Author Topic: S11 Cast  (Read 25517 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
S11 Cast
« on: August 11, 2005, 07:54:16 AM »
Site Link

Amy O'Hara, 39, police sergeant in Revere, MA

Blake Towsley, 24, sells commercial real estate in Dallas

Brandon Bellinger, 22, is a farmer from Manhattan, KS

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:11:37 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: S11 Cast
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 07:57:52 AM »
Brian Corridan, 22, ivy league student at Columbia lives in NYC

Brianna Varela, 21, makeup artist Edmonds, WA

Brook Struck, 26, law student in Santa Monica, CA

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 08:01:09 AM »
Cindy Hall, 31, zookeeper from Naples, FL

Danni Boatwright, 30 is a sports reporter also from KS

Gary Hogeboom, 46, former NFL quarterback from Grand Haven, MI

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 08:04:45 AM »
Jamie Newton, 24, water ski instructor from North Hollywood, CA

Jim Lynch, 63, retired fire captain from North Glen, CO

Judd Sergeant, 34, Richfield NJ works as a doorman at a NYC hotel

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 08:08:55 AM »
Lydia Morales, 42, is a fishmonger in Lakewood, WA

Margaret Bobonich, 43, family nurse practictioner from Chardon, OH

Morgan McDevitt, 21, resident of Decatur, IL works as a magician's assistant

Rafe Judkins, 22, is a student in Providence, RI

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 08:09:43 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 08:13:14 AM »
Yellow
Judd
Brandon
Blake
Jim
Cindy
Margaret
Brooke

Light Blue
Amy
Brian
Brianna
Gary
Jamie
Lydia
Morgan
Rafe

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 08:24:10 AM »
From the Early Show~

This season, 16 castaways will be stranded amid the ancient Mayan ruins of northern Guatemala.

It's in the harsh Central American jungle that members of the new cast will compete against each other, and the elements, for the $1 million prize and the right to be called the "Survivor."

The contestants were announced on The Early Show.

If the name Gary Hogeboom sounds familiar is because the Grand Haven, Mich., resident played quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

"I don't want to go by my last name on the show," the 46-year-old says, "People would vote me off immediately if someone knew I was in the NFL. Everyone thinks we made big money. I was pre-big money."

He is not the only one who wants to downplay his identity. New York City resident, Brian Corridan doesn't want others to know he is an Ivy League student.

"It's a big secret," the 22-year-old says, "That's just a stupid thing to tell people. It hides my intelligence. You don't come out here and tell people you're better then them. That's just dumb."

Dallas resident, Blake Towsley's strategy is to play the love game. The 24-year-old who sells commercial real estate says, I can't see myself establishing a relationship on 'Survivor,' but it's a facet that I will exploit to the best of my ability in order to win."

Well, he probably will not have any luck with 39-year-old Amy O'Hara. She is a police sergeant in Revere, Mass., and she warns, "If you think you're going to play me, think again."

Brianna Varela, a make-up artist from Edmunds, Wash., plans to use her powers of persuasion.

"I sell $285 wrinkle cream. Do you really need $285 wrinkle cream?" the 21-year-old asks, "That's my job. I sell women what they don't need."

Perhaps expect to see some magic from Decatur, Ill., resident, Morgan McDevitt. The 21-year-old works as a magician's assistant.

But you won't see any girly girl stuff from Danni Boatwright. The sports radio talk show host in Tonganoxie, Kans. Says, "Some of my friends say I'm like six inches away from being a guy. I'm such a tomboy. I love sports, etc. There's nothing girly about me." She is 30 years old.

Also from Kansas is Brandon Bellinger. The 22-year-old farmer is from Manhattan. From Naples, Fla., is 31-year-old Cindy Hall. She is a zookeeper.

Lydia Morales, 42, is a fishmonger in Lakewood, Wash. Jamie Newton, 24, is a water-ski instructor from North Hollywood, Calif. Judd Sergeant, 34, of Ridgefield, N.J. works as a doorman at a New York City hotel.

Brook Struck is 26 and a law student in Santa Monica, Calif. Also a student is Rafe Judkins. The 22-year-old is from Providence, R.I.

Margaret Bobonich, 43, is a family nurse practitioner from Chardon, Ohio. And Jim Lynch is a retired fire captain from Northglenn, Colo. At age 63, he is this season's oldest competitor.

Who among these 16 castaways will be able to "Outwit, Outplay and Outlast" the others for 39 days of intense competition in the Central American rainforest? Only the Mayan spirits know for sure.

In addition to the grueling overnight hike, the castaways will be faced with two additional surprises in the first episode that will dramatically impact how they play the game.

The 11th edition of the Emmy Award-winning series debuts on Thursday, Sept. 15, from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/10/earlyshow/series/survivor/main769959.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 08:25:40 AM »
some low-resolution pictures from my wintv

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
Gary Hogeboom is right.  If I were in the cast and heard his name I would realize instantly that he played in the NFL and that he needed to be voted off. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 09:14:32 AM »
Direct Realone Video link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 09:26:29 AM »
a few more screengrabs

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
I found a mistake on the CBS website
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 09:36:29 AM »
those who have been Spoiling Survivor for many seasons will not find that surprising.
I'm sure we will discover more thoughout the season.

They have listed Jamie Newton as 39 years old, yet his BIRTHDATE  is January 1981~~~~

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 10:23:17 AM »
i noticed that they said there were only going to be 16 castaways! i thought there were 18??? i think that the 2 they are not showing may be from previous seasons and that the "surprise" the early show talked about was those two people joining them. i dunno - let me know what u think
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
I think they are keeping those two as a surprise. The site said 18 castaways originally .
Hey Mrs. Kutz , CBS webmonkeys on the loose
" don't miss a single episode of Survivor Palau "   {l{

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 01:01:41 PM »
lots of young people this time, but a mix of older people (older then 25)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 01:08:49 PM »
Nice mix  :nods: , I'll do the Bios/Favs later . CBS has flash now for the S11 site , no more copying and pasting ( poo )  :unde:

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
thanks, puddin! they don't look like a lively bunch, but i'm sure it'll be interesting!

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 01:34:15 PM »
Doing the countdown to S11 dance!!  (|  {**}

Thanx Puddin for the info! Your such a doll  ]**]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 01:34:23 PM »
Did you get a chance to watch the video socks ? Your right , not lively at all , they do not look happy  {l{

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 01:41:08 PM »
yeah, i saw the preview. lol they look like they've been starved. guess the huntin's not too good out there in guatemala  :headhunter:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
Our genius and guiding light, Puddin' posted this the other day:

Here we go again. Another local yokel in the reality TV world. A number of Web sites for geeks who follow such things have outted Margaret Bobonich of Munson Township as a cast member of "Survivor: Guatemala," which recently wrapped shooting. Now technically, no one can say for sure that she's in. CBS is waiting to "announce" the cast on "The Early Show" on Thursday. And when I talked to her Monday, she sort of snickered and pretended not to know what "Survivor" is. I resorted to my Jedi journalist mind tricks and asked her if it was fun. She just giggled and coyly said she didn't know what on earth I was talking about. She even said she couldn't tell me what she does for a living, which I think your average person would've figured out by the age of 43. But Bobonich did say I could call back Thursday. Which either means she likes my telephone voice or she really is on the show. Look, I'll tell you up front that I have zero intel on this. But I'm betting right here and now that not only was she hangin' in Guatemala, I wouldn't be surprised if she won.

Looks like someone, somewhere has some pretty good straight spoiler dope.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 03:27:42 PM »
rather white washed cast this time. we'll have to see after the first episode.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 05:06:36 PM »
Hey GMan posting on Survivor  :<( !!
cinni I was thinking the same thing  ;) , I wonder what happened to the rumored Bill Cosby look alike ?

A bunch of video links here ~

Survivor: Guatemala
Cast

Meet The New 'Survivor' Cast

The Early Show introduces the cast of CBS' Emmy Award-winning series 'Survivor Guatemala: The Maya Empire.' The 11th edition of the reality show debuts Sept. 15.

Jeff Probst's Assessment

"Survivor: Guatemala" host Jeff Probst gives his assessment of the contestants, commenting on each participant's strengths and weaknesses.

Lydia Morales' Big Guns

The 42-year-old Fishmonger from Lakewood, Washington talks a little about herself, what she expects from the competition and why she could possibly be a winner.

Margaret Bobonich Works Hard

This 43-year-old Nurse Practitioner knows you have to work hard to get what you want, and that’s one of the rules she’ll be sticking to in the “Survivor: Guatemala” competition.

Bradon The Farm Hand

Brandon Bellinger is a 22-year-old farmer/rancher from Manhattan, Kansas and one of his favorite scents is fresh cut grass. This self-described wild guy explains why he thinks he can win.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?channel=/elements/2005/08/11/i_video/videoarchive771867_1_videosection_page.shtml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »
From ET tonight

The 'Survivor: Guatemalans' Revealed!

August 11, 2005
The brave new castaways for "Survivor: Guatemala" have been revealed, as the 11th addictive season of the show plays out in the ancient Mayan Ruins this September 15 on CBS.

Island staple and host JEFF PROBST returns to guide the campers through an unforgiving rainforest and triple-digit temps to their various challenges. And no time is wasted getting into the game, as the players are subjected to an 11-mile walk just as they set foot in the crocodile-infested jungle of Guatemala.

Included in the mix this time is former NFL Quarterback GARY HOGEBOOM, who plans on keeping that identity under wraps!

YOUR NEW SURVIVORS:

Athletic AMY, a 39-year-old police sergeant from Revere, MA who loves reality TV. Her objective is to remain positive no matter what.

Twenty-four-year-old model and real estate broker BLAKE, a Texan who loves the outdoors and KATIE HOLMES. His strategy? To be a provider and lay low!

Hotel doorman JUDD, a 34-year old from Ridgefield, NJ, who says he "gets along with everybody." Time will tell!

Twenty-two-year-old "fearless" farmer BRANDON, from Kansas. He says to watch out, because while he seems like a simple "hick," he can be really cunning!

"Redneck Barbie" or DANNI, a 30-year-old sports radio talk show host from Kansas with killer abs!

Forty-three-year-old family nurse practitioner MARGARET, from Ohio, who says she is simply "determined" to win.

Forty-six-year-old GARY, an ex-NFL quarterback and real estate developer from Michigan, who doesn't plan on telling the other campers that he was in the NFL!

Retired fire captain JIM, 63, out of Colorado. His motto? Never go to bed mad!

Brainiac BRIAN, a 22-year-old Ivy League student from New York who was voted "most likely to succeed" and "best personality." He says he will win and has studied every single episode of "Survivor."

BRIANNA, a 21-year-old make-up artist from Washington. Self-described as a "very good listener" and "trustworthy," she says she can sell anything, including $285 wrinkle cream!

Beach babe BROOKE, 26, a law student from California. "Watch out ... I definitely have the mental game," she reveals.

Zookeeper CINDY, a 31-year-old from Florida. Her weakness? Animals!

A 22-year-old student named RAFE, from Rhode Island. His dislikes? Judgmental people.

21-year-old magician's assistant and waitress MORGAN, from Illinois. She is on a "spiritual journey" and says she looks "good in a swimsuit."

LYDIA, a 42-year-old fishmonger from Washington. She loves fishing, naturally, and TOM HANKS.

Thirty-nine-year-old water ski instructor JAMIE, from California, who loves diving, Fruity Pebbles cereal and country music.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/etsid122110012208/