Author Topic: Survivor 11 Guatamala!  (Read 32265 times)

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
Re: Survivor 11 Guatamala!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 10:49:33 AM »
I'd like to see S11 start in Sept, too.  I hope they don't push it back.  I'd like it to be done before the holidays.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2005, 06:19:08 PM »
Swanee , LOL thats a riot , what I did was try to do all my Xmas shopping on line then only run out for the little things we could not get on-line.
I did read somewhere that it starts in Sept probably right after BB ends .
CBS Fall TV Schedule 2005-2006
CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
2005-2006 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE
(N=New; NT=New Time; all times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE KING OF QUEENS (NT)
8:30-9:00 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (N)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN (NT)
9:30-10:00 PM OUT OF PRACTICE (N)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
10:00-11:00 PM CLOSE TO HOME (N)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-8:30 PM STILL STANDING (NT)
8:30-9:00 PM YES, DEAR (NT)
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS (N)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
10:00-11:00 PM WITHOUT A TRACE

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER (N)
9:00-10:00 PM THRESHOLD (N)
10:00-11:00 PM NUMB3RS

SATURDAY
8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM COLD CASE
9:00-11:00 PM CBS SUNDAY MOVIE

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2005/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 06:22:56 PM by puddin »

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 07:37:04 PM »
Damn Jeff Johnny Fairplay=ratings. 
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 10:08:39 PM »
 [# Kiss it puddin! Dang site was being dumb last night! _-^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »
 {l{  this site ?

Offline irelen

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 10:31:48 PM »
hehe...I thought that it didn't post at all and it posted twice! ^/^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 10:58:42 PM »
OH now I see , lol , it doesn't matter we understand  )_^>

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Tourism: The country exposed to the world
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2005, 07:33:31 PM »
I saw this at SurvivorFever
Tourism: The country exposed to the world
Archaeological park will be scene to film reality show
By: Byron Dardon
(PrensaLibre 6.18.05)

The CBS reality show will provide a viewing audience to Guatemala of more than than 200 million people worldwide. Fotoarte Presses Frees: Mishell Chang.
After several weeks to sharpen details, finally the contract of "inter-institutional collaboration" was reached yesterday between the company Mundo Antiguo S.A., the Ministry of Culture and Sport, the National Commission of Protected Areas (Conap) and the Inguat for the shooting of the live program Survivor: Guatemala, the Mayan Empire.

Willi Kalschmitt, presidential commissioner for the Tourism, informed yesterday into which the shooting of edition 11 of reality Survivor show will initiate the 27th of June and will conclude in the middle of August.

The filming of the program of the American television network CBS, will be carried out in the Natural reserve Yaxha, Naranjo,  one of the archaeological parks in Petan, considered an historical and cultural jewel, as well as a place of unmatched natural beauty.

In this reality show, in addition to the 18 contestants, there will be between 150 and 200 film crew.

Millionaire hearing

Kalschmitt, commented that the shooting of the show will be of great benefit for the country because the program is viewed by more than 200 million people worldwide.

Daniel Martin, director of the Inguat, explains that the program will demonstrate that Guatemala will experience great tourism growth.

Carlos Albacete, representative of the Green Tropical ONG, thought that the program would have a minimum impact in the media if the recommendations of organizations like Conap are followed.

Efraan Asij, president of the Commission of Tourism of the Congress, indicated that this type of program is beneficial because in addition to being educational, it markets the country in a way in which the State nor the Government have the capacity to promote it.

Millionaire investment

According to one recent publication of the regional magazine America Economy, the investment to promote the Survivor program is millionaire in the countries that until now have been favored.

According to the magazine, the chosen countries expose their landscapes in the American television in one hour weekly installments throughout the 16 weeks of programming.

In agreement with the publication, the multimillionaire investment that implies to be chosen, is considered when multiplying the cost of an announcement of 30 second commercials that cost USS400 thousand.

When the series was made in Australia, some analysis valued the promotion in USS11 billion.

The business of Survivor

The CBS reality show will provide a viewing audience to Guatemala of more than 200 million people worldwide.

The competition takes place in exotic places, where the participants have tests and challenges.

Survivor has been filmed in Borneo, Marquises, Australia, Africa, Thailand, Amazon, Pearl Islands, Vanuatu and Palau.

The mechanics of the show consists of which the participants advance with forms gain their tests and receive the support of the other equipment.

The winner of Survivor takes USS1 million.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 11:48:06 AM »
  ;) Copper Canyon Adventures

The trip you want, when you want it!

Unique and personal Copper Canyon trips based on your preferences and schedule--let our unsurpassed knowledge of the Copper Canyon help you enjoy the Copper Canyon trip of a lifetime!

From train trips and gentle vehicle tours to hiking, trekking and horseback riding, we do it all.

(Plus, great Guatemala trips and other amazing destinations done the Copper Canyon Adventures way!)

Guatemala

SURVIVOR: Guatemala

An itinerary to experience

The Maya Empire

See the principal locations of SURVIVOR: Guatemala, The Maya Empire, for yourself on an adventure of discovery that will put you in the center of the action!

Experience a night photo hunt for crocodiles, the wilderness of the Maya Biosphere Reserve and the beauty of Maya Sites along the Petexbatun Lake.

This 8-day itinerary to visit Tikal, Yaxha, Ceibal, and Aguateca also features the chance to enjoy a jungle canopy tour to witness the jungle top at eye level.  All this plus see the principal filming and crew support locations from SURVIVOR: Guatemala, The Maya Empire!

This Mayan experience will take place the following dates:

August 27 - September 3, 2005

September 17-24, 2005

November 12-19, 2005

(and we can also schedule this trip for whenever you want it--please email us with your date preferences)

SURVIVOR: Guatemala

Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival/Guatemala City

Arrive Guatemala city airport, where you will be met and taken to the Hotel Santa Clara.  Enjoy a welcome drink at your hotel, the Uxlabil (means "your breath" in one of the Mayan languages--there are 23 separate dialects!)

Overnight @ Hotel Santa Clara, Guatemala City.

Meals included: Welcome dinner at one of the many great restaurants in the Zona Viva of Guatemala City.

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »
"You will have the chance for a crocodile (photographic) hunt this evening on Lake Yaxha--originally, the producers of SURVIVOR: Guatemala wanted to have the players swim in this lake, but changed their mind when they heard about the crocodiles here!  We recommend AGAINST swimming in the lake, but it is a great place for a motor boat croc hunt!"

Good news for fans of Africa, Amazon looks like a not so water season and a much needed one probably.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 02:27:09 PM »
lol , I'll have to look for that crocodile emote now
how are ya CJ ?  {|

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2005, 04:44:46 PM »
Maybe the intro will have a cool Croc theme kinda like Australia???? Doing good waiting for a new season and trying to make sense of BigBrother its like a Survivor where they lock you in the house, have wimpy kinda boring challenges and see who can annoy who more. So Far i Love it!!!!!!!!!
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline discofreak77

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
survivor is unoriginal
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »
 {**}  i'm getting really tired of the survivor series in general.  it's like what's next?  Survivor in detroit? that would be entertaining.  let's look at the reality tv shows: american idol, survivor, big brother, celebreality.  all of these shows are repeated over and over until they are completely unoriginal.

the freshest thing out there is Rockstar: a show where real-life musicians seek their big break to be the lead singer of a reunited INXS. 

the show packs a punch, it's hilarious, it's engaging, it's real drama, it's everything that shows like idol have lost. 

it's NEW.  it has relevant judges- Simon is a pampered businessman, he doesn't know what it's like to actually performe, unlike Rockstar's host: dave navarro.

check this show out for something new.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 03:56:29 PM »
Discofreak...the show you talk about is new and probably is good.  But after the first season people will be saying the same thing you are about the other reality shows.  It is the same thing.

The thing that most peopel like about BB, Survivor is that the people change and yes people get booted off the show and do challenges, but it is the people factor that keeps this interesting.  You think that the people would know from past shows what works and what does not....and yet they still vote off the strong or play both sides and other things.

There is a thread for INXS rock start show in the new reality shows/other reality shows.  IT has not been around long enough to have it's own forum but it does have it's own thread.  We would love for you to provided feed back on the shows for all to read if you stick around.

Welcome to the board

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 07:09:34 PM »
Yep...that sums it up, Texan...and very well said!  :hapy:
The variety of personalities is intriguing to me...no matter how repetitious the game play...

Offline this is importent

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »
 _-^
   Why aren't any of them black that is so wrong .....so very wrong

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2005, 09:24:17 PM »
Ask Mark Burnett .. he does the casting not us  ;)

Offline palauan on guam

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • achoo!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2005, 10:57:47 PM »
u know what will be cool... if they could get a bunch of hard core islanders(definitely not me because i know what a computer looks like)  }} or jungle folks and let them live in new york or las vegas... lol ... i think they wont even last a week.... i dont know why america keeps making survivor shows when they've already survived as the greatest nation in such a short amount of time... its my kind of people that need to be taught how to survive... well maybe in america. oh well...laters  :t-up:
palauan unexposed....
say hello to my little fwen..."click" palau palau palau palau palau palau...muhahahahahah

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2005, 01:54:11 AM »
Our Pal is BACk  {**}  {|  ...... Welcome back sweetie pie  :kuss:

Offline ddrettop

• RFF Full Member
  • Dual Personality
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2005, 06:43:04 AM »
Mark Burnett just looking for a new Rob and Amber
Am I me or am I She??

Offline kerri

• BB Live Feed Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Janie Rocks!
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2005, 10:26:01 PM »
has anyone started guessing at the what the second major twist they are advertising might be? we already know one is the returning contestants...

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2005, 04:06:56 AM »
I wonder if the second twist might have somthing to do w/ the 2 former Survivor contestants participating in S11?
Not sure exactly what!  *(^