Author Topic: Fox Reality Channel, Finally An All Reality TV Network  (Read 11899 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Fox Reality Channel, Finally An All Reality TV Network
« on: May 23, 2005, 02:03:41 PM »

May 23, 2005
Fox Reality Channel, Finally An All Reality TV Network
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 is destined to be an epic day in the annals of reality TV history.  An event that reality TV fans have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for will finally materialize.  Are we talking about the singing showdown between the rocker and the country girl on American Idol 4?  No, that’s not it.  Then, surely we’re talking about the blessed union of reality TV’s golden couple.  The day when Boston Rob and Amber Brkich truly become Romber.  No, that’s not it either.  Well, then is it the pounding, fist flying finale to Sylvester Stallone’s The Contender?  Wrong, yet again.

The life-changing, earth-shattering, chill-inducing event that we are talking about is what reality TV fans have dreamed about ever since watching the very first season of Survivor.  A desire that only grew stronger as Amazing Race, Joe Millionaire, Average Joe, American Idol, and a thousand other unscripted shows starting gracing the airwaves.  Yes, we’re talking about the ultimate reality TV nirvana.  An entire network dedicated to nothing but reality TV programming.

This isn’t something we talk about lightly.  We’ve been teased before.  There was that network that was supposed to be launched by that group of reality TV stars.  Reality Central that became Reality 24-7 that became Reality Vanished-Off-The-Face-Of-The-Planet.  But this time it looks like it is really going to happen.  We’ve even seen the schedule for the first week.  Yes, Virginia, there is an all reality TV channel.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2005, Fox Reality will hit the airwaves.  Fox Reality will be one of the largest launches ever for a new network reaching an estimated 18.5 million homes.  Shows that are set to air during the launch week include Joe Millionaire, Cops, World’s Most Shocking Moments, The Villa, Real Stories of the Highway Patrol, Arrest & Trial, 5th Wheel, Xtreme Dating, and Single Girls.

The ongoing planned program line-up is said to consist of  “several long and short-form original series, as well as unscripted series newly customized with original bonus features.”  The re-airings of reality shows from the past will be supplemented with ”a steady diet of contestant commentary, pre and post-show interviews, auditions, out-takes and behind-the-scenes clips.”  Fox Reality also plans to eventually offer video on demand and interactive opportunities.  While the new network's launch will surely draw the ire of critics who often can't resist the chance to write reality TV bashing headlines, the network will undoubtedly be a success where it counts.  And that is among the millions of reality TV fans that have elevated the reality TV programming format to the top of the television ratings charts.

Posted by Joe Reality on May 23, 2005 at 12:15 AM in Fox Reality Channel | Permalink

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/05/fox_reality_cha.html#more

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
Re: Fox Reality Channel, Finally An All Reality TV Network
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 02:21:48 PM »
how do you find out if you get it? just flip around your tv on tues?
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 02:39:19 PM »
I have no idea Styx , lol . I guess it depends on your Cable Company ? Mine totally sucks so I'm not holding my breath  ]:, , where I live we have no option besides a satellite dish ( living in the Mountains with trees and snow and ice storms not recommended ) so basically we get screwed all the time .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:48:22 PM »
more~

http://www.realitytvcalendar.com/news/stories/rl-frc-04-05-05.html

and here~
FOX Reality channel will launch in May.
On May 24, FOX will launch its cable reality channel FOX Reality. The network's general manager said "he has locked up more than 1,000 hours of programming and about 30 series," which "will include both Fox faves ('The Swan,' Joe Millionaire, Temptation Island) and hits from non-News Corp. outlets (Last Comic Standing, For Love or Money)," according to Variety. Also included will be Love Cruise and Mad, Mad House. The new network "is also in talks with Warner Bros.-owned Telepictures to acquire off-net episodes of Mike Fleiss' ABC vet The Bachelor." GM David Lyle tells Variety, "No one has refused to play ball. We're interested in the widest range of reality programming we can get." FOX Reality will debut before the reality TV cast member-launched and -funded channel Reality Central, which still says on its web site that it is "et to launch in 2004."

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/reality_tv_related/2005_Apr_05_fox_reality

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »
Fox Reality is real

Kicking off on Tuesday this week, the Fox Reality Channel has officially premiered as a 24/7 service on DirecTV, the satellite television service also owned by Fox parent, News Corp.

Debuting with DirecTV's 14.4 million subscribers, as well as some 600k Insight Communications households, the network's first night of programming featured blocks from season one of Joe Millionaire, an episode of Cops and World's Most Shocking Moments: Caught on Tape.

On Wednesday, the series 5th Wheel and Extreme Dating were added to the line-up. At present, the network is programming infomercials from 05.00 to 09.00. Fox Reality will continue its rollout throughout the summer through its distribution agreements with Cox Communications, Adelphia and Dish Network.

The channel's gm and coo David Lyle, once head of Fremantle Media North America, is mainly looking at English-language reality for his new channel, as well as a little foreign-language material. He has also licensed Fox series like Forever Eden and Temptation Island, CBS's The Will and NBC's Meet the Folks, as well as UK series like The Villa, World of Stupid and Single Girls.

Though the past season in the US have been all about drama, and this fall looks set to follow suit, Lyle is bullish about the longevity of reality, recently telling Rose d'Or delegates: "You can’t kill it with a brick!" adding that the unscripted genre "isn't dead or even sick" in the US.

Kris Sofley
27 May 2005
© C21 Media 2005

http://www.c21media.net/news/detail.asp?area=4&article=24980

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 06:33:22 PM »
I don't believe it, I get this channel!

Lots of COPS on! LOL

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 08:11:59 PM »
 }}{ You get everything Rob ..I just knew you would  ,.(

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 03:01:16 PM »
Joe Millionaire #1 is on, and I have seen preview for My Big Fat Fiance! LMAO I CANT FREAKING WAIT I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

:)

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
Well you are going to have to use your new Video card to record the shows and download then host them for me  8-)' , especially Forever Eden  {|

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »
I hope my cable company (Time Warner) gets this soon....AND I hope we won't have to pay extra for it!!
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 12:50:38 PM »
It said that on Dish network you get it if you have the top 180 channels...we have 120