Author Topic: TAR 8 - On-line Articles  (Read 121225 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: 'Amazing Race 8': A Family Affair
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 09:37:22 PM »
Puddin: :<(

To quote from your post of yesterday:

"CBS today announced the identities of the 10 families set to compete in THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION. For the first time ever, the Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series will feature teams of four instead of two, comprised of family members. The 10 teams of families will compete against one another in a race around the world for a $1 million prize.

and....

"THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION features 10 teams -- each comprised of four family members -- on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days."

and...

30,000 miles would take you around the world at least once at the equator (twice at the Artic Circle) And this is an awful lot of miles to run up just by travelling from the East Coast to the West Coast and back (About 7,000 miles; oh well make that 10,000 if they go South and North also) We have had suposedly sightings in Beliz and Panama. Still that would not account for a total of 30,000 miles. So were they able to sneak away and actually travel around the world more or less on a straight line from Panama to Europe to Asia and back to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and then on to Toronto and Montreal??????

"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 09:45:22 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »
I have been puffing and puffing on my pipe and the "arouand the world" quote that keeps coming up has me thinking.  Also the grand total of only 30,000 miles also has me puzzled. But as Sherlock said to the good doctor: Its elementary.  So here is the pipe dreams to beat all pipe dreams (and , Puddin, please don't ask what I have been smoking in my pipe)

This is my wildest guess of where TAR8 goes:

Leg One.    New York to Washington, DC                    205 miles
                 Washington DC to Charleston, SC               447 miles
                 Charleston,SC to Huntsville, AL                   404 miles

Leg Two    Huntsville, AL to Taladega, AL                       95 miles
                Taladega, AL to Beliz City, Beliz                   1109 miles

Leg Three   Beliz City to Panama City, Panama                 827 miles

Leg Four    Panama City to Wellington, NZ                      7447 miles

Leg Five    Wellington,NZ to Sydney, AUS                      1384 miles

Leg Six     Sydney, AUS to Manila, PI                              3898 miles

Leg Seven Manila, PI to Honolulu, HI                              5304 miles

Leg Eight   Honolulu, HI to San Francisco, CA                  2395 miles

Leg Nine    San Francisco, CA to Jackson, WY                  732 miles

Leg Ten     Jackson, WY to Toronto, Canada                  1557 miles (note may be included in Leg nine)

Leg Eleven     Toronto to Montreal                                  314 miles
                    Montreal to New York, NY                         320 miles

This gives us a total of                                                             26, 438 miles

Locations are selected for English speaking ability. English is the primary language in Beliz, Panama and The Philippines

There probably is local travel in and around these locations which would account for an additional 3,600 miles

If there are the usual 13 legs, then some locations may include more than one leg.

As I said this is a pure pipe dream.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 02:30:14 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 02:29:32 PM »
 :<( Gman ..I havent had time to put the spoilers together , if you want a go at it please do so  :kuss:
if not I'll have to make sometime, the BB6 updates is killing me .

Time to swipe stuff from the other board again   {l{ . ( thanks to greenraven@sucks )

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just returned from my cousin's wedding in New Orleans and in speaking with my other cousin at the family brunch, our conversation turned to TAR. She asked if I was still a fan, and informed me that one of the bridesmaids' boss (she works at The Ritz Carlton in N.O., as does he) had just gotten back recently with his family from filming the new TAR: Family Edition. The bridesmaid didn't have any other info outside of that/her boss didn't tell her much more, but look for a southern New Orleans family in the next race. Just a heads-up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They followed this post with one allegedly from the said N.O. hotel guy Racer posting on some board called Datalounge and added the board isn't the most reliable:

Quote:
I'm Going to Be on The Amazing Race with my family in September. We just got back (that's no spoiler, because even teams eliminated early go into sequester/decoy mode). The season should start in September. I'm the hotel manager from New Orleans. Can't really say much more, except I had some slight disappointment in the fact that this race took place mainly in North America. But that's understandable because some teams had children as young as 7 with them.

Well, hope you guys watch!!!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2005, 05:58:07 PM »
According to CBS the only family from New Orleans is the Schroeder Family.  And he is identified as an architect not a hotel manager. So who is this guy claiming that he is a Hotel Manager (Ritz Carlton) not an architect.  Is someone just posting to get his own kicks from Route 66? So claiming that the race took place "mainly in North America" still leaves some overseas travelling - Belize, Panama, and Canada are all still in North America as is the USofA, of course. Until more is proven rialable I would not take anything from this source as gospel

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »
GMan , credits to twop's

PRESS RELEASE

New Orleans - Proud to Call It Home for the Night

For additional information about this press release contact:

Char Schroeder
Director of Public Relations
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
921 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
USA
Phone: (504) 524-1331
Fax: (504) 670-2863
char.schroeder@ritzcarlton.com

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/new_orleans/overview/pressreleases/proud_to_call_it_home.html

« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 08:21:26 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 10:24:19 PM »
3 more Linzes wanted to be in 'Amazing Race'

By John Kiesewetter
Enquirer staff writer

The Linz family is (from left) Tim, Travis, Alex, mom Terri, Megan, Liz, Matt, Nick, Tommy and dad Tom. Nick, Alex, Megan and Tommy (aka "Bone") will be on the TV show, starting Sept. 27.

When CBS announced "The Amazing Race" cast for fall, the phone began ringing at the home of Tom and Terri Linz in Anderson Township. Four of the seven Linz kids had just finished taping the $1 million, around-the-world TV competition (premiering 9 p.m. Sept. 27, Channels 12, 7).

Terri Linz, 52, a part-time nurse at Clermont Mercy Hospital, is the official spokeswoman for her children.

Nick, 24, Alex, 23, Megan, 21, and Tommy (aka "Bone"), 19, are prohibited by CBS from talking to the media. Terri says Matt, 27, Travis ("TJ"), 25, and Tim, 16, wanted to go, but CBS would take only four-person teams for the first "Amazing Race" family version.

How they got involved: A casting director saw the whole family in a Cancun airport, while we were on a Christmas vacation, and asked if we ever thought of being on a reality show.

Four from seven: Matt and his wife, Liz, couldn't go because she was expecting a baby, our first grandchild (born Aug. 11). TJ is working in Chicago, and Nick's schedule was more flexible working for his father's company (Packstar) in Buffalo. Tim, a junior at St. Xavier, showed an interest, but he had to attend to some academics. He was dismayed.

Love those Bengals: They wore orange shirts with "Who Dey" on them (on the show). They are intense Bengals fans. They're the "Who Dey" team all the way. They're bringing "Who Dey" to the nation.

How "Bone" got his name: Everyone at CBS asked that. When he was little, he was a bald kid. Everyone always knew him as "Bone." It was on the back of his soccer and football jerseys.

Her lips were sealed: Oh my gosh, it was hard keeping this secret. But we did a good job covering it up. We made a list of all the people we told fibs to and had to tell them the truth.

Favorite reality show: I'm not an avid TV watcher. I don't have enough time, raising seven children. Of what I've heard and seen, this one sounds like a good wholesome show.

In the dark: I don't know where they went, or what they've done, since the beginning of July (when filming began). My kids aren't sharing any secrets with mom and dad, and I don't want to know. They've made statements that they think put Cincinnati on the map."

Proud mom: God has blessed me with really good kids. They're good, healthy, happy and not in trouble, as much as I know.

Big family: My husband is one of 11 children. His father has 47 grandchildren. My mother has 16 grandchildren. So my kids have over 50 first cousins. It's pretty crazy.

Being national TV stars: My boys want it made clear they don't have any significant others in their lives. They are single gentlemen.

E-mail jkiesewetter@enquirer .com
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/ENT/508210356/1025/LIFE

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 10:42:21 PM »
How they got involved: A casting director saw the whole family in a Cancun airport, while we were on a Christmas vacation, and asked if we ever thought of being on a reality show.

Nice catch, Puddin. That's the first "cast" team I've seen; I wonder how many others are left. I forget when applications for TAR8 were first announced, but now we know they were thinking about casting it at least since December '04.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »
You have the good eyes Slowhatch ..I read it so fast that I didn't catch it  :t-up:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 03:42:34 PM »
more on the teams

'The Amazing Race''s Family Edition

RELATED VIDEO
•  VIDEO 1  •  VIDEO 2 
•  VIDEO 3 

"The Amazing Race" will begin its next 30-day trek around the world on Sept. 27 on CBS, when the Racers queue up at the starting line for another exciting competition. This time out the 10 teams won't be taking off in pairs, but foursomes, with the new twist that they all must be family members.

PHIL KEOGHAN is back as host for the eighth installment of the hit CBS reality series, which premieres with a two-hour special (9-11 p.m.). As before, each team will still face a series of challenges, mental and physical, as they make their way to the final destination and the $1 million grand prize.

This season's Racers are:

GODLEWSKI SISTERS

These four sisters -- MICHELLE, 42; SHARON, 39; CHRISTINE, 37; TRICIA, 26 -- hail from Des Plains, IL, where they all live within 30 minutes of each other. They have traveled together before, but not with the challenges "The Amazing Race" presents each week.

WEAVER FAMILY

Mom LINDA, 46; daughters REBECCA, 19; and RACHEL, 16; and son ROLLY, 14, from Ormond Beach, FL, all suffered a tragic loss close to two years ago when Linda's husband and the kids' father was killed in an accident at the Daytona International Speedway. The Weavers are looking for the competition to bring them some happy new memories.

GAGHAN FAMILY

From Glastonbury, CT, the Gaghans -- father BILL, 40; mother TAMMY, 42; and kids BILLY,12; and CARISSA, 9 -- are looking to "The Amazing Race" to teach them how to work together. Mom and Dad may be at a bit of an advantage because they are both marathon runners.

BLACK FAMILY

The Blacks -- REGGIE, 42; KIM, 40; and kids KENNETH, 11; and AUSTIN, 8 -- from Woodbridge, VA, are used to competition. Reggie and Kim are teachers, while Kenneth and Austin compete in Tae Kwan Do tournaments. Austin is the youngest ever competitor in "The Amazing Race."

LINZ SIBLINGS

Cincinnati is the hometown of the Linz family -- NICK, 24; ALEX, 22; MEGAN, 21; TOMMY, 19. The three brothers and one sister hope their close relationship will take them to the finals and into the money.

ROGERS FAMILY

From Shreveport, LA, Team Rogers is comprised of dad DENNY, 46; mom RENEE,42; daughter BRITTNEY, 22; and son BROCK, 19. Denny says their motto for the "Race" is, "We never enter anything unless we intend to win."

SCHROEDER FAMILY

The Schroeders are MARK, 40; and CHAR, 39; and Mark's children from a previous marriage -- STASSI, 17; HUNTER, 15. From New Orleans, these Southerners are well-traveled and ready to go!

BRANSEN FAMILY

This dad -- WALTER, 51 -- with his three delightful daughters -- ELIZABETH, 25; LAUREN, 22; LINDSAY, 20 -- hail from Park Ridge, IL. If they look familiar, it is because they once appeared in a Pert shampoo commercial, but don't expect their journey to be smooth sailing. Several of the members admit to being impatient -- and Lindsay says her oldest sisters are bossy.

AIELLO FAMILY

TONY, 57, from Mansfield, MA, will be racing around the world with his three sons-in-law -- KEVIN, 31; MATT, 31; DAVID 26. This will be the first time these four have traveled together without their wives!

PAOLO FAMILY

The bickering Paolo family -- dad TONY, 52; mom MARION, 52; and sons DJ, 24; BRIAN, 16 -- hail from Carmel, NY. Will they be able to put aside their differences for a smooth "Race"? Tune in.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 06:44:16 PM »
Carmel family to compete in The Amazing Race on CBS
By: Eric Gross

Carmel family has been selected to compete in "The Amazing Race: Family Edition" that kicks off next month on CBS television.

The Emmy-winning reality program will feature four members from nine individual families who will travel around the world by competing against each other for a $1 million grand prize.

Anthony Paolo, his wife, Marion, and the couple's two sons, DJ, 24 and 16-year-old Brian, will be representing Putnam County on the program.

When contacted at her home last week, Marion Paolo said the television network had forbidden contestants from discussing the show with any representatives of the media.

An official at CBS told the Putnam Courier each family had a "family spokesperson. Once the contestants either win or are out of the running for the grand prize, they will be able to discuss their experiences with anyone they like."

Judy Racic, a neighbor of the Paolos, has been designated to speak on the family's behalf.

"They are the best. I've known them for the past 10 year, but I feel as though I've known them for all my life. They are caring, concerned and hard-working people. They always extend themselves and are all exceptional," said Racic.

Anthony Paolo, who emigrated from Italy, is a sanitation worker in New York City. Marion is a housewife, who cares for her elderly mother. DJ is employed by a title company and Brian is a student at Carmel High School.

"They are probably the most warm and caring family I've ever encountered. I'm really proud to call myself their friend and neighbor and, of course, I wish them good luck in the Amazing Race," said Racic.

Other families competing against the Carmel clan include a brother-sister combo from Buffalo, a father and his three daughters from Illinois, a father, step-mother and their children, and a team of four sisters.

CBS said the oldest family member competing on the show is 57 while the youngest is an 8-year-old from Virginia.

"The Amazing Race: Family Edition" premieres Sept. 27 on CBS from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15094509&BRD=1708&PAG=461&dept_id=72445&rfi=6

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Team info & on-line Articles
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 09:27:21 PM »
There it is again: "30-day trek around the world"

So they must be going to other places outside of North America (USofA; Belize, Costa Rica (?), Panama and Canada. And we have accounted for only 6,000 miles so far, so there still remain another 24,000 and two weeks of travel time to account for.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 09:43:56 PM »
 |#' Still some hope for us that love to spoil the locations GMan  ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2005, 12:40:06 PM »
Family competes on Amazing Race

By EMILY BROWN
ebrown@potomacnews.com
Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's hard to pack for vacation when no one in the family knows where they're going, how long they'll be there and what they'll do.

The Black family of Woodbridge - Reggie and Kimberly, and their children Kenneth and Austin - faced that dilemma with the hopes of winning a $1 million prize at the end of a 30-day intercontinental race.

For the second season in a row, Prince William County locals competed in "The Amazing Race," CBS's traveling scavenger hunt reality show.

The Blacks' television debut airs Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. on the show's eighth edition, one rearranged to include teams of four related persons, instead of two people with any combination of relationship.

In season seven, which aired in March, Woodbridge High School teacher and Lake Ridge native Bianca Smith and her childhood friend, Debbie Cloyed, formerly of Lake Ridge, raced around the globe. Their travels were cut short when they were eliminated in the third episode.

Like other seasons, the Blacks raced around the world toward a finish line. At every destination teams compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical. When tasks are completed, they learn their next destination. Teams that are farthest behind are gradually eliminated as the contest continues. The first team to arrive at the final destination wins the prize money.

The Blacks competed against nine other families in the race, taped this summer. Contracts with CBS forbid any of the participants to speak with members of the press until they are eliminated from the show or have won the prize.

Austin, 8, is the youngest person to ever compete in the race. While other teams have children, most are grown.

Other teams include all siblings, step-parents and in-laws.

Reggie, 42, serves as the team leader and taught math at Hylton High School from 2000 to 2004.

Amanda Jewell, 19, of Woodbridge had him for Algebra and trigonometry during her junior year at Hylton. She described him as laid back and personable, but strong willed.

"When it was time to get the job done, he got the job done," she said.

Her teacher was a student favorite, she said, and always looked forward.

"He would never give up on a student, so I know he would put that toward his kids and his family," she said.

Kimberly, 40, is a fifth-grade teacher in the city of Alexandria who describes herself in her show biography as witty and determined. She and Reggie met as students at Norfolk State University. Kimberly also has a master's degree in education from Marymount University.

Whatever the task, this family works as a unit, said Gisele Estrada, a family friend.

"They're very supportive of one another, and they communicate that to each other," Estrada said. Reggie and Kimberly's background as teachers led to effective listening and communicating skills, she said.

The family is competitive, she said, but not "cutthroat." They work together to achieve goals, and talk about what went wrong if the goal wasn't reached, she said.

The entire family participates in Tae Kwon Do. Reggie and Kimberly take adult Tae Kwon Do classes as well as participate in classes with their children.

Kenneth, 11, is entering sixth grade and earned a black belt two years ago. Austin will enter fourth grade this year. He has an advanced brown belt. The boys also compete in soccer and swimming.

Both boys are smart and studious, said Estrada, who has a son of the same age as Kenneth.

"They are so competitive and they love to get their hands in [things]," she said.

Though the Blacks don't claim to be as well traveled as other teams, Estrada thinks it will motivate them.

"It will drive Kenneth and Austin to do the best they can," she said.

Brenda Bumbrey, an office assistant at Hylton, said she wasn't surprised her former co-worker went on the show.

"He's a go-getter when it comes to a dollar bill," she said. Reggie would often teach summer school and night school to make extra money.

"He's always trying to make his family as comfortable as possible," she said.

http://www.potomacnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WPN%2FMGArticle%2FWPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784701313&path=

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 01:31:39 PM »
August 29, 2005
Amazing Race 8 Contestant Linda Weaver Sues The Daytona International Speedway
The Weaver family from Ormond Beach, Florida is one of the families competing on Amazing Race 8.  The Weaver family consists of Linda Weaver, a 46 year-old mom, and her three children; Rebecca (19), Rachel (16), and Rolly (14).  Linda’s husband and the children’s father, Roy Weaver was killed nearly two years ago in an accident at the Daytona International Speedway
According to the Cup Scene Daily, Roy Weaver was a track crew supervisor at the Daytona International Speedway.  Roy Weaver was trying to clear debris from the track when he was hit by a race car traveling at over 100 mph that was being driven by Ray Paprota.  Paprota is a paraplegic race car driver, but an investigation into the crash determined that “the fact that Paprota is paralyzed from the waist down wasn’t a factor in the crash.”

The News-Journal of Daytona Beach, Florida reports that Linda Weaver has recently filed a lawsuit against the Daytona International Speedway and others over her husband’s death.  The lawsuit claims that the “track lacked adequate safety procedures and the driver who struck him was traveling too fast.”  The lawsuit also alleges that officials did not immediately stop the race and drivers continued to “strike, drive over, desecrate and mutilate" her husband’s body.  According to the News-Journal the lawsuit “seeks an unspecified amount of damages in excess of $75,000.”

The official CBS Bio for the Weaver family notes that Linda Weaver “is hoping her experiences on The Amazing Race will alleviate some of the heartache from the last couple of years.”  The CBS Bio also states “All three children and their mother have dealt with their loss in their own distinct ways and are looking forward to the experience of traveling and competing together as a family.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Amazing Race news.  For other great Amazing Race news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Amazing Race.
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/08/amazing_race_8_.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 05:42:21 PM »
Meet the Cast: The Amazing Race
Posted by teletart on August 29, 2005 08:44 PM (See all posts by teletart)

In which your hostess, teletart, indulgues in shallow conjecture, based entirely on pictures and those snappy little bios on network websites. Because snide shallow conjecture is what reality TV is all about!

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/08/29/204457.php
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 12:27:07 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2005, 02:45:12 PM »
Scanned from my TvGuide wk Sept4 /10

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2005, 11:19:09 PM »
I wonder what's become of the Schroeders. I don't like much of what I've read about them pre-race, but it's hard not to feel sympathy with a family whose home and livelihood are all underwater.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2005, 11:48:28 PM »
 :sad: No kidding Slowhatch ..God speed  and sending thoughts & prayers .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 01:55:30 PM »
"Amazing" family
By HEATHER SALERNO
hsalerno@thejournalnews.com
THE JOURNAL NEWS

Carmel High School senior Brian Paolo has his classmates beat when they start trading summertime stories: He and his family are among the adventurers competing on CBS's "The Amazing Race" this fall.

More on the article here ~ ;)

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/LIFESTYLE01/509010412/1031/LIFESTYLE01
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 10:42:48 AM by puddin »

Offline teletart

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005, 01:39:31 AM »
I appreciate that you've cut and paste my writing from blogcritics Puddin,  :))  though I'm not sure how they'd feel about the entire article being reposted.  Isn't it just as easy to provide a teaser and a link?  Anyhoo, copyright fun n' games aside, feel free to check out my blog, where this post originally appeared - and where there's lots more speculation about TAR and other shows:  http://longplastichallway.blogspot.com

xx teletart

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 09:29:35 AM »
I wonder if TV Guide will feature the other seven families in the three weeks to come or is there some special significance in the choice of the the Aiellos, Schroeders and Gaghans?

And there is certainly a lot being published PRE-RACE this time around. A lot of local newspapers seem to be getting to the various families and I wonder how tight-lipped they really are?  I can just see some 8 or 9 year old keeping quiet about "what I did last summer" when they return to school.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2005, 10:48:49 AM »
teletart  :)* , sorry . But ,  I'm glad that you find us and yes , I am checking out your Blog as I type this , Thank you and Welcome
 xx puddin .

I'm with you on this idea GMan ..some kid is probably  :':') because their family didn't win, soon they will be  B:) B:) to their friends & classmates ..its only a matter of time . But where to look ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »
Hey teletart , I get Google news alerts for TAR and your name popped up again  ;)

"The Amazing Race": Handicapping Season 8
I was so busy handicapping the race to see who would be selected to compete in the ninth season of the CBS reality show “The Amazing Race” that I didn’t notice that the network has announced the teams for the upcoming eighth season, which premieres September 27 at 9 p.m. The hit show, which usually features teams of two in a frantic race around the world, will feature four-person families this time around. I’m not going to handicap the competition for this season, but teletart at blogcritics.org did. 

Posted by Michael Yessis • 9.7.05

http://www.worldhum.com/weblog/item/the_amazing_race_handicapping_season_8_20050905/

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »
No further writeups of teams in this week's TV GUIDE.  So does that give added significance to the fact that last week they included writeups of only the Aiellos, the Schroeders, and the Gaghans????? }}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2005, 11:56:21 PM »
 :<( GMan.,To me the Aiellos really have the  <}/  , we shall see about the brains  {l{