Author Topic: Contestant Spoilers ...  (Read 21680 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Contestant Spoilers ...
« on: June 27, 2005, 10:32:12 AM »
Since filming most likely has started today its time to start a contestant spoiler /speculation topic .
First this from SurvivorThoughts From Iowa ..
{Corvis'sBlog}

There is this spoiler from Survivor Sucks poster RKsurvivor, which is interesting. Basically, he says Mike Skupin from season two (the guy who fell in the fire and had to be evacuated) said he was asked to participate in next season. Skupin also said that the producers tried to get former Survivors involved in past seasons but it never worked out. I can't imagine that any past Survivor would have a chance if they were on a tribe of brand new contestants. Early on you're always looking for any reason to vote for someone. A previous player comes into the game with a huge red X on his or her back.

This fits in with something that I heard and I couldn't post anything untill filming began , I received some info possably two former players returning for S11 as contestants ..

one just maybe Alabama's favorite son, BobbyJon   (::)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 11:19:10 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Contestant Spoilers ...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:22:57 PM »
I was searching for some spoilers and read this at SurvivorPhoenix

SPOILERS S11: The Others
Posted by: Survivor Phoenix on Jun 25, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Check out Survivor Guatemala for a never-seen-before twist!

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
June 25, 2005

The cast of Survivor Guatemala departed earlier this week for the National Park Yaxhá-Nakum-Naranjo where they will take part in survival training and various media interviews. Filming should start on Monday, June 27 for an expected 39 days, giving the crew enough time to vacate the premises by the August 10 deadline set by INGUAT and Survivor producers.

In keeping with Survivor tradition, players will be forced to adapt to the game, as a new challenge is thrown their way. When television viewers tune in to watch their favorite shows in the Fall, the castaways from Lost will not be the only ones to find familiar faces amongst them.

Read more...

The twist this season? Several sources report that two of the 18 cast members of Survivor Guatemala are expected to be players who have played the game previously. What role they will have, or whether they will fully participate in the game, is so far unknown.
Our preliminary calendar for Survivor Guatemala currently factors in 18 boots over 39 days, but that may change. While there have been rumors in the past of an All-Stars 2, as well as an old vs new Survivor game with a tribe of former players matching wits with new ones, only two returning players suggests that they might fill a ceremonial role, perhaps in keeping with the Maya theme. Jeff Probst did suggest in the preview to the Guatemala edition that players would be "liv[ing] within the ruins of a vanished civilization, and embrac[ing] the ancient Maya lifestyle." Perhaps the presence of these 2 players is a not entirely accurate nod to the Hero Twins of the Popol Vuh.

As for who the 2 players are, we can guarantee that they are none of the quitters from past seasons. Think popular, think gritty. One woman. One man.

The crew will be roughing it a bit more than they have in past seasons, though not quite back to the tent city of the first seasons. In an interview with CBS, the Presidential Commissioner for Tourism, Willy Kaltschmitt, indicated that a camp would be built starting in late May. During a guest host appearance on the "Live with Regis and Kelly" show, Jeff Probst announced that instead of hotels, the crew will have to make do with trailers during the location shoot.

Response about the filming location has been mixed among locals. With many hoping the show will focus international attention and promote tourism, there are those who worry the presence of such a large film crew could damage the fragile archaelogical record, while tour operators are lamenting the loss of revenue during the busy summer season. Still, the deal signed recently between various Guatemalan agencies and Survivor producers seems to take into account all the concerns raised.

We look forward to a terrific season with Survivor Guatemala. 

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »
Out of all the contestants, it is interesting that would bring back Bobby Jon and Mike Skupin.  I guess they are hoping for more comments like Bobby Jon's, "I'm just hoping work can overcome smartness."
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:37:15 PM »
As for who the 2 players are, we can guarantee that they are none of the quitters from past seasons. Think popular, think gritty. One woman. One man.

more bobby jon or mike, but not both. that works for me as long as they get a chance. as for the one woman, this screams stephanie to me. or maybe they're going to give wanda a real shot this time.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 06:32:09 PM »
We were thinking Stephanie also cinni since MB hasn't had much luck promoting her ? I'll let you know if I hear more about the woman contestant . More possable contestant names are being speculated around the forums but without Snewsers Confirmator I think its best to wait   *%# .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 10:04:39 AM »
More contestant specs here .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
Corvis's blog/Survivor Thoughts From Iowa  has also picked up SP's/survivorphoenix spoiler about two former contestant's returning for S11 .
Popular and gritty, huh?

How about Mike Skupin and Gretchen Cordy ?

but I was at Mike's site and his last entry was the Sat/the 25th of June and according to SurvivorFevers calendar the S11 cast left on  June 22 . I guess we can keep our eye on Mikes message board .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 03:39:12 PM »
I should let you know that I was banned from Sucks when I sent someone a personal message inquiring about the Bobby Jon info a few weeks ago , no big deal I only post there when I have something to say , it was easy enough to get back in( big deal  /]* )  but needless to say I won't be renewing my ezboard gold anytime soon   {l{ .   anywho  </] you read the spoiler here first .

some Bobby Jon info posted here
JelloRocks

Re: Possible Contestant?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I asked Coby about this, and here's his response:

"Jello- I have heard there is some return players this season as well...hmmmm....who could it be?"

Sounds like a confirmation to me -- he just can't give any specifics . . .   
ChrisRL6

Reply   Re: Possible Contestant?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I found out that Bobby John works at PFChangs in Santa Monica and I called and they said that he had been gone for a couple of weeks and that he had gone back home....to Survivor WOO! 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 10:24:34 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 09:13:55 PM »
SurvivorFever Spoiler ~

Survivor Guatemala - Potential Preseason Show Spoilers

Filming begin Monday, June 27 in the Peten region of Guatemala, more specifically in Yaxha-Nakum-Naranjo National Park. 
Maps Here >>       Calendar Here >>

18 contestants are reported to have been chosen for Survivor: Guatemala.

Several reports that 2 former Survivors from Survivor: Palau will participate in some way, unclear if they will be tribe members or mentors or if they actually get to compete in some way.  We've been told that the two are the very popular Stephenie LaGrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard  (::)

Other contestants are unknown but we have reason to believe the cast will include a 20-something female from the mid-west with short blonde hair.  A cheerleader/sorority girl/dancer with a 4.0 GPA.   
More details soon.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s11_spoilers.html

Riverrat

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 07:31:46 AM »
As much as I liked them both I don't want a repeat unless it all past survivors that got booted early or whatever. They probably will get voted off again so why doesn't MB just have another personality contest for a million like he did with Rupert?  }}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 08:36:06 PM »
TDT has even put BobbyJon & Steph on his survivormeter11 page  ..

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 09:04:19 PM »
i'm a little disappointed to hear there will be no quitters . . . i miss ian  :':') . however, I LOVE BOBBY and hope he comes back, but i'm not too wild about steph  *%#
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 11:56:09 AM »
it will be interesting to see if these are the 2...the new survivors will want them not to win money angain, but also know they are team players so will keep them until merge I would assume to help the team.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 10:30:54 AM »
more from Corvis's Blog " thoughts from Iowa"

Thursday, July 14, 2005
Contestant Spoilers

Yes, I have my first contestant spoilers of the season. Unfortunately, I don't have names, only descriptions.

Still, I am feeling really good about these two people being on the show:

Contestant 1 is a very pretty brunette from Kansas with tattoos of cherries on her back

Contestant 2 is a a handsome, lean athletic guy who wears a Lance Armstrong bracelet.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 06:42:57 PM by puddin »

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 10:44:11 PM »
Puddin, once again thank you for posting all these juicy tidbits.  I love the idea that Stephanie and Bobby Jon are brought back.  Maybe they will be the team captains for the tribes and they cannot be voted off until the tribes merge or something like that.  So keep digging and I will keep reading.  *%# *%# >*&

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 12:08:41 AM »
 |#' Bathfizzy ...Hiya

I'll keep digging but the contestant interest is not all that exciting just yet .. we are waiting on Snewsers confirmator ..thats if he even has one this season ??  ..things are really quiet .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 10:26:23 AM »
Survivor Phoenix has identified a contestant

RafeJudkins

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 03:52:32 PM »
this story is not correct..  I identified Bobby Jon first through my source , then Survivor Fever confirmed Bobby Jon as well as Stephanie  ,.(

Thursday, July 21, 2005

'Survivor' fans seek clues

By MICHAEL HEWITT
The Orange County Register

"Survivor" addicts' favorite summer recreation - trying to figure out the cast for the fall season - is in full swing. The big news this off-season is the rumor that at least two former castaways will be back.

The Survivor Phoenix Web site (www.survivorphoenix.com) was the first to report that the ultrapopular Stephenie LaGrossa from "Survivor: Palau" and her Ulong teammate Bobby Jon Drinkard are in Guatemala filming the Mayan Empire installment.

Stephenie had the highest popularity ratings of any of the Palau survivors, but her hapless tribemates sunk any chance she had.

Other Web reports have "Survivor: Australian Outback" castaway Mike Skupin announcing that he had been asked to take part. Although, given the producers' zeal for secrecy, it seems unlikely he would be allowed to take part and talk about it.

What's not clear is whether past Survivors would simply be tribe members or would take some new role in the show.

Other reports say the filming began June 27 and will finish by Aug. 10. There are 18 contestants again, although no others have been conclusively identified.

Weather note: Hurricane Emily seems to have bypassed the Survivor encampment.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2005/07/21/sections/entertainment/et_television/article_604135.php

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 12:28:48 AM »
Hi Puddin, I think you should let Micheal Hewitt know his information is incorrect.  Shame on him.  :(*8 :(*8

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 01:03:15 AM »
thats right Bathfizzy..he has no idea of whom hes messing with  ]*]  _-^  <}/ '(>

:)*

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 11:12:43 AM »
Is it just me or does this guy look like a Jonny Fairplay type of guy?

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 11:22:43 AM »
Lord Help us ..you are right Rob  {l{ ..perhaps Gay too..

The 22 year-old man, originally from Pittsburgh, was a Brown University member of the class of 2005. Rafe may also be a 2001 graduate of Sewickley Academy in Pennsylvania.

As a manager of Brown's Outdoor Leadership Training, Rafe would be familiar with the dynamics of intense living conditions with small groups of people in an outdoor environment. According to materials on its website, the program is designed to establish long-term support networks for students entering their sophomore year, beginning with a 5 day camping excursion for groups of 10 students each. The various skills taught during that outing could prove very useful on Survivor.

Being a Survivor may be a springboard for a career in screenwriting, for which Rafe has indicated interest in the past. In the Spring of 2003, he started working in the writing of an online Survivor game ran by Survivor-Central: Survivor Tonga. He was unable to finish it after leaving for Australia to study. Those involved in the game then are certain to give some feedback on the boards about that experience. The cached pages of that short-lived series can be found here and here.

According to Internet records, Rafe "doesn't like vaginas", is apparently green-thumb challenged, and wants to meet Iron Chef Chen. He is currently in a relationship. While at Brown, Rafe was also a member of the sketch comedy group "Out of Bounds." If he manages to last long enough on the show, he could prove to be quite a memorable contestant.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 04:23:52 PM »

Danielle Boatwright Hayes

I finally figured out Constestant Number One's name: Danielle Boatwright Hayes. She might go by Danni on the show. Thanks to TDT for the assistance.

So what do we know about Ms. Boatwright Hayes?

She's originally from Tonganoxie, Kansas. She was born July 13, 1975.

Represented Kansas in Ms. Teen USA pagaent in 1992 (second runner up) and Miss USA pagaent in 1996 (first runner-up).

Was in "Daddy's Girls", a sitcom with Dudley Moore and Keri Russell.

She married country singer Wade Hayes in 1999.

She's a devout Christian.

In 2003, she was a judge for Miss Oklahoma Teen USA pagaent and the host for the Miss Teen America Pageant.

http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 08:21:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 08:20:16 PM »
TDT

Former Colts QB Gary Hogeboom

September 4-8, 2003 - Attended "Playing With the Pros Weekend" with other CMU athletic alumni, at CMU in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. If you "read more" following the link at right, you can find a picture of Gary from this event (adapted at right and above).

(Note: Original photo copyright Legends and Alumni, 2003). - PlayingWithThePros.com (warning: annoying audio).
Sometime in 2004 - An alternative view of Gary's NFL career, at least in Indianapolis. Part of a larger article entitled "Headlines You Will Never See." Included here because it's funny.

"Former Colts QB Gary Hogeboom Wins Pay-Per-View Tough-man Competition

I always found a way to get a good grade in middle school Health class, and much of that is due to Colts' QB Gary Hogeboom. He injured a different body part every time he was tackled. In the first four games following the 1987strike, Hogeboom's injury report became the perfect cheat sheet for any anatomy test. However, Hogeboom did not leave the game without a legacy. Mike Tyson told Flipside in our exclusive interview that the Colts' wayward QB was his primary inspiration for the 'Glass Joe' character on his much ballyhooed 'Punchout.'"  - Devon Durrant, FlipSide Sports 
September, 2001 - In a "where are they now?" article in Texas Monthly, Brian Sweany looks up former Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks:

"Gary Hogeboom (1980-1985) is a real estate developer in Grand Rapids, Michigan." - Brian D. Sweany, Texas Monthly
1985-1985 - Cowboys quarterback, which got him attention:
"Gary Hogeboom: Hogeboom was the opening day starter in 1984. To date, Gary Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur are the only QBs to have just one opening day start. Hogeboom got the nod over Danny White because of pressure on the Cowboys to shake the NFC Championship game losses. Hogeboom had taken over for an injured Danny White during the 1983 NFC Championship game and played well enough to warrant more opportunities. He led the Cowboys to a victory on opening day in 1984 and had a very nice game. Hogeboom was injured before the 1984 season was over and Danny White once again took the reigns. Danny White played much better than Hogeboom during the 1984 season and won his starting job back. To avoid even more controversy, Hogeboom was traded to the Colts after the 1985 season." - CowboyCards.com
1980-1989 - NFL quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, and Phoenix Cardinals. Notably, according to the Pro Football reference, "Gary Hogeboom never finished in the top 10 in any major category. Gary Hogeboom is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category."
 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
1976-1979 - Lettered in football for Central Michigan University. Inducted into the CMU Athletic Hall of Fame in 1989.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »
Seriously?  Ans ex football player?