Author Topic: "Summer Of Secrets"  (Read 6218 times)

Offline FullMonte

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
"Summer Of Secrets"
« on: July 21, 2005, 07:33:41 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that they should rename "The Summer of Secrets" to "The Summer of Stuff We Haven't Told You Yet---But, We'll Spell It Out For You Soon"??

Example:  Rachel is head of household, she walks into her room, and the remote is on the bed.
Better Idea:  Have the remote hidden in the room somewhere.....

Example:  She starts playing with the spy screen, and finds the gold room.  The camera almost immediately zooms in and out on the books, leading her to check the books in the HOH room
Better Idea: Let her see the gold room, but have the books be a contrasting color.  Give her a few days before zooming in on them.

Example:  They can't get into the workout room.  All of a sudden there is a sign on the fridge saying "It's Time To Workout."  They walk to the workout room door, and Howie (I think it was) says, "Was that clock there before?"
Better Idea:  Have the clock in the room....see if one of the houseguests notices that it never changes....If not, after a week or so...you can put the "It's time to workout" sign up to give them a hint....

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: "Summer Of Secrets"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 07:36:30 AM »
LOL, I love it!!!

It is so true, however. I don't think they expected the Houseguests to be so lazy! If I were them I would ALWAYS looking around messing with stuff unless I get into trouble! But you are so right, and I think you should talk to CBS about that! LOL

Rob

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 09:09:56 AM »
I agree...they keep saying there are tons of surprises...why are they not checking everything.  Oh and has ERic used the spy camera?  Do they have audio in the HOH room?

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:58:59 AM »
I agree and im mad BB got mad cause they took apart the lamp are they not supposed to look for these secrest, they should actually call it "The Summer of things we will let you know when we want you to". If I were there when i woke up id pick a room and literally take it apart.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 12:10:40 PM »
I agree...they keep saying there are tons of surprises...why are they not checking everything. Oh and has ERic used the spy camera? Do they have audio in the HOH room?

the spy screen in the HOH has no audio , also eric is only really using it to see if anyone is coming upstairs when he is scheming with someone in the room
the spyscreen cannot see the gold room or lower bathroom as far as I can tell
also to note ..James thinks that WE cannot see the HOH room , lol it will be interesting to see IF james gets hoh , him and sarah perhaps canoodling *giggles*

I agree they are a lazy bunch , michael said he was going to play more with the safe last night and never did ( he was distracted by janelle)

I see the gold books are still in the gold room ( I think they hold a secret or clue ) but have not caught or witnessed anyone looking through them , its driving me nuts ..PICK UP THE BOOKS YOU DUMMIES !!

speaking of the gold room , it has pretty much been decided that the two NOMS will sleep in it and thats how it will be rotated .

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »
Guess we will not know about the books until Rachel gets nominated or something since she probably does not go in the room  to see the stuff to mess with.  I bet you are right about the gold books in the gold room...wouldn't it be funny if they are fake books and have the subway doors or gum balls tokens or combination to the safes....look around housemates!!

Offline point17

• RFF Full Member
  • GO Janey GO
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 07:00:02 PM »
theyre cool idead but what else do ya reckon the secrets are...? more rooms or featues (gym, hot tub etc).

Chuck_Lover917

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 07:32:40 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that they should rename "The Summer of Secrets" to "The Summer of Stuff We Haven't Told You Yet---But, We'll Spell It Out For You Soon"??

Example:  Rachel is head of household, she walks into her room, and the remote is on the bed.
Better Idea:  Have the remote hidden in the room somewhere.....

Example:  She starts playing with the spy screen, and finds the gold room.  The camera almost immediately zooms in and out on the books, leading her to check the books in the HOH room
Better Idea: Let her see the gold room, but have the books be a contrasting color.  Give her a few days before zooming in on them.

Example:  They can't get into the workout room.  All of a sudden there is a sign on the fridge saying "It's Time To Workout."  They walk to the workout room door, and Howie (I think it was) says, "Was that clock there before?"
Better Idea:  Have the clock in the room....see if one of the houseguests notices that it never changes....If not, after a week or so...you can put the "It's time to workout" sign up to give them a hint....

yeah I Agree, the name "summer of secrets" doesnt really fit if they just end up telling the housguests the secrets anyway.  |( It Wouldve Definately Made The Season a little more interesting if they made the houseguests work more to find the clues.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »
Lets hope Janlle & Kaysar find a Secret Golden Veto in the safe  :]

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 04:03:04 PM »
Puddin, whata genious-see  8-)' idea!  Could be another "secret"??  Cool if it's so.  Gosh, there just HAS to be a way for Kaysar to geniously and brilliantly escape eviction!!  Gotta be!!  =]/

(^.#   GO KAYSAR!!!!  (^.#

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 04:07:09 PM »
...FullMonte & Chuck_Lover917 I agree with your comments about making the secrets too EZ to find!  Why not make it a little more difficult so they MUST EARN the priviledge of knowing a secret! 

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 06:22:28 PM »
Brilliant Puddin... :nods:

Yep mighty fine ideas..but my only concern is there'd be no show if we waited for this bunch to find stuff..they're just too too into lolling around..making out or talking.   ]][

Another thing..Julie keeps saying 'anything can happen..in this..(drumroll please) the summer of secrets!' to the evictee's. Me thinks some choice players are coming back.  |#'

now wouldn't that be the bomb!!  {**}

“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 07:02:17 PM »
 |#' What about America's choice ? We vote Kaysar back  {**}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 07:05:54 PM »
 :nods:

BIG BROTHER 6 GOES WIRELESS

Viewers Can Substantially Impact the Course of the Show via Text Messaging And Voting Through CBS.com

Downloadable Activities Available Beginning August 4, Including Ring Tones and Special Wallpapers Featuring Big Brother Contestants

Los Angeles, CA – BIG BROTHER 6 will enter the world of wireless communications by incorporating text messaging and downloadable activities in conjunction with the reality series in the second largest wireless on-TV activity in the United States after Fox's "American Idol" wireless voting.

Beginning August 4, host Julie Chen introduces "America's Choice" to wireless subscribers, a key element of the episode that will enable viewers to vote via cell phone text messaging in order to influence the course of the game. In addition to text messaging, THE BIG BROTHER audience will also be given the opportunity to cast their vote on CBS.com.

Beyond cross-carrier text message voting, applications for download will also be available, such as wallpapers of their favorite Big Brother houseguest, especially photographed for the wireless world.

"This is the natural evolution for a show that already features so much viewer interactivity," said Larry Kramer, President, CBS Digital Media. "Text messaging will bring the 'Big Brother' experience to living rooms across America, allowing even greater participation from the viewing public. It's an organic extension of the 'Big Brother' phenomenon, and it will be incorporated seamlessly into the show."

"Big Brother is a show that has connected with a huge segment of the population that is not only open to this kind of participation, but expects it," said Nancy Tellem, President, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group. "The interactive features that we are adding give the viewers an opportunity to become more invested in the program, in addition to expanding the entertainment value of the show. We're committed to finding new ways to bring our viewers into our programming beyond just watching, and we think this is a tremendous start."

Votes via text messaging will be tabulated during a specified time window following the episode broadcast.

At certain times, a BIG BROTHER ring tone will be offered to the public to download for $1.99 on certain carriers directly from the TV screen. Voters will also be invited to join a "CBS Mobile Team" to receive additional mobile/wireless opportunities in the future if they opt in through text messaging

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050801cbs01
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 07:13:44 PM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 07:11:27 PM »
what will we vote on?  Who is getting evicted who is put up who comes back????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 07:15:14 PM »
I hope so Texan  {|
I hope its not like " Do you think the HG's deserve a dishwasher " or something stupid like that .

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 03:51:23 AM »
I hope the cell phone doesn't need to be a new-fangled fancy one!  I have text messenging which I've used once & it took me forever to figure out how to write only 3 words!! The newer, updated ones are probably easier to use.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 10:00:22 AM »
what will we vote on?  Who is getting evicted who is put up who comes back????

I'm liking the "Who comes back?" idea. I know who I would vote for if I had the chance to do that...:cheeky:
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 02:48:31 PM »
Early Show Newsletter . I'll be sure to watch  :nods:~

I am excited to watch "Big Brother 6" tonight! I love to see all of the household turmoil. And, for those of you late-nighters,  I'll be on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" tomorrow to talk all about it. But, before then, I'll see you on The Early Show. We'll have a report on garage dangers, and we'll talk to Maury Povich about his new book.

Take care,

Julie Chen

EarlyShow@cbs.com

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 02:54:08 PM »
I keep forgetting to watch Eshow on fridays. Isnt' this the first summer the BB evictees got interviewed on ES??   *(^
(I rarely ever miss it during Survivor!)