Author Topic: Ottawa's Amazing Race gay couple weds  (Read 4907 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ottawa's Amazing Race gay couple weds
« on: June 01, 2005, 02:36:33 PM »
Ottawa's Amazing Race gay couple weds

Canadian Press

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

OTTAWA -- A gay Ottawa couple from the reality TV show The Amazing Race will exchange vows Wednesday morning.

Lynn Warren and Alex Ali picked up their marriage licence at Ottawa City Hall Tuesday.

They then picked out their diamond and platinum wedding bands.

Both rings are to be engraved with the word: Amazing.

About 400 guests will attend the ceremony -- including several contestants from the show.

They include Race winners Joyce and Uchenna Agu, and fellow contestants Gretchen Smith, Bianca Smith and Debbie Cloyd, and mother-and-son team Patrick and Susan Vaughn.

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/story.html?id=5468df23-d0dd-4265-88cf-b2237c4536f6

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
Re: Ottawa's Amazing Race gay couple weds
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »
good for them.  I just loved these two  ]*[
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline angelfairy71

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 09:43:43 PM »
I'm not going to repeat myself.. but Please go read my post in " 'Amazing Race' gay wedding sparks rift ".. :) !

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 02:12:45 AM »
I am happy that Lynn and Alex were able to tie the know in Canada.  I saw a small segment on either Access Hollywood or one of those entertainment shows about their wedding.  It showed Susan and Patrick, Debbie/Bianca talking about how great that Canada accepts them.  Does that mean Debbie and Bianca are also gay? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 06:12:34 PM »
 {l{ I dont think so Bathfizzy but there were alot of rumors that they maybe ?

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 11:37:11 AM »
"Not that there's anything wrong with it."   (*(

I think the spec about Debbie and Bianca was more wishful thinking than reality.  They are self-described "best friends" since childhood, so I can imagine the bond between them is stronger than many people can understand or appreciate.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:41:49 AM »
 {l{ , agreed the rumor was most likely started by men fantasizing over Lesbians doing it , imagine that  ;)

found this on Yahoo~

Rosie Invites Amazing Race Couple On Gay Family Cruise
Tuesday June 14, 1:24 pm ET

NEW YORK, June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Rosie and Kelli O'Donnell, along with partner Gregg Kaminsky are the founding partners of R Family Vacations, the first travel company devoted to gay and lesbian family vacations. The customized cruise aboard, the Norwegian Dawn, will set sail on July 10th for Nova Scotia will ports of call Halifax, Provincetown, Boston, and Martha's Vineyard. The gay couple Lynn and Alex from this seasons "The Amazing Race" were personally invited by Rosie to set sail with her on the second annual cruise.

Rosie, an ardent reality show fan, was so taken by their extraordinary enthusiasm that she personally invited them to join her on the cruise. The couple will enjoy a concert by Cyndi Lauper, and many Broadway performers will showcase their talents, some include, Liz Calloway, John Tartaglia, Suzanne Buirgy, Gavin Creel, Orfeh, the Kinsey Sicks, and Michael Arden. Fitness guru, Susan Powter will be offering yoga and fitness classes throughout the week and pro NFL player Esera Tuaolo a will give motivational speeches.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050614/nytu130.html?.v=12