Author Topic: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers  (Read 64934 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers
« on: June 19, 2005, 08:42:57 PM »
Time to start a thread ..

Codeqazplm @
Metropolis Reality Forums , has posted that he/she had spotted a TARF team in Disney/Orlando around June 7th .

also Willard @
Metropolis Reality Forums has posted that his son / wife and children are in TARF , he also confirmed that TARF started filming last week ( this was posted on June 15th) and that the starting line is 85% Disney .

yet another poster Amazing Race Addict posted that ,TAR8 starts in Orlando, Florida to the country of Costa Rica in Central America.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:47:41 PM »
more , this one from a poster named boxsir @ sucks  
boxsir
(6/16/05 9:29 pm)
Reply   Re: where will they go?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I work at Daytona Beach airport and some people were through the other day that had amazing race stuff, when this one lady saw it they quickly hid it and said no one is to know we are here. I would have asked a ton more questions but the girl involved with their bags didn't think anything of it till later and asked me about it knowing how big a fan I am. I am going to ask someone from Delta if they were asking about flights, etc. Richard Petty driving experience at the speedway would be a great challenge, tons of other things come to mind also.   

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 09:22:29 AM »
Hi Puddin!

Can you ask that Willard guy want are the genders of his grandchildren?  That way it does a 1 in 4 naildown of authenticity when the team info is released.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 10:52:24 AM »
Chateau , I asked but do not know how much info Willard feels is OK to post  *%#  ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 10:56:06 AM »
Another poster @ Met ( I'm not famaliar with the members there ) Palpatine , posted
This is the biggest spoiler that I can give to anyone. 

THINK LEX VAN DE BERGHE. 
  [^/

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 11:13:12 AM »
the disney start makes sense for a family edition. i hope that they have to do at least one task there before they head out. maybe ride "it's a small world"?  :)*

i'm also pretty sure that i don't want to see recycled reality folks again. let's get all new people to get to know.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »
Palpatine & Willard are the same poster at Met forums , what he was posting is that his son has tattoos like Lex  =]/

lol cinni , I love its a small world ..i'm glad that it  survived after all these years   .

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 11:21:30 AM »
Hi all!  Ah, a topic I can post on.

I don't believe the Disney stuff.

Disney owns the ABC television network.  Viacom owns the CBS television network.

CBS would not film on a competitor's property and also would not be allowed to.

If CBS wants to film at a family amusement park, Viacom has their own http://www.paramountparks.com/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 12:36:03 PM »
Hey Pedaler , I know Disney is ABC but it still maybe a possability that Florida is the starting point ? Just a thought .

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 02:59:09 PM »
Florida is the starting point ? Just a thought .

Puddin, could be.  The Daytona Beach item might be true.

I think fans just like to throw out places that they think would be a good starting point.  For example, I could say that a good place to start out is the Kennedy Space Center.  The closest airports are Orlando and Daytona Beach (both 60 to 70 miles away).

I just hope someone posts photos like last race from the Los Angeles and San Juan airports.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 03:02:31 PM »
Oh we can only dream of having a spoiler like that again . I can't remember what forum I read this on but there are some diehard TAR fans hanging around major airports scouting for some potential TAR teams , now thats dedication  {l{

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 11:18:42 PM »
what he was posting is that his son has tattoos like Lex 

Nice work Puddin!  That is a good enough pin-down for me.   :t-up:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 02:38:01 PM »
An update from a poster @ realitytvworld
Moody 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
 06-26-05, 04:36 PM (EST)

16. "TAR 8 hasn't started filming yet - Phil"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-05 AT 04:40 PM (EST)
Phil was on local radio in Calgary this morning from the Banff television festival and he said that TAR 8 has not yet started filming. I checked and it seems that the festival was June 12-15 this year, so likely the interview was pre-taped. At any rate, we know that it can't have started earlier than the 3rd week of June.

Also, he confirmed that the minimum age was 8, but he didn't say definitely that there were any 8 year olds involved. He mentioned that a team of siblings was a possibility, so long as at least one of them was 21 years of age. Other than that, he just said that he thought they had a great group of teams (but, then again, what else would he say ).

TAR 8 will air in the fall, but no specific date was given.

Most of the interview, at least what I caught of it, was about NOW.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 09:34:10 PM »
so it begins..this posted at Tarflies

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 pm

***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****
TAR3's Kenny just called me to tell me that his friend Ray thinks he saw TAR8 Families in New York City today.

We think it's really odd that families would be in NY and not headed immediately out of the country, and we agree that this COULD be a decoy.

In the event that it's a real spoiler though, here's what he told me his friend saw:

3 families driving down Broadway and stopping outside a place called Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) in Soho, 3 blocks from where Kenny lives. The only other business there is a bank, so he doesn't think they were headed to the bank. There was a cop there who didn't seem to have a problem with them parking on the street.

Of the three families he saw, two were white and one was African-American. One of the families (don't know which one) had a really little kid who he thought was about 7 years old (I think he said it was a "he", and the kid must be at least 8, since that's the cut-off). The kid was yelling out the window (to traffic?) to "let them over."

They were driving cars (SUV's? I don't know.) and there were cameramen. The cars were fairly new and had different license plates (one was Michigan, one was New Jersey, the other was ??). That could just mean they were rentals and Ken and I agree that cars/SUVs would be likely (over cabs) because of the sheer number of people that have to be in each vehicle.

Anyway, we don't know if this is for real, or a decoy, or what, but Kenny wanted me to post it on TARflies first so that we can check against any other spoilers that might come in!

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm

DingoDan just heard on the New Jersey talk radio station (101.5FM) that drivers should avoid Washington Crossing bridge in Hopewell Township until 6pm "due to ongoing filming of the Amazing Race." That was all they said.

Would they run a decoy leg that far?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:47 PM »
and now we have this link here

*spoiler*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I saw this on an unrelated message board...LYMI

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:29 pm Post subject: The Amazing Race

I took the boys up to see where Washington Crossed the Delaware today. I like history, they were just hanging around being bums. Come on, I sad, it will be fun.

They gave me that look - the one that says sarcasticly - Right.
Freedom, liberty etc. Get you butts up and put the bikes in the truck it is a 30 minute ride.

They each brought a walkman so they wouldn’t have to listen to me on the ride. Not a vote of confidence.

I pulled into the half empty lot and was told I had to park in the full side by some twerp with a radio and an earphone. He didn’t look like a PA start park guy to me.

Duh there are no spaces in the half that is totally full. The other half was totally empty. I choose to see the lot as half usable not hafl full but the empty side was for a "caravan" coming the geek with an ear piece said.

Right.

A caravan. We have them all the time here in PA.

So I find another lot down the road and parked, get the bikes out of the truck and bike back to the Welcome Center to get a map. It isn’t a very big place but I wanted to know what to see.

The “Welcome Center” was across from the half empty lot. Ask what is up. Some other geek with a radio and ear piece gives us a lame story about filming an ad for PA & NJ tourism.

Right.

PA and NJ share money on a joint ad for tourism. You must be from Mars ‘cause we locals know PA and NJ compete for tourism $ - they don’t get along well enough to film a joint ad.

I lean my bike against a sign and head in to get a map; some woman comes up bableling and tells me to move my bike, the filming and all. I am losing my Evil Emperor charm and walk in leaving the bike were it was.

I said I was going in to get a map. While I was in there all the staff were talking in hushed tones all excited. Way too busy to hand me a map. No other tourists around. I mumbled some kind of a comment about geeks with earphones.

One of the staff ask if they were rude.

No I said they were just acting like a bunch of Tories. I wondered they were so a twitter they didn't get the insult.

Connor & Blair notice a thing that looks just like an Amazing Race mail box. Connor jokes about opening it and the “commercial” guy gets real nervous and say Connor can’t touch it and that is how they are making the tourism ad interesting.

Right.

We bike a bit but they have part of the path roped off. We go around nice like they ask and come back after a bit, it is a small place and few views of the river outside their ropes.

So I sit outside the ropes at one of the few places we could see the crossing talking to the boys about how the river doesn't look all that wide but it would suck rowing across in a snow storm.

Some other geek comes and tells us to move we are in their camera lines. It is a private event and they have a permit.

You put the ropes up. If we are in the ‘line’ it is ‘cause you put the ropes in the wrong place. Dude we’re here to see the river, we are respecting your ropes but it the history is everyone’s.

More lame cover storyness. Clearly something ain’t like they said.

So we move around again and there are guys out in the river and ambulances all over. I am getting tired of getting moved away from the river as Mr. Ambulance guy come over.

What’s Up with all the equipment I ask.

It is a Drill, said with no sincerity.

Right same lack of sincerity.

I came to see the crossing.

Well you picked a good day stick around and watch TV in September.

So we go back to another rope line, (but in the same 'safe' camera line as all the geeks with earpieces.)

The geeks get all jazzed up, their earpices a buzz “They are coming.”

A bunch of Suburbans come rolling across the bridge.

(Why didn’t George et al use the Bridge?)

Families of 4 (it was the Family edition of Amazing Race – we sent them a tape but didn’t make the cut.) come running out of their Suburbans in the still almost half empty side of the parking lot, check the Connor cant touch it mail box and run to the river where the camera guys tell them to stop and run in in a better formed group on the angle they want. So the families stop and re-run in for the cameras.

(Next time you see the Amazing Race and they are all running in a group – the camera guy stopped them and told them to.)

It was a challenge. They had to row a guy dressed in colonial stuff across the river, grab a flag and row back.

We watched 6 groups do it. Most couldn’t row worth a lick. One almost knocked their George overboard running into a sand bar. The families had to wear life vest. The guys being George Washington had to stand. I hope they had floatation under his heavy colonial costumes but I doubt it, they are extras after all.

I was talking to a guy whose wife was the contact for the state parks; he drove down form Harrisburg to watch. We had a great time watching them try to row straight across with the river current.

I made the boys be careful as we rode our bikes back to the truck. The Suburbans left the half empty side of the parking lot without paying much attention. I guess there was no camera man around.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 11:19:31 AM »
Wow..I guess they can not close the park...Do you thik they will stay maining in  the US due to it being a family episode?  Trying to get kids through customes and planes and stunts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:57 AM »
I don;t know what to think of these spoilers Texan..I actually kidded Rob that TARF would be TAR USA ...thinking about the air travel and all . I mean how could they  get like lets say 4 families ( 13 peeps + 8 camara men =20 ) a airline reservation at the same time ? Then we thought, impossible because if they stayed in the states they would be spotted to easily ?? cool if they were in Pa.   }^!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 12:20:36 AM »
more....here

Friday, July 8, 2005

The Amazing Race 8
Amazing Race filmed yesterday in New Jersey

The Amazing Race 8 taped in New Jersey yesterday, reality blurred has learned. Is it the start (or end) of the race? Or a stop along the way?

A reader reports that yesterday in Hopewell, NJ, traffic reports alerted drivers that the show was filming in the area around Hopewell, and specifically in Washington’s Crossing State Park.

Our correspondent has the details:

On yesterday’s (Thursday, July 7) rush hour traffic report on 101.5 here in New Jersey they were recommending that people steer clear of the town of Hopewell and Washington’s Crossing State Park until after 8:00 PM when they were expected to wrap shooting for the Amazing Race

source MetForums

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2005, 10:51:03 PM »
eta: good news !! I just asked my BF if he could find out about the PA.( he works for the State  ;) ) Delaware thingy on Monday and he said no problem , actually his mom still lives in that area  |#'

from TWop's

T2
Just Tuned In
Jul 9, 2005
  Today @ 06:56 PM   Anchor   Email     

I usually avoid spoilers, but I have to share this one. My husband just called from Dulles airport (outside Washington D.C.), and he just saw Phil and three production types checking in for a United flight (at around 7:45pm eastern time). No clue which flight; they were in the first-class line and poor hubby was stuck in a long economy line and couldn't hear anything or follow/stalk Phil. If he happens to run into Phil again and sees which flight he's on, I'll post again. 

T2
Just Tuned In

Today @ 08:20 PM   Anchor   Email     

Phil and his group were in the check-in line, not waiting to board. My husband was checking in for an international flight, but I'm not sure about Phil (and hubby is incommunicado). I have a vague recollection that United has separate check-in for international and domestic flights, but I don't know for certain whether both international and domestic first class check-in counters are visible from the international economy line my husband was in. When I talked to my husband, I was assuming that Phil was also flying internationally, but that was before I read the previous posts about sightings in the US.
At Dulles, you check in, then take these funky shuttle thingys to your terminal, so my husband didn't see which terminal Phil went to. Rats!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:24:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 07:10:51 PM »
more today ..the link ~~

evening
Channel Surfer

Today @ 02:58 PM   Anchor       

I've been waiting for weeks to post this! When Survivor announced they would be shooting the next season near Tikal, there was a lot of chatter on the Belize chat boards due to the proximity/affinity... A friend/travel arranger I know in Belize (who was formerly involved in TV production in NYC) commented "they will be here in July." I shot off a personal email to her asking if she was working on Survivor Guatemala. She replied that she couldnt go into detail because she had signed a confidentiality agreement, but that no, she was working on "the other one."

Unless she's talking about Road Rules, I figure TAR 8 has to be cruising through Belize at some point this month.

oh, and re: the Disney spoiler... somehow I doubt CBS would be promoting ABC's parent company

MisterMcGee
Fanatic

Today @ 04:47 PM   Anchor   Email     

I’ve never delved into spoilers for TAR, but I received word of this today (and maybe this ties in with the Virginia locations) - TAR is apparently filming in Norfolk, Va. tomorrow. They apparently are going to film the contestants running through the Norfolk International Airport. The filming is supposed to be contained to the airport. It seems like an odd thing to film…and of course this would happen after I have moved from there.

I have to keep the deets on how I found out on the downlow for now.

For the sake of accuracy, the production credits from the PR announcement

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are the executive producers for Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with Touchstone Television and Amazing Race Productions. Amy Chacon and Evan Weinstein are co-executive producers. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri and is distributed by King World Productions, Inc.

Buena Vista is part of the Disney conglomerate, but King World is owned by CBS and they control the licensing of the show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 11:05:06 AM »
thanks to Ottopart  :hapy:   , can you beleive all this  :wow: ?? Have we ever had newspaper reports or radio DJ's telling us that TAR is coming through town ? Can it really be a race across the USA ? According to this article Talladega is next.. I wonder if they be apart of a racecar challenge ~

'Amazing Race' makes pit stop at Space Center
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
By CHRIS WELCH
Times Entertainment Writer chrisw@htimes.com
Family teams face challenges on their way to Talladega

About midnight Monday, with Hurricane Dennis' last breath soaking Huntsville, there was a flurry of activity at the Huntsville-Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau at 500 Church St.

Between midnight and 4 a.m., one by one, a fleet of eight to 10 GMC Yukons rolled out of the parking lot and sloshed down Interstate 565, got off at exit 15 and headed toward the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.

Motorists driving by on the interstate had no idea they were passing celebrities - members of the eighth installment of the CBS reality series "The Amazing Race."

The popular reality show zipped into town Monday night and, after a series of challenges involving the Aviation Challenge centrifuge and a computer station at the Space Center, host Phil Keoghan counted off the contestants - "You're first, you're second. ..." Then, after a much-needed rest at the Huntsville Marriott, the teams packed up Tuesday afternoon and headed to Talladega. The show is expected to air this fall.

Space Center officials were asked to sign $10 million confidentiality agreements with CBS but declined. Most did agree not to talk and wouldn't comment on the show, but sources involved with the filming of the show detailed what happened on the condition their names wouldn't be used.

Larry Capps, CEO of the Space Center, is in Florida for today's shuttle launch and not available for comment. Holly Beech, marketing director for the center, declined to comment.

A call to Jeremy Murphy in CBS' communications office in New York wasn't returned. But according to the network's Web site, the eighth edition of the reality series is a one-time family edition that includes traditional families (mom, dad and two kids), blended families (newly married with step-siblings), four sisters, four brothers, multigenerational (grandparents and grandchildren) and engaged couples with in-laws-to-be. Each team must feature at least one team member who is at least 21.

The race, according to sources, started Thursday at an undisclosed location with 11 teams. The remaining eight to 10 four-member teams arrived here late Monday from somewhere in South Carolina on two buses.

"Amazing Race" producers wanted to come to the Space Center after hearing about its annual Moon Buggy Race. There had been talk about building a moon buggy track for the "Amazing Race" contestants, but CBS officials apparently nixed that idea.

Upon arriving at the Visitors Bureau, the contestants were given clues to find the Space Center. Once they found the museum, the teams went to Aviation Challenge for their first challenge that involved the centrifuge - an astronaut trainer that provides 3 1/2 to four Gs. After that, the contestants raced on foot to Rocket Park under the replica of the shuttle, where they were given clues to find a computer station inside the museum.

The teams completed their two challenges and then went to their rooms at the Huntsville Marriott. They were then given a 12-hour break before leaving Tuesday afternoon for their next challenge: Talladega.

link
http://www.al.com/entertainment/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1121246191244210.xml&coll=1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 11:09:45 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 11:13:45 AM »
Aviation Challenge
Talladega
Talladega attractions
Cheaha State Park

At 2,407 feet above sea level, Cheaha Mountain is the highest point in Alabama. This 2,799-acre mountaintop retreat provides breathtaking scenery year-round.

DeSoto Caverns Park

Resting at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, DeSoto Caverns Park offers a unique destination for those seeking a fun and educational experience.

Motor Sports Hall of Fame

One of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame's highlight features is the Motorsports Museum. Spanning three buildings and the enclosed courtyard, this collection of history making vehicles is priceless.

Talladega Superspeedway

Talladega Superspeedway is the biggest, fastest, most competitive motorsports facility in the world. Records for both speed and competition have been established at Talladega.

Talladega Walk of Fame

The Davey Allison Memorial-Walk of Fame is a beautiful landscaped park that covers one full city block downtown Talladega, Alabama. Dedicated during the summer of 1994, the memorial is open 365 days a year with free admission.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 11:50:56 AM »
more from a poster at sucks~

1963Mustang
 First time poster. Last week, I was in DC. On Friday, I was on the mall near the Lincoln Memorial. The area was crowded as usual. I heard some shouting and looked towards the Vietnam Memorial just as a group of people came running out of the crowd. There was a man, a woman, and two young girls (caucasian) followed by a cameraman and a sound guy. All four were wearing orange outfits and caps and were running straight at me. I immediately thought about the race and wished for my camera. They ran right by me next to the reflecting pool and on towards the Korean Momument. I couldn't follow but I saw them stop and ask a park ranger something. I moved towards the ranger and heard him use his radio to call someone. He wanted to know what all the camera crews were doing on the mall. He said he had been seeing them all morning. The reply came back that they were filming a tourism video. He then said the cameraman had asked him to sign a release to use the film of him answering questions and he had refused. He told whoever he was talking to that it was against regulations and that they had better pass that on to the other rangers just in case.

This was on Friday, July 8th, about 11 am. I watched the rest of the day for others but didn't see anyone else. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 08:00:22 PM »
this one from blows/realitytvworld 
scwriter 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"
 07-12-05, 08:46 AM (EST)

9. "RE: Season 8 Timings/Locations"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-05 AT 08:47 AM (EST)
Looks like it is a North America edition.

Rumor has it that TAR8 filmed in Charleston, SC (more specifically Mount Pleasant, which is on the other side of the bridge from peninsular Charleston) on July 11.

I'm sorry I don't know other details.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 12:14:45 AM »
Thursday July 7 ,
NewYork City
Friday July 8,
Washington's Crossing PA
Saturday July 9,
Lincoln Memorial