Author Topic: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers  (Read 65045 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »
I have no idea FullMonte , maybe someone else can answer that question  *(^ ?

Offline BuffaloNY

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2005, 06:58:51 AM »
I heard a rumor yesterday that Niagara Falls, NY is the finish line for TAR8. 

I went up to the Falls yesterday and asked the kid at the parking booth - he said:

"Even if I knew, I couldn't tell you", and then he added:

"I can tell you, it won't be tonight."  (7/29).

We snooped around, imagining ways that they could utilize the landmarks around the Falls, and we guess that the park adjacent to the horseshoe falls would make the most sense for a finish line, and that the Cave of the Winds might be a roadblock/detour.  We checked it out, and there was an out-of-place, handwritten sign on the door to the ticket area that said "Opens at 9:00 am".  It just seemed out of place.

Anyway, if the race started in NYC on July 7th or 11th (I don't recall what was posted), when would the finish be?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2005, 10:37:36 AM »
Thank you BuffaloNY  :t-up: , the race can run anywere from 28 - 31  days or so give or take .
They should be at the finish line today or in a few days  :hapy: ,but  if the rumors are true and the racers were being held up in Belize( see above ) then I don't know even know that they will finish filming or whatever , they maybe having some problems ?

Please keep in touch with us ,and thank you again BuffaloNY  :<( .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2005, 12:18:40 PM »
some pictures of The Cave of Winds & Horseshoe Falls

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2005, 01:21:57 PM »
Maybe the first team to go over the falls in a barrel will win! LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
 |(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2005, 04:05:12 PM »
Where is my Buffalo NYorker ??

link
Author  Comment 
DrEmphy
 TAR Family Spoiler - 7-30-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I can confirm that the Amazing Race is down to the FInal 3 teams.

There are two teams neck and neck and one about an hour behind.

I have the whole thing videotaped.

I was visiting this location today with some friends and poooof, just happened upon a Route Marker. I have video coverage - no digital camera - of the last team and the clue box.

I received from others that two teams had come before and was told what they looked like.

The location is Niagara Falls, NY - that may be the final stop or it may be a non-elimination leg.

I have more information coming.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2005, 06:16:28 PM »
If the Falls is the final location and the teams were spotted on July 30, this would make TAR8 the shortest TAR on record - only 23 days instead of the usual 30 plus days!  And let's see shots from that video tape. And describe the three teams, please. Until more confirmation of actual sighting comes forth, I would be very suspicious of this spoiler.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2005, 08:04:51 PM »
more

DrEmphy
  Re: TAR Family Spoiler - 7-30-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I showed upw ith some friends who are not locals. The FIRST thing we saw is this box down at Terrapin Point near Niagara Falls. We tape it. We start asking around. Two teams had previous been through around 1:30PM. I pissed myself. I figured a few more had to be around. I find out they were both white families with two children (pretty nondescrip about those families except that one woman was tall and rather overweight - and most of the others involved were out of shape as well)....We then hear that a new team is coming - it was another white couple (average looking american dad with a sihrt that said "festival party" and an out of shape light haired wife) wtih two daughters...one aobut 17, fairly good looking, dark hair, wearing a shirt with a phraes along the front and a younger one with glasses(?) and about 12-13. They run the two hundred yards to the clue, get it, read it - it was one of the blue clues, and as much as I trya nd freeze my camera I cant read whta it says. The girl with the dark hair is the one reading it...she lets out a little excitement upon reading it. They run up the hill (this is a fairly steep hill, about a hundred feet) to the top, the father and older daughter about twice as fast as the mother and younger daughter. We were going to follow them but thought it wiser to catch the other teams. Alas, five minutes later, a lady who was standing near the box wearing a tag that had something written on it included a big number eight picks up the clue box and walks to the parking lot with it. Meaning only three teams came through. We heard they were going to Joseph Davis State Park but when we got there, it was barricaded and its frisbee golf course was only allowed to play the first nine of 27 or 36 holes. There were upwards of thirty cops and alot of younger and older people wearing bright yellow security shirts stopping us...

Basically all we found out was that there are three teams left )provided this wasnt a decoy) and they are all fairly average american families (in the sense that none are great looking or overathletic) withs ome children.

I DO Have this tape and will send an edited copy to MBR if he wants it. I have NO official verification of this being TAR just what I saw. The park workers were all very hush hush, and no one would give a word. The amazing thing was the ignorance of the tourists. Not one of them made a comment about it being special. Me and ONe other gentleman filmed this, while there must have been 200-300 tourists on the point at the time. Who knows how many saw the first two teams?

My guess is that JOseph Davis was the end of the race or a pitstop because it was like Fort Knox.

Thats all I have. Any questions?   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2005, 08:08:37 PM »
Link Found Through Twop's /giving credit where credit is due ~

, posted Sun Jul 31 2005 23:39:30

I was in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago at San Jose International and saw the host Phil Koeghan with a female companion. I stopped him and spoke with him and took two photos with him and my brother.

Best part of my vacation! (almost)

He said he was on "vacation" but that was July 20 or 21. I wonder if the race was in Costa Rica? (Phil seemed to be acting gaurded and sly.)

Robb
Dallas, TX

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:43 PM »
Things are getting bunched up, up thar in Canadar. We have one person spotting the three remaining teams at Niagra Falls on July 30. We also have others spotting five teams in Toronto (pit stop) on July 30. Four teams arrive from Montreal and one team arrives direct from Chicago (Fast Forward?)  So who is right?  See quotes from Realty TV Board:

one team arrived in montreal from chicago on flight NorthWestern 1792 at 5:00pm on July 30. One producer was with the team....they believed the other teams arrived from Toronto. The last flight the teams could have flown out from was direct from Minneapolis to Montreal - arrival time 22h30. There are 5 teams of 4 people left.

Here is another sighting from TVop which claims to be info from an Air Canada worker who spotted four teams on an Air Canada flight no. 418 on Saturday July 30 from YYZ (Toronto) to YUL (Montreal). If four or five teams are in Toronto and Montreal on July 30 it would be hard for the final three teams to be at Niagra Falls on the same day. So this sighting may be only decoys.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 10:55:45 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2005, 11:00:19 PM »
And we know for a fact that they do run decoys , right Gman  ;)
We know for a fact  that one team had been run through the Dallas airport TAR7 .

To add , Alex & Lynn, in an interview , also admitted that they were in fact run through NY as decoys .
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:03:54 PM by puddin »

Offline BuffaloNY

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2005, 04:45:21 AM »

Suspicious sign outside the Cave of the Winds.  Taken 7/29/05

Clue Box on Goat Island, adjacent to the Horseshoe Falls.  Note the new flag colors.  Taken 7/31/05

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2005, 09:13:08 AM »
Producers have always made arrangements for venues to be open or closed at special times to accommodate racers, but these signs are usually printed nicely on yellow background, not hand lettered as shown.  Also route marker clue box looks wrong: why would they suddenly go back to TAR1 Yellow and White colors instead of recent standard of Red and Yellow?  Looks very suspicious to me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »
BuffaloNYorker , thank you so much for taking time out to post these pictures  :<( .

more from the dude with the video

DrEmphy

TAR Family Spoiler - 7-30-05
 It definitely was Yellow and White...those are similar to the video I have.

and another thing suspiciously missing...was Route Markers...not one on the entirety of Goat Island.

After asking around though folks, I can guarentee again. I took a trip this morning, asked a worker and he said "I'm not going to lose my bosses ten million dollars - you can figure it out for yourself"
He did say however that he wasnt even stationed at the Park, they were stationed in another Park...which makes me believe Joe Davis State Park (four miles of nothing) was the end of this race. I know a few concessions workers at the park, all of whom know nothing...I can try and find this out though.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2005, 01:46:48 PM »
Thanks to Pedaler

'The Amazing Race' comes through Western New York
Paul Lane
Monday, August 01, 2005

NIAGARA FALLS — Brendan Cataldo came to Terrapin Point on Sunday to get his first good look at Niagara Falls.

What he also got was a sneak preview of a CBS reality series.

“The Amazing Race” came through the Falls filming for the coming season of the reality show. In “Race,” teams travel from checkpoint to checkpoint with limited budgets, having to complete challenges and avoid being the last group to arrive at a given destination or else face elimination.

Cataldo, a Niagara University student returning home to Albany after the summer, was at the park with friend Ian Tweedie about 2:15 p.m. Sunday. The two were watching over Terrapin Point, when they saw a wooden box on a post in the middle of a field.

Cataldo was curious about the box, but Tweedie’s thoughts immediately turned to the reality show.

“We saw the box and we were ... guessing that it was ‘The Amazing Race,’ ” said Tweedie, a self-professed “Race” fan.

The woman standing guard of the box added to the mystery, Tweedie said.

“She seemed to be protecting the box,” he said.

Knowledge of the show’s filming portions of the upcoming season across the United States added to the speculation, Tweedie said.

The two continued to watch the box while shooting video of the falls, when a group of four people — two adults and two children — ran down the stairs leading to the box and removed an envelope.

All well and good, Cataldo said — except for the cameraman following them at full speed.

For the complete story, see today's Tonawanda News.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/story.asp?id=3194

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2005, 11:21:35 PM »
tarflies

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:12 pm

haha I might know those people quoted in the article.

Its definitely true.

The teams? The first two are VERY vague. Just average white american families, I was told...at least four kids, possibly five, and possibly one team with three kids. One of the women was very large...around 6 foot and 250lbs.

The team I SAW was a couple with two kids. Both kids were girls. The dad was rather plain and his older daughter (16?) was much more athletic and pretty with dark hair. The wife was a bit out of shape and looked like a normal american housewife a bit frumpy - no outstanding good or bad features while the other daughter was about 11 or 12 with lighter hair and also a bit out of shape.
This was not a typical Final 3 team.

I saw them carrying one of the Route Info cards (blue in color) and the older daughter was very happy to have read it.

They didnt respond to my "good lucks".

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2005, 02:00:02 PM »
For everything you ever wanted to know about THE AMAZING RACE past, present and future go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Race

Note that the Yellow and White route marker has not been used since TAR1

Note that it is common practice to have decoys run false legs after the final four

Offline FullMonte

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2005, 03:21:57 PM »
If it *is* a decoy...why bother running it with a different prop?  Why not put a red/yellow marker on it?  Why not make it look more realistic?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
Credits to Glebe @ Riii

lakeman716

Posted on 8/1/05, 4:34 PM   

Ok so alot of you wont like the Family Edition of the Amazing race. Big deal. I think it will be good for the kids watching and racing. Going across America. Who can say they did that or have time to, unles your rich.
I took my kids to Niagara Falls Sunday 7-31-05 and they were there. We have pictures and the envelope that the clue came in. My kids thought it was great to see the kids racing and wish they could do it.
Yes I will be watching with my kids and hopefully they wont edit us out of the Niagara Falls shot since we were right there. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2005, 10:57:27 AM »
should be interstign to see.  And like this poster said...how many kids get to race around the US...may nto be as exciting for adutls but I think the kids would love it.  My kids would...they just want to go go go

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2005, 12:48:14 PM »
from tarflies
regarding NiagaraFalls

went back yesterday to check around and a few park workers informed me that TAR told them that the Terrapin point race was just a decoy leg to throw people off the real F3.
I was told however that for the first time in almost three years TAR was allowed to take a cam into the gorge (very dangerous) and within about forty feet of the Horseshoe Falls, so I think we will be seeing a shot of that.

http://www.tarflies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=536&start=120

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2005, 12:51:28 PM »
Very Good Artlicle @ Realitytvworld/blows

CBS' 'The Amazing Race: Family Edition' visits Canada, finishes in Niagara Falls?

By Steve Rogers, 08/02/2005

After seemingly having fallen off the United States map following their numerous sightings of early July, the remaining teams still competing in CBS' The Amazing Race: Family Edition surfaced in Canada and Niagara Falls this past weekend, where based on the detailed reports of sightseeing tourists, it appears that the eighth edition of the CBS reality series finished its atypical and presumably less-than-global travel adventure.
The Amazing Race 8 -- officially dubbed The Amazing Race: Family Edition in the network's press materials -- reportedly began filming on July 7, with several of the show's teams of four related family members spotted in New York. From there, the competition's course appeared to slowly work its way down the east coast of the United States (with numerous eyewitnesses spotting the teams in parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., and South Carolina) before arriving in Huntsville, Alabama in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday, July 12.

The competition's unprecedented decision to spend its first week journeying around the eastern United States prompted speculation that, due the presence of racers as young as twelve years old, The Amazing Race's producers decided to jettison the program's traditional transcontinental around-the-world (or at least mostly around-the-world) race course format and instead adopt a North America-only course. However, just when it seemed that there was little doubt that The Amazing Race 8 had embarked on a "great American family road trip" type of course, the racing teams seemingly disappeared off the U.S. map following their supposed departure for Talladega, Alabama, with few subsequent credible domestic eyewitness sightings surfacing.
Instead, reports that the teams were in Central America began emerging, with eyewitness reports that the competition visited Panama and Belize and that Race host Phil Keoghan was sighted in Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport surfacing during mid to late July.

Then, after nearly three weeks with no North American sightings, Internet message boards once again began buzzing this weekend with eyewitness reports that The Amazing Race 8 family teams had been spotted in both eastern Canada and New York's Niagara Falls area.

According to numerous online eyewitnesses, The Amazing Race 8's five remaining teams visited both Toronto and Montreal on Saturday, July 30. While in Toronto, the teams visited the Toronto Harbourfront and participated in a task in which they had to find the Kajama, a 164-foot three masted schooner that normally offers tours of the Toronto harbor on Lake Ontario. In addition to the various racing teams, The Amazing Race co-creator Bertram van Munster was also said to have been spotted on-location. After completing their visit to Toronto, the teams are said to have flown to Montreal, where they arrived around 5PM local time.

While it's unknown what the teams did in Montreal, the Tonawanda News newspaper picked up the racers' trail on Sunday, July 31. According to the News, the teams visited the American side of Niagara Falls, with eyewitnesses spotting the teams racing to a clue box set up at Terrapin Point on Goat Island in Niagara Falls State Park. The newspaper's eyewitnesses saw at least one team of four -- containing two adults and two children -- race down the nearby stairs and, with cameramen trailing and a nearby production assistant ensuring that no one interfered with the clue box before they arrived, grab an envelope containing the course's next clue. After that, other eyewitnesses reported that teams headed to nearby Joseph Davis State Park, where, although unconfirmed by park officials who apparently signed CBS confidentiality agreements, the The Amazing Race: Family Edition is rumored to have concluded.

One online eyewitness who was allegedly visiting Terrapin Point complete with video camera also provided detailed physical descriptions of the three families that are said to have reached Niagara Falls (highlight the below white area to see.)

According to an EZBoard poster who alleges to have recorded the last team's arrival at the Terrapin Point clue box, the last family -- which trailed the other two final teams by about an hour -- was a Caucasian family comprised of an "average looking" father who was wearing a shirt stating "Festival Party," his "out of shape, light haired wife," and their two daughters. One of the daughters was described as bring a "fairly good looking" dark haired girl in her late teens while the second daughter was about 12 or 13 years of age and wore eyeglasses.

Based on his conversations with other folks at both Terrapin Point and Joseph Davis State Park, both of the other two earlier teams are also said to be comprised of "fairly average" white families with children, with one park ranger telling him that although the two teams were jumbled together when they ran by, one team appeared to comprised of three children and only one parent.

As for how the family edition race itself unfolded, according to at least one former The Amazing Race competitor, longtime Race viewers apparently aren't the only ones concerned about how the surprising decision to include young children and drastically tamper with the two-time Emmy Award-winning program's format might effect the show. According to a recent online posting by former The Amazing Race 6 contestant Hera McLeod, the producers had "a lot of problems" during the course of the family edition race. In fact, according to Hera, the decision to allow teams of four containing young children to compete resulted in so many "problems" that "it may actually not be a rumor that it all gets canned." Despite Hera's comments, according to CBS press materials released today, The Amazing Race: Family Edition is still scheduled to air as part of the network's Fall 2005 primetime schedule.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2005, 12:57:43 PM »
And so we don't forget ................their are other versions of the Amazing Race

Modeled after the popular television reality series, “Canadian Outback's Amazing Race” is an outstanding teambuilding event combining communication skills, planning, strategy, teamwork, and a race against the clock.  Anyone can participate as no special skills, athletic ability or experience are required.

http://www.canadianoutback.com/team_amazingrace.php

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2005, 09:28:51 AM »
Let's see if my math is right.  Five teams seen in Toronto and Montreal on Saturday, July 30.  Three teams seen the next day, Sunday, July 31 for the final run to Niagara Falls and Joseph Davis State Park.  Were two teams eliminated at the Montreal pit stop, or did one team drown after going over the falls in a barrel?? And if the race ends on July 31, that means they only raced for 24 days instead of the usual 30.  Somethings don't add up right.