Author Topic: Cupid  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Cupid
« on: August 13, 2003, 02:55:03 AM »
Has anyone else been following Simon Cowell's new show called "Cupid"?  I have seen a show here and there but tonight was good.  The show has a girl named Lisa who is looking for the ideal mate.  And she has her two friends offering their opinions(sort of like judges).  Then the viewing public pick their favourites to stay and the guy with the lowest votes leaves and does not get another date with her.  Tonights show had the guys deprived of sleep for about 36 hours.  Their mission was to go out shopping and pick out an outfit appropriate for their date.  It was hilarious watching the guys go in to the clothing stores as they were surprised there was such a size of "0".  Some guys did a good job and others missed.  One guy picked out some yellow outfit and bought gold slippers that had a mirror ball on it.  She looked goofy in them plus the shoe was too big for her.  Alot of the guys picked out a nice simple black dress with spaghetti straps.  Then we see a bit of their date and then it is time for both her friends to make a comment.  One friend in particular could actually be Simon's sisters with her comments.  I will have to tune in next week to see which guy is sent home packing.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:Cupid
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 11:48:55 PM »
Well I am still watching this show as it is interesting.  Joe was just eliminated as he was too competitive.  Now there are only 5 guys left.  Out of them, there seems to be a real connection with Hank and Evan for Lisa.  I hope one of them wins.  The dates have been good.  This week the guys cooked a meal for Lisa's parents, brother and her two friends.  Most of them did okay.

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 11:50:28 AM »
I missed the show this week.  Thanks for the recap Fizz :-*  I really liked Joe.  Oh how I wish they will vote off Robert.  He is soooo phony.  I think she will wind up with Hank.  What type of meals did they cook?  I did tape the show and I've been meaning to watch it but I will probably wind up taping over the show before I get to actually sit down and watch it.  
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 12:24:56 AM »
yeah Robert and Lisa defintiely do not have a connection of any kind.  But Hank mentioned that all his buddies are voting to keep Robert in for some strange reason.  My girlfriend thinks that the viewing public are voting Robert in as they don't want Lisa to really get a proposal or the money from it as both of her friends are so mean.  But hey, this is reality right?  As for what the guys made, Evan's date was first.  It was done at the mansion for each one.

Evan attempted to make fajitas but somehow managed to burn the crap out of the food on the grill and then it showed him opening a can of something that looked like preformed spam or something.  So when Lisa and company showed up, they all ended up pitching in and making the dinner.  Evan just ran around and did not much so he really didn't have a good date and Laura and Kim really gave it to him.

Renda decided to make a salad for dinner so he chopped up a whole bunch of different ingredients and then he tossed them according to what people wanted.  That seemed to go fairly well.  But when the parents interogated him about his goals, etc.  That is when he became vague but he did have a degree in finance/economics.  But he thought maybe hawk some tshirts, sell tickets to see him and Lisa together, kind of bizarre things.  So he lost my vote right then and there.

Hank made some kind of fish steaks or something.  His meal turned out the best as he seemed to be a good cook and everyone enjoyed his dinner.  He was all organized, etc.  Lisa's parents really liked him and wanted to know what he did for a living.  Hank mentioned that he would like to run an organic farm and would still want Lisa to work after she has a baby as she is smart and needs to be part of the breadwinning or something like that.

Dominic made bratwurst and ended up charcoaling them on the outdoor grill.  They were quite black and he made something else too but I can't remember.  The parents really questioned him on his intentions, etc.  And Dominic answered most questions with "I think I am"  So I don't think the parents were too taken with him.

Robert decided to make some kind of Austrian soup.  It showed him pouring a can of parmesan or something crumbly in the soup.  The whole time Robert is saying that he is not sure how it will turn out as he doesn't really have a recipe for this soup.  But luck was on his side as they all enjoyed his weird concoction.  The parents asked him some questions and then Robert ended the night by offering to give Lisa a massage which she accepted.  So it showed her laying on some table without a shirt on with Robert rubbing her down.  This part totally creeped Laura out and she said that in the comments.

So that was the show.  I look forward to next week's show.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 01:27:12 AM »
Tonights show was a little bizarre.  Each guy had to take Lisa on a fantasy date of their own making.  Evan took her whale watching and she ended up getting seasick and wolfing her cookies for awhile.  Poor kid.  But the rest of the date went well as they played on the beach, had a shower together with their swim suits on.  Lisa also wanted to find out more what Evan was like but he had his walls up quite high and guarded.

Her date with Dominic was interesting, not sure if he was really trashing Hank or not but he showed his young age of 22 when he gave Lisa a candy necklace and put it on her and then asked if he could eat some.  I guess his way of giving her a hickey or something.  Definitely not ready for marriage yet.  

Roberts date was hard to watch as he is so interested in Lisa but she does not share the same feelings for him.  His idea of a fantasy dream date started with them working out in the gym lifting weights (not!!), then they had dinner and once they ordered dessert he told the waiter it was to go.  you should have seen the shocked look on Lisa's face.  She was not too pleased.  So in the end when they were heading back to the house she bailed on him and said she was tired and wanted to go to bed alone.  The next morning I think he finally figured out that Lisa does not have feelings for him romantically.

Hanks date was good.  He started off at a winery as he dreams of having an organic farm and winery.  Then they had a discussion of her feelings for Hank and Evan.  She couldn't answer his question of which one she would pick until she found out a little more of Hank on their date.  All in all they had a nice time and they seem to have a nice connection.

So now it is up to America to vote for the guy to propose to Lisa.  And if the right one is voted and she accepts, next weeks show will also be the wedding live on tv.  So if the audience paid attention to what Lisa said tonight after they showed Hanks portion of the date then it will be Hank that she marries.  For those of you who missed it-- After they showed Hanks portion of the dream date, Lisa told Hank that she never answered his question and she went up to him and told him she picked him.  I also pick Hank.