Author Topic: Contestant Spoilers ...  (Read 21676 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Contestant Spoilers ...
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 05:56:51 PM »
Another contestant from TDT

Morgan McDevitt - "Dancing with Disney

Mirror, mirror on the wall . . .
    Morgan McDevitt found that the mirror on the studio wall at Disney World reflected 40 young performers and that she was one of them. Magic, indeed.
    The Sullivan girl was selected to attend the week-long Showstoppers Camps of America Nov. 18 in Orlando, where she performed in a Disney World Parade and was named a Showstopper All-Star.
    'Most people came with two, three or five people from their squad, but I was there by myself,' she said, adding with a laugh. 'That was very scary.'
    The high point of the trip was probably the workshop in which a Disney choreographer put the performers through their paces as if they were professionals.
    'The workshop we did was like a mock audition,' she said. 'We went backstage, and they said no photography and all that stuff. They treated us like we were Equity (union performers), or part of them. In this little studio, they gave us all numbers and name tags. Then they lined us up in rows in front of this big studio mirror.'
    The young showstoppers numbered about 40. 'Every year, there are usually about 75 to 100 girls, but only about 40 came because of everything that’s happened since Sept. 11,' McDevitt explained. 'So many parents were afraid to let their kids fly, so this was like a really special group this year.' The choreographer taught the 40 girls two Disney Magic Kingdom dance routines — one from The Lion King and another from Song of the South.
    'Then they picked out girls that they thought would have made it,' McDevitt said. 'Then they had a girl play the producer, and she walked around and asked all these questions. How tall are you? Can you ballroom dance?'
    'They told us everything — what to wear, how to audition. If you wanted to audition with Disney, they told us everything to do and not to do,' McDevitt said. 'It was really cool. I learned a lot. Working with show choir, you know some of that stuff — how to be professional, how to perform. We work with professional choreographers (in Sullivan High show choir), but it was still a really cool experience. I met friends that I’m going to have for a lifetime.'
    McDevitt also wanted to thank some other friends — the Sullivan sponsors who helped her raise the $1,000 it took to make the trip. 'That’s a big deal, that our communities can help us out, and be so involved,' she said."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:09 PM »
Seriously? Ans ex football player?

They might as well release the cast  (%#

Ex-QB Hogeboom a 'Survivor'?

July 25, 2005

Michigan has a contestant on this fall's "Survivor," and he's someone sports fans might remember.

Former Central Michigan and NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom, a land developer from Grand Haven, will compete on "Survivor: Guatemala," the Free Press has learned.

Taping of the 11th edition of the popular CBS reality show is under way in Central America.

CBS will reveal the contestants in late August, and "Survivor: Guatemala" will debut in mid-September (in Detroit, on Channel 62).

CBS's policy is not to comment on potential contestants during filming. Hogeboom's family and friends can't comment on his status because they have signed strict confidentially agreements with the network. Even when Hogeboom returns, he will not be able to discuss the show until after the episode airs in which he's voted off or becomes the winner.

Bret Hyble, one of Hogeboom's former Chippewas teammates, describes Hogeboom as "a very outgoing person. Once he puts his mind to do something, he does it."

Hogeboom, who turns 47 in August, works out every day. He has a lingering shoulder problem that limits him from playing golf. He volunteers with youth and has been an assistant coach on kids' sports teams, which might help because "Survivor" contestants usually skew younger.

The Grand Rapids Northview graduate and his wife, Kristi, have three daughters and one son, Jake, who briefly tried to walk on for football and basketball at Michigan State and played basketball at Hope College last season. Jake now works in real estate.

Gary Hogeboom starred at CMU in 1976-79. He played in 10 NFL seasons with three teams, including the first six with the Dallas Cowboys, who drafted him in the fifth round in 1980. He finished with 9,436 yards, 49 TDs and 60 interceptions in 79 games.

The possibility that Hogeboom would be on the show was first reported by truedorktimes.com, a "Survivor"-spoiling Web site.

Hogeboom is the first Michigan "Survivor" contestant since Detroiter Clarence Black on "Survivor: Africa" in autumn 2001, the third season of the show. Two Detroit-area contestants participated in the second season in Australia: Michael Skupin, who suffered burns to the hand and had to be evacuated, and chef Keith Famie, who finished in third place.

By Mark Francescutti

http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/line25e_20050725.htm

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 12:20:14 PM »
At this rate we will have confirmaton before the show on everyone.... [^/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 11:37:52 PM »
Thanks to my Google Alerts ...

Family won't say if Hogeboom is on 'Survivor'
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
By Howie Beardsley
The Grand Rapids Press
Is Gary Hogeboom a "Survivor" or isn't he?

That's the million-dollar question about the Northview High School graduate and former NFL quarterback.

Hogeboom, 46, of Grand Haven, is believed to be a contestant on this fall's "Survivor: Guatemala," which will mark the 11th season of CBS's reality series. But no one -- not his family, not the TV network -- will confirm this.
The show is being taped in the Central American country and will air beginning Sept. 8.

Hogeboom, a Central Michigan University graduate and local land developer, is listed as a "Survivor" contestant on a Web site that provides small talk on the series -- www.truedorktimes.com. "Survivor" participants and their family members are sworn to secrecy through confidentiality contracts with CBS.

"We cannot confirm nor deny" who is competing in "Survivor: Guatemala," CBS spokeswoman Kim Sartori said. "We will announce our cast in early August."

So is Hogeboom a "Survivor" or isn't he?

"He's on a mission trip in Central America," was the most Hogeboom's son, Jake, would say. "He left in late June ... and he's expected back the first week of August."

When asked who was sponsoring his father's mission trip, the younger Hogeboom said: "It's with a bunch of guys from around the country, not with any organization."

Gary Hogeboom's father, Bob Hogeboom, said he was unable to discuss his son's whereabouts.

"I would if I could, but I can't," Bob Hogeboom said.

When told that his grandson informed The Press that Gary was on a mission trip, Bob replied: "Yeah, it's a mission trip."

Gary Hogeboom was a standout quarterback at CMU from 1976-79. He is best remembered in the pros for his first six seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, who made him a fifth-round draft pick in 1980.

Hogeboom played in 79 NFL games with three teams.

http://www.mlive.com/golf/grpress/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/112247550171150.xml&coll=6

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 01:10:48 AM »
"He's on a mission trip in Central America," was the most Hogeboom's son, Jake, would say. "He left in late June ... and he's expected back the first week of August."

Yeah. That sounds like a Survivor to me. The only mission he's on is a mission for the $1 million prize.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
This contestant was rumored to not have made S11 due to her 16 year son being killed in a car accident..
rumors persist , she just maybe in the S11 cast afterall .

first reported by macintosh@ScribesOasis

It came to my attention a while ago that another contestant from Maine MIGHT be on the newest edition of Survivor Guatemala.. I was waiting to make sure the filming had begun before telling the info I had.

First it was another female. a lumberjill no less. You have heard of a lumberjack, well females are called lumberjills. Yes this lady was no ZOE or some steroid enhanced beast, she was a lovely lady who ran a lumberjack show here in Maine.
link to Maine Lumberjack show
Her name is "Timber" Tina Scheer and you can read more about her HERE at this link

But sadly a tragic accident recently most likely snuffed any chance she had of being the next winner of Survivor Guatemala. when he 16 yr old son died tragically in a car accident just before filming began.

DEATH NOTICE

But if they liked her enough to select her for this season keep your eyes open for Survivor 12. And there is a remote chance she still went anyway and will be in Survivor Guatemala.
So that is my big spoiler for this season

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 12:22:36 PM »
How sad

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 01:18:06 PM »
Agreed, thats why I haven't posted the news but now that Tina maybe apart of the S11cast I figured it was OK now . The cast finally gets interesting ...not just models .

ETA:
My bad , she is rumored to have been at the final interviews, not part of the cast .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 10:41:21 AM »
The model dude has been identified @ surivivorphoenix

Blake Towsley

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 10:59:29 AM »
NOT MORE MODELS!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 11:40:51 AM »
He's from Texas !! I think hes been on my Soap Opera Days of Our lives?? so famaliar  :nods: , I even asked my BF , where have i seen him before....I'm searching

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 01:37:31 PM »
okay he is from Texas i will root for him!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 01:49:38 PM »
 |#' Stunning too  {**}

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 03:40:03 PM »
How sad
Yes, verrrry sad.  Me sorry for her and all her kin.  :sad:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 03:43:36 PM »
Aw for pete's sake...puhleeze Survivor, give us only Blake and maybe only ONE female model!  That is sufficient! :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 05:44:54 PM »
I'm  almost sure he was on Days or maybe Passions because they are the only two Soaps that I watch . I imagine him playing a French or foreign /European character  *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »
Looks like TDT has another name /female contestant , no face , Brooke Struck
credits to MayanSun of surviorfever for the photo

Brooke Struck
26, Hood River, OR
Law student
BrookeStruck.com
BrookeStruck.net

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_guatemala/cast/brooke_struck.htm
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:49:41 AM by puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 06:38:55 PM »
Cool!  |#'  An ex Colts Quarterback on Survivor11!  That's lots better than models.
It would be absolutely tooo cool if John Elway or Joe Montana could be on survivor!! {|
Thing is, unless they really want the adventure & all...they really don't need the money.  So actually, I'd rather see just plain folks who need the money...like more Ruperts!! 

I'd love to see an oldie like Rudaaaay on survivor again!  Or, some really nice oldie...not like whatshisface on S10...can't think of his name.   Whoever, didn't like him. 
I loved Paschal (Marquesas) and really loved Rodger (Australia)!  {**}

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
Oh Geeze
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »
I am sick of the model contestants!!!   I know that CBS wants to lure more fans, but when will they realize that they are distancing their "tride and true fan base" when they don't include a cast of real people?   Maybe this will be the season
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 10:25:46 AM by MrsKutz »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2005, 11:38:15 PM »
Yeah...agree, MrsKutz.  I guess they want to give would-be models a chance at stardom of some sort.  But seems to me...the focus should be on really SURVIVING.  I've often said it should be made A LOT harder for them to survive...nearly like real life survival.  REALITY!! 
Make 'em scrape for food in the wilderness, do without water etc etc.  But, guess they must make sure they're safe in order to even have the show.  :whatever: ... I still love the show...just keep the models OUT!!  }}

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2005, 10:46:16 PM »
This new season is looking like a full "hottie" fest...minus one or two people. I thought the whole purpose of the show was to put a bunch of normal people out in the middle of nowhere to try to survive longer in said middle of nowhere longer than the rest of the people. Nope. The real purpose of the show is to see a bunch of 20-somethings in bathing suits all day long. And what's worse is that everyone looks like they wear single-digits! What a ripoff! (Let's hope that more people are "normal" people and not "sexpots". :roll: :prayer:
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2005, 12:38:19 AM »
Not to worry Mandy , I read they are thowing in a Bill Cosby look alike  {l{ .They should be finished filming like tomorrow? Maybe the whole cast will be revealed soon , if not CBS will release them in a month or so .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2005, 12:32:06 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2005, 07:34:39 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2005, 01:43:34 AM »

Tulsa Native May Be Next Survivor

by Rita Sherrow
August 2, 2005

World Television Editor
Tulsa World

A 24-year-old Tulsa native will be introduced to the International television audience next month when he competes for $1 million on "Survivor: Guatemala, The Mayan Empire", insiders say.

Blake Towsley will be one of 18 contestants trying to "Outlast, out smart and outplay" the competition when the new installment of "Survivor" debuts at 7 PM Sept. 15 on CBS, channel 6.

Although the network is not scheduled to announce the names of the participants until next week, reports have Towsley, son of Tulsa physician D. Kent and his wife Denise Towsley, as part of the 11th season of the reality series.

Towsley's name first surfaced on survivorfever.com, a Web site dedicated to the reality series that has been uncannily correct in its information about the show.

Neither Towsley nor his parents could be reached to confirm his participation on "Survivor".  A spokesman for Kim Dawson Talent Agency, which represents Towsley in his modeling career, said "we aren't even supposed to know where he is."

And co-workers at Henry S. Miller Commercial real estate in Dallas, where Towsley is a broker, said they knew Towsley was taking a leave of absence from his job, but assumed the leave was so he could do a modeling job.

According to the survivorfever Web site, Towsley is a 2000 graduate of Cascia Hall, where he competed in doubles tennis from 1998 to 1999. He earned his degree in political science from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, where he was a member of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity and served as president of Interfraternity Council.

Now living in Dallas, Towsley augments his job as a broker with a second highly successful career as a model.  He was discovered in the Fahion!Dallas fresh face talent search conducted by the Kim Dawson Agency. As one of the agency's models, he has appeared in numerous ads for Dillard's and other national and local accounts.

He's listed as single, 6 foot 1 with brown hair and brown eyes and wears a "Live Strong" Lance Armstrong bracelet.

Towsley's skydiving instructor at Skydive Dallas says he is the kind of guy who could have a shot at winning the show's $1 million prize.

He's very down to earth and just a nice easygoing guy" said David Catteeuw, a United States Parachute Association-certified instructor who gave Towsley his initial training as well as his advanced training instruction.

"I think he's got the go and he's one of those kind of guys everyone likes.  I think he'd have a pretty good shot at it," said Catteeuw.  "He has the smarts to do it and definitely deserves to (win)."

Catteeuw said Towsley was an easy student who probably has 80 to 100 jumps to his credit and is licensed as a skydiver.

"He's one of those fun-loving guys," Chatteeuw said in a phone interview.   "He's also pretty, but he's not fluffy - not the kind of guy who is always checking his hair.  Once he gets into it, he just goes and has fun.

Towsley also received praise from his co-workers at the Dallas real estate company.

"He worked in our land division where he started out as an intern and became a broker," said co-worker Cathy Powell in a recent phone interview. "He's such a wonderful, wonderful young man. He's just a sweetheart. We love him and we miss him."

Vickie Wiltcher, who also works for the commercial realty company, was equally supportive.

"He has a great personality, great moral character and he's a real sweetheart," said Wiltcher in a phone interview.  "Yes, he has what it takes to win."

The 11th version of "Survivor" is wrapping up its 39-day shoot at the Yaxha Mayan ruins in the Yaxha-Nakum National Park, the District of Peten in Guatemala, Central America, according to survivorfever.com.

According to the website, also among the "Guatemala" cast are three models, a former NFL quarterback-turned-real estate developer, a student who runs a college outdoor leadership training program, an attorney and two former "Survivor" contestants.

This isn't the first tie Oklahoma has been represented on "Survivor".  In 2004, Scout Cloud Lee of Stillwater finished in the top three of "Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire."

Lee, an author, motivational speaker and former university professor, outlasted 15 other contestants who had spent more than a month on a volcanic island in the southwest Pacific.

* Note from SurvivorFever.net:  Blake's photo first surfaced at  SurvivorThoughts.    Survivor Phoenix first reported his identity.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s11_blake_tulsa_world_8_2.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com/