Author Topic: simple life season 4  (Read 10181 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
simple life season 4
« on: August 03, 2005, 02:45:41 PM »
NEW YORK -     Paris Hilton and     Nicole Richie are stuck together for another season of "The Simple Life" — even if they're not speaking to each other.

Fox announced Thursday that the network has picked up the options on the contracts for both of the feuding friends for the fourth season of the reality show. Aside from the public rift between Hilton and Richie, Fox sees other fodder for on-screen sparks.

"Given the fact that both Paris and Nicole are engaged and about to be married ... there's got to be something in that world," said Fox Entertainment President Peter Liguori according to AP Radio.

In April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was "no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that's all I'm ever going to say about it."

The hotel heiress gave no reason for the split. She also lobbied for Richie to be replaced by another friend of hers,     Rod Stewart's 25-year-old daughter, Kimberly.

Liguori said he isn't sure what direction they'll be taking the show. In May, Hilton told The AP that the show may be headed to Hawaii because the network wanted to "sex it up."

Richie, the 23-year-old daughter of singer     Lionel Richie, became engaged to club DJ Adam Goldstein in February. Hilton, 24, followed suit in late May with Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.

An air date for "The Simple Life 4" has not yet been set.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050729/ap_en_tv/tv_simple_life

Should be interesting to see how the show will work and fi the girls can actually work together now that they are not friends.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: simple life season 4
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:18:40 PM »
Hopefully this one is better than last season . I dropped it after the second show and never went back . Thanks for sharing Texan  :))

Offline jessy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:29:37 PM »
Hopefully this one is better than last season . I dropped it after the second show and never went back . Thanks for sharing Texan  :))

Last season was AWFUL. Their catch phrases and internships that they'd screw up everytime got real old real fast.
I'm glad FOX decided to keep Nicole though. She makes the show. Paris is just boring.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:35:32 PM »
The new season comes out this Sunday night at 10, and was picked up by E! after fox dropped it.  Anyone else gonna check it out?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:26 PM »
:hithere: CherrySoup!    name!   :welcome: :welcome: to the Forum! 
I've never watched The Simple Life, but I'm sure there are some rff members who have!  So come back often to chat about it and other shows you like!   

Have fun!
Ruday  ;D

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:22:36 AM »
I saw it last year. It was fairly humerous. I watched until it wasn't on anymore. It's another one of those 'train wreck' shows I love to watch. It's horrible, yet I can't look away. Those two are my favorite air-heads.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »
So are you going to be watching the new season?  The only thing that I think will prevent more people from watching it is that FOX is practically basic cable, and E! is a cable channel.  Regardless, I can't wait to see it :)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 01:15:03 PM »
Yea, I will wtch it. I saw Season two at the video store yesterday for 10.00 and almost picked it up. I'm thinking of going back and getting it because I never saw the full season.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
I'm curious to see how different the season are.  This season seems like it has a little bit more of a point.

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 01:01:36 AM »
I LOVED IT, AND GLAD IT IS COMING BACK!!  TO ME, THEY  WERE HILARIOUS!!  COURSE I AM A GRANDMOTHER, AND THOUGHT THEIR HUMOR WAS GREAT!!  KIDS!!!   :lol3:    I WILL BE WATCHING IT!! :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 01:05:45 AM »
 :waves: GAMMY, a little off-topic here ! I'm hooked on Pogo bingo & slot machines as well as poker  :lol3:,I only have one weeks pass for the higher end games but am having a blast . My bf is like " How long can you play Bingo " and I'm like I can't STOP  :woohoo: if you see me around , puddinrose8  :waves:

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »
I saw the previews for the new season and I did not see Nicole.  Did I just miss her or is she not in this season? ???
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »
The Simple Life? It's Not That Simple
Richard L. Barrett, III

They're baaaaack! Just when you thought, in your darkest hours during the middle of endless sleepless nights that were mired in dejection, that you would have to face a life without the crazy antics of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie invading some poor (sometimes literally) family's lives, well grieve no more, friends, because The Simple Life returns this Sunday, June 4, at 10 pm on the E! network!

( more here )

http://newsblaze.com/story/20060602071830rich.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Story.html

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »
Did anyone watch it last night??  Review.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »
I didnt even know it was on  :angel:

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:24:41 PM »
Did anyone watch it last night??  Review.

I feel pretty badly for Mrs. Nolan.

That house was TRASHED.

And I can't believe Paris won.  I have a lot of problems with that.  Namely, because on E! where they show the extra footage, she filled her baby suit with popcorn.  But then, when Doug was carrying her she asked if she was heavy and he said Yes.  But that was just popcorn, so that means...she's heavy! so I laughed.

I loved Nicole.  I'm not sure she should have WON, but I enjoyed her so much more in this first episode.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 11:27:18 PM »
PS - http://www.eonline.com/On/SimpleLife4/index.html?SLife4GM
That's E!'s website, which shows extra footage (like Paris cheating!) ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 11:30:55 PM »
theres so many clips ! now I don't have to watch it on tv ........thanks CherrySoup  :jumpy:

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 11:55:36 PM »
theres so many clips ! now I don't have to watch it on tv ........thanks CherrySoup  :jumpy:

Heeehee, you're welcome!  Stay tuned for more next week ;)

There's more that they don't show you ON the show though, but...like there was this opening sequence that I thought was pretty lame, so it's good you're saving youself that, but Nicole was...oh my goodness.  So funny. :oD

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »
Actually I stopped watching after season 2 I guess , but now I might have to because I forgot how funny Paris & Nicole can be  :lol: , there are other clips from Intern and the Burger King one was a riot !

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 12:51:08 AM »
Actually I stopped watching after season 2 I guess , but now I might have to because I forgot how funny Paris & Nicole can be  :lol: , there are other clips from Intern and the Burger King one was a riot !

They ARE really funny.  I actually think Nicole is the funnier of the two, but...Oh my goodness.  There's this one part, at the end, she walks out of the house after already upsetting the wife, and she says "Lily's going to be the best stripper!" (Lily's the daughter) and walks out.  I just thought that was HYSTERICAL!  :lol3:  Like, oh my goodness.  You already upset the lady.  Shhsh!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »
So I guess this is at least worth Tivo'ing one episode to see if holds my interest.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
Hey chunky lover :)

It  was worth it for me.  I thought it was really a funny show, and I really enjoy the format of them not filming together.  You can check out the clips though, I think they give a fair assessment of the show, before you waste precious tivo space ;)  (I only have like the 40 hours, and that fills up SO fast :( )

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 01:51:36 PM »
I'll give it a show.  If it gets too dumb there is always the delete button.

Offline CherrySoup

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 02:37:39 AM »
So, did you check it out?  What did you think?

I'm a little confused this week, because I'm not even sure they picked a winner.  But at least they both did, you know, sometimes be a little observant of the culture...

I thought it was funny when they were asked what they knew about Pakastan.

Also, since you have a tivo too, maybe you know this - I've been tivo'ing the episode that's on at 10 on E!, but E!'s website says it's on again at 1030.  Is that the same episode, or a repeat, or...like, is that worth tivo'ing as well, do you know?  I keep forgeting to just CHECK when it's on...  :-[

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »
From what I can tell the 10:30 is a repeat of last weeks episode.  So if you miss a week you can catch up.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Paris v Lindsay Dance off
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »
From realitytvworld.com

'Simple Life' star Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan engage in dance-off

The New York nightclub Stereo had a new form of entertainment when "The Simple Life" star Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan battled on the dance floor.

The impromptu contest began early Wednesday morning, when both celebrities began dancing in the club's VIP section and continued for hours, with both women reportedly waiting for the other to stop first, People magazine reported.

Hilton and Lohan's dancing competition continued until 7 a.m., apparently without either woman acknowledging the other while dancing.

"They were really dancing, non-stop. It was funny," a source told People. "They didn't say a word to each other, but they were literally a foot-and-a-half away from each other the entire time."

The dance-off is the most recent event in what has been an ongoing feud between the celebrities. The incident stemmed from occurrence on Monday where Lohan was confronted by Hilton for dating her ex-boyfriend, Stavros Niarchos, People said.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
thanks CL !!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Paris Hilton says she and 'Simple Life' pal Nicole Richie will make up
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »
I know everyone was waiting for this one!!

From Realityworld.com

Despite their extremely public feud and recent comments that she didn't "want to speak to her again - ever," Paris Hilton now feels that she and The Simple Life co-star Nicole Richie will make up some day.

You know I love Nicole and I've known her twenty years," Hilton told Live With Regis and Kelly  hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa in a Tuesday morning appearance to promote The Simple Life: 'Til Death Do Us Part, the fourth The Simple Life edition that recently premiered on E!, the cable network that picked up the series after Fox decided to drop it.

"I've looked at baby pictures, it makes me sad but she's, you know, we're going through something right now and we'll make up one day," Hilton added.

According to Hilton, who ended her engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis last year and also broke up with boyfriend Stavros Niarchos (another Greek shipping heir) earlier this year, she's enjoying her new single status. "I'm a very strong woman. I don't need a man. I can be on my own," she told the daytime television show hosts. "I always have a boyfriend all the time, so I've never really got to know me and, like, have time for myself because I spend all my energy on the boyfriend."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »
It sucks to be Paris ( yeah right )  :meow: :meow: :meow:

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'Simple Life' star Paris Hilton's debut single becoming an instant hit
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »
From Realityworld.com

Paris Hilton's new single, "Stars Are Blind" -- already the No. 1 requested song on Z-100 in New York -- may hit Billboard's Top 10 this week.

Z-100 Program Director Romeo told the New York Post he knew the song would polarize the station's audience, but it was still one of his five most requested songs last week. Half the station's callers said they hated the song, said Romeo, who interviewed the heiress-singer last week.

"Stars" -- a four-minute song is pop with a reggae beat -- is playing on 50 stations across the country. It is the first single from Hilton's first album, which is scheduled for an Aug.1 release.