . It could happen soon or may not .
Also said the HG's cannot sue each other for slander , they signed a contract.

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 12:33:41 PM »
Caller: Says hi to all. Asking about Kay's group being the favorite among most viewers. Wonders if they can do America's Choice to have two winners? Arnold says they are not going to copy another show, first of all. Then says, if she can come up with the million, he'd be happy to do it but he doesn't have that money to do it. Says it is an interesting idea but no thanks.

Caller: Is amazed and appalled at the racial slurs and slander in the house? Wants to know if the HG have the right to sue over this stuff? Arnold says he is personally apalled by those things as well and you will notice they do NOT end up on the show. Says the HG do not have the right to sue one another based on the paperwork you sign. Says you agree to go on the show for 3 months 24/7, you are opening yourself to everything and anything except violence. He also wishes that profanity didn't happen as well (mostly because it makes it hard to edit things). Gret talking about how she and Marc have talked about how what we see isn't censored because we SHOULD be appalled, etc.

Marc now wants to know if he thinks it edits Ivette favorably to not include a more total picture of who she is? Arnold says they are not trying to do it to make Ivette look better. Says we and CBS do not want to put those kind of comments on national TV. Wouldn't want his name on a show that shows those kind of things. Also says he wishes that they didn't have smokers because of what it promotes. But says he and Allison do not let their personal issues interfere in picking people.

Arnold agreeing with Marc that were was no political agenda to pick Kaysar. Says they interviewed half-dozen people for Mike and Kay just happened to be the most interesting of all of them.

Caller: She wants to be on BB7. Wants to know whatever she can do be cast. Arnold says, "Ok, I get it. You're using this forum to try and get to me." Telling people where they can go to get application, etc. Casting won't start again until around next March. Marc asking what they do NOT want to see in the videotape. Arnold says, 'Nudity.' Gret is amazed he gets that... asks if they think he is the playboy station or something. Arnold says they really want some representation of you that will get our attention and shows you at your best.

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »
Arnold say there maybe a double eviction there may not . It could happen soon or may not .
Also said the HG's cannot sue each other for slander , they signed a contract.

Terry in Orlando (gets my shout out from being from my location): Wonders if there will be double evictions since there are too many people left? Arnold says he won't comment because he has stepped into something. Says there may be one there may not. If there is one it may happen soon, it may not. Stay tuned! They repeat that it is the Summer of Secrets.

[Gret/Marc joking]

Caller: Says this lot of contestants doesn't seem have the same level of maturity as the past HG have had? Arnold says, again, there was no bar, etc. Says that the people you see in Week 6 and the people you see in pre-show interviews, are completely different people at times. Says the game sometimes brings out the best in people and sometimes it brings out the worst in them. Talking about how the game is the most intense of reality shows because of the length of time, etc. Arnold says if you are specifically referring to Howie, it is strategy on his part an dhe does know exactly what he is doing. Arnold says, when they cast, they DO look for people who would never hang out outside of the house. They purposely look for different people. Says anything can happen though - refers to people who become enemies and friends, etc. Marc joking about how April passed the psych test.

Caller: Wants to know if he was shocked by Howie and April and what's going on? Arnold says he's not shocked by it because Howie is capable of almost anything. He says Howie has said what he is doing to April is strategy on his part and anger over the Kaysar situation. It's how he chooses to express himself and, again, as long as it is not violent, he has a right to be obnoxious (or seemingly obnoxious) as much as he wants. He says she is obviously taking it or holding up.

Marc asking about him having a favorite. Arnold doesn't like to pick (or say) favorites because it will just stir things up again. Says he can not have a public opinion at this time. Says they pick 14 people they liked enough to put in the house.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Housecalls : AUG 17,2005
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:43:11 PM »
Hey carom, thank you ..that was interesting . I nomally dont watch cause Marcellus annoys me {l{

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 12:43:16 PM »
Caller: Wants to know if there is going to be a continuing BB. Has heard rumors there may not be one next year or the year after. Arnold jokes about what a shocking rumor. Says he has not heard it. They do have a brand new house/set. Says they are number one in their timeslot again, etc. They have not been officially notified yet but he sees no reason why not.

Arnold says they just need to come up with a new twist. Marc asking if they can have no twist. Arnold says you have to have one to keep people on their toes and keep it fresh. Gret says she hopes they will have one. Marc says she can think about twist ideas and he'll think about BB All Stars.

Arnold says he hopes he has communicated to everyone watching that they do not do these things that all these emails are accusing us of doing. Says they run a tight ship, etc. Says, NO, we can not do anything to save Kaysar if he is the one going. Gret joking about losing Arnold's number and email. He says let me do my job and please don't attack me, etc. Arnold says, even if we wanted to rig it, we have the Internet and that keeps us pure.

Marc yelling at us to stop calling him dumb for not using the veto and stop calling Kay dumb for taking his finger off the button. Gret pushing the surprise guest tomorrow and the feeds and the show, etc.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 01:03:46 PM »
no one asked about them cheating on veto....or jenn needing to be disqualified on HOH challenge.

Nuala

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 03:13:56 PM »
Thanks for the housecalls update.  This was very interesting to read.