Author Topic: Taking Issue with Recent Decisions on Survivor  (Read 7126 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Taking Issue with Recent Decisions on Survivor
« on: August 13, 2005, 08:45:58 AM »
I just finished this up.  It was inspired by the inclusion of Steph and Bobby Jon in this year's cast.

http://www.realityfanforum.com/content/view/37/2/
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Taking Issue with Recent Decisions on Survivor
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
You big whiner!!!!  ((^  i agree if it is not an all star show, then bringin back 2 people that have lived through part of a season of survivor gives them an advantage.

now the question is do you boot them right away so they do not have a chance again or do you keep them until close to merge??

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 03:04:09 PM »
They are obvious targets.  It wouldn't shock me if they got eliminated early.

I just don't believe CBS needed to set this precedent in a cheap attempt to drive up ratings.  I like Steph and Bobby Jon, but they lost.  If they want another opportunity, then Survivor 16 "The All Stars Part Deux" is when they should have gotten their second crack.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »
I agree with you, Trevor.  I've been watching Survivor Borneo on OLN and I must say that it looks refreshing compared to what we've been subjected to in the last few seasons.  Even though the contestants are given less now in the way of provisions, they are just too over the top in looks and behavior.  Even little Colleen looks fat compared to the muscular chicks with six-pack abs they bring in to compete these days. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
Hey Amikino!!! Hope you are back to spoil, talk and chat with us for survivor

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 06:07:12 PM »
Thank God I'm not alone.  I'm watching all these seasons intently and I plan on trying to pinpoint the exact season where they began their slide towards casting too many model/actor-actress wannabes.

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 10:21:29 PM »
i am of the same opinion trevor. if they want to bring back popular past contestants they should wait until an all star edition. honestly, i didn't really think that bobby john was that great of a competitor either. it seems like a silly move on survivor's part. unless there is some other twist (and reality twists these days seem to be nonexistant--lol) both bobby john and stephanie will find themselves on the chopping block early on. stephanie really has no chance--so why bother?

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 10:06:17 AM »
I have this feeling that the reason Steph and Bobby Jon are being given a second chance here is because there must have been some sort of technical snafu last season.  By that I mean, some sort of deviation from the rules that we didn't see from the footage shown on TV.  So to avoid any litigation, Mark Burnett must have made a deal to let them compete again on this show.  However, I think Steph and Bobby Jon are leaving themselves wide open because they have targets on them since they've had the chance to play already.  If I were one of the new contestants, I'd make sure to vote off Bobby Jon and Steph before anyone else. 

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 05:41:40 AM »
Where did this entire spoliler come from?   I've heard nothing about it.
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 10:58:48 AM »
It's just something being circulated around the internet.  But the two surprises they keep talking about, is that Steph and Bobby Jon are getting another shot.  Cecil, I know you have to be disappointed about Steph coming back to the show.  {l{

Amikino, I totally agree.  Steph and Bobby Jon will have huge targets on their back.  It will be like on All-Stars when they all ganged up to eliminate the former winners.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 11:07:23 AM »
Rumor has it BJ & Steph get one free pass for immmunity for the first episode .

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 11:17:44 AM »
They'd almost have to have passes....thry're gonna be sitting ducks!!! :)*
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »
This will make the trbies fight...some will want to keep them as they are strong competitors and others will be NO THEY had there chance!  Should be interesting to see the reactions.

Plus how can Steph and BJ be gone that long again???

Offline tenboard

• Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 01:11:13 PM »
I agree that there must be some legal reason to bring them back...don't get me wrong..I really enjoyed both of them last year...but survivor can not be hard up for contestants...

and man,  I wish they would go back to john q. public in the contestants...I don't need to be watching pretty boy and big boobs playing to make it a great show for me...I like watching the guy next door ...it gives me a nice feeling of if he can do it...so can anyone else...
no matter how much you dislike your mother-in-law,  you must never set her on fire..................ernest wilde

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 02:17:25 AM »
I agree that there must be some legal reason to bring them back...don't get me wrong..I really enjoyed both of them last year...but survivor can not be hard up for contestants...and man, I wish they would go back to john q. public in the contestants...I don't need to be watching pretty boy and big boobs playing to make it a great show for me...I like watching the guy next door ...it gives me a nice feeling of if he can do it...so can anyone else...

I so much agree with you tenboard.  IMO, the first two seasons were the best in that respect.  Just plain home folks.  They've had a few of that type in each season, but the focus seemed to change along the way towards more of the model types. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 02:38:47 AM »
Trevor, Just read your article...the Survivor part.  Great thoughts & I agree.  As much as I loved Stephanie on s10 & have been looking forward to seeing her on s11, it's setting a precedent.  If previous survivors return to a current season, they shouldn't be as a contestant.  Surely MB can think of some other purpose for their appearance.  How about using them as a reward for a winning tribe.  The reward could be 1 or 2 former survivors help with one immunity challenge.  Just a thought!

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 03:12:06 AM »
 (| Steph getting annother shot at the mill =awsome whateva the circumstances.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 03:18:22 AM »
Cecil you need a new picture of Steph ..  |#'

http://www.stephenielagrossa.com/

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 04:54:56 AM »
but the snapshot part isn't open yet.
I'll change it when cbs posts some new pics of her after the premiere.  cheers for the site tho puddin. |#'

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »
RudyRules, what I really don't understand is why set the precedent when you could have just slapped Steph and Bobby Jon together as a team and put them on Amazing Race.  While I'm not a big fan of this either, I wouldn't have complained at all.  After a season of Amazing Race, you're not that far from Survivor 16 "The All Stars Part Deux".  It would have made perfect sense.

Offline aprilsvagina

• RFF Sr. Member
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 04:48:41 PM »
bobby jon was always a day late and a dollar short,steph was a great competitor.has to have something to do with that sorry ass team they were on last year.bobby jon looks like a dear in headlights,he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell,and stephs got a target on her that she will not be able to remove.i say bring back that looney tune that sings and got eliminated before she broke a sweat,lmao,i was so dissapointed we didnt get to see more of her,it would have made for great television.

"im gonna go poo,wanna eat breakfast"maggie the er nurse
"sex with some of these women today is like throwing a sausage down a hallway"howie the jedi

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 01:51:08 AM »
RudyRules, what I really don't understand is why set the precedent when you could have just slapped Steph and Bobby Jon together as a team and put them on Amazing Race. While I'm not a big fan of this either, I wouldn't have complained at all. After a season of Amazing Race, you're not that far from Survivor 16 "The All Stars Part Deux". It would have made perfect sense.
Sorry so late answering you, Trevor.  Great idea you have...Steph & BJon on TAR!  Would be interesting since they've been together in two Survivors.  Might as well put'em in the big Race too! (that is if neither of them win s11.  IMO, 1Mil winners don't belong in TAR...evne tho I liked Romber...well except for a few times.  ]][  )