Author Topic: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers  (Read 64929 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2005, 09:39:25 AM »
You are a good detective Gman! :gman:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »
I agree Texan , GMan is awesome  :t-up: .
The more I read the more I think the NiagaraFalls spoiler could have been nothing more than a decoy run .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2005, 01:30:39 PM »
posted by TAR7 Susan

A comment on TAR Family: I noticed on another thread that someone mentioned actually having a clue envelope from the final leg. This would be a dead giveaway that this was a decoy, I think, because decoy teams our season were told to drop the false clues they'd been given so they would end up on the internet. Meredith and Gretchen's detour took them to the famous Book Depository in Texas where no one seemed to care about what they were doing. When they intentionally dropped a clue envelope once, someone ran up and told Gretchen, "You dropped this!!!" and gave it back. I'm just saying, if it looks like too obvious, it probably is. 

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »
You trying to say people in Texas do not care about Amazing race??  Probably too hot to stand around and watch. 

Good information about dropping the clues. Because the teams get penalties if they do not have their clue at the pit stop.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2005, 12:41:23 AM »
not a spoiler just an article I read ~

If you haven't been following the early reports on the new season, here's the bottom line: According to online reports and some published stories, the cycle of "Amazing Race'' that begins Sept. 27 is, at best, disappointing and, at worse, a mess. The producers decided to do something different with the show in its eighth go-round and came up with "Amazing Race: Family Edition'' which features teams with four members of the same family.

Biggest problem: With younger kids involved, the race was limited in terms of how far and where it could go. As a result, "Amazing Race'' apparently never wandered outside the Americas, spending much of its time in the U.S.
and Canada. (Huntsville, Ala. and Niagara Falls, N.Y. are perfectly nice places but they don't compete in appeal with Kenya and Singapore.)

I don't know how much stock to put in some of the reports but I fear the worse. When I recently asked two CBS executives about the coming ""Race'' season, they both rolled their eyes and quickly changed the subject

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/08/reality_bites_s.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2005, 12:53:48 PM »
Looking at the teams , Id go ahead and say this was a false report or decoy , or am I missing something here ?

Based on his conversations with other folks at both Terrapin Point and Joseph Davis State Park, both of the other two earlier teams are also said to be comprised of "fairly average" white families with children, with one park ranger telling him that although the two teams were jumbled together when they ran by, one team appeared to comprised of three children and only one parent.
The teams? The first two are VERY vague. Just average white american families, I was told...at least four kids, possibly five, and possibly one team with three kids. One of the women was very large...around 6 foot and 250lbs.
The team I SAW was a couple with two kids. Both kids were girls. The dad was rather plain and his older daughter (16?) was much more athletic and pretty with dark hair. The wife was a bit out of shape and looked like a normal american housewife a bit frumpy - no outstanding good or bad features while the other daughter was about 11 or 12 with lighter hair and also a bit out of shape.
This was not a typical Final 3 team.

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2005, 01:16:41 PM »
I'm also not seeing a Dad with a lot of tatoos. --at least not on the arms.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Yeah, Palpatine has been quiet he said he would be around once the website was up to let us know which team is his family .

Lex looking ?? hard to say ?  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »
that settles that Niagra Falls spoiler =Decoys .. now to figure out if one of those dads has tatoos

DrEmphy
(8/16/05 5:37 pm)
Reply   Re: Real finish line or decoy??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Yeah, sorry to report, none of those teams are the one I saw.

I know what i saw and I have the video...it just wasnt any of those teams...I took the pictures to the Falls today to see if anyone recognized any of the teams, and I have had such terrible results that I need to go back again.

The race was here, but as I was warned the day I went back - it might have been a decoy at Terrapin Point.

The actual race WAS here though. You will see, my team spoilers are bunk now though, I guess, because none of those teams I saw...they are all WAYYY too good looking. 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2005, 06:26:27 PM »
Hello everybody. This seems like a friendly place, so if nobody minds I'll pull up a chair and spoil a spell.

I wanted to mention some things about the Early Show clip and get your opinions. For reference, paste this link:
rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/cbsnews/2005/08/16/video780841.rm
in your address bar: if you have Real codecs installed, the clip (without commercials) should show up in the appropriate player.
The wave-off footage at the end would seem to be either at Empire-Fulton Ferry park (state) or Brooklyn Bridge park (city): I can't
tell which. But everything else seems to point to the north end of Governors Island.
First, compare the skylines (and the wharf structure) in these two photos, one taken west of the wharf and one just east:

Second, compare the building in the background with the island bookstore:

Third, compare the area I've enhanced (upper-right) with the structures at the ferry landing:

You can go here:http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/manhattan/governorsisland/northern/
for the original, larger pictures. This is an overview with my guess about the shoot location:

I'm not sure how (or if) they're going to tie the two places together. Usually contestants arrive for Phil's
briefing in some kind of specialized vehicle. Something local to New York, perhaps?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2005, 07:41:40 PM »
OMH !! Welcome Slowhatch of Twop fame  :<( Please join in ..I love to read your posts !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2005, 10:20:22 PM »
Puddin: :<(

To quote from your post of yesterday:

"CBS today announced the identities of the 10 families set to compete in THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION. For the first time ever, the Emmy Award-winning reality adventure series will feature teams of four instead of two, comprised of family members. The 10 teams of families will compete against one another in a race around the world for a $1 million prize.

and....

"THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION features 10 teams -- each comprised of four family members -- on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days."

and...

30,000 miles would take you around the world at least once at the equator (twice at the Artic Circle) And this is an awful lot of miles to run up just by travelling from the East Coast to the West Coast and back (About 7,000 miles; oh well make that 10,000 if they go South and North also) We have had suposedly sightings in Beliz and Panama. Still that would not account for a total of 30,000 miles. So were they able to sneak away and actually travel around the world more or less on a straight line from Panama to Europe to Asia and back to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and then on to Toronto and Montreal??????

"
:<( Gman ..I havent had time to put the spoilers together , if you want a go at it please do so  :kuss:
if not I'll have to make sometime, the BB6 updates is killing me .

Time to swipe stuff from the other board again   {l{ . ( thanks to greenraven@sucks )

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just returned from my cousin's wedding in New Orleans and in speaking with my other cousin at the family brunch, our conversation turned to TAR. She asked if I was still a fan, and informed me that one of the bridesmaids' boss (she works at The Ritz Carlton in N.O., as does he) had just gotten back recently with his family from filming the new TAR: Family Edition. The bridesmaid didn't have any other info outside of that/her boss didn't tell her much more, but look for a southern New Orleans family in the next race. Just a heads-up.

They followed this post with one allegedly from the said N.O. hotel guy Racer posting on some board called Datalounge and added the board isn't the most reliable:

Quote:
I'm Going to Be on The Amazing Race with my family in September. We just got back (that's no spoiler, because even teams eliminated early go into sequester/decoy mode). The season should start in September. I'm the hotel manager from New Orleans. Can't really say much more, except I had some slight disappointment in the fact that this race took place mainly in North America. But that's understandable because some teams had children as young as 7 with them.

Well, hope you guys watch!!!

According to CBS the only family from New Orleans is the Schroeder Family. And he is identified as an architect not a hotel manager. So who is this guy claiming that he is a Hotel Manager (Ritz Carlton) not an architect. Is someone just posting to get his own kicks from Route 66? So claiming that the race took place "mainly in North America" still leaves some overseas travelling - Belize, Panama, and Canada are all still in North America as is the USofA, of course. Until more is proven rialable I would not take anything from this source as gospel
GMan , credits to twop's

PRESS RELEASE

New Orleans - Proud to Call It Home for the Night

For additional information about this press release contact:

Char Schroeder
Director of Public Relations
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
921 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
USA
Phone: (504) 524-1331
Fax: (504) 670-2863
char.schroeder@ritzcarlton.com

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/new_orleans/overview/pressreleases/proud_to_call_it_home.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2005, 10:22:33 PM »
I have been puffing and puffing on my pipe and the "arouand the world" quote that keeps coming up has me thinking.  Also the grand total of only 30,000 miles also has me puzzled. But as Sherlock said to the good doctor: Its elementary.  So here is the pipe dreams to beat all pipe dreams (and , Puddin, please don't ask what I have been smoking in my pipe)

This is my wildest guess of where TAR8 goes:

Leg One. New York to Washington, DC                    205 miles
 Washington DC to Charleston, SC 447 miles
 Charleston,SC to Huntsville, AL 404 miles

Leg Two Huntsville, AL to Taladega, AL 95 miles
 Taladega, AL to Beliz City, Beliz 1109 miles

Leg Three Beliz City to Panama City, Panama 827 miles

Leg Four Panama City to Wellington, NZ 7447 miles

Leg Five Wellington,NZ to Sydney, AUS 1384 miles

Leg Six Sydney, AUS to Manila, PI 3898 miles

Leg Seven Manila, PI to Honolulu, HI 5304 miles

Leg Eight Honolulu, HI to San Francisco, CA 2395 miles

Leg Nine San Francisco, CA to Jackson, WY 732 miles

Leg Ten Jackson, WY to Toronto, Canada 1557 miles (note may be included in Leg nine)

Leg Eleven Toronto to Montreal 314 miles
 Montreal to New York, NY 320 miles

This gives us a total of 26, 438 miles

Locations are selected for English speaking ability. English is the primary language in Beliz, Panama and The Philippines

There probably is local travel in and around these locations which would account for an additional 3,600 miles

If there are the usual 13 legs, then some locations may include more than one leg.

As I said this is a pure pipe dream.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2005, 02:37:15 AM »
the DataLounge thread Link

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »
This is interesting and I would like to know CBS's reaction to it.  The DataLounge posting from the person in New Orleans claiming to be on TAR8 was posted on Aug 9 a week before the "Official" release of the teams by CBS on TES on Aug 16. The poster was later identified as being CS.  So either Mr. or Mrs. Schroeder must have spoken to someone about being on the race which seems to me to be in violation of the confidentiality contract which all contestents must sign.  In the article about the three brothers and sisters posted above, the writer claims that all the information was given to him by the mother since the three siblings were prevented by their contract from speaking to the press. I wonder how CBS is treating the Schroeder affair?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
 |#'
Hi Slowhatch.  I hope you like it here.  It will be great to work with you (again).    8-)'
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2005, 04:29:13 PM »
Shouts to Chateau d If  {|
swiped this from Sucks

The Amazing Race 8 Odds
    -----------------------
    Linz Family        3-1
    Rogers Family      7-2
    Bransen Family     4-1
    Aiello Family      5-1
    Godlewski Family   6-1
    Weaver Family      6-1
    Paolo Family       7-1
    Schroeder Family   7-1
    Black Family       8-1
    Gaghan Family      8-1

link~
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-24-2005/0004093667&EDATE=

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2005, 04:31:04 PM »
Sinycdelgage

(8/24/05 7:28 am)

Unless you have your dates mixed up, this isn't true. My Dad's a producer for the Amazing Race, and he got home on the 10th of this month. I believe production finished on the 8th.

And if you don't believe me about my Dad being a Producer for TAR, check out my blog. I've had to try and prove the BYOND community that I'm not lying. =)

My Blog ;)

~Sinyc. 

link to sucks
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:49:34 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2005, 07:08:54 PM »
I looked at this blog and I think that boy's going to get a wooping when daddy gets wind of this.

But it's real as far as I can tell.  The picture of the Emmy with dad's name on it is very strong proof.

But how useful is dad coming home on August 10th?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2005, 07:14:43 PM »
Sorry Chateau I've been busy with BB   |(
The SamCahill spoiler ..we can count this out .

SamCahill 
(8/21/05 6:03 pm)
Reply  TAR8 Spoiler
 Between the 11th and the 15 of this month, my friend was on vacation in Florida- Orlando based area. Im not sure what the production dates were and when the filming ended- But im guessing Florida was one of the last locations. Anyways, the spoiler is my friend spotted a team of 4 blondes running through Jimmy Buffet's Mragaritaville. She knew I was a fan so she called me up and let me know about this. If this was posted somewhere else, Im sorry just delete it. But I thought Id share this with you- If these dates were indeed towards the end of production, we can know that the Godlewski's get far..Or if production was early this could mean nothing. 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2005, 12:13:26 AM »
Over at TWOP, a poster reported seeing Phil on a cruise ship doing non-TAR stuff:
I was on a cruise ship (Monarch of the Seas, RCCL, sailing out of L.A. to Ensenada) on August 5th and Our Man Phil was on board early in the day, apparently filming something on the pool deck. It killed me that I did not have my camera with me - he was all for having his picture taken with people that happened to be up on the deck. It was pretty early in the day and most passengers hadn't even boarded yet, so it was fairly uncrowded. He and the crew disembarked long before the ship departed.

Didn't see any TAR-related stuff, so I have no idea what they were filming up there. Promo for something else, mayhaps?

The account fits with the MOTS sailing schedule, listed here:
http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=345

So the reports of the race ending the previous weekend are looking a little better.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2005, 07:31:35 AM »
Phil was also reported to be in San Francisco on the evening of August 5.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10339472

And last night hundreds of invited guests including the Maori Queen Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu, New Zealand ambassador to the United States John Wood and San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom as well as film personality Rena Owen and The Amazing Race presenter Phil Keoghan, a New Zealander, attended the exhibition's official opening.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2005, 09:51:58 AM »
 |#'  ok, i am officially starting to get real excited! i've been enjoying rewatching previous editions on gsn. (yeah, we get that up here!) but need a new fix soon. it will be real fun to figure out which of these is the real race and which were decoy legs. i suspect a lot of decoys if they stayed in north america.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2005, 10:45:55 AM »
Thanks for bringing the spoilers over everyone  |#' I will try to put something together and maybe you all can help us fill in the blanks  |#'

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2005, 10:55:16 AM »
Bob Parr's kid posted today:

And to correct myself, Dad says that production finished about three weeks ago and post production keeps going all the way through 'till about the second to last episode of the current season of TAR. What they do is they start making the first episode during the first couple o' days of filming. The race films over about 30 days and they send the film back to the warehouse in LA where they edit the films and piece together the story lines. So when production finished, the first episode is like.. 90% complete, the second episode is about 70% complete etc. etc.. He says it's an on-going process right through the series. Sometimes they'll make last minute changes on an episode before sending it in etc. Quite a complicated process and me Dad said he's glad he's not part of post-production!

This fits perfectly with the Phil sightings.