Archive > Survivor 8: All Stars

Is Survivor 8 the last?

(1/3) > >>

Brown Guy:
I was cruising through the tvguide canada website and i stumbled upon a page that listed all the renewals and pickups for shows this fall. What i was surprised to see was that Survivor was only renewed until the end of season 8. ??? Wats going on? Ive heard mentions of dozens of more survivor seasons. Visit the page and see for yourself @

http://www.tvguide.ca/update/renewals.html

Bathfizzy:
I just checked out the site and saw exactly what you saw.  "renewed until end of season 8".  Perhaps they have runned out of places to hold them.  Or maybe they have runned out of money.  I am sure it costs alot of money to set things up in the beginning.

Rob:
Yeah, but think of the ad dollars that CBS gets from a season of Survivor. They HAVE to make money on it, or they would be stupid to keep it around this long. I don't think Survivor will be going anywhere for a while. (I hope)
Rob

Theresa:
It could just mean that is when the current contract is up.  Not nessarily that it will be the last one.  Let's hope.

Theresa

Bathfizzy:
That makes sense Theresa.  I guess if they negotiate a new contract they can ask for more money when it comes to airing the ads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version