Author Topic: Rachel, Veronica, Tonya, and well, gossip  (Read 5744 times)

Offline Lux

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Rachel, Veronica, Tonya, and well, gossip
« on: June 14, 2005, 12:52:07 PM »
Here goes.

I read Trevor's post about Rachel and Veronica dishing gossip and denying a relationship, albeit not strongly. I watched the aftershow interview with Tonya and VJ Blair on MTV's Overdrive last night, during which Tonya reveals that Rachel and Veronica did have a relationship, and a serious one at that. I am not sure if she does this as revenge but apparently they tried to keep it a secret. They showered (not such a secret) and slept together, the latter kept secret by one or the other sneaking back to the bed before anyone could notice. Well, Tonya noticed because she slept in the same room as Rachel. Others noticed as well, but Tonya's response to that is that other people liked those girls and wanted to protect them. I dont think Tonya is spilling out of revenge because it seems that Rachel and Veronica did have a relationship. During the Inferno between Jodi and Veronica, Rachel said something like "I would go  nsane if it weren't for her (Veronica) being here," and after the challenge, you see Veronica running up to hug Rachel in a best riend/relationshippy kind of way. the latter bits do not necessarily suggest a relationship because such things are often ambiguous in nature between friends, but they make a potential relationship believable.

Anyway, i read somewhere that rachel and veronica started a tshirt company together, website here
www.collegedropout.com
The tees they designed were worn by the team members throughout the show. Kudos to their ability to capitalize on something otherwise less rewarding. On a side note, my friend mentioned to me (upon hearing me vent about this) that her girlfriend's best friend knows Rachel personally, and apparently Rachel now lives with Veronica in SoCal. And..so spreads gossip on the reality tv grapevine. I post this because it is ridiculous and fun to gossip about reality tv stars. AND to reflect on the fact that girl/girl stuff is hot.

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
Re: Rachel, Veronica, Tonya, and well, gossip
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 01:22:39 PM »
That is a great post.

I think about 75.8% of people who watch the show think Veronica and Rachel have a relationship that goes beyond friendship.  There are some pretty strong signals that would make you think that they do.  Tonya's Aftershow interview only adds some fuel to the fire.

"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Lux

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »
that is true, it is fairly obvious there is something else going on.
in the more recent shows where road rules and real world members compete such as the gauntlet and the first inferno, i have noticed that there is alot more screening on who's drama, and when, gets aired. that is, there is far less airtime devoted to drama between members, and more time showing drama related to playing the game. mtv obviously decided that drama pertaining to hookups and drunkenness has less priority than drama regarding game winning strategy and competition. who knows why. perhaps doing this leaves more runoff for behind the scenes, post-show interviews, and generally more dirt to go around. that way, mtv stretches and spreads the capitalizing ability of each and every show, and perhaps even cast member. not only that, mtv stretches iit thin.

ps. i would like to know how exactly you came up with 75.8%  ;)

glad you liked it  (*(
Lux

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:39 PM »
MTV has a general problem in this area.  They corrected it somewhat in this Inferno but there is still work to be done.  With Real World Philadelphia, Battle of the Sexes 2, and Road Rules there was waaayy too much emphasis on things that people don't really care about.  What people want to see is intense drama and people doing stupid things when they are drunk.

I've often suggested that they should bring back Road Rules and hand me the keys.  The key to making that show successful is simple.  Cast a group of characters like Real World Las Vegas or San Diego and send them city to city in an RV stockpiled with booze (with New York, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, and LA being the stops).  I guarantee "things" happen.
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 11:36:49 AM »
Thanks for the gossip.  Glad you are posting  we need more RW/RR fans to post.