Author Topic: Richard Rubin from Beauty and the Geek is an Actor  (Read 13081 times)

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Richard Rubin from Beauty and the Geek is an Actor
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:37:37 PM »
 )hs( GREAT Find Trevor ,  I'm going to watch the trailer now .

you need this in your signature 
 ;)
Reality is an illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol.
-Tollieman

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 03:45:37 PM »
I do.  My buddy just sent me that quote and told me to somehow incorporate it.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline curbs

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »
He's also had a few roles on Punk'd.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »
so do you think he blew the middle name because he was not suppose to win?  If so is that fair to the lady?  Or was she a plant too?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 05:54:53 PM »
I've also wondered if Mindi was planted, Texan.  Looked for info on her, but nothing that substantiates her being planted.  Here;s an article about her hopes for "hitching her wagon to Ashton Kutcher":
http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=166427&source=r_technology

MU 'Beauty' Has High Hopes for Life After 'Geek'
Jul. 6--You're taking a chance when you hitch your wagon to Ashton Kutcher.

For Mindi Emanuel, however, it has paid off quite nicely, thanks.

Tonight, viewers of The WB reality series "Beauty and the Geek" will find out whether the now-former University of Missouri-Columbia student and partner Richard Rubin are the last couple standing, sharing a $250,000 prize.

Regardless of whether she walked away a winner, Emanuel said the experience was worth every penny.

Emanuel discussed her decision to abandon college life in Columbia as much as she could -- she is, of course, operating under a strict confidentiality clause in her contract while the show's still in progress -- over the phone yesterday as she drove back to Columbia.

"Going into it all, I had no idea what to expect," Emanuel said of getting the call earlier this year to appear in the program co-produced by Kutcher of "That '70s Show.""This is all coming from a guy who 'punks' people for a living."

Despite her reservations, the third-year special-education major from Lee's Summit dropped her classes and headed to Hollywood to take part in Kutcher's "ultimate social experiment."

The premise: Seven good-looking young ladies with an aversion to academia and seven brainy but socially inept chaps pair up to work on their weaknesses.

The series has become a relative hit, especially catching on with the young-adult demographic. Emanuel and, above all, Rubin -- as "geek" as they get -- are two of its bust-out stars.

For supposedly being "academically impaired," Emanuel -- a former pre-med student -- has made her mark with her ability to answer the tough questions. On the debut episode, she won a trivia contest while helping Rubin capture a dance competition.

Since then, the couple has had to endure three elimination rounds, with Emanuel keeping herself and Rubin alive by going nine for nine while being quizzed on topics such as astronomy and the outdoors.

When she got back together with the cast last week to tape a reunion show, which will air a week from today, Emanuel said, her competitors were baffled by her knowledge.

"They were like, 'How do you know this stuff?' " she said. "But it's all pretty much common sense -- for me, at least. ... And, before the first time we went in there, I studied my little rear end off."

Emanuel said she plans to watch the finale -- which airs locally at 7 tonight on KJWB-TV with a rebroadcast at 8 p.m. tomorrow -- here in town with friends. After that, she's putting school on the back burner to move to Los Angeles and pursue a career in acting.

"I'm really excited. I've got an agent there and everything," she said.

"My mom's behind me all the way. I think my dad would like me to finish school, but that's always gonna be there. If it works, it works. And if it doesn't pan out in L.A., I can always go back and get my degree."

-----
Copyright (c) 2005, Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo.

Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News.