Author Topic: bo impresses Clive Davis on 'idol'  (Read 3674 times)

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
bo impresses Clive Davis on 'idol'
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:23:16 PM »
Bo impresses Clive Davis on ‘Idol’
The final three contestants on "American Idol" are Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice and Vonzell Solomon.
COMMENTARY
By Craig Berman
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 10:40 p.m. ET May 17, 2005When it comes to people it’s nice to impress in the record industry, Clive Davis is one of the top names on the list. While president of CBS records, he signed Janis Joplin, Santana, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel. He then left to found Arista Records, and the label subsequently inked the likes of Whitney Houston, Sean ‘Puffy’ Combs, the Grateful Dead, Aretha Franklin and Tony Braxton.

advertisement

So it’s fair to say that Davis has seen some talented performers in his nearly 40 years in the business.

He saw another one while serving as a guest judge on “American Idol” Tuesday night: Bo Bice. And since Davis is also chairman and CEO of BMG North America — which produces the winner’s CD — Bice has a great shot at a record deal regardless of how the vote turns out.

}^!

Offline dramaqueen

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: bo impresses Clive Davis on 'idol'
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 11:10:11 AM »
I think that the three final contestants will be getting record deals. But I agree Bo is probably now guaranteed one.